• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The 'Mains' Advice Thread

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
https://twitter.com/kameme8808/status/758532781248884738 This is Kameme's MU chart for Megaman It should be useful

https://twitter.com/circa_6wx/status/721120206144335872?lang=en 6WX's Sonic MU chart

Bad Matchups they share: RosaLuma and Fox are the main ones I see the rest you should be able to alternate characters to guarantee a near even matchup, there should not be any Matchup problems besides these 2 characters the rest you need to learn the MU.

As for dealing with Fox and RosaLuma Cloud is you best bet he goes around even with Fox and Beats RosaLuma and is a very viable pocket that would help you alongside your mains.

Recommended Composition: Main :4megaman: Secondary :4sonic: Pocket :4cloud:

Also how is Charizard a "all rounder" because he is suiper heavy lackluster recover and hits hard, he would seem to me as in a more extreme category not a "all rounder"

Your posts are also confusing me I never saw when you said you dropped Sonic and the previous "pockets and secondaries" are disappearing as well...... What I remember is that you had a Sonic Megaman if I am incorrect and I can edit this post.

Again I must repeat "not every MU you struggle demands a character switch there are times when you need to suck it up and learn the MU."

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
DeltaForce DeltaForce the reason I dropped :4sonic: is because that duo of :4megaman::4sonic: loses to :4zss::4fox: who are 2 of mega man's worst matchups. I disagree with kameme and 6wx on their mu charts. So I'd rather go with someone better (either :4cloud2::4mario::4marth:or:4zss:) who loses to only 1 of the bad matchups mega man has. And since they all only lose one, I wanna pick the one who will cover the holes in mega mans moveset and playstyle. Things he loses to other than match ups. And if that's sonic who does that best then awesome I'll use him.

As for :4charizard: being all rounder last time I checked the kuronge hammer (or however you spell it) site described his style as all rounder.

Last edited:

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
Ok so I assume you are looking for a secondary? Alright I can work with that, so I still think Sonic would be a good secondary and use Cloud as a secondary, It would cover the MUs you feel like are bad for you and it would cover the MUs that the professionals think are bad as well. I feel like someone as easy as Cloud or Mario to learn and be so effective and in the meta is worth learning and can be viable with a Main and a Secondary.

My Recommended Comp: Main :4megaman: Secondary :4sonic: Pocket :4cloud:

Out of the characters you have selected I would pick ZSS because I feel like no matter what you think RosaLuma is a problem, and you need to have a counter in mind. Or you can abandon Sonic and Just have Cloud as a secondary its up to you.

Other Comp: Main :4megaman: Secondary :4zss:/:4cloud:

As for Charizard being an all rounder I look at Kurogane Hammer and you are correct that it says that Zard is labled as a "all rounder" however I still don't believe that this is true. I have seen some items on the forums and I would say that Zard has really bad offense, his defense is much better than his offense. The only real approach option he has is nair and its not that good. He also has a really bad landing game and just gets juggled and juggled and juggled. He can't land very well at all. With this information in mind I would say Zard plays more on the defensive with no good approach options. I skeptical that he is an "all rounder"

Last edited:

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
DeltaForce DeltaForce i use :4megaman:. And I've heard they all cover the matchups. So I'm looking for who will cover the character problems that mega man has.

@SteadyDisciple :4pit::4darkpit:,:4mario:,:4ness:,:4charizard: are the main ones.
According to ScAtt, the only two characters that are really bad enough to switch off Mega Man are Sheik and Pikachu. Mario beats Pikachu and probably goes even with Sheik, so he's likely your best option. Of course Kameme has played and won the Sheik matchup in top level play, so grinding it out is always an option. Barring that though, go :4mario:.

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
According to ScAtt, the only two characters that are really bad enough to switch off Mega Man are Sheik and Pikachu. Mario beats Pikachu and probably goes even with Sheik, so he's likely your best option. Of course Kameme has played and won the Sheik matchup in top level play, so grinding it out is always an option. Barring that though, go :4mario:.
Not really, :4fox: and Rosaluma are also really big threats. At high level play you might nessisarly need to switch BUT Nice is not near that higher level play. Mario covers most of your option except for another Mario. Scatt himself sports a pocket cloud so my opinion stays the same.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
DeltaForce DeltaForce Justinian Justinian
Actually the biggest threats for mega man are :4fox::4mewtwo::4zss:. :4lucario::4mario::4pikachu::4palutena::4sheik::4zelda: Being the other losing and they can be hard. Idc wgat kameme and scatt say and think when I have different opinions then they do. They also have much different match up spreads from each other. But those are the one I say are bad from my experience. And as I said before I know my possible secondaries (:4cloud2::4mario::4marth::4zss:) (and still have :4sonic::4feroy: as options) lose 1 of those MUs at most. I'm not here to argue that but I want to know which of them while cover the weaknesses of mega man, not his bad MUs. Ex. He is bad upclose and against characters who get up close to him easy so someone who doesn't struggle with that. That's what I'm looking for. Not who covers matchups best. And I don't really want one to be pocket. I just want 2 for now.

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
[USER=370655 said:
@DeltaForce[/USER]@Justinian
Actually the biggest threats for mega man are :4fox::4mewtwo::4zss:. :4lucario::4mario::4pikachu::4palutena::4sheik::4zelda: Being the other losing and they can be hard. Idc wgat kameme and scatt say and think when I have different opinions then they do. They also have much different match up spreads from each other. But those are the one I say are bad from my experience. And as I said before I know my possible secondaries (:4cloud2::4mario::4marth::4zss:) (and still have :4sonic::4feroy: as options) lose 1 of those MUs at most. I'm not here to argue that but I want to know which of them while cover the weaknesses of mega man, not his bad MUs. Ex. He is bad upclose and against characters who get up close to him easy so someone who doesn't struggle with that. That's what I'm looking for. Not who covers matchups best. And I don't really want one to be pocket. I just want 2 for now.
Nice_FZPSC.42 Nice_FZPSC.42 I don't mean this personally but I am going to be frank, you have played Megaman even three weeks I take your opinions with a grain of salt because of lack of experience. Mario and Cloud will cover Megaman's MUs That I can see and the ones you argue for. This is my final opinion I am not going to waste posts on this anymore unless the problem has drastically changed.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Update: considering :4mario:[:4marth:/:4lucina:] for secondary. Going with the one who covers :4megaman:'s character flaws.

Update again: Ryo just said :4feroy:is top 25.whether that's true or not it made me miss him so I'm doing this.
Mains: :4megaman::4feroy:

Pockets: All other fun characters.
They're good enough. I've got my main 2 and back up just in case.
Advice: play who's fun. If they're hard then learn them.

Last edited:

BaC0nz

Smash Rookie
I currently don't own smash 4 but I thoroughly enjoy playing it. I am not very good but it still is fun. I go to my cousin's every Monday to play some matches. I have been testing a lot of characters lately. I think Samus is my "main" but I want to test a majority of the roster out. I have always liked playing as Samus since n64.

Favorites:
  1. :4samus:
  2. :4marth::4mewtwo:
Dislikes (don't want to take friends mains):
  • :4cloud::4sonic::4myfriends::4ness::4lucas:

Last edited:

Maruken

Smash Rookie
NNID
Moraken
Coming back to Smash 4 once again, decided that if I want to really stick to Smash I need a main that I can play properly. The last time I played I tried to main Falco but ended up failing miserably because of my general lack of knowledge on how to play the game, along with Falco being hard to play for me (the best I could do with him was perform a reverse Bair). Basically I was introduced to a ridiculous skill curve that I just couldn't bother with. I also lagged a lot online so I couldn't perform combos properly.

So, that's basically what I want my main to be, a low skill floor character that's generally lag friendly. I don't care what their playstyle is as long as it's noob friendly. I'll be able to use that character to learn to play properly, then I can mess around with other characters that could be potential mains.

Any ideas?

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
I currently don't own smash 4 but I thoroughly enjoy playing it. I am not very good but it still is fun. I go to my cousin's every Monday to play some matches. I have been testing a lot of characters lately. I think Samus is my "main" but I want to test a majority of the roster out. I have always liked playing as Samus since n64.

Favorites:
  1. :4samus:
  2. :4marth::4mewtwo:
Dislikes (don't want to take friends mains):
  • :4cloud::4sonic::4myfriends::4ness::4lucas:
Sorry but I don't know what you are asking, do you want advice on who to pick as a main? Also a little more information would be helpful for me, Do you plan on just playing the game casually or do you want to go into the competitive scene? What is your play style preference? Aggressive, Defensive moderate, do you, like up close mid range or far away, are you ok with projectile games, do you want a complicated character or an easy to learn character? I would like a bit more info before answering this question.

Coming back to Smash 4 once again, decided that if I want to really stick to Smash I need a main that I can play properly. The last time I played I tried to main Falco but ended up failing miserably because of my general lack of knowledge on how to play the game, along with Falco being hard to play for me (the best I could do with him was perform a reverse Bair). Basically I was introduced to a ridiculous skill curve that I just couldn't bother with. I also lagged a lot online so I couldn't perform combos properly.

So, that's basically what I want my main to be, a low skill floor character that's generally lag friendly. I don't care what their playstyle is as long as it's noob friendly. I'll be able to use that character to learn to play properly, then I can mess around with other characters that could be potential mains.
The main characters I would suggest would be :4mario: :4cloud: and :4ness:
Mario is average in most things, good revovery and insane but easy to learn combos he is my #1 reccomendation

Cloud is also easy to lean with massive range and disjoints with easy combos, juggling, and autocancels, however a very bad recovery

Ness is similar to Mario with the easy combos, and a special jump that gives him extra recovery. His recovery in itself is majorly exploitable, buthe has the best kill throw in the game.

So in order of my recommendation :4mario:, :4cloud:, :4ness:

If you would like a write-up in more detail let me know.

BaC0nz

Smash Rookie
Sorry but I don't know what you are asking, do you want advice on who to pick as a main? Also a little more information would be helpful for me, Do you plan on just playing the game casually or do you want to go into the competitive scene? What is your play style preference? Aggressive, Defensive moderate, do you, like up close mid range or far away, are you ok with projectile games, do you want a complicated character or an easy to learn character? I would like a bit more info before answering this question.
I would like to improve but still have fun. When I play I want to win but I still want to have a good time. I do not plan on attending any tourneys or anything like that. I do not know how to exactly describe my play style. A feel like it is a mix.
  • I am not super aggressive. I like to control the match and create space. I do not completely rush down the opponent.
  • I like to use projectiles. Missiles and charge shot are awesome.
  • I like to wait until my opponent makes a mistake and try to punish them for it ( I need to work on optimal punishes).
  • I like to be aggressive at the right moment. Air combos are really enjoyable! Samus up air into recovery is dope.
I enjoy playing :4samus: because I like metroid, her charge shot, her recovery options, her air attacks are fun, etc.
I enjoy playing :4marth: because I enjoy waiting for the right time to strike, zoning opponents, spacing attacks just right, tippers, etc.

Last edited:

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
I would like to improve but still have fun. When I play I want to win but I still want to have a good time. I do not plan on attending any tourneys or anything like that. I do not know how to exactly describe my play style. A feel like it is a mix.
  • I am not super aggressive. I like to control the match and create space. I do not completely rush down the opponent.
  • I like to use projectiles. Missiles and charge shot are awesome.
  • I like to wait until my opponent makes a mistake and try to punish them for it ( I need to work on optimal punishes).
  • I like to be aggressive at the right moment. Air combos are really enjoyable! Samus up air into recovery is dope.
I enjoy playing :4samus: because I like metroid, her charge shot, her recovery options, her air attacks are fun, etc.
I enjoy playing :4marth: because I enjoy waiting for the right time to strike, zoning opponents, spacing attacks just right, tippers, etc.
Ok this I can work with so I am going to be honest if you want to create space I would not reccomend Samus. Her Chargeshot is extremely useful and her bombs are useful in recovery but her missles are near useless. Too much end lag on the move so opponents can get past it easily. Charge shot and bombs are no good for zoning. However her Zair is extremely useful for walling but I do not really feel like Samus is a Waller.

The Characters I would reccomend for this are :4sonic: :4villager: :4robinm: :4marth:

Sonic- Controls the neutral very well notorious for camping a game and using a bait and punish playstyle can be used extremely offensive and the character can switch between the 2. No projectiles but fits the bill for everything else.

Villager- Can be used both with zoning and aggressive . Uses projectiles to zone an opponent and creates space to operate in. Excellent recovery and can punish opponents with insane air strings. This is my #1 recomendation.

Robin- powerful aerials and excellent zoning projectiles. A bit on the slow side can deal very well with speedy brawlers.

Marth- you already know how he works.

In order :4villager: :4sonic: :4robinm: :4marth:

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
THE RETURN.
Who should I focus on for my local series' season opener tonight?
:4mewtwo:, former main and all around good choice, yet risky due to really bad autopilot.
:4villager:, current main but, after intense research, may not fit my playstyle.
:4yoshi:, super recent pickup (like, a week) but I've been getting amazing results in friendlies.
:4zss:, who I play like a grappler, and most people struggle against the unique style.
:4shulk:, because I'M REALLY FEELING IT! (I'm pretty good, but I've gotten headaches thinking through everything.)

Last edited:

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
New THE RETURN.
Who should I focus on for my local series' season opener tonight?
:4mewtwo:, former main and all around good choice, yet risky due to really bad autopilot.
:4villager:, current main but, after intense research, may not fit my playstyle.
:4yoshi:, super recent pickup (like, a week) but I've been getting amazing results in friendlies.
:4zss:, who I play like a grappler, and most people struggle against the unique style.
:4shulk:, because I'M REALLY FEELING IT! (I'm pretty good, but I've gotten headaches thinking through everything.)
Alright so Even if Villager is different playstyle you should play Villager because he has been your main for the longest. It will be easier for you to adapt to the unexpected. If you have had Success with with Yoshi before I would make sure he ready should he be needed as a counterpick.

In summation
Foucus: :4villager:
Counterpick :4yoshi:

PS this is not set in stone if you feel like you need to train with someone else or same for counter picking go for it. This is my personal recomendation.

Last edited:

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
I know what I need in a main but don't know who to choose can someone help me?

I dropped mewtwo because I like long combo strings like melee Marth or melee jigs. I'm looking for someone else. My playstyle is fast, aggressive and I'll take whatever combos you give me. in melee I know I played best with Marth but sm4sh doesn't have the wavedashing and his long dashdance and it's very hard to get the double Fair unless you full hop double jump. Does anyone have any Ideas of who I can pick up?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
As boring an answer as this may sound, IMO anyone who has genuinely no idea who they want to play as would do well to start out by using Mario. His overall play style is easy to learn, and through playing as him you're more likely to gain solid knowledge of all of the fundamentals - he's pretty solid at practically everything, but he doesn't let you get anything for 'free' either.

The fact that you like characters who are aggressive, fast and with strong combo potential only further suggests that Mario would be a good choice for you.

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
Like he said Mario would be good because he has some great long combo strings. But shiek is great too having some of the best combos in the game.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
I know what I need in a main but don't know who to choose can someone help me?

I dropped mewtwo because I like long combo strings like melee Marth or melee jigs. I'm looking for someone else. My playstyle is fast, aggressive and I'll take whatever combos you give me. in melee I know I played best with Marth but sm4sh doesn't have the wavedashing and his long dashdance and it's very hard to get the double Fair unless you full hop double jump. Does anyone have any Ideas of who I can pick up?
You want long combos, eh. Ok here you go. :4bayonetta::4greninja::4mario::4metaknight::4sheik:. They all have crazy combos you can pull of. Watch captain Zack and Salem for bayo, istudying for greninja, zenyou and ally for marios combos, ito and tyrant for MK, and void for sheik.

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
You forgot a few characters :4luigi: :4zss: and this is possibly wrong but I thought it worth mentioning Captain Falcon (deccent u air strings that can lead to a kill)
Elegant for Luigi
Nairo/Marsss for ZSS
Fatality for Falcon

MewtwoUprising MewtwoUprising narrow down your choices from the lists the boards just provided you and I can do a writeup comparing and contrasting in more detail.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
So :4megaman: wasn't working out so I ended bringing :4feroy: back and winning and then wanted a 2nd character for him so I picked :4diddy:. If I want a replacent then :4sonic: will run in to save the day.Get it? Run? Cause he's Sonic...

Walbytamer11

Smash Apprentice
Mainly a Melee player (Fox/Falco/Marth, however I'm comfortable with every characters movement because of a long period of character main crisis) although I dabble in Smash 4 tournies (whenever they're free entry) and play friendlies with the casual smashers at my college. I used to play Brawl MK, ZSS & Diddy so I'm definitely used to the slower pace of Smash 4. I do often find myself playing high tiers because of the options they provide in any given situation.

