• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Protoman with the whistling is the only AT I'll accept for Classic Mega. Rush is move set or nothing at all. For X, Zero with some awesome laser sword slashing. But it's going to be Classic people, come on.
I think it could go either way in regards to which Mega Man character gets in.

Classic has the advantage of being the most popular and iconic sub-series of Mega Man as well as the one most people think about in regards to appearing in Smash. However, X is not to be ruled out because he has more to work with and could integrate into a fighting game better. Fans have also wanted X to be in a fighting game for a very long time and Smash would be a great way to give him a shot.

Really, it depends on what Sakurai and Capcom feels about the issue. My preference goes towards the Classic, but X is a really great choice as well.
Proto Man would be awesome as an AT, but Eddie would definitely make a lot of sense as one as well.
Perhaps Eddie can give out items when his Assist Trophy is open (I think he does that in the games, right?).

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
Yeah. He'd just appear from the AT and throw out 3-4 random items from his top like he does in the games (and then you keep resetting the screen until he finally gives you an E Tank or a life).

As for which version of Mega Man...I don't really care either way if it's Classic or X, either one would be really cool.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hate being the last poster of the previous page.

For a Theoretical Eddie assist he drops one of the following items. Opponents can still gran them if you aren't fast

Power Pellet: Restores 20%
Weapon Power: Gives a brief damage boost
E-Tank: Heals 100%
Extra Life (Super Rare): Gives an extra Stock or +1 point

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
More music suggestions(There's alot this time)

Character Themes
"Fight, X!" Megaman X's theme(MMX: Command Mission): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z984D3-Cs_I&list=PL4901C3EDBBFDC1EC&index=2
"X's theme" Megaman X2(MMX2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRJYxJfTzyk
Megman Volnutt's theme(TVC): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdusZWK608
"Stand by, Zero" Zero's theme(MMX: Command Mission): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk75wqm6p-4&list=PL4901C3EDBBFDC1EC&index=3
Zero's theme(MMX3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgxfG8-sZA
"Conflict ~ Escape Stage" Axl (MMX7): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxWC4jV57E8

Robot Master stage themes
Snakeman(MM3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpVIM8de2xw&list=PL4901C3EDBBFDC1EC&index=5
Shadowman(MM3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAwZS6Ksw0Q&list=PL4901C3EDBBFDC1EC&index=6
Splashwoman(MM9): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7qcJwJfyyk&list=PL4901C3EDBBFDC1EC
Magnetman(MM3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VofUOMNRI14&list=PL4901C3EDBBFDC1EC
Tornadoman(MM9): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTvjc12new0&list=PL4901C3EDBBFDC1EC
Magmaman(MM9): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCgsV4KNRd4&list=PL4901C3EDBBFDC1EC&index=4
Pharohman(MM4): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMR7Bdaln1k&list=PL4901C3EDBBFDC1EC&index=10
Skullman(MM4): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsnzkV8iVsQ&list=PL4901C3EDBBFDC1EC&index=11
"Hypo-thermal Jazz" Coldman(MM&B): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8k1_7wtVN8

Other

Boss Theme Megaman Network Transmission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTxi7dArQyc

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think it could go either way in regards to which Mega Man character gets in.

Classic has the advantage of being the most popular and iconic sub-series of Mega Man as well as the one most people think about in regards to appearing in Smash. However, X is not to be ruled out because he has more to work with and could integrate into a fighting game better. Fans have also wanted X to be in a fighting game for a very long time and Smash would be a great way to give him a shot.
Maybe it's because I never really cared for the X series after X3 or that I lack vision for what X could do, but won't lie, I do have the urge to start drawing lines between the two characters, Stupid Self control.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, hey. Can I post the updated version of that Starforce Megaman moveset I made a while back? if the post is too large I'll put it in a spoiler tag if needed.

D

Deleted member

Oh, hey. Can I post the updated version of that Starforce Megaman moveset I made a while back? if the post is too large I'll put it in a spoiler tag if needed.
Sounds good. Wish I could get some help with how to understand the spoiler system as well. It seems as even when I put in just one collapse tag, no matter what happens, two spoiler tags come out (this happened when I tried to put ChronoBound's move set on the OP).

Anyway, I'll make sure to put your move set on the OP once it is posted.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok, here's the updated Starforce Megaman moveset. I had copied and pasted what I have already done in the "Make Your Move" thread. I'll put it in a spoiler tag. So just about every thing you see there, is here in this moveset.

Note: I might add basic history on Geo/Omega-Xis/Megaman another time.

Play-Style Idea
Geo's playstyle should mostly be focused on being able to rush down the opponent with close range attacks, as he has a variety of close range battle cards from his games as well as his partner Omega-Xis. Megaman, in his many incarnations is known for his vast pool of long range attacks, while the moveset SFMM is mostly rush-down from what I have in mind I also have a certain "gimmick" in mind that can represent the gun-play aspect of Megaman as well. It should be noted that, while SFMM has slightly better horizontal K.O. game, but has a couple combos dedicated to vertical combat.

Basic Character(s) History
Coming Soon....Maybe.

Stats

Overall: Megaman should be a character with balanced stats across the board. The only major stat he should be lacking in is his air movement. While the only two stats that are noticeably higher are his jumping height and weight.

Ground Speed 6/10: Megaman should have some decent ground speed to make sure he can keep himself as close to, or as far from, any opponents as he needs to be.

Air Speed 4/10: In order to balance his above average ground speed Megaman should have a little bit trouble in the air.

Size: 5.5/10: This version of Megaman should be slightly taller than Peach.

Weight 7/10: Megaman might be a kid, but he's wearing armor so he should be heavier than average.

Fall Speed 5/10: Megaman should have average falling speed.

Jump Height 7/10: Having come from a franchise that mostly revolves around platforming, it would kinda make sense that any form of Megaman is good at jumping.

Traction 6/10: Megaman should have slightly above average traction.

Extra Stuff: Megaman's extra traits are similar to other Megamen, namely X. Megaman should be able to jump off of walls similar to some other Megaman characters. Unlike Diddy Kong Megaman dosen't stick to the walls, rather he has the ability to slide down on the wall slowly.

Here's what he looks like as Megaman

Here's what Omega-Xis,his EM-being partner looks like:

Moveset-wise, Omega-Xis can mostly serve as Geo's "finisher weapon" most of the moves that would involve Omega-Xis somewhat slow but very powerful. Meaning that they are the most useful for K.O.s.
Starforce Megaman Moveset:

The main reason I chose this Megaman is I thought that it'd be interesting to see how it would turn out. Most Megaman movesets are either Classic Megaman, Megaman X or Megaman EXE. So I wanted to try something "different".
A moves

AAA: First Megaman does a basic jab right hand then he attacks using a move similar to the syncro hook his left, and does a kick to the gut. Each hit does 5% damage. Last hit has a little knockback. This should just be a basic combo, nothing too special about it. Each of the attacks should somewhat fast, about as fast as Mario's AAA combo.

Forward + A: A quick roundhouse kick. Does about 8% damage. Decent horizontal knockback. This attack, if timed correctly should be able to combo into his basic three hit combo. This should be his second fastest A move on the ground. This move can also serve for poking the opponent.

Up + A: Megaman slashes his sword upward. Does around 11%. Decent vertical knockback. Like his forward A, it can be comboed in to his basic three hit attacks. This is meant so serve as an alternative basic combo for those that prefer vertical combos. This move is his slowest Non-Smash A move, it's main advantage is its larger than average hitbox.

Down + A: A quick low kick that does about 9%. Very, very little knockback. This move is pretty much meant for poking your opponent getting in a little bit of damage. In order to serve as a decent poke move this move is very quick, For comparison, It should be faster than Luigi's Down+A. The attack also has more range than Luigi's as Megaman sticks his leg out further.

Dash + A: Megaman does a sliding kick,similar to Classic Megaman that deals 7% of damage. Decent knockback. This slide kick should be a bit faster than Mario's and it should have slightly more range too.

Forward Smash: Megaman summons Omega-Xis to use the Beast Slash. Uncharged does 15% damage, full charge does 30% damage. Sends the enemy flying horizontally. This Smash attack should take about 2-3 seconds to fully charge, and it serves as one of his main KO moves.

The animation of Megaman's Forward Smash should look similar to the Beast Slash in the Starforce games. Omega-Xis lunges ahead of Megaman and slashes about the enemy.

Up + Smash: Megaman does a backflip kick. Uncharged does 11% damage, full charge does 22%. Sends the enemy flying up into the sky.

Down + Smash: Megaman does a powerful sweep kick. Uncharged does 13%, full charge does 26%. Decent knockback. This should be his weakest Smash move, in terms of knockback. As it mainly serves to keep enemies off your back instead acting as a finsiher.

B moves

B: Mega-Buster: Megaman uses his signature arm cannon to shoot people up.The Mega-Buster has three levels of power, uncharged, semi-charge, and full-charge. Uncharged shots have the smallest hitbox, they can be shot quickly while moving. Of course, its also the weakest, only dealing 5% damage per shot. Uncharged shots have little to no knockback. Uncharged shots are about the same size as uncharged Super-Scope shots and are yellow and gold. Holding the B-button down for about 1 second Megaman can shoot a semi-charged shot. Semi-charged shots are about 1 1/2 times larger and deal 13% damage per shot. Holding the B-button down for about 3 seconds Megaman can shoot a fully-charged shot. Semi-charged shots are the same two shades of green as Omega-Xis' aura. Fully-charged shots are the largest and are shot at the same speed when shot. Fully charged shots deal 23% damage and sent the enemy flying horizontally. The fully charge shots are colored blue and light-blue. The fully-charge shots are about the same size as Samus' full-charge shot. The shots fired from the Mega-Buster are about as fast as Falco's blaster. No matter the charge level, the buster shots can fired at the same speed once the B-Button is no longer held. The buster shots have the same range as Falco's blaster as well, regardless of charge level. The Mega-Buster shots explode on contact, no matter the charge level of the buster shot. it should be noted that unlike Samus, letting go of the B-button will release the buster shot.

Weapon Changing/Taunting: This is an idea that is normally seen in quite a few Megaman fan-movesets but, honestly; I think its a good idea. We already have taunts that do damage(albeit very little)so having taunts that can alter or enhance special attacks seems like the next step. Here's the idea I have for the weapon changing.

Up-Taunt: Switch to Plasma Gun: By pressing the Up Button on the D-Pad, Geo will hold a Battle Card above his head that will brightly glow yellow/golden. Once he does this Geo's Mega-Buster will change into the Plasma Gun. The Plama Gun shoots a ball of electric energy at the opponent. The Plasma Gun does the same amount of damage as the semi-charge shot(13%). But the Plasma Gun is a bit slower and has slightly and has 10% less range. The Plasma Gun can't be charged, so you'll constantly have the raw power of the semi-charge shot, but with less speed and range. The main advantage of the Plasma Gun however, is to stun foes when fired for about 1 second. This will leave enemies wide open for a finishing attack. The secondary advantage for the Plasma Gun is that is can pass through enemies instead of exploding on contact. Meaning that if you have good timing you can hit 2 or even 3 enemies with a plasma shot, giving you the change to take out multiple opponents. Pressing Up-Taunt again while the Plasma Gun is equipped will cause Geo to hold another Battle Card above his head, this time it will glow the same two light green colors as Omega-Xis' aura. This indicates that you've switched back to the Mega-Buster.

The Plasma Shot's Buster on Megaman's arm should look kinda like this:

Side-Taunt: Switch to Mech Flame: By pressing the Left Button or Right Button on the D-pad, Geo will draw a Battle Card and hold it right in front of him and it will glow red/orange. This signifies you switched to the Mech Flame. Pressing and holding the B Button with the Mech Flame equipped will cause Megaman to spray a continuous stream of fire from his buster. You can hold the attack for 4 seconds as the flame fades away slowly. The attack does 3 hits per second and does 2% per hit. So attacking an enemy with the Mech Flame at full power deals 24% damage. Unlike Bowser or Charizard, Megaman's Mech Flame is shot straight in front of him. This gives this attack more horizontal range. But it can be a it hard to enemies on lower levels. Pressing either of the Side-Taunt buttons on the D-pad while the Mech Flame is equipped will cause Geo to draw a Battle Card and hold it right in front of him and it will glow the same two light green colors as Omega-Xis' aura. This means that the Mega-Buster has been re-equipped.

The Mech Flame's Buster on Megaman's arm should look kinda like this:

Down-Taunt: Switch to Chain Bubble: By pressing the Down Button on the D-Pad, Geo will draw a Battle card and hold it behind him. The card will glow navy/blue this means that the Chain Bubble gun is equipped. When the Chain Bubble is shot in 3 directions, forward, up-forward, and down-forward. Each Chain Bubble shot has he same range as Ness' PK Fire. Each Chain Bubble deals 7% damage per shot. Each Chain Bubble explodes on contact. The biggestadvantage of the Chain Bubble is to hit enemies on higher and lower levels. Pressing the Down Button on the D-Pad while the Chain Bubble is equipped Geo will draw a Battle card and hold it behind him. and it will glow the same two light green colors as Omega-Xis' aura. This means that the Mega-Buster has been re-equipped.

Forward + B: Million Kick: In the Megaman Starforce games, Megaman can obtain a powerful move called the Million Kick, where he does a flurry of kicks at blinding speeds. You can keep attacking by pressing the B-button repeatedly while holding forward. The Million Kick does 6% per hit, but has very little knockback. Mostly used for Edge-Guarding and racking up damage for a finishing move. Megaman stands still when using this move, both on the ground and in mid-air. This move can also be done right after the AAA combo, if you have the right timing. This move can be comboed into some mid-air moves such as Up+Air, Neutral+Air, and Forward+Air. In terms of speed this is the fastest move in all of Megaman's moveset.
This is what the Million Kick looks like:

Up + B: Heat Upper: Another attack seen in the Starforce Games, Megaman hand is lit on fire and he uppercuts the enemy. This can work as a vertical recovery attack. The attack would do 9 hits, with the first 8 hits dealing 2%(16% in total)damage each and the last hit dealing 5% damage. Has decent knockback. This move can work well for vertical K.O.s.

Down + B: Tornado Dance: Another attack Megaman can use in the Starforce games. Megaman spins his whole body around so quickly that his body is wrapped in a tornado. This move can work kinda like Metaknight's Mach Tornado. The Tornado Dance does 10 hits, with each hit dealing 2% or 3% damage. This move's secondary function should as a horizontal recovery. The Tornado Dance can rack up damage quickly, to make up for its lack of knockback or K.O. potential.

The Tornado Dance should look as flashy as the Battle Card picture.

Mid-Air Moves

A(in mid-air): Megaman kicks forward dealing 9% damage that has a little bit of knockback. Think of this kick being similar to Mario's Neutral Air, but the kick has a bit more range, since Geo is a bit taller.

Forward+Air: Megaman summons Omega-Xis and punches forward. The attack deals 13% damage. Decent horizontal knockback. This attack's main advantage is that the attack has a large hitbox making it easier to hit enemies. The biggest drawback of this move is its speed. Given the decent damage output and the large hitbox, this is Megaman's slowest move.

Back+Air: Megaman does a spinning horizontal slash with his sword that deals 10% damage, this move has decent knockback. This move mostly serves as a means to push the enemy back in order to keep your distance, if you want to rely on long range combat. Holding down the A button will have Megaman continually spin while descending. But he will descend faster than normal.

Up+Air: Megaman attacks with a backflip kick. does around 12% damage that has little bit of knockback. The main purpose of this move will keep the enemy in mid-air a bit longer, though it should be a bit risky as Megaman's mid-air game is his main drawback.

Down+Air: Megaman does a dive kick that does 12% damage that has decent vertical knockback. This move mostly serves as a way to keep Megaman on the ground. This move can be canceled into Tornado Dance as well as the Heat Upper.

Throws

Throw+A: Megaman punches whoever he grabs in the gut. Each hit does 4%

Throw+Forward: Megaman shoots his buster at close range dealing 11% damage. This throw has a little bit knockback. This is just the basic throw, nothing too flashy.

Throw+Back: Megaman summons Omega-Xis behind him, who chucks the enemy behind him very quickly. dealing 14% damage. This throw has great horizontal knockback. This is the throw mostly used to get in any quick knockouts, it doesn't do much damage but makes up for it with being able to send the enemy flying.

Throw+Up: Megaman Summons Omega-Xis who then, strikes the enemy with a quick slash that deals 12% damage. this throw has great vertical knockback.This throw, while not quit as good as the back throw should be available to those who prefer vertical knockouts.

Throw+Down: Megaman summons Omega-Xis, who then grabs the enemy with both hands and slams them down, This throw does 24% damage, making it the strongest throw, but it has no knockback. This throw is mostly mean for racking up damage or to serve at the end of a basic ground combo.

Final Smash

(Option 1)Zerker Form:
I chose Zerker Form as its one of the easier forms to implement in the game, without changing his gameplay style too drastically. Zerker Form can more or less work in a similar manner as Wario-Man. Instead of unleashing a single powerful attack, Megaman cranks all of his attacks to 11 for a relatively short amount of time(about 15-25 seconds)and he becomes completely invincible during the Final Smash. Each of Megaman's Zerker Form attacks deal 3 times as much damage as his normal form. However there are a few differences when it comes to his moveset when in this form. Megaman's Forward Smash in no longer the Beast Slash that he uses with Omega-Xis. Instead its the Zerker Form's signature attack, the Thunder Slash. The Thunder Slash has Megaman grab his sword with both hands, and he slams down the blade with great force. Another move that is changed is his Forward+Air, Megaman no longer uses Omega-Xis for this attack, instead Megaman stabs forward with his blade with great force. Megaman's basic AAA combo is also changed. Instead of punching twice and then kicking, Megaman slashes horizontally, then vertically, then boots the enemy forward. Each hit of this forms AAA, deals 15% damage per hit. Even with another weapon equipped, Megaman will switch back to the Mega-Buster, once the Final Smash was activated. Like all of his other moves, the Mega-Buster will deal 3 times as much damage. The Mega-Buster also gains an electric spark effect while in Zerker Form.

I might make other Final Smash Ideas for Saurian, Ninja, and Black Ace forms.

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
Out of curiosity, what would you guys think if Mega Man's final smash was the Time Stopper or a similar move? Like, he'd freeze the other opponents in place for a limited amount of time (possibly represented by a weapon energy gauge ticking down) and be able to attack them at his leisure until the time expired.

It could be made unique from other opponent stopping moves by having knockback calculated after the effect ended, which I guess means you could spread your attacking out to have all the other opponents fly back a little or focus on a single opponent for a sure-fire KO.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Out of curiosity, what would you guys think if Mega Man's final smash was the Time Stopper or a similar move? Like, he'd freeze the other opponents in place for a limited amount of time (possibly represented by a weapon energy gauge ticking down) and be able to attack them at his leisure until the time expired.

It could be made unique from other opponent stopping moves by having knockback calculated after the effect ended, which I guess means you could spread your attacking out to have all the other opponents fly back a little or focus on a single opponent for a sure-fire KO.
That'd be kinda cool, but seems it could be a bit broken on smaller stages.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
I'm in full suport, though I initially didn't want Megaman in the game. I wanted Dante, but now I know the flaws, but thats besides the point. Now into the actual topic :)!

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
Haha, thanks. Mega Man is pretty much the only character I'm super invested in for this game, so hopefully he gets in.

PressStart

Smash Cadet
Holy cow this thread (and board?) have transformed! Sorry for being out of the loop for so long... I just happened to check my (admittingly dead) site's (never was alive) forums for kicks and BAM I see all this coolness! Thanks a bunch for the link; I've only skimmed over stuff so I'm going to have to go back and check things more thoroughly. The opening post seems amazing now, though!

Hope I don't lose track of this again... I still really want Mega Man to show up in Smash Bros. 4, more than anything! I've had some ideas for site updates (like maybe adding an informative list of available fangames), so hopefully I can revive it from the dead. I'm also trying to finish up a tough semester though, so forgive me if I go missing again (I'd be back to obsess over this in the summer!)

D

Deleted member

Updated the OP with the thekewlusername's move set and the musics he suggested. Can't wait to finally get the main sections all done along with the counterarguments on detractions made against Mega Man (as well as comparing other third-parties to Mega Man).
Thanks buddy. I hope we would see Megaman in the game. Also, good luck on the thread :).
You're welcome. And I can assure you that even after my counter arguments and comparison sections are up, I am far from done with this thread.
Haha, thanks. Mega Man is pretty much the only character I'm super invested in for this game, so hopefully he gets in.
Same with me as well. I also really want to see Mewtwo and King K. Rool get in, but at this rate, they're among the most likely newcomers to get in, plus they have plenty of supporters defending their inclusion whenever possible. Mega Man is more uncertain due to his third-party status and I noticed that a lot of his fans are becoming demoralized about him (especially on GameFAQs). If nothing is done about the pessimism of fans in regards to Mega Man and Smash, I worry that the fan base will start to collapse as supporters try to flock to other third-parties as substitutes (I wouldn't be surprised if Pac-Man got some of his support from demoralized Mega Man fans, though I would not put much stock into this hypothesis).

This thread was the ultimate deciding factor in me deciding to take over as the OP of this thread. I noticed that ever since I came back from my brief hiatus from late January to late February of this year that the fan base (at least on GameFAQs) have become considerably demoralized. This is even taking into account Mega Man being the most wanted newcomer, Sakurai's noticing his popularity for Smash all the way back in pre-Melee, some interest from Capcom of Japan being present (we know at least Ono wants Mega Man in Smash and so far, we haven't heard anything otherwise), and being an icon. To see fans slowly give up on him concerns me because at this rate, Mega Man needs every supporter he can get for Smash 4.

I don't expect this support group to get Mega Man in SSB4 (saying otherwise is foolish), yet there's no point sitting around and doing nothing. I want this thread to be more than just a support thread, I want this to unite supporters of Mega Man for SSB4 and to transform this into a community within the Smash Bros. fan base (without turning into a rabid fan base that plague pre-Brawl Smashboards threads like Geno, Ridley and Lyn). To see this support group stand out for reasons other than internet drama would truly be remarkable and it may just be possible.
PressStart said:
Holy cow this thread (and board?) have transformed! Sorry for being out of the loop for so long... I just happened to check my (admittingly dead) site's (never was alive) forums for kicks and BAM I see all this coolness! Thanks a bunch for the link; I've only skimmed over stuff so I'm going to have to go back and check things more thoroughly. The opening post seems amazing now, though!

Hope I don't lose track of this again... I still really want Mega Man to show up in Smash Bros. 4, more than anything! I've had some ideas for site updates (like maybe adding an informative list of available fangames), so hopefully I can revive it from the dead. I'm also trying to finish up a tough semester though, so forgive me if I go missing again (I'd be back to obsess over this in the summer!)
Reminds you a lot of the Mega Man 4 intro, doesn't it?

I can already notice that this thread has a much different atmosphere than when it was under KishSquared, especially in regards to being more vibrant. Not to mention that the transformation isn't even completed yet.

I plan on trying to expand the support topic beyond that of just this thread. I also want to bring this support group to other websites as well as inform other people of this on YouTube. Knowing myself, I have one shot to get this right and to bring together the one thing that may separate fans from each other (being on different websites) can be broken and have the support group combine into a beast of it's own.

Anyway, totally glad to see you back here. I look forward to seeing more updates on the Mega Man for SSB4 website as well as how this group expands beyond just a support thread.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Never been a big Megaman fan, but if he gets in I WOULD WANT X, but I expect classic.

But I wouldn't be TOO confident on his inclusion if he isn't in the trailer. Well, I don't know. Actually.

I guess if we knew Sonic and Snake were also coming back, and we got no 3rd party/another 3rd party in the trailer, THEN YES, I would not expect him. But if we somehow knew Sonic and Snake were byeybye, AND we got a different 3rd party in the trailer then I would say he still has a chance. BUTBUTBUTBUT IF we find out no Sonic, no Snake, and no third party revealed in the trailer, then I would expect no third party characters in general.

tl;dr
Chart of possible scenarios and how likely I think Megaman is after them:
Sonic and Snake confirmed, New third party character in trailer: Real low chance
New third Party, Sonic and Snake deconfirmed: Still has a chance
No new third party newcomer revealed: Not likely in my books. Regardless of Sonic and Snakes inclusion.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't see why Snake and Sonic's presence would mean Megamaan is less likely. Sakurai said he's toning down the third party stuff but that could just mean they're only adding one new one.

Besides, I always felt MM's reveal would go like this

"Mario and Sonic are fighting on Battlefield, Sonic gets in a few hits but then Snake appears from a cardboard box and knocks him across the stage. Sonic is outnumbered but he just smirks and looks upward. Then the level start music plays a blue light appears that becomes MEGAMAN."

Reference to both how Snake hates Sonic and the recent Sonic/Megaman crossover comics :D

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't see why Snake and Sonic's presence would mean Megamaan is less likely. Sakurai said he's toning down the third party stuff but that could just mean they're only adding one new one.
Licensing ****. I don't know if Sakurai wants to tackle SEGA, Konami, Capcom, and a fourth company. In fact, I'm sure he would HATE to have to tackle that legal mumbo jumbo. So if we have three characters confirmed, one being not Megaman, the other two being Sonic and Snake, I just feel you shouldn't get your hopes up..

D

Deleted member

Never been a big Megaman fan, but if he gets in I WOULD WANT X, but I expect classic.

But I wouldn't be TOO confident on his inclusion if he isn't in the trailer. Well, I don't know. Actually.

I guess if we knew Sonic and Snake were also coming back, and we got no 3rd party/another 3rd party in the trailer, THEN YES, I would not expect him. But if we somehow knew Sonic and Snake were byeybye, AND we got a different 3rd party in the trailer then I would say he still has a chance. BUTBUTBUTBUT IF we find out no Sonic, no Snake, and no third party revealed in the trailer, then I would expect no third party characters in general.

tl;dr
Chart of possible scenarios and how likely I think Megaman is after them:
Sonic and Snake confirmed, New third party character in trailer: Real low chance
New third Party, Sonic and Snake deconfirmed: Still has a chance
No new third party newcomer revealed: Not likely in my books. Regardless of Sonic and Snakes inclusion.
Have to admit, a nice surprise seeing you in here. :)

As for the scenarios, here are my thoughts on it:

I don't think that a new third-party would kill Mega Man's odds in Smash 4 (well, okay, if a Capcom rep aside from Mega Man got announced, he's good as deconfirmed, but it's not like Sakurai will add a non-Mega Man Capcom rep), even if Sonic and Snake returns. Sakurai considers third-parties based on their own merits and if he feels as Snake, Sonic, Mega Man and another third-party are worthy of a spot, as long as the company is willing to negotiate with Sakurai on the matter, he will add them. Granted, four third-party characters are definitely not a likely scenario, but it could happen (although I'm mainly saying this because I do think Layton has a very real chance of getting in as well). So if Sonic, Snake and a new third-party were to get confirmed before Mega Man, his chances would be hurt (obviously) but not completely thrown away.

If we get no new third-parties (of if Sakurai is axing them), Sakurai will likely deconfirm their present early on (just like how he quickly confirmed that cuts would be happening in Brawl and that there would be only one to two new third-parties after Snake). Third-parties are going to be something that everyone wants to know about, so if we're not getting third-parties (or at least just Sonic and/or Snake back), it'd be good to deconfirm them early on. I also expect Sonic and Snake to be deconfirmed early on if we don't get them yet get Mega Man/new third-party confirmed at E3.

I'd also like to hear your thoughts on if one of Snake/Sonic (not both as one gets confirmed and the other gets deconfirmed) and a new third-party character got confirmed. Would you feel similar odds for Mega Man as you would if a new third-party character gets revealed but Sonic and Snake are cut?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I just feel after his rather obvious grievences with the whole third party idea, he just isn't going to go overboard. So, I truly believe we will have 3 third party characters max. Let us never forget this heafty quote:
Adding characters from other series and from other worlds, really, outside the Nintendo universe, is an incredibly difficult process. In some ways it's more difficult from just building a game from the ground up because you're really trying to make everything match and in some ways that creates limitations. I hope that people can understand that's the reason we can't include more characters from outside the Nintendo universe. And, of course, I believe that when you increase the number of worlds, you're also increasing the number of people who could potentially enjoy that videogame and the series that you're putting in there. But there are also problems because having these non-traditional characters in there -- even with just Snake and Sonic -- has resulted in a number of people who do dissent in seeing these characters put into the Smash series. It's not a simple matter of adding as many worlds and characters from other games as possible -- you can't be careless in doing that sort of thing, you have to be careful. Internally and externally, there have been people who have raised objections to it.
I suppose I believe if Megaman isn't shown at E3, his chances of being in the game drop dramatically. FOR ME, at least

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well let's just hope for the best on the licencing front, huh?

Anyway, what would the victory music be, the level start or robot master defeated music from Megaman 2?

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: If there is one quote that I don't forget in regards to third-parties, it is that one. It's why I've always been of the opinion that Sakurai will only pick the very best choice available to him if we get a new third-party (along with his "narrowing down" quote). Because of this quote, it should explain why I tend to be very hard on potential third-parties in general (especially after coming back from my 1st hiatus on April of last year) and why I never felt as Namco Bandai working with Nintendo increased the odds of us getting a Namco character. The only third-parties that I feel are realistic contenders are Mega Man and Layton and that's because Mega Man is the only third-party character I could see Sakurai going after and as for Layton, because I really do think Hino is going to push hard for his inclusion. As for everyone else, while there are a few more possibilities out there (Pac-Man, Geno and maybe Ryu Hayabusa), I just don't see Sakurai having interest and I don't see the respective third-parties going out of their way to push for their inclusion.

I do agree that three third-parties is most likely all we're getting considering how hard it is to get third-parties. Still, I do think four third-parties has an off-chance of happening if they were to consist of Sonic, Snake, Mega Man and Layton. But we'll have to agree to disagree there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll just put this here. There's a drive on Lego Cuusoo to make Mega Man Lego. It's at this link and needs supporters to pass. Naturally it'll still need to pass licencing who-ha and all that but they need the 10,000 supporters first.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of Megaman X, does anyone have any moveset ideas? I've got a few ideas but not a full-fledged moveset. The only real issue is coming up with normal attacks that aren't similar to Zero. Granted I have some ideas, but I'm lost on mid-air attacks. Special moves won't be too hard though, seeing as how Megaman X has enough close range specials to work for his B-moves.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Megaman X, does anyone have any moveset ideas? I've got a few ideas but not a full-fledged moveset. The only real issue is coming up with normal attacks that aren't similar to Zero. Granted I have some ideas, but I'm lost on mid-air attacks. Special moves won't be too hard though, seeing as how Megaman X has enough close range specials to work for his B-moves.
I think they could incorporate Wall Jump into his move set. We know that the classic version isn't capable of wall jumping, so it'd be one thing that could separate the two (along with X being more agile than Classic).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think they could incorporate Wall Jump into his move set. We know that the classic version isn't capable of wall jumping, so it'd be one thing that could separate the two (along with X being more agile than Classic).
Yeah, I can definitely see Megaman X being an agile being able to wall jump and possibly wall dash too. I could see some of Megaman X's normal punches and kicks being similar to Megaman's in Marvel vs Capcom.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Technically Classic could wall jump in Power Battle/Fighters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll just put this here. There's a drive on Lego Cuusoo to make Mega Man Lego. It's at this link and needs supporters to pass. Naturally it'll still need to pass licencing who-ha and all that but they need the 10,000 supporters first.
Eh, I don't like the robot master choices they picked.

Though I am looking forward to that Back to the future one

D

Deleted member

thekewlusername said:
Yeah, I can definitely see Megaman X being an agile being able to wall jump and possibly wall dash too. I could see some of Megaman X's normal punches and kicks being similar to Megaman's in Marvel vs Capcom.
I do know that in X6, they integrated a new armor for X in the game. Could work as a transformation of some sort (Final Smash idea?).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I do know that in X6, they integrated a new armor for X in the game. Could work as a transformation of some sort (Final Smash idea?).
To be fair, nearly all of Megaman X's armors can work for a Final Smash. If an armor was picked it either would be his first armor, given that it's well, the first and was in three different games. The second most likely armor is the ultimate armor since it was in like 3 or 4 Megaman X games.

