• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mog squad presents:The ultimate and final Mog/moogle thread.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I love the idea of having a generic Final Fantasy represantive in Brawl.

Most likely Moogle and Black Mage. They represent the FF series better than someone who was the main character in one game (in my opinion).

And I love the moveset you made. A little bit too strong, but I like it.

Maggirus

platnum

Smash Lord
I love the idea of having a generic Final Fantasy represantive in Brawl.

Most likely Moogle and Black Mage. They represent the FF series better than someone who was the main character in one game (in my opinion).

And I love the moveset you made. A little bit too strong, but I like it.

Maggirus
and that is my point right there!

squad?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
No, I don't want to join. Sry...

I remember in Final Fantasy: TA, I made a team only including Moogles. It was a good team, ok the muskets are too strong. They coud kill everything with a shot and they can poison/ultima/stop, everything.

Maggirus

platnum

Smash Lord
No, I don't want to join. Sry...

I remember in Final Fantasy: TA, I made a team only including Moogles. It was a good team, ok the muskets are too strong. They coud kill everything with a shot and they can poison/ultima/stop, everything.

Maggirus
as you can see, moogles can do more than just hand out items!take that deuceblade

blayde_axel

Smash Master
as you can see, moogles can do more than just hand out items!take that deuceblade
But according to you, it's just a generic spinoff. :p

Moogles can actually do more useful stuff. They were pretty necessary in Crystal Chronicles, with the holding of the Chalice and random Magics.

Still not saying he'll be the top choice. Cause he's not.

platnum

Smash Lord
But according to you, it's just a generic spinoff. :p

Moogles can actually do more useful stuff. They were pretty necessary in Crystal Chronicles, with the holding of the Chalice and random Magics.

Still not saying he'll be the top choice. Cause he's not.
top choice...maybe not. good choice for FF rep...**** YEAH

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I think generic FF-chars are also popular.

I know the Melee poll is old and ...stupid, but the 3rd-Party with the most votes was Chocobo.
(Second most Doraemon .... :ohwell: )

Moogle has really much abilities. They can have many jobs in FF:TA and in the new FF:T for DS, there are much more jobs.
(animists, black mages, thiefs, muskets, and much more)

Maggirus

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
1. Who the hell is del-boy? And why is he making Del Money look bad?
2. LOL @platnum thinking he "survived the Ridley wars"
everybody chill
No one is having a meltdown here.
I really hate puns.

4. With regards to the Mog/Sora dilemma, Sora being stamped with Disney makes him a much harder character for Sakurai to acquire.

However, Sora has much more populaity and meaning to the Square Enix world that a simple Mog does.

Mog's genericness doesn't really make him much of a stand-out that would be desired for Brawl.

However, it's genericness does indeed reinforce it's representation of Square-Enix/the FF franchise.

But here's the kicker, Chocobos are bigger FF icons than Mogs. I believe Chocobos would better represent the FF franchise as a generic than a Mog would.

And even still, they both have slim chances.

So basically, it boils down to...neither Sora, Mog, or Chocobo having a significant probability of joining the Brawl roster. But it order of descending chances for playability in Brawl...

Chocobo >= Sora > Mog (">=" means greater than or equal)

platnum

Smash Lord
1. Who the hell is del-boy? And why is he making Del Money look bad?
2. LOL @platnum thinking he "survived the Ridley wars"

I really hate puns.

4. With regards to the Mog/Sora dilemma, Sora being stamped with Disney makes him a much harder character for Sakurai to acquire.

However, Sora has much more populaity and meaning to the Square Enix world that a simple Mog does.

Mog's genericness doesn't really make him much of a stand-out that would be desired for Brawl.

However, it's genericness does indeed reinforce it's representation of Square-Enix/the FF franchise.

But here's the kicker, Chocobos are bigger FF icons than Mogs. I believe Chocobos would better represent the FF franchise as a generic than a Mog would.

And even still, they both have slim chances.

So basically, it boils down to...neither Sora, Mog, or Chocobo having a significant probability of joining the Brawl roster. But it order of descending chances for playability in Brawl...

Chocobo >= Sora > Mog (">=" means greater than or equal)
chocobo has assist trophy-ish traits imo. not to mention in the US moogles are slightly bigger than chocobos. sora's disney stamp makes him nearly impossible to get.

espio87

Smash Ace
I think platnum's point is that if mog were to make it, he would be a really unique character and he would be representing the FF series not only as an icon (like chocobo) but also as a playable character (after all he was playable in at least three FF games). It's true that chocobo starred it's own game but I think it would be harder to design a moveset for it.

Edit: ddn't see your above post platnum, I hope this helps at least

platnum

Smash Lord
I think platnum's point is that if mog were to make it, he would be a really unique character and he would be representing the FF series not only as an icon (like chocobo) but also as a playable character (after all he was playable in at least three FF games). It's true that chocobo starred it's own game but I think it would be harder to design a moveset for it.
thats pretty much it.

Im going to bed now.

Smash Apprentice
not to mention in the US moogles are slightly bigger than chocobos.
How do you figure?
sora's disney stamp makes him nearly impossible to get.
Please choose words carefully. "Nearly impossible"? Definitely no. Sora very possibly can be sought after and acquired as he IS a far more popular choice than a Mog. The Disney stamp just makes acquiring him more difficult than most other 3rd parties. But think about it from Disney's perspective...Sora didn't originate from a cartoon. Sora is purely a video game character. Would Disney really deny themselves the opportunity to sell out even more by allowing Sora into Brawl? The only thing lowering Sora's shot at being the big time Square-Enix rep is that Sakurai may feel it's more trouble than it's worth to pursue Sora.

I think platnum's point is that if mog were to make it, he would be a really unique character and he would be representing the FF series not only as an icon (like chocobo) but also as a playable character (after all he was playable in at least three FF games).
1. I hope you don't count FF7 as one of those games.
2. You say that as if a chocobo was never playable and/or never demonstrated moveset usable actions in FF games/spinoffs before. For the record, no I don't support Chocobos for Brawl either.
It's true that chocobo starred it's own game but I think it would be harder to design a moveset for it.
I'm not trying to sound like a douche, but moveset should be the last argument anyone resorts to in character speculation. Look at the melee roster if you think I'm lying.

espio87

Smash Ace
1. I hope you don't count FF7 as one of those games.
sorry, I meant FF6 and the tactics series.

I'm not trying to sound like a douche, but moveset should be the last argument anyone resorts to in character speculation. Look at the melee roster if you think I'm lying.
you're right about that argument. If I found out Mr Game & Watch was in Melee's roster before the game had come out I would probably have given the same reason, and look how he ended up: he's one of the most fun characters to play as. I still think it would be ackward for chocobo to be in the roster but I just can't explain well why. on the other hand, I don't feel ackward to see a moogle make it into the roster. a moveset greatly influences my opinion wether a character has chances or not of being in a smash game besides popularity and stuff.

Smash Apprentice
True. Any character with appendages is automatically exempt from having their chances lowered because of a moveset argument.

Chocobo is considered awkward because of how it stand. Yoshi stands the same way though. People may argue that Yoshi has paws and Chocobo s don't but how often does Yoshi use his paws in Melee. Apart from the standard A attack he doesn't use them at all (correct me if I'm overlooking another instance). I'm not saying Chocobo should be a Yoshi clone. Nor am I saying that a Chocobo has as many signature moves as Yoshi. But if Sakurai wants to make a Chocobo playable, he can definitely do it and I'm sure if would work out fine.

Though it's not by much, if you took a poll for gamers on which generic better represents Final Fantasy, more will say Chocobo than Mog. I don't really know why, but many consider Mog as a more of a back-prop and Chocobo as more integrated into gameplay.

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
Sora=disney=HARD TO GET THE RIGHTS TO!

mog=easier to get righs to and more fun to play as imo.
It's harder to get the rights for Mog because they don't even want them. Don't Disney/Square Enix co-own Sora? If that's the case, then all Square has to do is tell Disney that they are using Sora for Brawl and that's it. Disney doesn't have more power over the Sora character than Square Enix does.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
How the hell is Mog more likely than Sora when Sora is even on Sakurai's polls?
Because he had only one vote and have one vot does not mean anything and also they had characters that has never been on nintendo console ever and non-video game characters as well and so of them had more votes then Sora.

platnum

Smash Lord
True. Any character with appendages is automatically exempt from having their chances lowered because of a moveset argument.

Chocobo is considered awkward because of how it stand. Yoshi stands the same way though. People may argue that Yoshi has paws and Chocobo s don't but how often does Yoshi use his paws in Melee. Apart from the standard A attack he doesn't use them at all (correct me if I'm overlooking another instance). I'm not saying Chocobo should be a Yoshi clone. Nor am I saying that a Chocobo has as many signature moves as Yoshi. But if Sakurai wants to make a Chocobo playable, he can definitely do it and I'm sure if would work out fine.

Though it's not by much, if you took a poll for gamers on which generic better represents Final Fantasy, more will say Chocobo than Mog. I don't really know why, but many consider Mog as a more of a back-prop and Chocobo as more integrated into gameplay.
chocobo is a bird! yoshi has a tounge that works like a frog's tounge, chocobo lacks that.

also, chocobo in the core series is a ridding animal and little more, what kinda moveset could it have, when all it does is run around(mostly)?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
chocobo is a bird! yoshi has a tounge that works like a frog's tounge, chocobo lacks that.

also, chocobo in the core series is a ridding animal and little more, what kinda moveset could it have, when all it does is run around(mostly)?
I would also like to say that Yoshi uses his hands for items, something Chocobo lacks and Chocobos have never shown they can wield items in the main Final Fantasy series.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I know that Chocobo was the most requested third party in the Melee polls, but I don't know how it would work. I say it will porbably be an AT, but if Mog can't make it, good ol' Black Mage can fill in for him.

platnum

Smash Lord
Sonic = Mentioned in interviews and most wanted third party.

Mog = only wanted by three people on these boards, WOW!
If you think mog is un-popular, why dont you search moogle on photobucket...TONS OF FAN ART! then search chocobo, less fan art. as you can see, mog/moogle is more popular than chocobo on the internet.

platnum

Smash Lord
I don't hate Mog, I hate fanboys who can't come to terms with the fact that their character doesn't have a big chance of getting in or that that character doesn't have priority over more important characters.
Those facts are arguable, and it seems that you want everyone to think the same and conform to some lofty normality. just because we support an odd character doesnt mean you have to come in and try to crush our hopes and dreams! well I have news for you, IT WONT WORK!

platnum

Smash Lord
I don't hate Mog, I hate fanboys who can't come to terms with the fact that their character doesn't have a big chance of getting in or that that character doesn't have priority over more important characters.
Those facts are arguable, and it seems that you want everyone to think the same and conform to some lofty normality. just because we support an odd character doesnt mean you have to come in and try to crush our hopes and dreams! well I have news for you, IT WONT WORK and has no point!

vesperview

Smash Hero
Those facts are arguable, and it seems that you want everyone to think the same and conform to some lofty normality. just because we support an odd character doesnt mean you have to come in and try to crush our hopes and dreams! well I have news for you, IT WONT WORK!
Supporting =/= Arguing hopelessly that that character is a shoe in

The fact that you can't accept that Mog is not the first choice for an SE rep or that he doesn't have a big chance, shows your denial, it's ok to support off the wall characters like the Blooper supporters, but unlike you they do know that the chances for Blooper to make it are slim to none.

platnum

Smash Lord
Supporting =/= Arguing hopelessly that that character is a shoe in

The fact that you can't accept that Mog is not the first choice for an SE rep or that he doesn't have a big chance, shows your denial, it's ok to support off the wall characters like the Blooper supporters, but unlike you they do know that the chances for Blooper to make it are slim to none.
But why should i admit it! why cant you just leave us alone!

mog isnt a shoe-in but he is abit more likely than ALOT of FF characters.

Smash Apprentice
Now you're being absurd. I DARE you to quote me where I said Chocobo could be a Yoshi clone. What I SAID was that they have a similar posture and that they are both ridden animals, so learn to read.

sonic=0 votes

need i say more? also, megaman=2-3 votes(dont remember exact number) and was STILL deconfirmed!
Wow...1 post, 5 fails...
1. The counts on Sakurai's polls are mentions not votes. The more Sakurai mentions a character, the more popular that choice was.

2. Sonic didn't need mentioning. He was clearly the most requested 3rd party character and upon realizing this, Sakurai contacted Sega to await Sega's verdict.

3. Mega Man had 2 mentions.

4. Mega Man isn't deconfirmed. Stop being ignorant. Sakurai didn't provide any reasonable doubt against Mega Man's inclusion. The podcast means nothing either. No one can determine whether Inafune was telling the truth or not...and if anyone was to announce a character in Brawl or deconfirm them it would either be Sakurai in his updates, or the company would have flat out said "no" rather than give an non-straight, joking-toned answer. Am I saying Mega Man is in? No. But there's no concrete proof that he's deconfirmed...so find another bull**** conclusion to jump to.

5. You weren't even in the Ridley wars.

vesperview

Smash Hero
But why should i admit it! why cant you just leave us alone!
So out of pride you're not accepting it, but deep down you know it's true.

mog isnt a shoe-in but he is abit more likely than ALOT of FF characters.
He has the same chance as most FF characters, slim to none, but does he have priority over a lot of other FF characters? No, he doesn't.

platnum

Smash Lord
So out of pride you're not accepting it, but deep down you know it's true.

He has the same chance as most FF characters, slim to none, but does he have priority over a lot of other FF characters? No, he doesn't.
What defines priority, what proves that your definition of priority is correct, and what makes the chances of FF characters so slim?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Dang, Platnum get's no love, lol. Oh and about Mog; if Nintendo and Square simmer down, Mog can have an appareance in any shape or form.

Top Bottom