• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new and improved NORTH CAROLINA locator thread

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I find it funny that people are still finding the boards as Brawl is coming out

There will be a Jubilee soon
it might revert back to its roots (IE no free food for everyone, less players)
but it will come
I can get you guys pizza for half price. Just lemme know when.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
I find it funny that people are still finding the boards as Brawl is coming out

There will be a Jubilee soon
it might revert back to its roots (IE no free food for everyone, less players)
but it will come

I can bring some food as well, though I will not attest to the quality of it (We'll see where 5$ at a gas station gets me, got me 24 Pepsi's and a bag of chips last time!). Still need to find a tourney to harass w/ you Malk, sucks I wasn't able to make Pound. How'd it go BTW?

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
Luna you need a smash fest or something Boi. o;
I knooow, I can't decide if I want to do a quick impromptu melee one soon or just go for an early brawl one. :o Suffice to say though there'll be something here within the next month, just depends on which game it is. If I can snag malk to help me out with figuring out how to set things up it may be Melee here in the next ~2 weeks. Will post more details soon.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
Just finished setting up some times/etc. for a quick smashing this weekend, anyone in the NC area who's got time can come by, just please let me know first, thread's over here.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Yo what's up NC people. I've been on a super long hiatus waiting for Brawl to come out, but since they games just about to be released, I figured I'd make my return to the scene.

Looking forward to smashing with you all. Oh and Pacstrife / Auralicious: I dunno if you guys post here but this is Villainous aka Jon aka that guy that plays Slayer. I'm pretty sure atleast James posts here though.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Long time no see Corey, good to see you're still around, haha. I guess James mentioned he's been playing GG? You still in Charlotte or did you ever move back to Raleigh?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Still in Charlotte, enjoying being part of the group we got here. Finally NC's coming out of the woodwork.

Mentioned? I got to watch him more or less destroy some of the Pembroke players. He said he's been spending some time with you guys, to which I just laughed.

I'll have to show you the stick I've made for Brawl. Haven't tested it yet, so we'll see if it's worth a **** XD.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Haha good **** James. He's come a long way from when he first started playing with NC's GG crew. He'll be a contender in no time.

And when you say stick, do you mean like.....arcade stick? I didn't even know people used those for smash. :laugh:

Think I'ma go the way of the classic controller, it seems the least ******** of the 3 options.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
It's an experiment. I've seen too much interest in Hori's new Wii controller, particularly for use with Brawl (which it won't of course, just like with Melee) not to see if I can't build one that will. If digital input proves to not mesh well then you'll still be able to plug in a nunchuk.

When I'm not trying to make the stick work, I'll probably stick to my old GC controller. I should have the rest of the parts to repair the LEDs tomorrow.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
I've always wondered how it would be to play smash on a stick. I imagine all the quick movements are a lot harder though. Atleast this'll give the hardcore 2D fighting people a way to play it though since everyone's a stick nazi in other communities. I'm like the only 2D pad player left, haha.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Wow, so, does that incorporate the wiimote inputs when you hit the buttons or is that just like... a place holder? Pretty impressive, regardless.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
There's only 4 buttons on the Wiimote in the first place. I could have made buttons for combinations (as it stands you'll have to use 1+2 for grab or else make up your only jump command).

Edit: All the big buttons are superglued in for appearances, but the -, Home, and + buttons, and the Power button, all function normally. I couldn't be bothered to rewire those little ****ers, plus I wanted the design to allow for IR and extension controller functionality (hence the nunchuk strap there if you want to play that way).

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Yep. It's actually, pretty much done. I need to go to radio shack and pick up a little push button for the Sync button. It's supposed to go in that little hole on the left of the front panel. I broke the one I had already when I was putting it into the box >_<;;.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
haha well, if it sucks you can always sell it for a big chunk of change on ebay I'd imagine. Looks like that took a lot of work.

Also, there needs to be more metaknight videos online, no body's playing him x_x

Personally I'm gonna main him even if he sucks though, he just looks too fun not to.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
ya i really didnt care to lose against hax, i would have had a falcon ditto with him and showed him the nc matchup haha but if i would have won we may not have made it home on time haha. I was happy i made the 32 man bracket out of all the great players there. So i dont really care, in my mind im still the DERN BEST!!!!!!!

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Mildly curious as to what happened this weekend, but I had classwork so no big deal. However...

Feb. 23 & 24 there needs to be a fest somewhere in this state preferably with Brawl. This is my birthday weekend so there will likely be more conventional party measures too. You're all officially on notice.

Top Bottom