• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mole - Officially Canceled

spam_master

Smash Rookie
He had already sent it to me, and when you first replied you thought the reliability of your answer was questionable

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Bahghghg. Guys, I don't know about this. My whole strategy in cryptoquotes is finding the vowels, and this isn't coming easily. No double letters (/numbers) or anything like that. And I do think this is a number replacement dealy ala cryptoquotes, because Tom isn't a big enough bastard to make is crack an actual, MIT-level code. We can't all be AltF4Warrior.

Argh.

I'll keep at it.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
eor seriously needs to enter his info, they definetly convert into letters in a 1 to 1 ratio as there are no numbers over 26 and there are only 10 entry points, but the problem is there is a space in one of two place and we need eors number rot know which one.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
eor seriously needs to enter his info, they definetly convert into letters in a 1 to 1 ratio as there are no numbers over 26 and there are only 10 entry points, but the problem is there is a space in one of two place and we need eors number rot know which one.
Sounds like spam_master could out-solve both our Good at Patterns contestants put together.

I need an answer by Noon EST, which is in one hour. I have yet to receive any guesses by Eor or EE via AIM, PM, or the thread.

Since there is one hour left, I am going to open up guessing to anyone.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Challenge #3 is over.

The group makes $0 out of a possible $90,000.

Rockin receives an exemption from the upcoming elimination quiz.

The code will be explained in a few hours. Feel free to deliberate over why the challenged failed, and prepare for the quiz.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I tried deciphering it in class, which kinda failed. It wasnt a 1:1 code, anything 1 letter up or down didnt work. It probably would have helped if 2 letters weren't missing.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Aye, time was the factor. I should have taken a picture of my computer room, I had the house to myself so I was taping **** up on the walls and looking at it and mussing up my hair and whimpering. It was like The Number 23 all over again.

The experience of watching it, not the content of the movie.

Bleargh. With that said, holy allcaps'd f-bomb, Batman! That challenge was worth a hell of a lot more than the last one. Hopefully the next one will be worth even more, then we could probably more than make up for this debauchery.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
For your benefit, a limited explanation:

Challenge #3:

Untrustworthy: Rockin
Good with Patterns and Details: Eor, Evil Eye
Good with Math: Mediocre , MrLombardi , spam_master
Good at neither: Handorin , KevinM , Drab , SmashBot

To Rockin:
You have been chosen as the most untrustworthy player by your peers. You will not be able to participate in Challenge #3: Crack the Code. But because your peers think that you are most likely to be the mole, or at least the most trustworthy, we might as well treat you like a mole, huh? If your fellow contestants do not successfully complete this challenge, then you will receive an exemption from the next execution exam.

To Eor and EE:
You two have been chosen as the group who is good with patterns and details. Every other player has received an order number and a math problem. They must all solve their math problems by themselves, with no outside help from any other player, and then report in the thread what their order number and their answer number are. You will then use the knowledge given to you in this PM and the knowledge the other players derive from their answers to work together to crack the code. You can guess as many times as you want to crack the code. There will be a missing order number with a missing answer. If you have all the correct numbers for all the other order numbers, and the appropriate pattern and detail skills, then you should be able to solve this. If you think that someone's answer may be wrong, you might try to contact someone in the group that is good with math.

To Eor:
Eor, your order number is two and your answer is 4.

To EE:
Evil Eye, your order number is eight and your answer is 4.

To Mediocre, Lombardi, and spam_master:
You three have been chosen as the group who is good at math. Every player in your group and the 'no good' group has each received an order number and a math problem. Everyone must all solve their math problems by themselves, with no outside help from any other player, and then report in the thread what their order number and their answer number are. The good with patterns/details group will then use this information to crack the code. Each of you also has the power to individually check only one of the answers that the 'no good' group has come up with. If you think someone got their question wrong, you can PM me to check their answer, and I will send you their problem. If you correct an incorrect answer, or if you correct a correct answer, your new answer is the one that the good with patterns/details group will use. Work together to make sure that you do not check the same answers.

To Handorin, KevinM, Drab, smashbot:

You four have been chosen as the group who is good at nothing. The no good group, or the good for nothing group, whichever you would rather call yourselves. This is either because you chose to be in the group or you are a bit inactive.

You have all receieved a math problem and an order number in a PM. Do your math problem, get the answer, and then post your answer and your order number in the thread.

For your group, its as simple as that. If you wanted to do more, you should have put yourself in a more exciting group. But your activity is very important to finishing this challenge, so get to work.

To Mediocre:
Mediocre, your order number is one and your problem is:
( (3x3x2)^2 (3x2)^2 (1)^2 )^(1/2) =

To Lombardi:
MrLombardi, your order number is three and your problem is:
What number is greater than 1+2+3 and half of 2+3+4+5?

To spam_master:
spam_master, your order number is four and your problem is:
(1+3+(2x2)+5+(2x3)+7+(2x2x2)+9+10+11+(2x3x2)+13+14+15+(2x2x2x2)+17+(2x3x3))^(1/2) =

To Handorin:
Handorin, your order number is five and your problem is:
If John has two apples, and Mole has one apple, then how many apples do they have if they add their apples?

To KevinM:
KevinM, your order number is six and your problem is:
(1+1)x(1+1)x(1+1)x(1+1) =

To Drab:
Drab, your order number is nine and your problem is:
((7+7)x(7+7))^(1/2) =

To Smashbot:
Smashbot, your order number is ten and your problem is:
1+1=

The incomplete code was: 19, 4, 7, 13, 3, 16, __, 4, 14, 2

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The challenge for the math section was not in the questions but in getting all players active and organized quickly enough to allot decent time for the code breakers.
The challenge for the code section was in the difficulty of the code itself.

Eor submitted 0 guesses.
EE submitted 0 guesses.

Mediocre checked smasbot's answer.
spam_master checked KevinM's answer.
MrLombardi checked no answer.

Execution Exam #1 will be posted in this thread tonight at midnight. You will have 36 hours to complete the exam. It will be ten (10) multiple choice questions that you should answer according to who you think is the mole. Grading will take 24 hours and then the contestant with the lowest score will be eliminated. If two or more contestants tie for the lowest score, the one who submitted his answers slowest will be eliminated.

Send me your completed exam via PM.
Do not post your completed exam in this thread.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
No he's not

I use my card given in the beginning to steal his exemption

Bam *****es

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
There will be situations when individuals will be given the opportunity to earn an exemption. This will give them immunity from the weekly elimination -- they will still be required to take the quiz, but they cannot be eliminated even if they score the lowest score (the next lowest scorer will be eliminated). This exemption may come from the best performance in a designated contest, or it may be given to a player at a key moment when they are asked if they want to earn the money for the pot or if they will let the pot take a hit and take the exemption. Would you take the exemption? Might the mole win if you don't get this money? Do you think you know who the mole is, and don't need the exemption? Do not underestimate this situation.
Even though I got it, I'm still required to take it. Maybe it's just to show I'm still active. If I don't take it, it's possible I'll be elimited even though I'm immune from the game.

Whether or not, I need to follow the rules.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
No he's not

I use my card given in the beginning to steal his exemption

Bam *****es
Hahaha.

Eor shows me his drivers license, and I tell him that I won't let anyone under 21 into the club. He then whines and bitches and then goes home.

Anyways. Sorry about all that inactivity there, I had some stuff to take care of.

Execution Exam #1
To submit your exam, please PM me your answers, questions dont have to be included.
The deadline to send in your exam is Sunday 11:59 PM EST (the sunday to monday border).

1.) What is the mole's birthday?
a.) January 26th
b.) February 18th
c.) February 26th
d.) March 8th
e.) May 25th
f.) June 29th
g.) July 20th
h.) August 21th
i.) October 31th
j.) December 26th

2.) What is the mole's favorite color?
a.) Blue
b.) Red
c.) Green
d.) Grey
e.) Teal
f.) Pink
g.) Congo Blue
h.) Navy Blue

3.) Does the mole regularly play Super Smash Bros.?
a.) Yes (or variant)
b.) No (or variant)

4.) What did the mole respond when asked, "Are you the mole?"
a.) I'm spartacus.
b.) Nah
c.) Absolutely
d.) What kind of question is that?
e.) Maaaaaaaybe!
f.) yes
g.) I like boobies.
h.) I'm a hedgehog
i.) No doubt about it.
j.) I'm the miller.

5.) How much money has the mole earned for the player pot?
a.) $1,000
b.) $4,000

6.) In what order did the mole post in Challenge #2?
a.) First
b.) Second
c.) Third
d.) Fourth
e.) Fifth
f.) Sixth
g.) Seventh

7.) Did the mole vote for Rockin as the most untrustworthy?
a.) Yes
b.) No

8.) What was the mole's order number in Challenge #3?
a.) 1
b.) 2
c.) 3
d.) 4
e.) 5
f.) 6
g.) 8
h.) 9
i.) 10
j.) N/A

9.) In what group was the mole in Challenge #3?
a.) The mole was good at Patterns.
b.) The mole was good at math.
c.) The mole was good for nothing.
d.) The mole was untrustworthy.

10.) Who is the mole?
a.) Eor
b.) EE
c.) KevinM
d.) Drab
e.) Spam
f.) Hando
g.) Medi
h.) Mr. L
i.) Rockin
j.) smashbot

As always, I'm prone to mistakes. If you catch one you might get a little summin summin.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Tom, what order did you consider Drab to have posted his answers to the quiz in? He answered it twice, and I'm not sure which one you counted for this quiz. The second, I'm guessing?

Without knowing this, I can't really know who I'm voting for when I guess the order number. This could throw 'em all off.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Ah, might as well say it now.

If I die, or get booted out, either Eor or EE is the mole.

I just ran a test. I answered all the questions so that none of my answers applied to either of them. In other words, if either of them are the mole, all my answers to the quiz are wrong. I also sent in my responses as late as I could, which wound up being 11:56. I checked the activity of all the other users during this time. No one sent in their answers later than I did.

So, if I die, one of them is the mole. If I live until the next challenge, neither of them is the mole.

Here's my work:

Code:
1.) What is the mole's birthday?
b.) February 18th ------------------------ KevinM
c.) February 26th ------------------------ smashbot226
d.) March 8th ---------------------------- Rockin
e.) May 25th ----------------------------- Evil Eye
f.) June 29th ---------------------------- Drab Emordnilap
g.) July 20th ---------------------------- Handorin
h.) August 21th -------------------------- Eor
i.) October 31th ------------------------- Mr.Lombardi34
j.) December 26th ------------------------ spam_master

2.) What is the mole's favorite color?
a.) Blue --------------------------------- Eor
b.) Red ---------------------------------- Rockin
c.) Green -------------------------------- Handorin, KevinM
d.) Grey --------------------------------- smashbot226
e.) Teal --------------------------------- Evil Eye
f.) Pink --------------------------------- Drab Emordnilap
g.) Congo Blue --------------------------- spam_master
h.) Navy Blue ---------------------------- Mr.Lombardi34

3.) Does the mole regularly play Super Smash Bros.?
a.) Yes (or variant) ---------------------- Drab Emordnilap, Rockin, Handorin, KevinM, spam_master, Mr.Lombardi34
b.) No (or variant) ----------------------- Eor, Evil Eye, smashbot226

4.) What did the mole respond when asked, "Are you the mole?"
a.) I'm spartacus. ------------------------ Drab Emordnilap
b.) Nah ----------------------------------- Mr.Lombardi34
c.) Absolutely ---------------------------- Evil Eye
d.) What kind of question is that? -------- KevinM
e.) Maaaaaaaybe! -------------------------- smashbot226
f.) yes ----------------------------------- spam_master
g.) I like boobies. ----------------------- Rockin
h.) I'm a hedgehog ------------------------ Eor
j.) I'm the miller. ----------------------- Handorin

5.) How much money has the mole earned for the player pot?
a.) $1,000 ------------------------- Rockin, Handorin, KevinM
b.) $4,000 ------------------------- Evil Eye, spam_master, smashbot226, Mr.Lombardi34, Drab Emordnilap, Eor

6.) In what order did the mole post in Challenge #2?
a.) First --------------------------- Evil Eye
b.) Second -------------------------- spam_master
d.) Fourth -------------------------- smashbot226
e.) Fifth --------------------------- Mr.Lombardi34
f.) Sixth --------------------------- Drab Emordnilap
g.) Seventh ------------------------- Eor

7.) Did the mole vote for Rockin as the most untrustworthy?
a.) Yes ----------------------------- Drab Emordnilap, Eor, Evil Eye, Handorin, spam_master
b.) No ------------------------------ smashbot226, Rockin, KevinM, Mr.Lombardi34

8.) What was the mole's order number in Challenge #3?
b.) 2 ------------------------------ Eor
c.) 3 ------------------------------ Mr.Lombardi34
d.) 4 ------------------------------ spam_master
e.) 5 ------------------------------ Handorin
f.) 6 ------------------------------ KevinM
g.) 8 ------------------------------ Evil Eye
h.) 9 ------------------------------ Drab Emordnilap
i.) 10 ----------------------------- smashbot226
j.) N/A ---------------------------- Rockin

9.) In what group was the mole in Challenge #3?
a.) The mole was good at Patterns. ------------- Eor, Evil Eye
b.) The mole was good at math. ----------------- spam_master, Mr.Lombardi34
c.) The mole was good for nothing. ------------- Drab Emordnilap, Handorin, smashbot226, KevinM
d.) The mole was untrustworthy. ---------------- Rockin

10.) Who is the mole?
a.) Eor
b.) EE
c.) KevinM
d.) Drab
e.) Spam
f.) Hando
h.) Mr. L
i.) Rockin
j.) smashbot

I did that first. Assigned all the answers to the questions to whoever they corresponded to, so that I could know who each guess was leaning towards.

Then I made sure everybody got plenty of points, except for EE and Eor, who I made sure didn't get any.

Code:
 1. f. June 29th
 2. g. Congo Blue
 3. a. Yes (or variant)
 4. f. yes
 5. a. $1,000
 6. e. Fifth
 7. b. No
 8. j. N/A
 9. c. The mole was good for nothing.
10. j. smashbot

Eor -------------- 0
EE --------------- 0
KevinM ----------- 4
Drab ------------- 3
Spam ------------- 3
Hando ------------ 3
Mr. L ------------ 3
Rockin ----------- 4
smashbot --------- 4
So, yeah. If I die, one of 'em is the mole. If not, they can be trusted to play with the team and help increase the pot.

Top Bottom