• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
i dont think there will be bosses from every series, i know it would make sense but for some reason i dont think it will happen. After all we have the primid, we have bowser and his koopalings (+ Petey) we have evil looking pokemon, plus metanight and wario, and probably gdorf,eggman, and andross. Unless the se is gonna be even more epic then i could imagine i dont think there is anyroom left for more bosses.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
What bosses could they fight? Pokey?
Or Starman or something. xD

i dont think there will be bosses from every series, i know it would make sense but for some reason i dont think it will happen. After all we have the primid, we have bowser and his koopalings (+ Petey) we have evil looking pokemon, plus metanight and wario, and probably gdorf,eggman, and andross. Unless the se is gonna be even more epic then i could imagine i dont think there is anyroom left for more bosses.
I'm not too sure if playable characters like Metaknight and Wario will be bosses. Well, maybe Metaknight. But Petey has really been the only confirmed boss so far. So I'm sure there will be plenty more to come. Andross would be a good one.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
What? There has to be more bosses.
well im sure the ones i named will be in there, also the primid are probably gonna have more then just foot soldiers, they are probably gonna have their fair share of bosses. After all they apear to be the main enimies. Plus i think there are more then enough bosses from other, more popular/recent/widly known series.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
yeah, and i was thinkin from what ive heard claus may make a good boss, or mini-boss type guy.
The only reason I didn't suggest Claus is because people would then complain about how he wasn't playable. But mini-bosses would be a good idea. Like people like Claus and Metaknight. Preferably just the playable bad guys as mini-bosses. xD

Fandangox

Smash Lord
uuuh I have a nice change of topic (the bosses topic) what if... mother 3 was being released back in 1999 ness would have been replaced by Lucas and then HAL laboratoty will be creating Mother 4 by 2005 with ness again as the main characters, thus replacing Lucas with Ness in Brawl and all of us would be like "WHAT! F*** NESS!!! I WANT LUCAS BACK!"

Fandangox

Smash Lord
uuuh I have a nice change of topic (the bosses topic) what if... mother 3 was being released back in 1999 ness would have been replaced by Lucas and then HAL laboratoty will be creating Mother 4 by 2005 with ness again as the main characters, thus replacing Lucas with Ness in Brawl and all of us would be like "WHAT! F*** NESS!!! I WANT LUCAS BACK!"

EDIT: sorry for and unknow reason this got posted three times

Just a comment, Ness wouldn't have been the main character of Mother 4. Why would they suddenly decide to have a character star in two Mother games for the first time in the series?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Just a comment, Ness wouldn't have been the main character of Mother 4. Why would they suddenly decide to have a character star in two Mother games for the first time in the series?
MAN! some people, I say that just so my story can make sence so people will f*****g laught! no one here have sence of humor?:chuckle:

EDIT: also I made that joke becuase people likes more Ness just because of he appeared in the fisrt smash tittles, for me, Lucas is as good as Ness (expecting for the Jimmy Neutron-Elvis-like hair). Some poeple even told me that Mother 3 game is much better that Earthbound. (thought I don't know cuz I have never played a Mother game)

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Deuce, just because people have an opposing view compared to yours does not make 'em a troll. To say so would be strikingly hypocratical and ignorant of you. You flamed the Blooper Troopers for wanting Blooper AS AN AT FOR ****S SAKE!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Deuce, just because people have an opposing view compared to yours does not make 'em a troll. To say so would be strikingly hypocratical and ignorant of you. You flamed the Blooper Troopers for wanting Blooper AS AN AT FOR ****S SAKE!
Actually they wanted him playable first... which was why I complained. :cool:

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
They wouldn't make Lucas with attacks differing from Ness' if he was going to replace Mother 2 hero. Sure Lucas is a Luigi for Ness.

For example, Mario's fireball goes down in air, Luigi's go straight. Ness' PK Fire goes down in the air, Lucas' goes straight. Mario has F.L.O.O.D., Luigi probably has his vaccum. Ness has PK Flash, Lucas has PK Freeze.

And Lucas' Final Smash is PK Starstorm so Ness' can be PK Rockin'!!!!!!

NESS FOR BRAWL!!!!!!
SORA FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!
(just becouse I don't put those icons)

XD

Yitik

Smash Cadet
Ness as a Luigi, eh? The pioneer of the Mother series in the west, and smasher in the first two Brawl games, demoted to understudy.

For some reason I'm feeling very pessimistic about this, despite the fact that I am a hardcore EarthBound fan and am never pessimistic about anything. It just seems that every solution I come across for Ness being in Brawl is either implausible or insufficient :( .

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
I didn't mean Ness as a Luigi.

I meant Ness as a Mario and Lucas as a Luigi.

Ness came first, so he can't be Luigi...

XD

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
They'll have the same relationship as Ganondorf and C.Falcon. Ganon is a copy, a "Luigified" character, just like Pichu, Luigi, Falco and Lucas. There's a page about Luigified characters in SmashWiki.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
They wouldn't make Lucas with attacks differing from Ness' if he was going to replace Mother 2 hero. Sure Lucas is a Luigi for Ness.

For example, Mario's fireball goes down in air, Luigi's go straight. Ness' PK Fire goes down in the air, Lucas' goes straight. Mario has F.L.O.O.D., Luigi probably has his vaccum. Ness has PK Flash, Lucas has PK Freeze.

And Lucas' Final Smash is PK Starstorm so Ness' can be PK Rockin'!!!!!!
mmmm wonder were you read that....

and for ness, he and lucas are like mario and luigi, they both have different meeles moves, Mario and Ness neutral B is affected by gravity, lucas and luigi don't and mario have 1 different special move from luigi, the same for ness and lucas
:dizzy: I like ice cream
Just kidding I know you thought of that by your own, even you have better reasons than me.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Have we discussed taunts and entrances yet? He'll probably enter the same way he did in Smash 64 and come in from a teleport all burnt out.

As for taunts, maybe he can take out his guitar pick and use his bat as a guitar since rockin is his favorite thing after all. I got this idea from these lyrics of the ending theme of EarthBound, Smiles and tears.

I haven't lived even half as long as adults have,
but I do have plenty of memories in my backpack
My favorite baseball cap, my sneakers with worn-out heels
Deep in my pocket is my worn-down guitar pick

His third taunt could be him taking off his baseball cap and giving a thumbs up.

Any other ideas?

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
why not Ness's stance from MOTHER 2 when he gets his picture taken? (the peace sign) i kind thought that would have made more sense than what hes had in the past

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Hmm...maybe Ness can use his slingshot to give him more projectile advantage this time around. The question is which attack should it be? A tilt maybe?

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
hiya, I made it. The pic on the first page looks more like ninten than ness though. Well anyway i was wondering how you'd feel about him returning with a new move I made up called psi or pk charge. It would be hi neutral B, and he'd charge power to go into the alpha, Beta, gamma, and omega levels of his psy. i've even thought about what each one would do.

Top Bottom