• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Montage fails at tournament hosting thread. PLEASE CLOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
im a pony that eats rainbows and poops butterflies

prove me wrong.

*zombie walks BACKWARDS out of topic*

Banks

Smash Hero
new england has won this topic, HANDS DOWN

now the venue MUST be changed

BWAHAHA

god forbid jersey drive anywhere LOL

Sliq

Smash Master
Of course you hold this tournament after I have moved back to Cincinnati.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
So score check

NE - 4
Rest of world - .3333 repeated

EDIT - I was half exaggerating. Its like 5ish usually, but one time I drove there it was like a 6 and a half hour dive. MA to Nj = Gay

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Venue will not be changed. But there will be more tournaments hosted by me this summer, so don't fret.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No johns @ distance. I drove 12 hours to FC 6. I flew to Texas Showdown. I used to go 3-4 hours to VA on a regular basis. I went 3-4 hours to CT for tournies. If you're devoted to the game, you'll go. I've never had a major near me until now.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
yeah but you're inui

you collect interesting data and invent bad tasting drinks

you probably walked the distance because you're crazy like that

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Soo guys...you wanna stop with the venue changing **** and other random hating in my thread. Spam my PM box if you want, but no more here please.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
You make me uncomfortable because I don't have your data yet...
nah I'm just fuji

and I actually don't really care about it being in new jersey, I'm still gonna make an effort to come to this because it's ****ing cataclysm, my first tournament (2), it just doesn't feel right calling it a cataclysm when it isn't in massachusetts.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
New venue, same hosts. You can expect more of the same from us this time around, except everything will be better than ever. New venue, same hosts. Remember that.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
so wasn't smashtacylsm

new jerseyclysm

montagaclycm

X + clysm (X = whatever tournament series montage runs, sorry I don't know >_>)

but cata is purely massachusetts

either way I'm gonna try to make it, too gud.

and I'll be glad to upload any tapes you guys record for it, even if I don't go.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about you help us take charge of recording and put a team of people together so we don't miss anything? That seems to be the one thing we've always lacked at our tournaments, good video footage.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Not really

It is going to be 6 - 7 hours for me in MA, never mind the people in CT, NH, Mainians etc

My ride is about 300 miles with a car that rides 20 mpg. Thats 15 gallons which is hwat my car holds (I think), times about 4 dollars of gas (I rounded to also account for tolls, idleing in traffic and etc) to get about 60 bucks one way. thats 120 bucks round trip, never mind the money thats going to be spent down there.

kinda weak :/
Yeah.. Probably gonna be sitting this one out.

pockyD

Smash Legend
60 dollars of gas split 4-5 ways is really negligble for what is, at the very least a "weekend vacation"

people in the northeast need to not complain about the location; it's already pretty **** central, and nj has a big smash population

though so long as you realize that you're purely being selfish and that the location itself isn't bad, you should feel free to ***** away ;)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of well-seeded brackets and will be one of the people running this, so I'll make sure such nonsense doesn't happen to the best of my ability. I already have to do it over here constantly.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
for everyone complaining about gas, New Jersey has the cheapest gas prices in the whole United States.

by me the average is $2.60 for regular
CT is something like $2.85
NY is up there

If that's not reason enough to come then idk what is. By coming to jersey and filling up, you're practically saving hundreds of dollars + you don't even have to pump it : ]

pockyD

Smash Legend
that doesn't actually make sense, because you wouldn't need the gas to begin with if you didn't go to nj

and nj still smells, and apparently inui is running things LOL

Inui

Banned via Warnings
wow... inui and OWM both running the same event... pretty sure i dont wanna come now. unless you take me up on that $50 mm offer :D
I said I'd do $25.

And nobody is going to cry if you don't come, so oh well.

and nj still smells, and apparently inui is running things LOL
Princeton does NOT smell.

The Mages will do most of the directing stuff, while Montage is supplying the venue and set-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom