• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new and improved NORTH CAROLINA locator thread

Novix

Smash Rookie
The number of TVs/consoles is something I don't have control over short of bringing my own stuff, and I think we are already using my GC anyway. The general layout of the LAN for any of its console tournaments is that there are a couple of machines setup for tournament play and at least one or more for casual play so people don't get bored and go wandering off. Granted, people will probably wander off regardless but this is to keep it to a minimum.

Malk

Smash Champion
Definitely have people bring setups.
2 TVs is absolutely rediculous.

Last dumb tournament I went to had 3 tvs, and a 32 person single round single elimination took ~3 hours.

oh god yuck I don't want to go to a 2 tv tournament.

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
el oh el

animazement had two tv's (very laggy) and one projector :)

good thing only 64 people showed up :(:(:(:(:(:(
epic

fail

Whatever you do dont do This:
At AWA they had 120 people and 5 tvs, they managed to make it time manageable...by making it 3 stock single elimination and you just played the person next to you in line until the final 8... Never do this. ever

Malk

Smash Champion
That sounds brilliant
what are the chances more than 8 good people show up anyway?
hey how when I show up I just pick out the 8 best players to proceed to top 8, then we can double elim like normal.

Sound good?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVEZz7NREfY

Fu*k smash . . . Not when Adam and Mike are always mixin it up for epic matches of all types.

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
el oh el

animazement had two tv's (very laggy) and one projector :)

good thing only 64 people showed up :(:(:(:(:(:(

There were a lot more that were supposed to show up lolol. I think everyone in my crew except for me got a bye. And in some cases, two. xD

Those tvs were horrible. I used a match to adjust and then got thrown off again because while I was playing someone, my television CUT OFF. DDDDDD:<

Um, k, I'm gone nowz

BossNasty73

Smash Cadet
Richard- Bossnasty - Aim: BossNasty

I don't use katagatame73 anymore so...uh yeah. And I dont think i can make it to the Tourney! I have a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tournament the same day and it probably goes all day. :(

PacStrife

Smash Ace
MEGZ can't beat LOZR no problem. and she has a luigi avatar........... and her first post ever has to do with catfishes.

I saw her practicing falling up airs........... look out new NC #1 baby!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I've been perfectin' my skill to kill, with mah spinach green MARF! I gots FORTYSEVEN vidyers all telling me what I gots to do.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm the reason Spinach Marf is illegal. I'm that badass.

Hey Pac! Is there ANY simple way of preventing the music in the combo video from screwing up???

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
E for All impressions of Brawl make me really want that game . . . I wish I had gone . . .

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ah . .. No not really, but I may have figured it out. It just makes this process longer, though. Whatever it takes to make it perfect, I guess.

Novix

Smash Rookie
Well there isn't much I can do to get more consoles/TVs at the LAN. We have a hard enough time getting the TVs that we do use, and none of the smash players at the school come to the gaming club meetings so we don't really have a way of contacting them. I'll try to talk to some people and see what I can come up with but it'll be a stretch.

Anyway, I guess the bottom line is don't come if you don't think you'll enjoy yourself with our limited equipment. I want to get people here to play but its hard getting everything setup for some 9 tournaments, 5 of which are console.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Wow, Luther should be happy about the Bowser news. I hope Fox isn't really so bad as everyone says, cause I was planning to play him for all 3 games, but I guess Sonic will do. Fast is fast, right?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I should actually be done with this by the end of the day. I've spent all my free time in the last two days (I got lucky and have no classes today, and no work yesterday) about nearly 14 hours solely working on this. I did what you suggested and recorded alot of whatever combos I could find and pick the best of the bunch. All that's left, really, is LoZR's cooperation for his shout outs at the end of the video (His idea, it'll make the video unnecessarily long I feel). Expect to see the finished work in a few days. :)

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
I should actually be done with this by the end of the day. I've spent all my free time in the last two days (I got lucky and have no classes today, and no work yesterday) about nearly 14 hours solely working on this. I did what you suggested and recorded alot of whatever combos I could find and pick the best of the bunch. All that's left, really, is LoZR's cooperation for his shout outs at the end of the video (His idea, it'll make the video unnecessarily long I feel). Expect to see the finished work in a few days. :)

Wow, fisnished? Did I actually make the Cut? or is this whole combo vid gonna be Lozr with a side of half of Crew Ygo? Hell I havent even heard a meantion of Pac bein in the video....

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mike. I decided a while ago to just work on LoZR. Combo videos of everyone would've taken far too long, and Youtube only allows 10 minute videos, normally.

I was thinking of doin' you next. :) Well see.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey Pac. I wanted to get the combo video up last night, but it seems as though I can't encode it to a smaller file size. My encoder runs into an error problem. Is there something you could do to help me?

I really need some help to get the final product up because my computer is farting out on me . . . I've spent too much time to just let it sit on my computer. :(

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Zio I will try to come out and and see you sometime tonight? are you working or will you be at yo' house?

don't worry man people are gonna see all the hard work you put it. It's really gonna pay off too :)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes I work tonight. From 6 to 10. Weak shift.

All this time, besides goin' to the library for the last hour, I spent trying to get it to work.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I feel like an idort, Pac. I was savin my videos in a different style than you were, and in the end caused me much stress. I think you SO much for saving me the time it would've taken to get this right.

Just minutes away from the epic, public viewing of LoZR's combo video ~ Speed Kills.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The epic public announcement!?!

HERE IT FU*KING IS, GUYS! After so much time, I can finally give you the complete version of LoZR's combo video - Speed Kills. This was a difficult task to undertake, considering the lack of experience I had before this (virtually none).:laugh:

I have learned from this, and can take an easier route for the next combo video, if I ever consider doing another one. It really depends on the feedback I gain from this. If it was worth it or not . . .

Here's the thread, guys. Be sure to leave some feedback of any sort. :)

SPEED KILLS ~ An LoZR combo video by ~ZIO~

Hey Pac! If you have any input as to what I posted for the first post in my thread, PM me what that input is. I won't hesitate to edit it, if it needs the editing.

Top Bottom