• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Wanted Newcomer List for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Will there even be a SSB4?

Anyway if so:

Meowth
Geno
Paper Mario
Toad
AC Dude
Female FE rep

I actually like the idea of Kamek. His/her/potato's final smash could be summoning an enemy from Mario or Yoshi and growing it like in Yoshi's island.

EDIT: Oh, only three? OK, ummm......

-Toad
-Animal Crosser
-Meowth

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
Megaman (He should be in SSB4 (if there is one), as he has made an impact with the Original Megaman and Megaman X games on the NES and SNES, he'd be a great candidate for the next game.)
A Metroid Character (I think that Ridley could end up getting the screwjob again and be a SSE (adventure mode) boss again. It seems like someone like Sylux or even Dark Samus could end up getting the PC position.)
little Mac (He'd fit the retro character of SSB4. Ice Climbers came in Melee, Pit came in Brawl, so it seems that the next popular retro character, Mac, is next in line. Plus, considering he was an AT and had Punchout music split into two parts in the NES medley, he would be the best option. Then again, I would mind Takamaru stealing the spot, but with him being a japaneese-only character...)

I would've put Krystal, but due to three starfox characters being in Brawl, and since it looks like they'll be used by many people, I doubt any of them will get cut, and adding a fourth character to SSB4 when the Mario, LOZ and pokemon franchises only had 4 reps each in Brawl wouldn't be wise, since Starfox doesn't have the same popularity level than those franchises.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
Isaac, Claus, Majoras Mask( Majoras wrath)

Majoras Mask has 3 forms but he his first form could be used for his b-up ( when he spins around the room like a disk) his second form doesnt need to be shown but they could give him those energy ball barrage that Majoras Incarnation gets.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
1)Krystal (Deserved a place in brawl alot more than Falco did, a new starfox game will flush out her character and therefore is a shoe in for the next game)

2)K.Rool (Not suprised that he didn't make it as the DK series already had Diddy. The idea of a heavy projectile user is a good one and I do think he'll make an appearance)

3)Bowser.jr (Becoming a major character in galaxy, B.jr has alot of moveset potential and is probably the most important mario series character not represented in brawl. A shoe in for the next game

4)Female trainer AKA Pokemon Rival
Mudkip
Grovyle
Blaziken (Blaziken would make a great character but alone doesn't deserve a spot. With mudkip (who apparently some people quite like) and grovyle and Blaziken interchangeable, Pokemon rival would be an excellent addition)

5)Robotnik (Some people want knuckles, some want tails and some even want shadow *shudder* But Robotnik has been in every single sonic game to date in one form or another, and is just as recognizeable as the blue hedgehog himself. He has the moveset potential, stage potential and would be another playable villian. If Sonic gets another rep, It''ll be Robotnik.)

Ok, just saw the "only 3 rule" so

Krystal
K.rool
Bowser.Jr

Wreked

Smash Lord
1. Midna with wolf link. I would be so happy if they got rid of toon link/young link and gave us a link that wasn't a semi-clone and has a unique moveset.
2. Ridley. Look at the Ridley first post and see why.
3. Megaman. Haven't played too many of his games but he is the most deserving third party character that they should even think about putting in the game.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to spoil the fun, but why are you people talking about the fourth SSB game already?

We have just barely gotten the third game, and really mean Barely. It's only out in japan now. We have an entire game to play through and master before we think of whats ahead another half decade from now.

...and why are we even doing one of these threads? It may be fun, but it doesn't start any form of intelligent discussion at all. It's just everyone spamming with whatever obscure or out of place charictor they wanted. ._.

zakdotjay

Smash Rookie
I've never posted before, but I just wanted to add my triple wish to the list.

Ridley (Metroid)
Megaman (Megaman)
Hector (Fire Emblem)

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Megaman (I just think he would have been a good adition. )
Midna (She would have been an excellent addition to Brawl, plus, we need more female brawlers.)
Black Knight (We also need more villains, and a trophy of him just isn't cutting it..)

The-Judge

Banned via Administration
You forgot that I wanted Pichu back.

I want all the lost characs back:
Pichu
Roy
Mewtwo
Dr. Mario

And all the most wished for characters:
Geno
Megaman
Krystal

And the characters know through scamming:
Bowser Jr
Ridley
Tales
Toad

It would feel complete with these characters.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Hurrrrr, alright, I've decided.

- Animal Crosser
- Ridley
- Mask Link [Legend of Zelda] ( I derived this character from Majora's Mask, and how I imagined it would work is similar to PT. The player can switch bewtween the Zora, Goron, and Deku mask and their forms, and has different movesets for their respective masks.)

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Colette (Tales of Symphonia)
Hero (Dragon Quest series)
Daisy (Mario series)

Notes:

-The DQ Hero could be from any of the seven DQs on Nintendo systems. (They're always nameless; I'm not calling them "Hero" for nothing.) But mostly I'd prefer a DQ hero from one of the games with selectable genders, so that that could carry over to SSB4 as well with alternate costumes. Right now it's always the girls who get the magic and the guys who get the swords; it'd be nice to have a character who combines all of these aspects.

