• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Its good to have all of this Ness support and discussion going on, its much better than having to deal with trolls and flamers :cool:

and did someone really make a poem about me and Ness... weird. (and sad)

So lets keep the support up,and keep hope!

Ness + bat = awesome!

:ness: for brawl!

:cool::cool:

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Its good to have all of this Ness support and discussion going on, its much better than having to deal with trolls and flamers :cool:

and did someone really make a poem about me and Ness... weird. (and sad)

So lets keep the support up,and keep hope!

Ness + bat = awesome!

:cool::cool:
Really nice, it's as if your looking or practically begging for an argument that you can't win. Let's not do that, shall we?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
If you have a problem with me being online, then that's too bad. I've noticed that none of your post have really been constructive with anything at all.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
uhh where you responding to what i said last? if you were it wasn't directed at you i don't care who comes on, its justafter what deuceblade said i didn't want anything else to start up...thats all no offence man

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Okay so I played melee for a little bit, and figured I'll play as ness. My god.....all I can say is.....please fix him Sakurai.....

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Here's something I wrote:

So Long Ness
When will you learn, supporters of Ness?
Your acting like annoying pest.
We all agree, Sakurai knows best.
Which is why he made the "Up Until Now" test.
He wanted to find the supporters of the nation.
Just to laugh in their face as he said "DECONFIRMATION!"
"He was supposed be replaced long ago, but there was delay"
"So I decided to deconfirm Ness today!"
"I'm sorry if I upset you all"
"But I'm afraid your young fighter won't be appearing in Brawl"
Most of the supporters received lots of mail
From the non-beleivers who only could say the words "YOU FAIL"
One upset person, was a sadden Deuceblade,
Who sat away from the others, alone in the shade.
He wept and couldn't lift up his head
He still beleive in Ness as he posted in the thread
"Ness for Brawl! I got to beleive!"
"Why would we be the ones that Sakurai chose to decieve?"
Ness still had a chance, he continued to boast
But with the lack of logic, his arguments were toast
"Ness deconfirmed? This can't be true!"
Not according to the words of young vesperview.
He pointed out the reasons against Ness's return
Despite all of the points, Deuceblade still never learned
He tried to counter, but his logic was no good
He attempted to do anything that he could
He posted "Ness for Brawl" times and times again
While others spent their time to put it to an end.
It still goes on, but the support is dead
Their were no good arguments, in their head
So overall we all know one fact
That young Ness won't be coming back.
:chuckle:
You have yet to see zacoftheaxes at nsider2, He is DESPERITE TO THE MAX.
He's like "I hope claus gets announced as an AT On christmas so i can prove you nOObs wrong and it would be irony" And stuff like "Sakurai dun liek mother 3 olol, Lucas was just put in for marketing purposes" He's a biased idiot who will NEVER Get it through his head.

*facepalm* Jesus Christ has ANYONE gone offline today?
*Raises hand*
Oh sorry I didn't mean to start anything, I thought they all left.

I Said 10 Pages back to stop the "Ness4broll cool smiley" Thing, It's starting to get on my nerves DB, If you have to do it then put it in your sig or something...

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
This is a poem originally posted by Meta_Sonic64:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So Long Ness
When will you learn, supporters of Ness?
Your acting like annoying pest.
We all agree, Sakurai knows best.
Which is why he made the "Up Until Now" test.
He wanted to find the supporters of the nation.
Just to laugh in their face as he said "DECONFIRMATION!"
"He was supposed be replaced long ago, but there was delay"
"So I decided to deconfirm Ness today!"
"I'm sorry if I upset you all"
"But I'm afraid your young fighter won't be appearing in Brawl"
Most of the supporters received lots of mail
From the non-beleivers who only could say the words "YOU FAIL"
One upset person, was a sadden Deuceblade,
Who sat away from the others, alone in the shade.
He wept and couldn't lift up his head
He still beleive in Ness as he posted in the thread
"Ness for Brawl! I got to beleive!"
"Why would we be the ones that Sakurai chose to decieve?"
Ness still had a chance, he continued to boast
But with the lack of logic, his arguments were toast
"Ness deconfirmed? This can't be true!"
Not according to the words of young vesperview.
He pointed out the reasons against Ness's return
Despite all of the points, Deuceblade still never learned
He tried to counter, but his logic was no good
He attempted to do anything that he could
He posted "Ness for Brawl" times and times again
While others spent their time to put it to an end.
It still goes on, but the support is dead
Their were no good arguments, in their head
So overall we all know one fact
That young Ness won't be coming back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What the hell?! How do people get off on assuming that they can just deconfirm Ness for the rest of us? As far we all know, that "up until now" comment could me that Ness was the only Mother representative up until now. That comment can be interpreted so many ways that's it's a;most pointless to jump to the many possible conclusions.