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
Wasn't the Ultimate Armor in every X game from 4 on? Or was it not in X7 and X8, they're the only ones I haven't played.

D

Deleted member

So I've decided to ask Sven if I could create a Mega Man for SSB4 group over at Capcom-Unity.

And before anyone ask, I PM'd him saying that the group would not be intending for Capcom to ask Sakurai about Mega Man for SSB4, just a group where people can discuss a possible Mega Man appearance in SSB4.

I'm probably not going to get the group accepted (haven't created it yet, waiting for his approval), but I felt it was worth a try. If in the off-chance he does approve it, I'll be creating a Mega Man for SSB4 group over there (and will be linking it to this site in order to link Mega Man supporters from all over the Internet).

As for other places, I know that I will be creating a GameFAQs version soon, once my counterarguments are finally posted. I may also bring this to Neoseeker. I also want to see if I can get the group linked to Mega Man forums as well and advertise it on YouTube.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wasn't the Ultimate Armor in every X game from 4 on? Or was it not in X7 and X8, they're the only ones I haven't played.
The Ultimate armor for MMX wasn't in X7, but it was in X8, though it looked a bit different. It still was black and purple.

D

Deleted member

Well let's just hope for the best on the licencing front, huh?

Anyway, what would the victory music be, the level start or robot master defeated music from Megaman 2?
It would be an orchastrated version of the Robot Master defeat theme (though I would much prefer the one from the first game over the 2nd one). The level start theme, which more iconic, doesn't mesh well as a victory theme at all.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well it's never too late to start y'know. Capcom's releasing the original 6 Megaman games on the 3DS. If you have a 3DS anyways...
I took your advice and am now playing the first Megaman on my 3DS.
Blasted Elecman......

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I took your advice and am now playing the first Megaman on my 3DS.
Blasted Elecman......
Did you beat Cutman yet? If I'm right, Cutman's weapon should be Elecman's weakness. If you didn't beat Cutman, using just the Mega-buster should be enough to beat Cutman.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
mo' music!

Mega Man Network Transmission - Zero Gravity Area (StarMan's Stage)

Thanks!

EDIT:
To whoever wrote the profile for Geo Stelar. (Star Force Mega Man)
Weight 7/10: Megaman might be a kid, but he's wearing armor so he should be heavier than average.
The armor is made of Omega-xis, who is a weightless electromagnetic entity!

That said, if he can teleport during gameplay, that's like weightlessness in its own way, and might be sufficient enough to convey what he is despite being heavy.

PressStart

Smash Cadet
It would be an orchastrated version of the Robot Master defeat theme (though I would much prefer the one from the first game over the 2nd one). The level start theme, which more iconic, doesn't mesh well as a victory theme at all.
Ha, this is something I've thought about a lot.
-Some Smash Bros. characters victory fanfare is the equivalent "stage clear" song from one of their games (Mario, DK)
-Some characters instead use a snippet from the main theme of one of their games (Pikachu, Marth)
-Some use other victorious fanfare or music from their game (Samus, Wario)
-Some are made up (Game & Watch)

There's no question that Mega Man's iconic "stage clear" song that originated in Mega Man 2 would be what everyone expects (in a good way!). It was used in most Mega Man games afterwards (with exceptions like 3, and usually without the beginning part) and has become a staple of the Classic series. It was even his -custom- victory theme in Marvel Vs. Capcom. I would personally like the Mega Man 2 version with the intro part that really builds it up, because it is a short tune otherwise. Orchestra or guitars would be nice!

HOWEVER, the "game start" theme (music when choosing a Robot Master's stage) -is- an even more iconic fanfare from the Mega Man series. It started all the way back in the original Mega Man, got revamped in Mega Man 2, came back even stronger in Mega Man 4, was not only employed in Mega Man 7 but also used to introduce Mega Man wearing his correct helmet (as if it was his personal fanfare), then used in all games following. While I agree it is not known as a victorious theme, there's nowhere else this famous tune could go, and I could see developers putting it to use rather than leaving it behind completely (unless it played with like, a teleported item that summoned Robot Masters and -ohmygod-).

It may not be as famous, but I do like the original Mega Man's stage clear music, as it is very triumphant. There's also some good "all stage clear" and "item get" themes.

Only slightly related, but I'm really hoping for the impossible: Electrical Communication for his debut trailer!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Electrical Communication? Was that the Anime theme in Megaman 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom