• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
sure thing.
As for the taunts discussion, how about this. His down taunt can be the same head nod, his side taunts can be his swing of the bat after you win a match with him, and the up taunt would be he'd take the yoyo do the around the world trick, and as it goes around the erathbound symbol would appear behind of him and he'd put up the peace sign.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Including Ness is a smart choice... this way, Sakurai would include a fairly popular character, and spend less time to create it (being a semi-clone). Not to mention nostalgia factor and broader rapresentation of the Mother franchise. I don't see Sakurai changing his moves much though, maybe one special... (if I know Sakurai well.)
Either way, add me to the list.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Including Ness is a smart choice... this way, Sakurai would include a fairly popular character, and spend less time to create it (being a semi-clone). Not to mention nostalgia factor and broader rapresentation of the Mother franchise. I don't see Sakurai changing his moves much though, maybe one special... (if I know Sakurai well.)
Either way, count me in.
I'd rather him add a new and unique character, not have a clone or semi-clone of one. Someone like Claus, b/c he actually has a better chance.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master

I guess, you don't support Luigi then.

And how is that?
1. There's no sign of Luigi, and no telling of whether he will have the same moves, don't see where you are going with this
2. Claus received the same number of request as Lucas on the polls and also has some journal entries about him. Claus is more popular and Mother 3 is taking precedence in Brawl. This should be obvious.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
So, Sakurai said he didn't just want the Popular one.
Anyways, have you played MOTHER 3?
But it is obvious that the odds are against Ness. Maybe Sakurai said that, but that doesn't mean he won't add another popular character. No, I'm not going to lie to you and say I've played Mother 3 when I haven't, but I do know a lot about it.

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
But it is obvious that the odds are against Ness.
I agree that Ness' chances are slightly lowered, but I doubt he's 100% out.

No, I'm not going to lie to you and say I've played Mother 3 when I haven't, but I do know a lot about it.

So you're relying on the MOTHER 3 translation guide alone or Wikipedia? That's not good. If I were you I would go import MOTHER 3. Off-topic-question again: Have you played MOTHER 2?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Dalam was were you find Poo right? that was that desert area, it could be a nice stage, cuz I havent seen any desert in braw, it could have quicksands and sandstorms as stage hazards

Jones4Life

Smash Apprentice
In the space between you're oven and fridge
i agree that ness will be in brawl. some people are speculating him and captain falcon are gone, along with G&W. but i see a pattern here. it is speculated that people like Gannondorf, Captain Falcon, Marth, Roy, Falco, Ness, and Mr. Game&Watch are gone. However, ALL of these speculated characters were always/originally unlockables! IMHO, i think they will be unlockable again, and sakuri clearly wouldn't give us all the unlockables on dojo.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Can't say I'd be annoyed if he did come back, but there are more Mother 3 characters to be honest that I'd rather see. Kumatora for example would be a better addition, she's female, breaks the usual mold of Nintendo females (Damsels in distress, don't deny it) and a mix of PSI and hand to hand combat would be cool. Claus would be unique too as he could use elemental as well as physical and PSI attacks, plus, ok he looks badass too, lol. So call me cheap. Ness however would just be Lucas with a hat and different B attack.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
i agree that ness will be in brawl. some people are speculating him and captain falcon are gone, along with G&W. but i see a pattern here. it is speculated that people like Gannondorf, Captain Falcon, Marth, Roy, Falco, Ness, and Mr. Game&Watch are gone. However, ALL of these speculated characters were always/originally unlockables! IMHO, i think they will be unlockable again, and sakuri clearly wouldn't give us all the unlockables on dojo.

Don't forget Luigi! :chuckle:

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Why only represent one game in the series?
You mean like they did in the first two games? And other franchises are focusing on particular games in their series (namely Zelda and it's large focus on TP), so it wouldn't surprise me if Mother 3 was the sole focus this time, especially seeing how everything mother related is either from mother 3 or has appeared in all 3 games.

And it's not like there aren't other ways to rep Earthbound besides having a playable character.

Top Bottom