• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Wanted Newcomer List for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It's the last one Sakurai's directing but with Brawl already selling a million copies, you'd have to be borderline ******** to believe that Nintendo's going to completely drop the series. The fact that it's a once per generation thing puts even less on those developing it because it's not like they have to crank them out constantly like Mario and Sonic games.
It may be the last one Sakurai's directing for now, but I dunno if it's forever. They roped him in for this one--and thank goodness they did! I don't see any reason for them not to try it again next generation.

Also, the top vote-getters so far:

* Ridley (Metroid)
* Krystal (Star Fox)
* King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
* Geno (Mario)
* Isaac (Golden Sun)
* Megaman (Megaman NES Series)
* Midna (Legend of Zelda)
* Mewtwo (Pokemon)
* Claus / Masked Man (MOTHER)

Throw in one or two more random characters (Sukapon / Takamaru and an Animal Crossing representative) and that could very well be our roster for the next Smash game.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
hmmm... okay I'll bite. my top 3 characters.

Newcomers:
3. Micaiah

Veterans:
1. Dr. Mario
2. Roy

the numbers indicate the order.
cincidetall, those are/were the only 3 characters I wanted for Brawl. any others aer just not worth the time...

=2007=
I've never understood why people want Dr. Mario back.

Dr. Mario = Mario

metaknightrules

Smash Rookie
Ok, all the characters I'd like to see:
Animal Crosser (Animal Crossing)
Nolan (Fire Emblem)
Bowser JR. (Mario)
Megaman (Megaman)
Ray 01/MKII/MKIII (Custom Robo)
Presea (Tales of Symphonia)
Sothe (Fire Emblem)

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I really wish I had voted for Paula now...

Someone vote for Paula please!!
I'll vote for Paula. I doubt she'd win and probably Claus would come before her but she'd be really cool to have as a 3rd MOTHER character.

1. Paula
2. Ridley
3. Micaiah

Lantz

Smash Apprentice
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Meowth (Pokemon)
Leon (Starfox)

Man, it was so hard to make that list. Hard deciding between those guys along with Ridley, Waluigi and Little Mac.

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
I was going to do the same thing around when ssb4 will come out, but you beat me to it. Anyway put me down for
1.Micaiah
2.Mia
3.Andy

I pretty sure ridley and Isaac will be playable in the next game so I voted for the 2 fire emblem chicks because super smash bros needs more females and Mia is my favorite character. Andy because Advance Wars needs representation it is a popular nintendo franchise, which leads me to the question "Why wasn't there a playable advance wars rep in brawl?"

OfficeManiac070

Smash Cadet
here is my list for most wanted newcomers:

1. King K.Rool
2. Ridley
3. Peppy
4. Isaac
5. Bowser Jr.
6. Megaman
7. Simon Belmont

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
I was going to do the same thing around when ssb4 will come out, but you beat me to it. Anyway put me down for
1.Micaiah
2.Mia
3.Andy

I pretty sure ridley and Isaac will be playable in the next game so I voted for the 2 fire emblem chicks because super smash bros needs more females and Mia is my favorite character. Andy because Advance Wars needs representation it is a popular nintendo franchise, which leads me to the question "Why wasn't there a playable advance wars rep in brawl?"

Ah double post stupid computer.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Thanks PrettyGoodYear. I really like that picture. It seems too bloody though for little kids who may play Earthbound but I always like Paula because she seems like she could have had a much better story being very spiritual and all with her prayer. I'd think she'd be perfect as a female character for SSB4 because we need more females right?

I wonder who made that picture. Starmen.net has a lot of good MOTHER2 fanfics and fan-pictures some of them are top quality.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Thanks PrettyGoodYear. I really like that picture. It seems too bloody though for little kids who may play Earthbound but I always like Paula because she seems like she could have had a much better story being very spiritual and all with her prayer. I'd think she'd be perfect as a female character for SSB4 because we need more females right?

I wonder who made that picture. Starmen.net has a lot of good MOTHER2 fanfics and fan-pictures some of them are top quality.
I took it so long ago... I just happened to re-upload it to post it here, in the "Where's my MOTHER" thread.

