• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

Agosta44

Smash Ace
...What?

Did you accidentally make a terrible post?

Black Shadow - A clone in Melee is REALLY relevant. The moveset already exists, and you want to say that there's no point in reusing it if we were to have clones?

Oh? They're out? Yeah, I must have missed the memo.

Who cares if he's already a clone? They can still use hxim.

Eliwood is Roy's father, who has red hair. AKA, replaces Roy.

Funky Kong is not that physically different. He's about the same size.

Rosalina is the princess in Mario Galaxy.

Krystal has almost been spelled out confirmed over the net, so 4 starfox reps? No.

Black Shadow wouldnt be a clone, plain and simple.

Sakurai also stated that some characters wouldnt be returning. Pichu is garbage, and dr m is the same thing with an Alt costume.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Wtf is with all this "up until now" BS? Google translate every other site and tell me if they say the same thing
Google translate sucks. Yes, the Japanese update says the same thing (roughly), and no, it does not mean "up to and excluding now", it means "up to this point". These people see a translation and don't seem to understand that the phrase's meaning in English =/= the phrase's meaning in Nihongo. And even if it did, contextually speaking, the update doesn't deconfirm Ness, it points out he appeared in the previous games.

Whatever, live and let live, imo.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
It wasn't copied and pasted, unless it was my mind from which is was copied from. Nice logic btw, I'm sure someone who doesn't know a thing about Smash Forums, would know about the people who post there. Really nice

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Ueah I agree Zen.

Oh and Meta, wanna bring up the tier list? *points to gimpy* Tell him Bowser sucks, go ahead.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Google translate sucks. Yes, the Japanese update says the same thing (roughly), and no, it does not mean "up to and excluding now", it means "up to this point". These people see a translation and don't seem to understand that the phrase's meaning in English =/= the phrase's meaning in Nihongo. And even if it did, contextually speaking, the update doesn't deconfirm Ness, it points out he appeared in the previous games.

Whatever, live and let live, imo.
I can never tell if your supporting Ness or bashing him. xD

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
You're trying to make yourself look like an a**hole aren't you? ;)
No, but who cares what others think about me?
*facepalm* I leave gamefaqs, and I'm met with this.
Welcome to Smash Forums newb
Supporting. What kind of doofus goes to a Ness support thread and bashes? Isn't that a giant waste of effort/time?

:lick:
A waste of time? You mean like supporting someone who isn't in the game anymore?

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
wow, meta....your kinda jumping to conclusions. and please stop hating on everyone who wants/believes he will return. there has been NO update that has CLEARLY said Ness is out. i won't beleive it either until we see every character in the game.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Wow meta, Im the noob? Maybe to this site, but your the ignorant one in this topic. I would suggest you leave before you say anything else stupid.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
wow, meta....your kinda jumping to conclusions. and please stop hating on everyone who wants/believes he will return. there has been NO update that has CLEARLY said Ness is out. i won't beleive it either until we see every character in the game.
I'm not jumping to conclusions and I doubt that Sakurai will actually come out with an update and clearly state things that won't be in the game. That's obvious. If he deconfirms something it will most likely be subtle like "Up Until Now"
Wow meta, Im the noob? Maybe to this site, but your the ignorant one in this topic. I would suggest you leave before you say anything else stupid.
Something stupid like your post?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Even though evidence points at his exclusion... something doesn't feel right here...

Ness had the most hillarious entrance in SSB. With the intros back, I just can't picture not having Ness's intro anymore. I know it's a bad example.. But still, his physical abilities are completely different.

The only thing that puts me more on the exclusion side is that both Ness and Lucas' moves were taken from other characters... Why would they do this TWICE? It's clear Lucas could have gotten a moveset true to himself, but why take over Ness' if he had borrowed moves in the first place?

(Ness >- Paula, Lucas >- Kumatora)

Thing is, I would like to see Ness back. The more the merrier. And I still want to see Ness and Mike duke it out... Ace batter vs Ace pitcher. :D

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I'm not jumping to conclusions and I doubt that Sakurai will actually come out with an update and clearly state things that won't be in the game. That's obvious. If he deconfirms something it will most likely be subtle like "Up Until Now"

Something stupid like your post?[/Q ]

Woah, great rebuttle. What's next, a "your mom"?

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
what i mean by clearly is when (if) we see the entire roster and theres no Ness, or if by some chance we get another crappy udate along the lines of "characters that won't be returning"
(the last one was a joke, if anyone can't already tell)

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
what i mean by clearly is when (if) we see the entire roster and theres no Ness, or if by some chance we get another crappy udate along the lines of "characters that won't be returning"
Yup. I would think he would just come out and say that Lucas has replaced him. I'm thinking he's keeping it as a surprise. :)

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Your clearly trying to make yourself look like something, or else you still wouldn't be here. You say Ness supporters are pathetic? Well I'd say people who won't stop being a douche to those supporters and are constantly pesterting them are just as pathetic. :p
I never said Ness supporters were pathetic, although some of them do lack logic. And if your trying to hurt my feelings, it's not working :)

Something stupid like your post?[/Q ]

Woah, great rebuttle. What's next, a "your mom"?
As if your little comment was the "Greatest of All Time", whatever
what i mean by clearly is if (when) we see the entire roster and theres no Ness, or if by some chance we get another crappy udate along the lines of "characters that won't be returning"
I doubt we'll get an update like that, but after seeing today's update, I'm starting to change my mind.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Please stop bashing us. Go to other threads to put that crap in. And stop bashing DueceBlade. He has a sense of logic. His counter arguments do not involve poems.
Also Zenigame, can I post your sig on the opening page? I like it.

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
I have a theory.

The confirmed veterans were all starters. The unlockables are nowhere to be found (Ness and C.Falcon were unlockable in SSB64). Sakuri wants us to speculate with Lucas "replacing" Ness. You can't just drop one of the original 12 like he's Pichu.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Please stop bashing us. Go to other threads to put that crap in. And stop bashing DueceBlade. He has a sense of logic. His counter arguments do not involve poems.
I can post here if I want, just as supporters posted in the other thread. Maybe he has logic, but he certainly doesn't show it when it concerns Ness. That poem wasn't a counter either.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'm sure he knows that and I'm sure he knows that people who have yet to hear of Smash Forums, knows no one from them. Nice logic Agosta

Top Bottom