Anyways I still don't know who to play in Smash 4. I watch videos of characters like ZSS, Diddy, Sheik and think "Oh wow, their movement is great! Plus they're high tier! Maybe I should try these guys out!" but it never goes well. The movement still feels clunky (sheik doing weird needle turnarounds for some reason and diddy spamming fair just looks...off) and I hate awkward situations where both players are sitting in shield next to each other with little OoS options. Basically just roll away and get read which isn't fun imho.

Here's what I came up with that may influence my main:
  1. Melee mains: Fox/Falco/Marth (this may be pointless)
  2. Brawl mains: MK/ZSS/Diddy
  3. I like high tiers bc of the options they provide
  4. I tried ZSS/Sheik/Diddy in S4 and their movement feels weird even after playing this game for so long, so I'm ditching them.
  5. I hate awkward situations where both players are sitting in shield and their best option is to roll or read a roll with a smash attack.
I was thinking maybe some projectile heavy characters since they can fix 4/5. I kind of want to shy away from DLC characters too, something in my brain doesn't like them for some reason. I have been suggested Cloud in the past though.

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Mainly a Melee player (Fox/Falco/Marth, however I'm comfortable with every characters movement because of a long period of character main crisis) although I dabble in Smash 4 tournies (whenever they're free entry) and play friendlies with the casual smashers at my college. I used to play Brawl MK, ZSS & Diddy so I'm definitely used to the slower pace of Smash 4. I do often find myself playing high tiers because of the options they provide in any given situation.

Anyways I still don't know who to play in Smash 4. I watch videos of characters like ZSS, Diddy, Sheik and think "Oh wow, their movement is great! Plus they're high tier! Maybe I should try these guys out!" but it never goes well. The movement still feels clunky (sheik doing weird needle turnarounds for some reason and diddy spamming fair just looks...off) and I hate awkward situations where both players are sitting in shield next to each other with little OoS options. Basically just roll away and get read which isn't fun imho.

Here's what I came up with that may influence my main:
  1. Melee mains: Fox/Falco/Marth (this may be pointless)
  2. Brawl mains: MK/ZSS/Diddy
  3. I like high tiers bc of the options they provide
  4. I tried ZSS/Sheik/Diddy in S4 and their movement feels weird even after playing this game for so long, so I'm ditching them.
  5. I hate awkward situations where both players are sitting in shield and their best option is to roll or read a roll with a smash attack.
I was thinking maybe some projectile heavy characters since they can fix 4/5. I kind of want to shy away from DLC characters too, something in my brain doesn't like them for some reason. I have been suggested Cloud in the past though.
Try out :4tlink::4villager::4olimar:. Also :4megaman: is similar to melee Falco a little bit with the lemons/ lasers so try him him too.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
So I'm at a loss, I played Kirby for a fairly long time, even managing some okay results here in Florida, but I think I'm done with dealing with people who just run away without me having much of an answer to it and just want to move on. If I had to describe my playstyle, I prefer being patient, usually sitting and baiting defensive options or movement and/or reading them, occasionally poking them and keeping leads by forcing people to approach when I have it, abusing my good defensive options. I guess you could say I'm very passive haha. Who would you guys recommend that could do this better while also being able to poke the opponent safely and bait reactions if they decide to play things at standstill?

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
So I'm at a loss, I played Kirby for a fairly long time, even managing some okay results here in Florida, but I think I'm done with dealing with people who just run away without me having much of an answer to it and just want to move on. If I had to describe my playstyle, I prefer being patient, usually sitting and baiting defensive options or movement and/or reading them, occasionally poking them and keeping leads by forcing people to approach when I have it, abusing my good defensive options. I guess you could say I'm very passive haha. Who would you guys recommend that could do this better while also being able to poke the opponent safely and bait reactions if they decide to play things at standstill?
Marth sounds like a good option for what you're looking for. He pretty much checks all your boxes: safe poking options in neutral to force reactions, good ability to punish predictable movement, doesn't need to go in super hard. Sheik or Mewtwo also have the option to play the way you like to and, like Kirby, have the same kind of explosive advantage state in some MUs.

Last edited:

IAteYourLastChip

Smash Rookie
hello ive been playing smash since brawl and I wish to play smash for the Wii U competitively and I have been having a character crisis going on for some time and would appreciate some help to find my main as well as a secondary if possible and optional :)

- I'm a technical player
- I can play both offensively and defensively (although I tend to be more aggressive by nature)
- I like combos and spikes although it doesn't matter to much if a character has them or not
- I tend to go offstage and edgeguard often
- I don't mind projectile games
- I would like a character that is easy to understand and to practice ( easy to master does not imply here)

- I like :4robinf::4robinm: since they have magic and a sword (which is cool but they are low tier which kind of prevents me from making them my main (since I do want to win)
- I also like :4sonic:but ive heard that a lot of people hate him and I don't want to choose a hated character.

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
- I'm a technical player
- I can play both offensively and defensively (although I tend to be more aggressive by nature)
- I like combos and spikes although it doesn't matter to much if a character has them or not
- I would like a character that is easy to understand and to practice ( easy to master does not imply here)

- I like :4robinf::4robinm: since they have magic and a sword (which is cool but they are low tier which kind of prevents me from making them my main (since I do want to win)
- I also like :4sonic:but ive heard that a lot of people hate him and I don't want to choose a hated character.
Alright So Robin is a highly underrated p-layer a large reason she is such low tier is because of her lack of representation. Watch Dath's run at Shine 2016, Robin is a majorly technical character and is perfectly viable as a main. Robin isn't perfect and has some trouble with certain MUs so pick another character to help Robin out. Mario and Sonic are good choices to secondary to help do this. Sonic has a bad connotation to his name in Sm4sh but he is perfectly respectable at higher levels and if you are just starting to get into competetive then you are in the toxic community. Play who you like not what people thing you should play.

Comp. :4robinm: for Main :4mario:/:4sonic: Secondary

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
hello ive been playing smash since brawl and I wish to play smash for the Wii U competitively and I have been having a character crisis going on for some time and would appreciate some help to find my main as well as a secondary if possible and optional :)

- I'm a technical player

If there's anything I've learned it's that you'll win more with a character you have more fun with than just one that's good. Ex I have good results with :4feroy: and nothing with :4cloud2: because Roy is more fun to me. And also Robin is freaking good. He/She's the only character with a kill confirm from a through. Check mate can kill at 90% consistently. Ignore tier lists. They change. Dath made robin super viable, abadongo made mewtwo top tier, Kameme made mega man top tier, you can do the same.

Last edited:

IAteYourLastChip

Smash Rookie
Alright So Robin is a highly underrated p-layer a large reason she is such low tier is because of her lack of representation. Watch Dath's run at Shine 2016, Robin is a majorly technical character and is perfectly viable as a main. Robin isn't perfect and has some trouble with certain MUs so pick another character to help Robin out. Mario and Sonic are good choices to secondary to help do this. Sonic has a bad connotation to his name in Sm4sh but he is perfectly respectable at higher levels and if you are just starting to get into competetive then you are in the toxic community. Play who you like not what people thing you should play.

I guess your right tnx dude

IAteYourLastChip

Smash Rookie
If there's anything I've learned it's that you'll win more with a character you have more fun with than just one that's good. Ex I have good results with :4feroy: and nothing with :4cloud2: because Roy is more fun to me. And also Robin is freaking good. He/She's the only character with a kill confirm from a through. Check mate can kill at 90% consistently. Ignore tier lists. They change. Dath made robin super viable, abadongo made mewtwo top tier, Kameme made mega man top tier, you can do the same.
guess your right tnx dude

IAteYourLastChip

Smash Rookie

but lets say robin wasn't in the game who would you recommend for instead

DeltaForce

Smash Cadet
Nice_FZPSC.42 Nice_FZPSC.42 Alright, man check your facts before you say them, Robin is not the only character with a kill confirm from a throw. Also Robin's checkmate doesn't always work, if she does not have Levin Sword then it won't kill.
Characters with Throw Kill confirms (guarenteed even with DI) these are some examples known to me I am sure I am going to miss a bunch but I am just trying to prove a point.

Bowser Up thow into Bair or uair
Pikachu Upthrow RAR thunder
MK downthrow to ladder combo (a bit iffy though)
Donkey Kong Ding Dong
Robin Checkmate
ZSS Downthrow Ladder combo
And so many more

Please think about your post before you post them

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
Ok when you do could you inform me?
and what about melee I don't really like Pikachu in melee so what else?
Melee Pikachu is vastly different. The mechanics in the games are very different and upair is not as important in sm4sh. If you want to learn more about characters, there are character guides and each character has there own sub-forum with much to learn and ask from them.

Niche

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
fueg#0
NNID
0hribbon
I'm looking for a character that kinda fits the glass canon archetype

Top Bottom