• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mole - Officially Canceled

Handorin

Smash Hero
Vote- Rockin

What level math are we talking about here? I'll withhold my placement for now.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I'm so used to editing due to the fact I like for the grammar to come out good
LOL

Vote:Rockin because I think your full of crap, in terms of how you characterize yourself

Also, I'm very proficient at both math and details/patterns

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
okay, first, as my friend D1 would say 'EFF Ya mother EFFERS' XD

second, sorry if I havn't been on AIM as much as I should. lack of internet, practicing brawl, and such has left me to this result.

anyway, I'll pick.

UNTRUSTWORTHY: Evil Eye

Dunno, no big reason. Just feel slightly suspecious.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Rockin has been chosen by 4 (four: Bard, Eor, Mediocre, Evil Eye) as the most untrustworthy player. Rockin, you will not be able to participate in Challenge #3. Challenge #3 is hit or miss, and a lot of money. If your fellow players fail to crack the code, then you will be given an exemption from the first execution exam.

Untrustworthy: Rockin
Good with Patterns and Details: Eor, ______
Good with Math: _____ , _____ , ______
Good at neither: _____ , _____ , _____ , _____

I'm going to extend your deadline to Midnight EST tonight. You must bold your choice. If you do not put yourself in a group, you may be assigned by process of elimination, or at the end of the deadline.

spam_master: If you consider yourself good at both Patterns/Details and Math, then I would recommend assigning yourself with Eor to the Good with Patterns and Details group.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I can't tell you too much, but it won't be calculus or anything. Order of operations and tricksy such.

Untrustworthy: Rockin
Good with Patterns and Details: Eor, Evil Eye
Good with Math: _____ , _____ , ______
Good at neither: _____ , _____ , _____ , _____

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I am good with math

I wish I had been able to go patterns and detail, but it's full. Order of operations is to math as eating is to survival. Call me when its time to find limits of functions in 3-space.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Sorry, I was at Vandy all day.

I'll just go ahead and say I'm not good at either.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You have all been sent your instructions via PM. The Challenge will last a bit longer than 48 hours, meaning that I must have received a correctly cracked code by Noon EST on Wednesday.

You may use this thread to discuss the game, but you may not share your problems. Make sure to post your answer and your order number in this thread for the pattern and detail group.

Good luck. Hopefully Rockin is the mole and there will be no sabotage in this challenge.

Rockin, lets go get some lunch or something while they slave away either making you money or earning you an exemption.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I have now sent out all the instructions and all the problems.

You may not share your problem with anyone else, and you may not post your problem in this thread.

Good luck, players.

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
Anyways, if any of you from the "Good at Neither" group are unsure about your answers, you can get one of the "Good at Math" people to help you.
You may not share your problem with anyone else, and you may not post your problem in this thread.
I don't think that would be a good idea.

My order number is 9, and my answer is 14.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I hate math but I believe I did mine right and sorry about the inactive week I had a lot going on outside of SWF. I'm back for good now.

My order number is 6 and my answer is 16.

I hope?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I believe that I said in the PM that if a math group person wants to check another persons work, they should PM me for that persons problem. Don't discuss the problem with another player besides "I hope Im right" or "You might want to check mine" or something.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
My order number is one and my answer was 108.

I hate math but I believe I did mine right and sorry about the inactive week I had a lot going on outside of SWF. I'm back for good now.

My order number is 6 and my answer is 16.

I hope?
Sounds like someone from the math group ought to check your answer.

But guys, let's wait until everyone has their answer in before we check any of them. That way, we can make the most informed decision about which answers we need to check, and which ones we don't.

And, to the mole: If you're in the "not good at either" group, waiting until the last minute to post your answer so that we're unable to check it will make you look very suspicious. If I see anyone doing that, I will probably consider you the most likely candidate for mole-hood.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Oh, and some general math suggestions. If you're not sure how to do things, remember PEMDAS:

1. Parentheses
  2. Exponents
  3. Multiplication and Division
  4. Addition and Subtraction

Also, if you have a problem where you're asked to solve for a variable, remember to check your answer by plugging it back in for the variable in the original problem.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but these are simple ways to make sure that your answer is correct.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
order number 4

Answer 13

That was to easy, my favorite part was when you kept using parenthesis over and over again when they weren't needed.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
-_- I apologize to the contestants.

I got Mediocre's problem wrong. The answer should be 19. His answer was right for his problem, but I wrote the problem wrong, so he deserves the right answer to the right problem instead of the right answer to the wrong problem.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
order number 4

Answer 13

That was to easy, my favorite part was when you kept using parenthesis over and over again when they weren't needed.
spam, have you ever considered not being horribly abrasive?

Anyhow, extra parenthesis can only make the problem easier to understand. Why complain about things that benefit us?

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
-_- I apologize to the contestants.

I got Mediocre's problem wrong. The answer should be 19. His answer was right for his problem, but I wrote the problem wrong, so he deserves the right answer to the right problem instead of the right answer to the wrong problem.
Hah, alright. Glad you spotted it. It would have been a bummer for me if you hadn't.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Oh, and some general math suggestions. If you're not sure how to do things, remember PEMDAS:

1. Parentheses
  2. Exponents
  3. Multiplication and Division
  4. Addition and Subtraction

Also, if you have a problem where you're asked to solve for a variable, remember to check your answer by plugging it back in for the variable in the original problem.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but these are simple ways to make sure that your answer is correct.
Well, essentially saying 1 + 1 is what? has a variable. It's 1+1=X. And that's essentially what my problem was. Like I said, I learned this math in kindergarten.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, essentially saying 1 + 1 is what? has a variable. It's 1+1=X. And that's essentially what my problem was. Like I said, I learned this math in kindergarten.
Yeah, but you can't plug your answer in for x the same way you would be able to in an equation where there were constants on both sides.

Also, I wasn't trying to insult anyone by giving that advice. If you don't need it, good. If somebody else does, it's there, right in the thread. That's all I was aiming for.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
we are still missing order number 2, 7, and 8

If it comes down to midnight and people still dont have answers for those I think the math people should use our checks on them.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Everyone has posted their answer except smashbot, if thats what you're asking.

EE and Eor each got an answer so they could work on cracking the code as soon as they got the others.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
So it's all me and Eor when it comes to cracking the code? No pressure right. =P

And yes, spam, please stop insulting Tom. I personally don't want the last challenge to be advanced calculus, "find out how many paces the Ross Ice Shelf is from one side to the other", and "land on the Sun", and he's definitely going to go out of his way to make the challenges blisteringly hard if we are consistently behaving in a condescending manner.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Double post for great justice: I have a hunch this is gonna be a cryptoquote kind of thing and the good news is I used to work the night shift at a convenience store so needless to say I solved my fair share of cryptoquotes. But I work 9-5, which means I'm in bed AND out the door early. So yeah, smashbot, let's uh, let's hurry this up mmkay?

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Alright, guys. smashbot hasn't been on SWF in the last three days. He hasn't posted in this thread in six. At this point, I don't think we can afford to wait for him anymore.

I'm going to ask Tom for smashbot's problem.

If someone else would check KevinM's problem, that would be great.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
smashbot's order number was 10.

The answer to his problem was 2.

Would somebody care to take a guess at what his problem was? Trust me, whatever you guess, it was simpler than that. Well, unless you guess 2 = x. That's the only guess that could be less complicated.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Oh, and in case I don't solve this before I get off tonight, my order number is eight and my answer is 4.

Tom, tell me if I'm breaking a rule by posting my thing. I don't want to screw us if Eor gets on later, so I figured this is the best way to get my answer out there. I am allowed to post it, right?

Handorin

Smash Hero
smashbot's order number was 10.

The answer to his problem was 2.

Would somebody care to take a guess at what his problem was? Trust me, whatever you guess, it was simpler than that. Well, unless you guess 2 = x. That's the only guess that could be less complicated.
Knowing what that answer was and what my problem was, I wouldnt be surprised to find out his problem was 1+1

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Oh you don't need to check mine if you don't want to use your check, just because I hate mine doesn't mean it was hard lol ^_^b

Top Bottom