• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Montage fails at tournament hosting thread. PLEASE CLOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
FAST might be moving later, but we still dont even have a venue to know. =/

I would really like to get it figured out so I can figure out which one I want to go to.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Hmm will there be anyone willing to house some CANADIANS for this event?! This looks like it's going to be big and thats exactly what I've been waiting for. A big brawl tournament. It will probably be a group of 3-5 of us. I'll talk it over with the rest of the crew to see if we can make it out for this.

EDIT: What city is this in lmfao

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Ohhhh no, I listed a stage twice under different names.

Hananbow and Norfair lead to infinite camping.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'

Hananbow and Norfair lead to infinite camping.
What the hell?

Delfino has walk offs and small walls, Corneria promotes massive camping AND has a wall, Frigate is unfair to certain characters because of the spin, Green Greens has glitches with the falling blocks, Rainbow Cruise is a gay level that promotes wrist slitting. ALSO, Castle Seige has gay properties when changing to parts of the level.

Hanenbow has no hazards and definantly does not promote camping. Neither does Norfair, and the Hazards on that level are completely avoidable.

It would be stupid to leave the list the way it is.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
we all know that by doing that, using the power of double negatives, it was a neutral.

dazaster averted.

edit: wtf memphis, tennessee don't be hatin on rainbow cruise

Handorin

Smash Hero
That name is really confusing me now because I forget it's a person. It took my 5sec to figure out Dazwa wasnt referring to my city as a whole. XD

dmbrandon

Smash Master
What the hell?

Delfino has walk offs and small walls, Corneria promotes massive camping AND has a wall, Frigate is unfair to certain characters because of the spin, Green Greens has glitches with the falling blocks, Rainbow Cruise is a gay level that promotes wrist slitting. ALSO, Castle Seige has gay properties when changing to parts of the level.

Hanenbow has no hazards and definantly does not promote camping. Neither does Norfair, and the Hazards on that level are completely avoidable.

It would be stupid to leave the list the way it is.
No offense, man, but you don't have enough experience in the game to understand why the list is the way it is.

I'll pay 50$ for you to fight spamerer, 2/3 on hananbow and norfair. See what happens.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
No offense, man, but you don't have enough experience in the game to understand why the list is the way it is.

I'll pay 50$ for you to fight spamerer, 2/3 on hananbow and norfair. See what happens.
evem though i beg to differ, i wont argue about it. But what I will say, however, that hanenbow does not deserve a ban what so ever.

Moreover, those other stages SHOULD be. Coneria? Seriously? The Stage movement of Seige and Defino ****s everyone and they both have parts that are walk off. Green Greens has UNAVOIDABLE glitches BUILT INTO THE STAGE.

I just dont liek rainbow cruise. everytime i play on it i want to take a knife to my palm and rip up into my armpit.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Spamerer had me mortified when he said Norfair needed a ban. He said "Hey, just play me"

Now, keep in in mind I play Meta, so I can maneuver well around any stage.

He picks Jiggs, and grabs a ledge. I approach, and he rolls then goes the other side, and grabs a ledge. Then drops down to a lower ledge. Then the bottom right middle.

Then under the stage. Then to the second leftside ledge. Over and over for seven minutes. He beat me without either of us losing a stock. The percents were close to even, but he took the lead, and kept it.

You can't catch him, ever.

Same thing on hanenbow, but 5 times worse.

Spam did the same **** to Shadow, a high ranking NY meta player, on Brinstar. You can't really even get away on brinstar, and spam did it. And there are plenty of people who play this way, so Norfair and Hanenbow need to be removed. If not for camping, than just for time purposes. Seriously, it's no good.

As for Delfino, Castle Seige Cornaria: Getting caught in a chain grab in a small time frame, yes, may equal death, but any good player should be able to avoid a grab for 20 seconds. The walls on these levels have been worked around. NinjaLink's Ike handled D3's on this level.

Pirate ship's water camping is also a reason for banning. Even mediorce falco/TL players can jump out of the water, spam procectiles, forcing you to rush, and then spike you. I've seen it.

We want this tournament to be a real Major, with the most fair ruleset around! We ban these stages, because the provide certain characters / players undeniable opportunities to win. That's not what we're going for here. Some may disagree with or methods, and say we're just doing things because we feel like it, but that couldn't be further from the truth, The circle that helped make this ruleset were argumentative, annoying, and loud. We bickered constantly, until we found a rule set, and stage listing that we thought would be appropriate for such a huge event.

You may think small things like having hanenbow banned is a bad thing, but if you lose for the same reasons I've listed, then who's to blame then? Me. Again.

Any stage ma be played, so long as you and your opponent agree. If you guys wanna play it, then just play it!

I wouldn't pick it against NJ, though. We're super cheap.

If anyone else has any concerns, don't be afraid to post. But keep your snide, Seinfield wannabe remarks to yourselves. Just be friendly. Some asked me to explain, and boom. Others were cynical, and I was back. It's a defense mechanism, and I'm sorry.

Hope to see you all there! :D

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
As for Delfino, Castle Seige Cornaria: Getting caught in a chain grab in a small time frame, yes, may equal death, but any good player should be able to avoid a grab for 20 seconds. The walls on these levels have been worked around. NinjaLink's Ike handled D3's on this level.
Small frame of time? try at least an entire stock on that level. thats too much. plus you spelt it wrong. CORNERIA. that calls for a ban and for you to go back to grammar school.

the hazards on pirate ship are too effective to be a playable stage. the fling thing is gay and the canon balls kill at low %

Niko_K

Smash Master
Hmm will there be anyone willing to house some CANADIANS for this event?! This looks like it's going to be big and thats exactly what I've been waiting for. A big brawl tournament. It will probably be a group of 3-5 of us. I'll talk it over with the rest of the crew to see if we can make it out for this.

EDIT: What city is this in lmfao
helpplease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom