• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mole - Officially Canceled

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

Welcome to 'The Mole!'

'The Mole' is a unique blend of three separate staples of forum gaming - cooperation, competition, and deception. Here, we have ten (10) contestants. Nine (9) of them are vying for the top prize of up to one million ($1,000,000) dollars. One of them, however, has the sole job of disrupting the progress of the teammates. This sabouteur is known as the mole.

The game is a single elimination competition beginning with ten (10) players, taking approximately the span of eight (8) weeks. Every week, the players will work together to accomplish a number of challenges, normally two (2), to earn the prize money which will then be placed in the player pot. If every challenge is successfully accomplished to their fullest extent, the maximum amount of prize money in the pot will reach one million ($1,000,000) dollars. If a challenge is failed, no money will be added to the player pot.

After every week, there will be a test given to all of the players. This test will question the player's knowledge of the mole. The player that scores the least amount of points will be executed, or eliminated from the game.

Players are looking to acquire as much money as possible, as a group, but they are also looking to survive until the end of the game, individually.

There will be situations when individuals will be given the opportunity to earn an exemption. This will give them immunity from the weekly elimination -- they will still be required to take the quiz, but they cannot be eliminated even if they score the lowest score (the next lowest scorer will be eliminated). This exemption may come from the best performance in a designated contest, or it may be given to a player at a key moment when they are asked if they want to earn the money for the pot or if they will let the pot take a hit and take the exemption. Would you take the exemption? Might the mole win if you don't get this money? Do you think you know who the mole is, and don't need the exemption? Do not underestimate this situation.

For the most part, players will be allowed to communicate with each other via PM and AIM. This is a great factor in The Mole as opposed to a forum game like Mafia. You may want to form alliances, share information, set each other up for a fall, or back-stab in order to try to win the game. There is not much that can be considered cheating besides directly disobeying directions for specific challenges, before which you will be told that you cannot speak over AIM with each other. If you are caught cheating, you will be replaced or eliminated and may receive SWF infractions via the rules of Decisive Games, a la Mafia.

There will be a good amount of brain-teasing, a good amount of information hunting (obviously the use of Google is absolutely allowed and encouraged), mini-games, bold actions such as voting and choosing, and multiple instances of dividing yourselves up into smaller groups for activities.

Note: As opposed to your usual forum games, 'The Mole' has a specific run time of eight (8) weeks. Due to this format, inactivity will almost inevitably hinder gameplay. Please do not apply if you know that you do not have internet access for the majority of the week. As long as you have access and the time to spare, then you are fine. Once the game begins, nobody will be replaced except under extreme circumstances. Please use your judgement when deciding if you have the time to play, because too many inactive players will destroy the game.

There has been a spree of Decisive Games that have died from inactivity, and due to the interaction-based nature of 'The Mole,' this game will be by application only. If you are not happy with a system where the game moderator chooses who is allowed to play and who is not, then do not sign up. Players will be chosen based on familiarity, intelligence, forum activity, Decisive Games history, and attitude. It is almost a requirement to have an AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) account for 'The Mole.'

Editing your posts is not allowed.

Applications Accepted:

Eliminated:
9th place: Mr. Lombardi

Note: Outside of the application process, please do not ask to be the mole. The mole will be picked on a completely random basis, and will be picked 24 hours before the first week starts. When the mole is chosen, they will be sent the 'Moles Book,' which is a summary of every challenge that the group will face. The mole will be able to plan possible strategies to decieve and disrupt the group ahead of time.

Having seen the TV show might help you understand what you can look forward to, but it definitely is not a requirement nor is it a great advantage.

Player Pot: $63,500

Week 1:
1.) Challenge #1: Profiles - $10,000/$10,000
2.) Challenge #2: Temptation - $21,000/$30,000 (separate thread)
3.) Challenge #3: Crack the Code - $0,000/$90,000
4.) Execution #1: Mr. Lombardi

Week 2:
5.) Challenge #4: Charity - $0
6.) Challenge #5: Group Division - $32,500/70,000
7.) Execution $2: spam_master

-Chad-

Slackerator
I kinda want to play, but...I work Thurs-Sun for a majority of those days so I'm unsure if that'd be enough time to play during the 3 days I'm off.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I kinda want to play, but...I work Thurs-Sun for a majority of those days so I'm unsure if that'd be enough time to play during the 3 days I'm off.
I would say that if you are able to devote at least 30 mins a day for 4-5 days a week for eight weeks, you would be active enough for the game. If you can manage that, go ahead and apply chuuuuuuuuuuu.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Challenge #1: Profiles

Challenge #1: Profiles

Welcome to The Mole!

Can you feel it?

That suspense?

That looming betrayal?

One of you knows almost everything about this game - every challenge you will face, every answer to every question on every execution exam you will take, and every opportunity to sabotage your precious player's pot.

To survive, you have to answer questions about the mole. Don't you wish you knew more about each other? To win, you have to complete your goal of constantly adding money to the pot. Don't you wish you had money in the pot already? Well, thats where Challenge #1: Profiles comes in.

Each of you will be required to fill out the following profile questionnaire and post it in the thread. This challenge will last throughout Week #1, meaning during Challenges #2 and #3, and the profiles will be due when Challenge #3 ends. For each profile successfully submitted, the pot will earn $1,000.

Feel free to use this thread to comment on each others profiles, ask questions, discuss the game, and chat with each other. This is The Mole!

P.S.: Don't forget to take notes if you want to win... if you're not the mole, that is.

==========PROFILE==========
User Name:
Birthday (year not necessary):
Hometown:
Favorite color:
Favorite movie:
Favorite band:
Lucky number:
Good-luck charm:
Do you play Super Smash Bros. regularly? (Yes or No):
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?:
Are you the mole?:
==========/PROFILE==========

Challenge #2 will be announced very soon, so get working on your profiles!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
User Name: Eor
Birthday (year not necessary): August 21
Hometown: Denton
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite movie: Don't have one
Favorite band: Radiohead
Lucky number: 75
Good-luck charm: Don't need one
Do you play Super Smash Bros. regularly? (Yes or No): No
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Drab
Are you the mole?: I'm a hedgehog

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
[color=Eor_is_the_mole]
Code:
User Name:
        Drab Emordnilap

29/06

Hometown:
        Montgomery, AL, USA

Favorite color:
        Pink

Favorite movie:
        Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Favorite band:
        Limozeen

Lucky number:

Good-luck charm:
        A shuttlebus token from the 1996 Atlanta summer olympic games

I don't have a Nintendo 64 anymore.

Handorin

Are you the mole?:
        I'm Spartacus
[/color]

Is editing disallowed, like in Mafia? Also, we should immediately suspect anyone who doesn't post a profile, since that's an easy 1000$ the mole can lose for us.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Eor adds $1,000 to the pot.

Due to formatting errors, Drab's profile is incomplete and does not yet add $1,000 to the pot.

[thank you for reminding me - editing your posts is not allowed.]

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
User Name: Rockin
Birthday (year not necessary): Mar 8
Hometown: Bronx
Favorite color: Red
Favorite movie: Batman: The Dark Knight
Favorite band: none as of yet
Lucky number: 69 (lulz)
Good-luck charm: My last name defines luck
Do you play Super Smash Bros. regularly? (Yes or No): yes
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Eor
Are you the mole?: I like boobies

Handorin

Smash Hero
User Name: Handorin
Birthday (year not necessary): July 20th
Hometown: Memphis
Favorite color: Green
Favorite movie: No idea =(
Favorite band: Slash's Snakepit
Lucky number: 23
Good-luck charm: No such thing as luck. No johns.
Do you play Super Smash Bros. regularly? (Yes or No): Yes
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Spam
Are you the mole?: I'm the miller.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Can I edit my post to fix the formatting errors? And what formatting errors? I just used the code tags to make it easier to read.
You cannot edit your post, but you can resubmit your profile with all of the questions answered the way they are asked. There is one answer on yours that needs to be corrected.

User Name: Handorin
Birthday (year not necessary): July 20th
Hometown: Memphis
Favorite movie: No idea =(
Favorite band: Slash's Snakepit
Lucky number: 23
Good-luck charm: No such thing as luck. No johns.
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Spam
Are you the mole?: I'm the miller.
Handorin adds $1,000 to the pot.

smashbot226

Smash Master
User Name: smashbot226
Birthday (year not necessary): February 26
Hometown: Calabasas
Favorite color: Gray
Favorite movie: Pulp Fiction
Favorite band: The Beatles
Lucky number: 6
Good-luck charm: My lucky glasses
Do you play Super Smash Bros. regularly? (Yes or No): Yes, then no.
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Handorin
Are you the mole?: Maaaaaaaybe!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
User Name: Evil Eye (EE)
Birthday (year not necessary): May 25th
Hometown: Calgary
Favorite color: Teal
Favorite movie: Memento
Favorite band: The Hives
Lucky number: 13
Good-luck charm: Hmmm. Well I occasionally save the caps for Jones Soda bottles if the "fortune cookie" message actually relates to me somehow
Do you play Super Smash Bros. regularly? (Yes or No): Not really, no
Are you the mole?: Absolutely

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
smashbot, just an fyi, Clint Mansell is really a musical composer. I don't know if it matters, but it looks like Mr. Nomnomnom is pretty anal on the semantics of the questions. I doubt he'd even accept solo artists.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Birthday (year not necessary): February 26 1993
Favorite band: Clint Mansell (Requiem For A Dream.)
Do you play Super Smash Bros. regularly? (Yes or No): Yes, then no.
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Handorin

Awesome intro, dude.
This profile cannot be accepted due to formatting errors, very similar to Drab. But no, its not because of your taste in music.

User Name: Evil Eye (EE)
Birthday (year not necessary): May 25th
Hometown: Calgary
Favorite color: Teal
Favorite movie: Memento
Favorite band: The Hives
Lucky number: 13
Good-luck charm: Hmmm. Well I occasionally save the caps for Jones Soda bottles if the "fortune cookie" message actually relates to me somehow
Do you play Super Smash Bros. regularly? (Yes or No): Not really, no
Are you the mole?: Absolutely
Evil Eye adds $1,000 to the pot!

Handorin

Smash Hero
Perhaps (about the solo artist), but I guess my solo project doesn't count. >_>

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
[color=Eor_is_the_mole]
User Name:
Drab Emordnilap

29/06

Hometown:
Montgomery, AL, USA

Favorite color:
Pink

Favorite movie:
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Favorite band:
Limozeen

Lucky number:

Good-luck charm:
A shuttlebus token from the 1996 Atlanta summer olympic games

Yes

Handorin

Are you the mole?:
I'm Spartacus.
[/color]

smashbot226

Smash Master
I fixed up my thing for ya:

Birthday (year not necessary): February 26
Do you play Super Smash Bros. regularly? (Yes or No): Not any more.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yeah, no editing in Decisive Games, smashbot. Ever. Double/octuple posting is allowed in FG because there's nothing added to your post count.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yeah, no editing in Decisive Games, smashbot. Ever. Double/octuple posting is allowed in FG because there's nothing added to your post count.
I wish there were a way to make it so that only the topic creator can edit his own posts and nobody else -_- thats how it goes on MafiaScum.

Anyways, 6/10 players have successfully completed Challenge #1: Profiles, but it lasts all week. Any of the other 4 players can still make their money.

Challenge #2, announced tomorrow, will require much more teamwork and activity. This was just to get you started, but Challenge #2 will show you what The Mole is really about.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
User Name: Mediocre
Birthday (year not necessary): January 26th 1988
Hometown: Somerville, NJ
Favorite color: Pink
Favorite movie: Ghost World
Lucky number: None
Good-luck charm: None
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Mediocre
Are you the mole?: No doubt about it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Challenge #2: Temptation

Welcome to your second challenge, players! I hope you are all learning more about each other and your playstyles from the healthy discussion and the Profiles. This challenge, however, will tell you much more about your fellow players than any simple questionnaire.

I have created a 'The Mole Challenge #2' thread http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5510073 in which each player must post within the next two days (48 hours). Each player may only post in that thread once, so as always, use this main thread for discussion and planning. For each person that posts in that thread, three thousand ($3,000) dollars will be added to the pot. If only one (1) person does not post in that thread, then that person will receive an exemption from this week's execution exam. This means that they will automatically move on to the next round. If everyone posts in that thread, then the last person to post in the thread receives the exemption. If more than one (2-10) person does not post in the thread, then nobody at all will receive an exemption. If any rules are broken, the group will receive no money.

Again, the url can be found here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5510073

You have until 12 noon, EST, Thursday October 9th. Good luck!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
User Name: KevinM
Birthday (year not necessary): 2/18
Hometown: Providence, Rhode Island
Favorite movie: "There will be Blood" currently.
Favorite band: Four Year Strong
Lucky number: 12
Good-luck charm: A Yoshi figurine
Who do you think is likely to be the mole, just based on the player-list?: Eor, **** that guy.
Are you the mole?: Are you the mole? What kind of question is that?

Top Bottom