Rei Bread

Smash Rookie
Krystal
NiGHTS
Kat and Ana

Adding NiGHTS to a Smash Bros. game would be very interesting and could work out. With the ability for characters to now flutter and glide, Nights could soar around and be a very unique newcomer, hopefully getting some more notice as it deserves.
kat and Ana would be a nice duo, but I'm almost positive they would turn out to be Ice Climber clones. Maybe their speed would be increased and their attacks different, but two character working side-by-side will always remind us of the Ice Climbers. I think it would be neat to see a plusle and minun team in SSB4, simply because their strategies and attacks would be much different then the ice climbers. (can you tell that I like the duo teams yet?~) They would just have to be careful not to make them another Pikachu Clone.

these are just my thoughts, Im sure my phrases are flawed, so apologies.

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
honestly...this is a slap to the face for the makers of brawl. you seriously already ask for a character speculation for the next smash when brawl is NOT EVEN RELEASED IN THE UNITED STATES YET?!?!?!? melee lasted for about 7 years. how long do you expect this game to last? this thread is pointless. nintendo clearly wont give two ****s about what you have to say because your greedy *** is all ready asking for another game.

heres a tip : stop dreaming about smash characters and get good at the game.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ridley (metroid)
Mewtwo (pokemon)
And Tingle (legend of zelda) for the epic lulz.

FreeLance_FoX

Smash Rookie
Well first off I can't believe more people haven't voted for Banjo & Kazooie!!! Cmon guys! He's a classic character, and more likely to be included with B&K3 coming out (Microsoft would be more likely to release the rights for Rare if it can advertise their upcoming game).

Next I know it's kind-of a bandwagon idea, but I REALLY think Krystal would be fantastic in SSB. She would have an amazingly unique moveset, for sure.

Finally, this is a tough one. I've always liked Ridley, but he's kind-of a bandwagon and he already has enough votes. I've also always wanted Roy, but he's not likely to come back with all these new FE characters we have. So I think that we need to upgrade Samurai Goroh from AT to playable character so that we can have another F-Zero rep that we desperately need.

[ My next choice would have probably been Isaac, but oh well. >_> ]

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well first off I can't believe more people haven't voted for Banjo & Kazooie!!! Cmon guys! He's a classic character, and more likely to be included with B&K3 coming out (Microsoft would be more likely to release the rights for Rare if it can advertise their upcoming game).

Next I know it's kind-of a bandwagon idea, but I REALLY think Krystal would be fantastic in SSB. She would have an amazingly unique moveset, for sure.

Finally, this is a tough one. I've always liked Ridley, but he's kind-of a bandwagon and he already has enough votes. I've also always wanted Roy, but he's not likely to come back with all these new FE characters we have. So I think that we need to upgrade Samurai Goroh from AT to playable character so that we can have another F-Zero rep that we desperately need.

[ My next choice would have probably been Isaac, but oh well. >_> ]
HA! banjo kazooie is owned by microsoft, banjo has as much chance as master chief...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
w00t, Ridley's kicking *** with the most votes, but lyn is beating black knight! plus sukapon, mii, Ray 01, and claus need more votes. (come on people!)

Gerrin

Smash Rookie
I'm all for Issac, Ridley, or Ephraim (FE 8). I also think that Sabin Rene Figaro or Robo from Chrono Trigger would be nice.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
honestly...this is a slap to the face for the makers of brawl. you seriously already ask for a character speculation for the next smash when brawl is NOT EVEN RELEASED IN THE UNITED STATES YET?!?!?!? melee lasted for about 7 years. how long do you expect this game to last? this thread is pointless. nintendo clearly wont give two ****s about what you have to say because your greedy *** is all ready asking for another game.

heres a tip : stop dreaming about smash characters and get good at the game.
They slapped me first with Ganondorf's moveset.

Yoshi330

Smash Rookie
Mine are:

-Ridley
-King K Rool
-Krystal
-Dark Matter
-Vaati
-Mewtwo (bring him back, PLEASE)
-Wart
-Kamek
-Knuckles