I say that until it's directly stated on the Dojo, or until the game comes out, NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING FOR SURE!!!!! So to all the people who say Ness is out, we'll just have to wait and see. I like Ness. I main him. But, Brawl is a new game. If he's out, he's out, and I'll just have to deal with it. But, like I said, until it's directly said on the Dojo, we'll all just have to wait' til February 10th.

Ok, I'm done.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I've noticed how Claus supporters are the first ones to bash Ness chances...

What, you guys think he's gonna have any more chances with Ness out of the way? Think again. Sakurai didn't want to include too many Japan only characters. And Takamaru is a lot higher on the Poll than Claus.

I don't really care for Ness, since all I cared about were his special moves (now belonging to Lucas). If I had to vote, I'd vote for his return. But I could settle with Lucas.

Don't forget Marth and Ike still share some similarities even though they're completely different in some aspects (Such as stats). And chronologically, they're ages apart.

Brawl Ness should be something between Melee Ness and SSB64 Ness, for perfect balance.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Again i don't hate ness but your reasons for that are valid false, I Would be happy with both claus and ness but at max mother is getting is two spots and even THAT Is questionable, Also take into mind of how there could easily be left with one rep.

Hmm so everyone would you be happy if ness got turned into an ALTernative costume? Just an idea...I Think putting claus as a PC And ness as an ALT Would be one way to please many mother fan's...If i see ness back however i wouldn't mind.
I've noticed how Claus supporters are the first ones to bash Ness chances...Gewd job at assuming things here, False.

What, you guys think he's gonna have any more chances with Ness out of the way? Think again. Sakurai didn't want to include too many Japan only characters. And Takamaru is a lot higher on the Poll than Claus.Wrong again, Claus ranked Top 10 If i can remember right on the polls and a bit higher then takamaru, Also claus had four journal entries and in one of them sakurai stated that he is very interesting, Also he said a minimum of them...At max i'd expect is four (Including lucas and claus.) but i think he meant the roster as a whole for characters like sukapon takamaru stafy and demille, BTW Most of the mother series is japan only and ness's worldwide importance = Little to nothing.

I don't really care for Ness, since all I cared about were his special moves (now belonging to Lucas). If I had to vote, I'd vote for his return. But I could settle with Lucas.Or there's always the possibility of ness being an ALT For Lucas to applease more mother fans and have lucas represent ALL The mother's.

Don't forget Marth and Ike still share some similarities even though they're completely different in some aspects (Such as stats). And chronologically, they're ages apart.Marth and Ike's importance > Ness's importance, Makes sence on what you said however...

Brawl Ness should be something between Melee Ness and SSB64 Ness, for perfect balance.Assuming that he is in...Or having lucas balance that out.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
^^^
Meant to say MOST Claus supporters, btw. :p My bad.

Actually Takamaru is in the Top 5... If I remember the numbers correctly...

Geno 1st with 5 votes
Ridley 2nd with 4 votes
Krool, Isaac and Takamaru 2 or 3 votes.

I would love having an Alt costume for Lucas that was based on Ness.. I could do with that as well. :p

I was never a fan of having both Ness and Lucas. But the reasons thrown against him aren't that good. I can see for myself that more evidence points at his exclusion. I'm not a big Mother fan anyway.. I played Mother 2 a LONG time ago, and I'm currently playing Mother 1.

Anyway, I could do with Lucas alone. And even better if he has a Ness costume.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
^^^
Meant to say MOST Claus supporters, btw. :p My bad.

Actually Takamaru is in the Top 5... If I remember the numbers correctly...

Geno 1st with 5 votes
Ridley 2nd with 4 votes
Krool, Isaac and Takamaru 2 or 3 votes.

I would love having an Alt costume for Lucas that was based on Ness.. I could do with that as well. :p

I was never a fan of having both Ness and Lucas. But the reasons thrown against him aren't that good. I can see for myself that more evidence points at his exclusion. I'm not a big Mother fan anyway.. I played Mother 2 a LONG time ago, and I'm currently playing Mother 1.

Anyway, I could do with Lucas alone. And even better if he has a Ness costume.
Hmm i see, I'm not one of the avid ness haters but i'm a huge mother supporter/I Want claus in more, However ness is better then nothing.

You mean his journals? If you mean the polls the "Offical" Info for it hasn't released, King dedede and Geno placed with 5 Entries then Claus Krystal Ridley Diddy kong and Ike all placed with four entries, Takamaru Olimar and Tom nook following behind with 3 Entries and then a bunch of REALLY Random characters with 2 Entries then nonefor one, Claus also ranked very well on the offical polls.

I'd say an ALT Isn't such a bad idea either, As for the reasons it's really the way you look at it since i've studied claus and ness's situation a LOT :p (Well maybe not that much.) Have fun with mother 1...I Beat Mother 2 around last year.

Or lucas claus and then ness costume, Many options :laugh::).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ahh not bad. :D I must've missed Claus in the journal. XD Since I don't quite follow Mother, it's no wonder I missed him.

A fellow Mother fan tells me 1st is the best, then the 3rd (Cause he says it's cool but depressing), and finally Mother 2 which is the worst. :p

If Claus makes it in, I have the perfect theme song for him. "The Man Behind the Mask" by Alice Cooper. :D Not a bad song at all. (Just a useless little hobby I have of finding a theme song for any SSB character)

Oh, and to stay on topic, I'd say Ness/Lucas's theme song would be Metallica's Ride the Lightning (reference to PK Thunder, lol) I was originally planning on making a Ness combo video with that song. I guess I could still use it on Lucas if he doesn't return.

I have mixed feelings about Ness's return... :S I can't make up my mind, really.. So I'll settle for an Alt. Costume.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Ahh not bad. :D I must've missed Claus in the journal. XD Since I don't quite follow Mother, it's no wonder I missed him.

A fellow Mother fan tells me 1st is the best, then the 3rd (Cause he says it's cool but depressing), and finally Mother 2 which is the worst. :p

If Claus makes it in, I have the perfect theme song for him. "The Man Behind the Mask" by Alice Cooper. :D Not a bad song at all. (Just a useless little hobby I have of finding a theme song for any SSB character)

Oh, and to stay on topic, I'd say Ness/Lucas's theme song would be Metallica's Ride the Lightning (reference to PK Thunder, lol) I was originally planning on making a Ness combo video with that song. I guess I could still use it on Lucas if he doesn't return.

I have mixed feelings about Ness's return... :S I can't make up my mind, really.. So I'll settle for an Alt. Costume.
Oh i see, Hmm i'd personally say from what i've seen that the 3rd seems like the best, Nice song for that :D.

Well if ness does return the battle of the mother mascots in brawl is on :laugh:.(Or lucas VS Claus O.O.) So what's the current talk on ness here anyways? It seems less active today...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oh i see, Hmm i'd personally say from what i've seen that the 3rd seems like the best, Nice song for that :D.

Well if ness does return the battle of the mother mascots in brawl is on :laugh:.(Or lucas VS Claus O.O.) So what's the current talk on ness here anyways? It seems less active today...
"Could he have surpassed Ness?" .. I think it could've been awesome to find out in a match between the two. But comparing Lucas' moveset to Ness' Melee moveset is also a way of doing this.

Well, that was just one friend of mine's testimony. But people in general like Mother 3 best. Wonder if Lucas' inclusion would make NOA bring Mother 3 to this side of the world, just like they did with Fire Emblem.

I think people here were still discussing about yesterday's flaming... so I guess I might leave before the flames rise again. ^^;

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I expect to see someone say "becuz Lucas got something cooler and upgraded version of the ness guy"

on a serious note: I think they are reserving Ness' moves for........ :ness:

:cool:

xD That's what I was thinking. I mean, Sakurai said Lucas's combat style is different or his standard moves are different. So if he was replacing him, wouldn't he just basically be exactly like Ness?

Agosta44

Smash Ace
And you expect people to not flame you when you're clearly begging for it with posts like this? You have got to be kidding.
What do you expect, its the Internet *see sig*

So yeah anyway, if Ness isn't dropped, let's all hope he's usable again, kinda like how they fixed Yoshi

Agosta44

Smash Ace
If I understand where your coming from exactly, couldn't they just beef up PK Flash by instead of the opponent freezing they could just get paralyzed? o.o
That might make the move broken if it caused paralysis. Maybebif it charged faster or did more damage at a lower charge time, I would consider it a huge improvement

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think PK Freeze will have the exact same impact that the Freezies have.

You know.. those Freezies launch you to the air while frozen? Sometimes you can even KO your opponents with the freezies? I think that's how PK Freeze will work. I mean, just like PK Flash, except it FREEZES your opponent as well (thus making PK Freeze actually worth using).

I always used the PK Flash for edgeguarding. I hope Freeze can still be used as such. :p

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I really hope Ness makes it back in. This is because Ness, I know him because I'm in America. I don't know Lucas because he never went out of Japan, so it wouldn't be fair if Lucas replaced Ness.
I like PK Flash a lot more than PK Freeze, the PK whatever it is you wanted to call it, I loved that move a lot more than Paula's freeze spell (is that the same as Lucas' power?) because it looked so cool being green and all. I'd rather have a super high damaging AOE move that shot the enemy far away than a PK freeze move which doesn't do as much damage, even if it stuns them.

I think Lucas and Ness are different enough, and I don't think Lucas used a baseball bat did he?

Top Bottom