• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
That might make the move broken if it caused paralysis. Maybebif it charged faster or did more damage at a lower charge time, I would consider it a huge improvement

But what's the difference between being frozen or paralyzed? Your either in a block of ice and can't do anything or once you hit the ground you stand their like an idiot and can't do anything (Like when your shield breaks, ya know?).

Edit: But I guess there is a wider hit range when your in a giant block of ice. xD

Agosta44

Smash Ace
But what's the difference between being frozen or paralyzed? Your either in a block of ice and can't do anything or once you hit the ground you stand their like an idiot and can't do anything (Like when your shield breaks, ya know?).
Exactly, that would make it broken. After the first paralysis, you could just keep spamming the move, and they would be stuck in a loop.

Also, that would set up someone like captain falcon to make an east kill with a Falcon Paunch. When frozen, they can't be launched.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Exactly, that would make it broken. After the first paralysis, you could just keep spamming the move, and they would be stuck in a loop.

Also, that would set up someone like captain falcon to make an east kill with a Falcon Paunch. When frozen, they can't be launched.

Ahhh....thats true. I forgot you can't normally move when your frozen.....unless when you get hit by a bob-omb or something.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
it would be far more entertaining if Ness's PK flash not only paralyzed them for a second or two, but also made them puke ^^ (seeing as that was one of PK flash's many effects)

I didn't like PK Flash anyway, simply because it stood out too poorly. I mean, it's not like it's in a trio with Thunder and Fire, it's random and disconnected from them.

PK Freeze's absence was, to put it bluntly, weird.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
yeah, i very rarely use PK flash its way too slow and easy to see coming. the only time i use it is on n00bs to show my superiority. (ther're all trash talkers over here at my high school)

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I didn't like PK Flash anyway, simply because it stood out too poorly. I mean, it's not like it's in a trio with Thunder and Fire, it's random and disconnected from them.

PK Freeze's absence was, to put it bluntly, weird.
I like PK Freeze a lot better too, I was just trying to find a way that PK Flash could rival Freeze in Brawl. xD

your forehead must be red now, you want some ice?
lol! He does do that a lot doesn't he?

Agosta44

Smash Ace
The curve is too big though, and you really don't get too much "bang foe your buck". They should at least give less lag to some of his moves, and buff his yoyo.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
His yoyo was pwnsome in SSB64. And a lot faster too...

I'd trade his 64 YOYO for his Melee yoyo (if it means sacrificing charge-smash, and yoyo glitches) any day.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Ness is a hard character to master. That's why he's an unpopular choice for tournaments. However PSIguy has proven this wrong. Mastering characters is one of the joys of smash.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I always stuck to Ness. Ever since the 64 days...

Now I don't know wether I should support him, or stick with Lucas... Ness and I go a long way back XD...

But I'm not making a riot for a bunch of different moves. :p I mean, from 64 to Melee, many characters were changed. Captain Falcon was changed the most. Lucas to me is the "Falconized" Ness of Brawl... Unless of course the real Ness comes back. Then I shall welcome him back, and use him instead of Lucas.

But for now, I pray for Lucas to wear a red cap as an alt.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
xD True 'dat. People who master characters like Marth would have nothin' on people who could master Ness or someone like that.
That's not true. All characters function differently, and the learning curve doesn't really effect that, just how effective you play. So that means a pro Marth will most likely beat a pro Ness.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Personaly I don't see how he's even strong, but I'm probably being ignorant. I've only faced one person who was decent with him, but I pretty much shut him down the entire match.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
That's not true. All characters function differently, and the learning curve doesn't really effect that, just how effective you play. So that means a pro Marth will most likely beat a pro Ness.
Yes, they will most likely beat a pro Ness but still,what if they atleast put up a good fight? Characters like Fox and Marth overpower too many other characters so you wouldn't be surprised seeing people master such characters right? But what if you saw a Ness user somehow doing a really good job against a Marth or Fox user? You would have to give them props for that.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
and to return his yo-yo to normal.....god its so useless in melee, i don't even bother using it, whereas in 64 i used it in a lot of my combos (or to stop enemies from rushing in)

Top Bottom