• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mole - Officially Canceled

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Evil Eye makes the first post in Challenge #2, and adds $3,000 to the pot!

spam_master

Smash Rookie
User Name: Spam_Master
Birthday (year not necessary): 12/26/89
Hometown: Bel Air (not the Will Smith one)
Favorite color: Congo Blue
Favorite movie: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Favorite band: The Killers
Lucky number: 69
Good-luck charm: Scrum Cap
Do you play Super Smash Bros. regularly? (Yes or No): Yes
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Myself
Are you the mole?: yes

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
User Name: Mr.Lombardi34
Birthday (year not necessary): October 31
Hometown: Sloatsburg
Favorite color: Navy blue
Favorite movie: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Favorite band: Queen
Lucky number: None
Good-luck charm: None
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Eor, isn't it obvious?
Are you the mole?: Nah

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
User Name: Spam_Master
Birthday (year not necessary): 12/26/89
Hometown: Bel Air (not the Will Smith one)
Favorite color: Congo Blue
Favorite movie: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Favorite band: The Killers
Lucky number: 69
Good-luck charm: Scrum Cap
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Myself
Are you the mole?: yes
User Name: Mr.Lombardi34
Birthday (year not necessary): October 31
Hometown: Sloatsburg
Favorite color: Navy blue
Favorite movie: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Favorite band: Queen
Lucky number: None
Good-luck charm: None
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Eor, isn't it obvious?
Are you the mole?: Nah
spam_master and Mr.Lombardi each add $1,000 to the pot.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
spam_master, Mediocre, and smashbot each add $3,000 to the pot by making their post in Challenge #2.

I wonder who will get the exemption...

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm SOO SOOO glad we decided to talk about this before we all posted.
There's no reason to talk about it.

It benefits nobody but the mole if people don't post. I can only help myself and everyone else by posting. Why would you have a problem with that?

The only thing we could discuss is what to make of the people who wind up not posting. But until we know who they are, there's not a lot of point in talking about that either. Might as well just post, and talk about the results later. Nothing is gained by quibbling over it now.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you guys want to discuss this, you should go ahead and do it... less than 20 hours remains for Challenge #2.

Challenge #3 will last upward of three to four days and will make use of the weekend, so it will be more exciting and involving. No more surveys or simple posts... :D If you are planning on making alliances with other individual players, then you should get on it before Week #2 starts.

After Challenge #3 will come the execution exam. You will have 36 hours to fill that out and PM it to me, and then someone will be eliminated 12 hours after that.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I plan on trying for immunity. ;) No need to hide it when it is obvious.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think it's obvious that no one is going to get the immunity and the challenge will fail.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Mr. Lombardi earns $3,000 to the pot!

Could the groups lack of leadership be the result of the mole?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Everyone should post.

I assume a lot of you are going to try and be clever and "act like the mole" to draw attention to yourselves. Everyone has already thought of that

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Look guys, we've only gotten 6/10 people to post in that thread since the challenge started. We aren't going to get the other four unless you forget about the immunity and post. Not posting doesn't help you - We won't end up get 9 or 10 people, we'll lose money that we could have easily gained, and nobody will get immunity. It's simple, just post. Stop being selfish, it's only round 1.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, it is past the time anyways. I misread it as 12PM Central. >_<

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
If more than one (2-10) person does not post in the thread, then nobody at all will receive an exemption. If any rules are broken, the group will receive no money!

Well, Hando, rockin, and Kevin have balls'd this one. I see no logical reason whatsoever someone might CONTINUE to neglect the thread KNOWING that they won't get the exemption. All it does is deprive the pot of money. No one benefits from questioning or fighting this challenge but the mole and/or someone going for the exemption. Which proved itself more than fruitless.

Bahhhh. BAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.

>:^(

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
You know you don't get one, right? It's only the last person to post or person who doesn't post at all... if there's only one.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
You know you don't get one, right? It's only the last person to post or person who doesn't post at all... if there's only one.
That's what I was actually waiting on. I had the situation of what I need to do planned out, but it didn't work out for me. oh well >>

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Nice post edit, there, chum...

Look, all I'm saying is I don't know what "situation" you could "plan" out on this one. It's incredibly, incredibly simple. Everybody posts? Good for the team. Nobody posts? Good for the mole.

Most people post? But not all? Good for the mole, in the end.

I'm amazed that three people managed to hold out for that exemption when it clearly was not going to happen! Even if I wanted it, guess what? If the final five minutes before the challenge closes rolls around and none of the other guys are even on SWF, I'm posting. Why? Because it's good for the team. At that point, nobody's getting the exemption at all, so why deprive the pot?

Being crass isn't my point here. These challenges are only gonna go north in value. #2 tripled the value of the last one. The more people drag their heels, be it for exemption or because of antagonistic schemes, the more we lose out. Okay?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Im sure you were talking to Rockin, but I'll answer anyways. I planned on posting if it was evident the other two wernt going to post in the last few min. However, I misread the time as 12pm central, not eastern. At 12eastern, I was in class and could not have posted.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yeah, I was talking to Rockin. And KevinM.

Wanna make out again? I'm done with my giraffe buddy.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Okay, I'm very sorry for not making this a rule at the start of the game, but I have since then implemented and notified all of you that editing your posts is not allowed. At all. Just like in Mafia or in Adventure games, what you do in here is action. Action which moves time, which you cannot take back unless you are Hiro Nakamura. So please, no more editing of your posts. I'm looking at you, Rockin.

I apologize for the late unveiling of Challenge #3. I lost internet at my house. It shouldn't hinder the Challenge too much, and any interference or lag on my part will most definitely be accommodated for concerning your time limits.

So lets get started.

Challenge #3 - Crack the Code

Interestingly enough, this challenge allows an opportunity for you all to beat the mole at his own game. The mole will not be informed of the specifics of this game until everyone is assigned to groups.

This will be your first full fledged challenge, and it will begin in a manner that will become very familiar to you all. First, I need you to split yourselves into groups. I need two (2) people who are good with details and patterns, three (3) people who are good at math, four (4) people who are good at neither of the two, and one (1) person who you all think is untrustworthy.

Putting yourself into a group is done by simply bolding the statement "I am [good with details and patterns] [good at math] [good at neither of the two]." Once in a group, you cannot leave that group unless you declared the most untrustworthy. You cannot assign another person to a group, but you can absolutely recommend them to a group as discussion.

The most untrustworthy player will be chosen via Mafia votes. The first person to have 4 votes at a time will be considered the most untrustworthy. You vote for someone as untrustworthy by bolding "Vote: [Username]". You can only have one vote on one person at a time.

You all have 24 hours, or until Noon EST Saturday, to divide yourselves into groups.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Bah, first of all, sorry about that Tom. I was sure that when you said that no editing post, I was thinking you meant no editing other people's post. I'm so used to editing due to the fact I like for the grammar to come out good, but I won't edit anymore in this game. If it's possible, may I please get an example as to how the voting and such is done? sorry, just to make sure I don't make a midstake.

also, Evil Eye, I'll drop the subject all together so we can move on to this new challenge, but once again, I felt that I knew what to do. in anycase, sorry.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Agreed, I'm not out to draw blood here, just want people to be motivated as the necessity of participation and teamwork is about to explode.

I'm pretty good with details and such, as is Eor.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm good at patterns and details

Vote: Rockin

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Vote: Rockin

I'm sorry, but you've been very uncooperative so far.

I don't really know who the mole is, so I'm going to vote for you just because of that.

Top Bottom