• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Even if he's not in CoroCoro, that doesn't mean he won't be in, we don't know if he would be a starter or hidden.
Do you know if they are just showing the starting roster or the hiddens also? o.o

Thanks ALinktts. You're not as stubborn as vesperview! No offense vesp. Stuborness isn't a bad thing.

In this case, it is. xD

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
You are right, I will stay open minded to other characters, and not be biased. and he actually does double post often.. purposely.

:ness: for brawl!

:cool::cool:
DB Please do me a favor, If your going to say that at the end of every post you make (The "Ness sprite" Then "Coolcool".) PLEASE At least just put it in your signature or something, It's starting to annoy me.

@The arguement about sakurai's interest over M3:
Actually when you look it at it was more sensible to keep him around with lucas during melee then it is during brawl seeing how Lucas's popularity has token over ness's in japan and ness has little in america, Also take in mind how in an entry reply he said he wanted to include many M3 Things in brawl and that he is very interested in it, Also if i can remember right he helped create M3 :chuckle:? (Something along the lines of it.) As there are more factors playing in the situation like how sakurai has been intended to put M3 In it's place since Smash 64 and how Claus managed to get four journal entries and those with 4+ 3/7 Are playable from the get-go and krystal is likely to join the ranks, Ridley is probably going to be an unlockable and i'm not to sure on geno so it seems very likely at this point seeing how sakurai hints so much at ness out that Claus will be put in his place (Or no other second mother rep at all.)

However if we can't get claus then i'd say ness...Through i think ness fits way better as an alt.

:ness: 4 ALT :cool::cool::chuckle: (No i didn't mean this post as a troll post.)

Do you know if they are just showing the starting roster or the hiddens also? o.o

In this case, it is. xD
1. The hiddens in Melee weren't revealed until after its release.

2. Your post implied that you knew what they were going to post, because you said we would know if Ness is in or not by next week's CoroCoro.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Snitch, if you read what Sakurai wrote with the basic brawl update, you would notice that he doesnt care anymore, and seems kinda bitter about secret characters and the net.

This and the fact CoroCoro said they will be "revealing......all characters of SSBX" point that they will indeed show all characters.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
lol OK sorry. Let's talk about my favourite subject: NESS!
How do you think he could be improved from Melee? Sped up? Powered up? And still keep supporting!

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Well, Sakurai says in the update that Lucas' PK Fire "is also quite different from Ness’s." So evidently HE thinks that flying straight and having a different explosion makes it a different move. And, you know what, I'd just bet that Sakurai would be willing to consider all of those tiny differences sufficient to separate Lucas' special moves from Ness'.

But you're missing the point. It doesn't matter how similar their specials are (although they're different enough), because Lucas has all different standard moves, which means that over 80% (trust me on this, I did the math) of his moveset is unique, and therefor he can't be a clone.
He also said in that update "..who's moves are similar to Ness, up until now was a member of the Super Smash Brothers series."

You read one part, but you purposefully don't read another.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Err it seems a lot quieter, I Personally think that it's not worth all they have to go through JUST To fix ness so i think they should just put him as an ALT So lucas could be representing all the mother's, Everyone elses thoughts?

What I don't understand is why can't they just have all three representatives? What's so bad about that? Ness, Ninten, and Lucas. Is there some kind of rule that you can't have more than one Earthbound character or something? xD But...Ninten is too much like Ness I guess. I would rather have someone like Claus. :p

Agosta44

Smash Ace
*facepalm*

Ness can be easily fixed as he was broken from smash bros. After all the delays they've given us, they can do it in less than two weeks.

Also, anyone else see the Famitsu "interview" with Sakurai? Anyone know if its been confirmed?

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Indeed. Good point though. This thread is nicer without trolls.
You got to be kidding me. Falsely accusing people of flaming and trolling is called instigation. That helps them get angry, and then troll and flame everyone. Instead of that, actually try to stand up to the arguements instead of whining and calling them trolls for proving you wrong.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
What I don't understand is why can't they just have all three representatives? What's so bad about that? Ness, Ninten, and Lucas. Is there some kind of rule that you can't have more than one Earthbound character or something? xD But...Ninten is too much like Ness I guess. I would rather have someone like Claus. :p
It's not that bad but i can explain (Personally i'd love it to be Lucas Ness and Claus but that won't happen as much as i'd love it to...)

See in both Smash 64 and Melee there was also another franchise that got just the same ammount of representation as mother did (F-zero.) And since it has had more games released on the international market it's very unlikely for Mother to have 3 and F-zero to have 1 (Since it is only left with one possible represenitive in the corner;Black shadow >_<.) Also even without that franchise considering that there are limited spaces on the unlockable roster and "Other" Franchises that the representation goes to on the starting roster they would have to be moved to the unlockable line-up (Both of the kids.)

With that being said we would have about 25 Starters and 15 Unlockables on an accurate guess? We already now of 2 Who are going to be unlockables; Snake and sonic, Let's put in all the ones with a high chance now for unlockable;Megaman, Ridley, Marth, G&W, Ganondorf, Luigi, Jigglypuff, It's also very likely that we get another Mario and LOZ Rep and that mewtwo returns, We already got ourselves into 13 Unlockables at this rate and seeing how there are the "New" Franchises it's VERY Unlikely that mother get's 3 reps.

As much as i'd love it to it probably won't happen considering all the other franchises sakurai has to give support to, Probably at most we will see is 2 Mother reps :(.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
It's not that bad but i can explain (Personally i'd love it to be Lucas Ness and Claus but that won't happen as much as i'd love it to...)

See in both Smash 64 and Melee there was also another franchise that got just the same ammount of representation as mother did (F-zero.) And since it has had more games released on the international market it's very unlikely for Mother to have 3 and F-zero to have 1 (Since it is only left with one possible represenitive in the corner;Black shadow >_<.) Also even without that franchise considering that there are limited spaces on the unlockable roster and "Other" Franchises that the representation goes to on the starting roster they would have to be moved to the unlockable line-up (Both of the kids.)

With that being said we would have about 25 Starters and 15 Unlockables on an accurate guess? We already now of 2 Who are going to be unlockables; Snake and sonic, Let's put in all the ones with a high chance now for unlockable;Megaman, Ridley, Marth, G&W, Ganondorf, Luigi, Jigglypuff, It's also very likely that we get another Mario and LOZ Rep and that mewtwo returns, We already got ourselves into 13 Unlockables at this rate and seeing how there are the "New" Franchises it's VERY Unlikely that mother get's 3 reps.

As much as i'd love it to it probably won't happen considering all the other franchises sakurai has to give support to, Probably at most we will see is 2 Mother reps :(.

I see now. 'Tis a shame. I still think they should take my idea! Which is to make TWO screens of characters. There would be an arrow on the right hand side that when you click on, would bring you to the rest of the characters that wouldn't fit on the other screen. The bottom part of the screen where each players character box is would stay put so once they choose their character on either screen (or should I say rosters?) they can start choosing their color and stuff while other people choose their character, flipping through the top two screens/character rosters. Hopefully I didn't make it sound confusing. But yeah, that's just one of my ideas. :chuckle:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I see now. 'Tis a shame. I still think they should take my idea! Which is to make TWO screens of characters. There would be an arrow on the right hand side that when you click on, would bring you to the rest of the characters that wouldn't fit on the other screen. The bottom part of the screen where each players character box is would stay put so once they choose their character on either screen (or should I say rosters?) they can start choosing their color and stuff while other people choose their character, flipping through the top two screens/character rosters. Hopefully I didn't make it sound confusing. But yeah, that's just one of my ideas. :chuckle:
Unfortunantly.
Good idea....Doubt it will happen but you never know.
Another idea i originally had was have them have 40 Characters with original movesets and shove in 10 Clones which would be interesting...I Mean which ones better, 40 Characters or 40 Characters with 10 Clones? That would be A Possibility for including ness/Other clones but i doubt it will happen...

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Unfortunantly.
Good idea....Doubt it will happen but you never know.
Another idea i originally had was have them have 40 Characters with original movesets and shove in 10 Clones which would be interesting...I Mean which ones better, 40 Characters or 40 Characters with 10 Clones? That would be A Possibility for including ness/Other clones but i doubt it will happen...

xD Yeh.

But true, I don't really mind clones. (Ganondorf was a little pathetic though.) I would much rather have that also. The more characters, the better.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Here's something I wrote:

So Long Ness
When will you learn, supporters of Ness?
Your acting like annoying pest.
We all agree, Sakurai knows best.
Which is why he made the "Up Until Now" test.
He wanted to find the supporters of the nation.
Just to laugh in their face as he said "DECONFIRMATION!"
"He was supposed be replaced long ago, but there was delay"
"So I decided to deconfirm Ness today!"
"I'm sorry if I upset you all"
"But I'm afraid your young fighter won't be appearing in Brawl"
Most of the supporters received lots of mail
From the non-beleivers who only could say the words "YOU FAIL"
One upset person, was a sadden Deuceblade,
Who sat away from the others, alone in the shade.
He wept and couldn't lift up his head
He still beleive in Ness as he posted in the thread
"Ness for Brawl! I got to beleive!"
"Why would we be the ones that Sakurai chose to decieve?"
Ness still had a chance, he continued to boast
But with the lack of logic, his arguments were toast
"Ness deconfirmed? This can't be true!"
Not according to the words of young vesperview.
He pointed out the reasons against Ness's return
Despite all of the points, Deuceblade still never learned
He tried to counter, but his logic was no good
He attempted to do anything that he could
He posted "Ness for Brawl" times and times again
While others spent their time to put it to an end.
It still goes on, but the support is dead
Their were no good arguments, in their head
So overall we all know one fact
That young Ness won't be coming back.
:chuckle:

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I don't care. It's not that hard of work considering I can make another one up in about 1-2 minutes. It's just that people still can't get over Ness's deconfirmation

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Ness- this one made me laugh
Black Shadow- wouldnt be a clone, already had a clone
Pichu- already out
Dr. Mario- out
Falco- still a clone
Eliwood- of who? Marth? Already got one
Wolf O' Donnell- LOL, let's just have 10 clones of fox and no one else
Funky Kong- decent, but too different to be a DK clone
Rosalina- who?
Dixie Kong- Only good one

Shoulda said GOOD clones...

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
I see the first post asking for a banner sig. Here is one I quickly whipped up.

It includes his "deconfirmation" (:laugh:) and everything.

...What?

Did you accidentally make a terrible post?

Black Shadow - A clone in Melee is REALLY relevant. The moveset already exists, and you want to say that there's no point in reusing it if we were to have clones?

Oh? They're out? Yeah, I must have missed the memo.

Who cares if he's already a clone? They can still use hxim.

Eliwood is Roy's father, who has red hair. AKA, replaces Roy.

Funky Kong is not that physically different. He's about the same size.

Rosalina is the princess in Mario Galaxy.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I see the first post asking for a banner sig. Here is one I quickly whipped up.

It includes his "deconfirmation" (:laugh:) and everything.

Wtf is with all this "up until now" BS? Google translate every other site and tell me if they say the same thing

Top Bottom