• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
umm do you mean the one where throws the bomb one way but his hands pretend to throw it somewhere else? if you do then no.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah that's included in the double BFO. You Jump, BFO then run and re-catch the Bomb with Dash attack or any SH'd aerial.
But I'm still interested to hear what the running BFO is. So unless he's writing up a thread or whatever, this could all be quite dissapointing cause I still haven't heard from him and I gotta go soon.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
aaaaaaahhh
I think it's what Corps said.

but I just made it better I guess

Well basically you pull out a bomb, dash then JCT the bomb, then dash again and recatch it with and arial so far f-air is best, you can also catch it with n-air I haven't tried the rest probably u-air will work too...oh and also you can instead of using an arial just recatch it with dash attack.

Anyways I made it better by implementing iBomb to it, Running iBFO lololol jk so anyways you do the same just recatch it with f-air and iBomb, I dont think other arials work as good as f-air for this, but idk you'll have to help me there.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I knew you could re-catch JC bombs with DA, but I didn't think it was possible to do with aerials. >_>

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You guys know we can re-catch them with a running...catch...thing...right? Like JC bomb throw, run, tap A and let go of the analog and we re-catch without the attack.

Is it possible that after the BFO, instead of catching it with a Dash Attack, we can catch it with a DACUS?

I won't have access to my Wii now, so someone check that when they can.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I can already confirm that we can. I'll put in in the vid for ya ;)

super edit: Jacob Flan, change your title to Oh My Gaaaaawwwwwdddd!!!!!
The way it would be pronounced now is like food with a G instead of an F.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow I must be way behind. We can re-catch after a JC Throw? Why didn't I know this? It's like everyone else knew except me XD. Well this changes things, a lot of things. I'm gonna go stuff around with this then probably add it, unless you wanted to make a vid first? Just let me know.

So everyone knew this? Jeez..... It sounds hectic as well. That JC BFO to U-smash sounds like a massive mind game kill. Like it kills their minds. Ok I'm out.

Edit: Oh yeah, ASF1nk, I totally use BFO, but only every now and then. If this new one works out, I might start using it way more.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
because the Bomb Kamikaze is an follow up for more damage .)
Toon Link harasses ALLL GAME in mid range. Why would you want to turn his projectiles into a close range fight when you can do it safer with range? -_-

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
By shenanigans I meant sometimes I re-catch, sometimes I re-throw, sometimes I catch it with a Fair, and sometimes other things. It really never helps, but I just want to look flashy. Not even kidding.

My current favorite thing to do in this game is Instant wall-jump>Bomb throw>Bomb re-catch/throw>Catch and JC throw>Re-catch with Dash Attack

I use it in between stocks in friendlies, thus proven that it doesn't help...lol

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok so after testing this shiz, it's better then I first thought. I'll just get right to it.
You bomb pull, run, JC Throw forwards, Dash forwards before the animation is over and (here it is) you can;
Catch it with Dash attack or cancel the dash attack into an U-smash
Catch it with any SH'd aerial. (For things like Bair, just C-stick it)
Catch it with SH instant airdodge, which means, you can instantly re-throw the Bomb in any direction (just use the Instant Bomb throw), ibomb or Zair.

In short, it's ****.

I'ma add The Running BFO now.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
Ok so after testing this shiz, it's better then I first thought. I'll just get right to it.
You bomb pull, run, JC Throw forwards, Dash forwards before the animation is over and (here it is) you can;
Catch it with Dash attack or cancel the dash attack into an U-smash
Catch it with any SH'd aerial. (For things like Bair, just C-stick it)
Catch it with SH instant airdodge, which means, you can instantly re-throw the Bomb in any direction (just use the Instant Bomb throw), ibomb or Zair.

In short, it's ****.

I'ma add The Running BFO now.

I know I was using it in a few matches today and it works incredibly well...even if you miss the foe gets hit with the bomb and you f-air him out of the stunt animation...but you also have to space this well or you'll damage yourself.

Running BFO to DACUS...... how would you abbreviate that?

RBFODACUS?
srs fox r comin

I'm still trying to learn the DA re-catch thing. I just learned about it.

I just wanna BFO to DACUS someone to death. :D

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
Just watching a few old videos of TL on youtube and this one got me thinking of a situational, but master-able tech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvL79ETW1CQ&feature=related

Watch at :20 when the returning boomerang hit MK back a perfect distance for TL to have jumped and completed another bair. Combos?

Another possibility would be to jump and dair them on stage.

Just pointing out some thoughts that probably have been noticed before, but not put into practical use.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Not the up B part. Just make sure kirby is about to up B (ran out of jumps). If not, they might try to gimp/spike you. Besides that it's the same thing.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What the HELL you guys... I come back and there are already 5 billion more Toon Link ATs.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
umm I see...
Then why would missiles cancel when they hit me right in the middle of a BFO? (Yes again with BFO I use it a lot)
I mean shouldn't the bomb explode when it hits Samus missile??? Instead it just cancels... idk just something I noticed. =P

Top Bottom