-Daisy should wear her clothes from one of the sports games (Hoops, Strikers, etc.) and use a moveset based on the Mario spinoffs. Throw baseballs and basketballs, run over stuff in a kart similar to Wario's motorcycle, hit projectiles back with a bat, use lots of kicks to play off her Strikers skills, etc. I'm torn between whether her final smash should come from Strikers or use the Super Mario Land plane as a throwback to where she came from. Whatever the case, the point is to not make her a clone of Peach, or anything like Peach at all. Not even looks-wise. Do not use her yellow dress, unless it's an alternate like Wario's yellow and purple clothes.

-For Colette, Angel Feathers as a neutral special (aimed like Din's Fire or Pit's arrows), Ray Thrust as a side special, Para Ball as a down special, up special should be a lot like Pit's. Five jumps. Ring Whirlwind as a forward smash, Item Thief as a down smash (some lag to start and lots to finish, but loads of damage and knockback when it hits), Pow Hammer as an up smash. Other than that, just translate her Symphonia moves into a Smash setting.

Atsu

Smash Ace
They sorta combined Daisy and Peach I think. Since Peach had an outfit that made her look like Daisy in SSBM. Not sure about SSBB though.

I mainly want to see:

• Issac (Golden Sun)
  • Felix (Golden Sun)
  • Lyn (Fire Emblem)
  • Tails (Sonic)
  • Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
  • Any of the main characters in Tales of Symphonia

Golden Sun just rocks. Fire Emblem is already in and Lyn would be an awesome addition. Tails and Dr. Eggman would buddy up with Sonic. Then Tales of Symphonia rocks, so I wouldn't mind seeing any or all of the characters in. They would give a ton of nice bosses.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Mask Link

I'm bored, so I'm going to go through most of the moves for my invented character, Mask Link. Bite me. :p

XXXMask LinkXXX

Uses masks to transform from one form to another.

Order of Masks= Deku>Goron>Zora>Repeat

All B-downs change masks, so I won’t include it in the description for each char.

XXXDeku LinkXXX

Jumps: 3
Glide: Yes (using flowers)
Run Speed: Fast

Standard A moves- Use kicks, punches, and hat to attack.

Neutral B- Charges up a bubble attack. Can move around while charging, though you move slightly slower if you do. If held for too long, will burst. The more charged it is, the longer it will go (and the more powerful it will be, obviously) Travels in a spinny pattern, akin to Mewtwo's standard B.

Side B- Performs a side-spin. The tip of his hat is where the most damage is dealt.

Up B- A flower appears, and Deku Link is launched into the air out of it. He then uses two spinning flowers to slow his fall, allowing him to glide. Enemy is damaged by this attack if they either get hit by Deku Link while he is blasted into the air, or hit by the spinning flowers.

XXXGoron LinkXXX

Jumps: 2
Glide: No
Run Speed: Slow

Standard A moves- Mainly punching, with some full body attacks.

Standard B- Pulls out big bomb. (Lol, I can't remember the exact name) There can only be two bombs on the field at a time. Bomb will explode after 5 seconds of pulling it out, or someone hitting it/getting hit by it. Bombs can roll.

Side B- Performs a spiked rolling attack. Cannot change direction. Extremely fast. Stops when it hits a wall.

Up B- Rolls up into a ball and bounces upwards, then comes crashing down and does splash damage to anything around it. Recovery moves.

XXXZora LinkXXX

Jumps: 2
Glide: No
Run Speed: Above average

Standard A moves- Uses fins and kicks mostly

Standard B -Electrical barrier comes around him for a second or two. (about the same time as Zelda's B) If the other player is too close, they may get paralyzed. If used in water, anyone touching the water will be paralyzed and take damage.

Side B- Throws two fins as boomerangs. They will go in a straight line, then curve upwards and come diagonally when they return.

Up B-(this one was tough :dizzy: ) Zora link bends down and spins up into the air, with water pushing him from the back. You can direct the trajectory of his attack by pushing in the direction you want it to go.

XXXFinal SmashXXX

When Deku Link, Zora Link, or Goron Link gets the smash ball, they put on the Fierce Deity mask and transform into Fierce Deity Link. For a period of time, Mask Link will be able to use FDL's attacks. All his A moves do sword slashes, and his B moves send out a blast of energy, depending on the direction you hold while using it. He has two jumps and no recovery. He is invincible in this form.

Azamgi

Smash Rookie
I would like to see:

Tingle
Tom Nook
Balloon Fighter

Yup! Those guys are awesome!

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
hmm, I don't count anything past DKC 3 that she has been in as canon, and really she hasn't been in a canon DK game since then.

too bad North America doesn't mean **** to Nintendo (at least compared to smaller japan, they are a very japan centric company)

I weary of all the people saying, you don't know this game will come, or you don't know this roster will happen. of course! it hasn't been officially announced.

to you I will say this, it has not been officially denied, so you are just as much speculating as anyone else. It doesn't have to be about whining man, you just ant to make it about that so you can talk down to people but accept the fact that I don't care if none of these characters are in brawl, I really don't but I am excited about polling the community over a long period of time, I think it's good for the community, and good for nintendo, what are your legitimate reasons opposing it? besides "I'm elite so my ideas are more important than yours"

a petition might work, but online petitions are notorious for having little to no impact, it would be more likely if they put out a poll themselves, one thing that users need to be aware of is that nintendo will send out emails to owners of the game so sign up for a nintendo.com account and register Smash Bros Brawl there when you get it because they will ask you questions like if you would like anotehr game etc.

also Sakurai was a freelancer for this project too, it started before Brawl, not after it, so he could likely do it again, Nintendo has outsourced many of it's key franchises like Starfox Assault or F- Zero GX for example.

Smash Bros Brawl is out, just not in the states. You are right, it is soon, but the sooner the better to get the widest array of input for users, we may not see another smash bros for another 6 to 10 years, but development will start in another 4 to 6 years, so we need to get the ball rolling you know?
Thank you, I agree with most of what you said.

I've updated the list, keep it up guys.

SukaponRocks

Smash Rookie
Here are my thoughts!

Okay, I am new to these forums, but here is a list of the characters i THINK will be in SSB4, not want, THINK! Ones with asterisks are newcomers! And also, I don't think that all of them will be newcomers at one time, I just think these characters are most likely to be newcomers!

Super Mario Bros,

-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
*-Toad

Yoshi's Island

-Yoshi

Donkey Kong Country

-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
*-K. Rool

F-Zero

-Captain Falcon

Star Fox

-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf
*-Krystal

Mother

-Ness
-Lucas

Ice Climbers

-Ice Climbers

Kirby's Adventure

-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

Metroid

-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus
*-Ridley

Legend of Zelda

-Link
-Zelda
-Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link

Pokemon

-Pikachu
-Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
-Lucario
-Jigglypuff
*-Mewtwo (He's the one I have doubts on the most, but who knows? Sakurai could see that fans loved him, and give him more power than before!!!)

Game_And_Watch

-Mr. Game-And-Watch

Fire Emblem

-Marth
-Ike

Kid Icarus

-Pit

WarioWare

-Wario

Pikmin

-Captain Olimar

Gyromite/Stack-Up

-ROB

Metal Gear Solid

-Snake

Sonic the Hedgehog

-Sonic
*-Tails

Denetsu no Stafy

*-Stafy

Punch-Out!

*-Little Mac

Custom Robo

*-Ray 01

Golden Sun

*-Isaac

Drill Dozer

*-Jill

Mole Mania

*-Muddy Mole

Clu Clu Land

*-Bubbles

Advance Wars

*-Andy

Balloon Fight

*-Balloon Fighter

Panel de Pon

*-Lip

Chibi-Robo!

*-Chibi-Robo

Duck Hunt

*-Laughing Dog

Nazo no Murasamejou

*-Takamaru

Joy Mech Fight

*-Sukapon

Elite Beat Agents

*-Agent J

Odama

*-General Sagetora (I threw this guy in as a tester, to see if he actually makes it!)

Animal Crossing

*-Tom Nook (I hope so, Sakurai might not understand his potential:(!

Star Tropics

*-Mike Jones

Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth

*-Saki Amamiya

Gumshoe

*-Mr. Stevenson (Tesing)

Shin Oni Ga Shima

*-Donbe

Mischief Makers

*-Marina (Possibly)

That adds up to 28 newcomers if Sakurai adds them all. Shortened to my top 15, it would look like this! NOTE: They are in random order!

1-Ridley
2-Mewtwo
3-Toad
4-K. Rool
5-Krystal
6-Isaac
7-Tails
8-Sukapon
9-Takamaru
10-Agent J
11-Chibi-Robo
12-Laughing Dog
13-Balloon Fighter
14-Bubbles
15-Little Mac

NOTE: Those aren't the top 15 I want, they are the Top 15 I think might be newcomers the most!

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
No one yell at me, but didn't Sakurai (and Iwata, and others) heavily hint that Brawl was going to be the last game in the Supersmash Bros series?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No one yell at me, but didn't Sakurai (and Iwata, and others) heavily hint that Brawl was going to be the last game in the Supersmash Bros series?
It's the last one Sakurai's directing but with Brawl already selling a million copies, you'd have to be borderline ******** to believe that Nintendo's going to completely drop the series. The fact that it's a once per generation thing puts even less on those developing it because it's not like they have to crank them out constantly like Mario and Sonic games.

Smash Ace
hmmm... okay I'll bite. my top 3 characters.

Newcomers:
3. Micaiah

Veterans:
1. Dr. Mario
2. Roy

the numbers indicate the order.
cincidetall, those are/were the only 3 characters I wanted for Brawl. any others aer just not worth the time...

=2007=

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man
Sohitia Alexandra (Soul Calibur)
Carrie Fernandez (Castlevania)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom