• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New and Updated Character Mains Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Because the OP of the last one is busy with uni work, I'm assuming he's going to be okay with this. If not, go ahead and delete this.

So, this is the unofficial 'who mains who?' thread for Australia. I've left the ones (and added new ones) that I'm sure of (i.e. those from WA who don't main 10 thousand characters (I'm looking at you Glenn and Richard)). To clean the thread, I've removed all others from the list for the sake of being easier to manage. So, report in this thread if you're still active from the last one and feel offended that I deleted you from the list. :p I also apologize to anyone who feels that I should know them but didn't add, all it means is I haven't watched you enough to feel certain that you play someone regularly still.

Same rules as last thread, if you request more than 4, I'll need proof, and try to use this format:
Code:
character - name  [State]
Thanks in advance for staying with me through this block of text. :p

Bowser
[WA]
* Lord Bowser

Captain Falcon
[WA]
* Pete278

Diddy Kong
[QLD]
* Vyse
[VIC]
* Tibs
[WA]
* Ghnaschnakoff

Donkey Kong
[NSW]
* Don

Falco
[NSW]
* Swordsaint/Scoot
[WA]
* Vlade

Fox

Ganondorf

Ice Climbers

Ike

Jigglypuff
[WA]
* Muzga

King Dedede
[WA]
* Jupz

Kirby

Link

Lucario
[SA]
* DJBrowny

Lucas

Luigi

Mario

Marth
[WA]
* Marteh

Meta Knight
[QLD]
* Amaterasu
[SA]
* DJBrowny
[WA]
* Jupz
* Muzga

Mr. Game and Watch
[NSW]
* Melancholy
[WA]
* Lord_Bowser

Ness
[NSW]
* Meteor Master
[WA]
* Ghnaschnakoff

Olimar

Peach

Pikachu

Pit

Pokémon Trainer
[NSW]
* Toby
[WA]
* Mic_128

R.O.B.
[WA]
* MTGod

Samus

Sheik
[WA]
* Bsrk_

Snake
[NSW]
* luke atyeo
[SA]
* DJBrowny
[Vic]
* Attila
[WA]
* Proxy
* Skillskillfiretruck

Sonic
[SA]
* DJBrowny
[WA]
* Marteh

Toon Link
[WA]
* Alzi
* Corpsecreate

Wario
[NSW]
* tedeth
[WA]
* Richard7

Wolf
[NSW]
* tedeth
[WA]
* Proxy

Yoshi

Zelda
[WA]
* Bsrk_

Zero Suit Samus

Browny

Smash Hater
:/

I liked condog's pictures for the mains, I hope you can find the time to make something fancy like he did.

umm put me down for Lucario Sonic MK Snake I guess

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
lol not sure condog is gonna be too happy about this...

just btw, its 'attila' and im from melbourne...

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Its alright, we got it sorted. We're gonna work together on the original thread with lots of fancy graphs and stuff. =D

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Can we please try and keep this one to about 2 chars max per person? Too many people to list, let alone list them 3 times. >.>

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Link - Scabe (ACT) :link:

I'm hoping I get to be the only Link main this time :D

I also agree with Meteor Master that 2 characters max is good.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
How about listing by state then player, rather than character then state? I'd make it so much easier to look up a particular person's mains that way... If you're fussy about how many people play X character or whatever, you can always have statistics.

Also I don't "necessarily" agree with Meteor; personally I agree more than two mains is pushing it, but at the same time I don't think it's anyone else's business how many mains you have.

Anyway:

EA, NSW, Ice Climbers

swordsaint

Smash Master
Regardless what anyone says, you're always going to fallback on only one or two characters in a tough spot. Those are what should be considered mains.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just a heads up, I'm from ACT not NSW, and I also use luigi, YES I HAVE USED AND PLACED WELL WITH HIM IN TOURNEYS.

I also think that people putitng more then 2 is stupid, lots of people pick up new "mains" all the time that are really more like flavour of the month and should't be taken seriously, otherwise you should put me down for fox and ganon as well.

while I'm at it, no offense to either pete or condog or anyone else but this threads are kinda stupid imo and shouldnt be spammed, we already had 1, why not have 7, 1 for every day of the week.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Yay! Someone who will update!

Sheik and Ike - EdgeGames [VIC]

Also isn't Don in America? Or does Australia have it's own Don? Or is Don an Honourary Australian?
Any information that isn't from WA I clarified with my friend, the obsessive compulsive tournament watcher. Where we differed, I went with his opinion, and thus, any mistakes are his fault :p.

Same goes to Atilla and Luke, my apologies there.

Basically, I was planning on having the line graph I posted in the other thread, a pie chart showing percentage of character by state to see if there's any trends, and percentages of wins per main/per state per main. Obviously I'd link these rather than directly post them, as they'd turn a thread into a giant loading fest for people on 64k. :p

But, anyway, the situation has been solved and Condog does have a spot to revise from, so he knows where to remove the inactive people. Its a bit sad there's no reserved second post for graphs, but I'm sure they'll fit in the OP. :p If you have any requests for graphs and/or charts you'd like to see based on the data, either post it in the other thread or pm me. :D

i.e. try not to bump this thread, since its now redundant, and I'll ask for a lock on it asap. Thanks for your time, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom