• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MAGFest Results Thread, (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl)

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to play Smash 64 too... :(

Florida guys probably know how to have fun outside of the gaming community, but they take the game too serious! :laugh:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
wtf how were there so many ppl in melee singles esp no names wtf? is this some muse i haven't read the entire topic someone explain

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
because i entered the list of "pre-registrants" and like 20 of them didn't show up, they entered as their full names

I didn't make that mistake for brawl, if I had entered all the brawl pre-registrants we would've had over 70 entrants and 30 that weren't there

R4ZE

Smash Ace
im sure HMS has better sonic

and a third best Dedede in Florida get 13th. :laugh:
Pretty sure i never claimed to be the best sonic in FL. In FL it is a common joke to say "best *character here* in FL"... but just for clarity, i don't consider myself the best anything in brawl, i just play sonic because he is the character that i have the most fun with.

Kornn-I don't know you, i only played you once in singles. Anyway thanks for being a cocky douche towards me. I really want to be nice to you now. Freega is a rager, that doesen't really say anything about the rest of us floridians. And uh... i think you should consider not wearing a business suit and leaving your briefcase at home when you attend brawl tournaments that have no entry fee and no cash prize.

Oath- ill try to go to kats man, the crew really wants to chill with u n heat again
Heat- you will never be forgotten
BMX- we need to get that 1v1 sonic wario somtime man
Sito- sick ike, the only one i've ever had problems with.
Shinku- you and uber-ice could be buddies. lol

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Pretty sure i never claimed to be the best sonic in FL. In FL it is a common joke to say "best *character here* in FL"... but just for clarity, i don't consider myself the best anything in brawl, i just play sonic because he is the character that i have the most fun with.

Kornn-I don't know you, i only played you once in singles. Anyway thanks for being a cocky douche towards me. I really want to be nice to you now. Freega is a rager, that doesen't really say anything about the rest of us floridians. And uh... i think you should consider not wearing a business suit and leaving your briefcase at home when you attend brawl tournaments that have no entry fee and no cash prize.
l
i wasn't being cocky :( i just don't like the way feega did (he's TOO SERIOUS)
and i didn't really talk about you. . . also i didn't live in FL so who knows that it was a joke ... D:
( and i didn't say anything about you're the best sonic.... -__- im just saying that "i think HMS has better sonic" ) wow . . .

and no need to tell me that i attended MAGFest it wasn't a real tournaments etc etc. . . (obviously it's my first time at Magfest, i just went there to see how good tournaments are. )
i attend many MD/VA tourneys which are a lot harder than Magfest ^__^
you probably think that i was cocky just because i won this tournament.. ? you're so wrong. . . D:

btw you said tourney that have no entry fee and no cash prize, you can't even get top 5. . . . . lol

BMX

Smash Lord
ive put this out 4 too long so shout outs from BMX!

Oath- go bite me lol jk gud **** man im really impressed with u have fun at hoodbridge
HMS-well, gud **** too we both squanderd lol
Korn-gud chillin with u magfest got boring after tourneys
Tant-gud **** man i liked chillin with u and gud singles man ill see u in the future dude
Sinto-U R Ridiculous! Best Ike ive seen so far gud **** in tourney man should have taken u seriously lol but u won with skill and i respect that
Raze-yea man although ur in florida we'll play man hope to see u next magfest!
Feega-gud **** man i hope i didnt irritate u man ur really cool 4 letting us chill at ur place thanks
Sage-gud **** man ur ness=gay! lol jk ur gud man ill see u in another tourney
Shinku-i finally found out who u were lol gud matches man funny cuz u r my first friendly at magfest!
Waffle-2 u,who took me out gud **** man we r facing again taking lucario out! lol

BMX

Smash Lord
? i already told you why, first they don't even talk to me but have mad face on me.
Second when they played teams vs me and tant (fuxing friendly lol) after they lose badly first match
they immediately pick Delfino LOL w/ out let me change my character

and Feega threw his controller after lose to BMX ( i mean he just pick mk ...so wtf lol) also he always getting mad when he lose to me (when i don't use mk) D:
they need to take some chill pills . . . . lol
i didnt like that match alot i rather not use MK but u know, mk and wario=not good.

im going 2 get better with mk though im not korn level yet lol

Shinku

Smash Champion
although i did see like 3 people that look just like him.

edit - actually he was there, for those who played Settlers. (inside joke)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Brawl is a bad game. You pansies should have joined me and Boss in CT, where I had the time of my life playing the best in Melee. Holy ****ing **** DJ Nintendo's Bowser is incredible and so's Skler's Link. I played almost everyone and had a blast.

Korn, you really shouldn't be complaining about people getting angry when they lose to you. You get pissed all the time when you lose lol. Just stop playing Brawl, you never got so mad when you played Melee.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Brawl is a bad game. You pansies should have joined me and Boss in CT, where I had the time of my life playing the best in Melee. Holy ****ing **** DJ Nintendo's Bowser is incredible and so's Skler's Link. I played almost everyone and had a blast.

Korn, you really shouldn't be complaining about people getting angry when they lose to you. You get pissed all the time when you lose lol. Just stop playing Brawl, you never got so mad when you played Melee.
wow thumbs you just called kirbstir kornn shinku me and one of pc chris' friends pansies. if you noticed there were just as many entrants for melee as there were for brawl...

thumbs just to let you know there are people who enjoy brawl and melee out there and we had fun this weekend.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I was kidding, I'm aware there were just as many entrants for Melee. I'm saying more of you should have come with us to CT, where you most likely would have had a better time (if you enjoy Melee at all) than you did at Magfest.

Plus Brawl tends to bring out the worst in people, as can be seen with the argument Korn and that random guy already started having. I know I certainly start johning when I lose to bs in tourny in Brawl and I've NEVER done that in Melee EVER. I take everything that happens to me in Melee in stride and treat it all as experience. When someone beats me, I understand it's because they are smarter, more experienced, and faster than I am. So I practice more and more to hopefully one day beat them. In Brawl, I'll lose a lot to bs playstyles from the ***gots that camp the whole match. There's no honor in that, and how could one possibly find that FUN to do? How can you stomach ledgecamping to beat someone you know you shouldn't beat? Explain to me where the entertainment lies, because I sure as hell don't see it.

You agree with me that MK is bs too Tant, I know you do. I find it utterly hilarious that within a week of Brawl's release up until now it is still unanimous and painfully obvious that Metaknight is the best and most dominant character in the game, while there is no consensus for who the best is in Melee. Azen and Chillin think it's Marth (as do I), M2k and Neo think it's Sheik, PC Chris thinks it's Fox, etc. It can be argued that either Fox, Falco, Marth, or Sheik is the best character, and there's rarely a majority who agree on just one.

That's what's so beautiful about Melee, it's been out for seven years and there still is no one dominant character who controls the tournament scene. The fact that several tournaments have already banned MK just further proves Brawl's superficiality and lack of balance.

I'm not insulting you for playing Brawl, by all means, go right ahead. It was a free tourny and meant only for fun. I'm merely offering a superior option for a competitive game to better yourself in.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I was kidding, I'm aware there were just as many entrants for Melee. I'm saying more of you should have come with us to CT, where you most likely would have had a better time (if you enjoy Melee at all) than you did at Magfest.

Plus Brawl tends to bring out the worst in people, as can be seen with the argument Korn and that random guy already started having. I know I certainly start johning when I lose to bs in tourny in Brawl and I've NEVER done that in Melee EVER. I take everything that happens to me in Melee in stride and treat it all as experience. When someone beats me, I understand it's because they are smarter, more experienced, and faster than I am. So I practice more and more to hopefully one day beat them. In Brawl, I'll lose a lot to bs playstyles from the ***gots that camp the whole match. There's no honor in that, and how could one possibly find that FUN to do? How can you stomach ledgecamping to beat someone you know you shouldn't beat? Explain to me where the entertainment lies, because I sure as hell don't see it.

You agree with me that MK is bs too Tant, I know you do. I find it utterly hilarious that within a week of Brawl's release up until now it is still unanimous and painfully obvious that Metaknight is the best and most dominant character in the game, while there is no consensus for who the best is in Melee. Azen and Chillin think it's Marth (as do I), M2k and Neo think it's Sheik, PC Chris thinks it's Fox, etc. It can be argued that either Fox, Falco, Marth, or Sheik is the best character, and there's rarely a majority who agree on just one.

That's what's so beautiful about Melee, it's been out for seven years and there still is no one dominant character who controls the tournament scene. The fact that several tournaments have already banned MK just further proves Brawl's superficiality and lack of balance.

I'm not insulting you for playing Brawl, by all means, go right ahead. It was a free tourny and meant only for fun. I'm merely offering a superior option for a competitive game to better yourself in.
good **** thumbs that makes sense

I dunno melee you all have 7 years of exp over me otherwise I would play that more

snake is the only character that I think is close to neutral with meta. brawl has potential that we haven't seen yet though

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
although i did see like 3 people that look just like him.

edit - actually he was there, for those who played Settlers. (inside joke)
Holy ****, Boss ****ed you over in Settlers. Always stealing your wheat and ****. :laugh:

TheTantalus said:
good **** thumbs that makes sense

I dunno melee you all have 7 years of exp over me otherwise I would play that more

snake is the only character that I think is close to neutral with meta. brawl has potential

that we haven't seen yet though
If the meta game doesn't experience a drastic change, Brawl is doomed to stay as it is.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Most of us haven't played Melee all 7 years, that's a rarity found only in the top pros such as Mew2king. I've been playing for 2 years and I've come along way. I still suck, but I see myself improving everytime I play and that motivates me to reach a higher level to prove to myself I can do what I thought impossible only months before. This feeling doesn't exist in Brawl because you can learn and do everything that game has to offer in less than 2 weeks without even really trying. Good god, GLIDE TOSSING was the hardest thing to learn in Brawl, and that took me like 2 weeks to master lmao. You know how long it took me to learn to wavedash consistently? 6 MONTHS, L-canceling took even longer and I still mess up both of those things from time to time.

Don't think of Melee as a game where you can't succeed because you haven't been playing it long enough, THAT'S the fun part; learning step by step and watching yourself improve, no matter how slowly, over time. I guarantee if you put your mind to it you'll see drastic and awesome changes in your game within months. Just practice with people who are better than you and you'll one day achieve that skill.

mattstever2009

Smash Cadet
hey this is matt... i heard about magfest a little to late. I'd say I'm a good smash player and have been playin since melee. I've been havin real trouble tryin to find people to play let alone tourneys to be in. Any way you can help me out? I'm in Fredericksburg, VA by the way. What's up all....

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
...THAT'S the fun part; learning step by step and watching yourself improve, no matter how slowly, over time... [knowing that] one day [you'll] achieve that skill [you see in people currently better than you].
**** straight, Seb. Quoted for ****ing truth.

hey this is matt... i heard about magfest a little to late. I'd say I'm a good smash player and have been playin since melee. I've been havin real trouble tryin to find people to play let alone tourneys to be in. Any way you can help me out? I'm in Fredericksburg, VA by the way. What's up all....
Listen to Shinku. The tournament will be this Saturday in Fairfax. It'll definitely quench your thirst for competitive Smash. If you think you're good now, wait until you see some of the people who come to this tournament. (I'm counting on you Boss, Korn, CK, Shinku, Blues, etc...)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I find both games enjoyable, though I like the melee crowd a little better. There's just way too many people in brawl tournaments.

Thanks for shoutout wario player. Don't remember playing you, unless you were Oathmeal's teammate. IDK anybody's names lol. I should've played some friendlies with you since I've never played a Wario.

New stuff is sometimes discovered in brawl... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnB8YM2MsE . Shut up, DI dont exits.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
btw you said tourney that have no entry fee and no cash prize, you can't even get top 5. . . . . lol[/QUOTE]

sorry i dont tier ***** and counter pick.

oh yea, im not a ***got either. guess u got me there.

Play somthing other than top tier and come back and try to give me words that amount to somthing more than the **** that you have been spewing. You and freega are like the same person, thats why you hate eachother.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Play somthing other than top tier and come back and try to give me words that amount to somthing more than the **** that you have been spewing. You and freega are like the same person, thats why you hate eachother.
I assume your character icon is wrong lol (yea I know this is the Sonic player).

I know I shouldn't get involved, but you shouldn't care whether somebody mains a good character. I know people who would cp Marth against me and cg me (a cg that only works cuz my controller sucks). Do I care? Kinda, but I don't get mad about it. Everybody tierwhores lol. I do in melee now (Yea, I'm announcing that I'm using my nub Marth next tournament lol).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
R4ZE, Kornn is a top player in the MD/VA region. He has gotten top 5 in paid tourneys where he has only lost to Azen or Chillin or Boss and thats it. Kornn is one of the most skilled players in the region, and he's done well in Meta-ban tourneys (4th and 7th)

I didn't see the incident when Feega got mad so I can't really comment on that, but I can say Kornn earned every bit of his placing. You're a good sonic and I commend you for placing well with the low tier.

The people who placed well at this tourney from MD/VA with the exception of Shinku are typically low tourney placers in our region (Myself, Waffle, BMX, Oath, HMS, Sage, we are lucky to break top 20), so if you got beat by us, you should see the guys that we play with on a regular basis (check the C3 ECRC results)

Good stuff on all the placers, and I think everyone should remember the smash motto if they are upset

No Johns

CO18

Smash Hero
im sure HMS has better sonic

and a third best Dedede in Florida get 13th. :laugh:
lol what who said they were 3rd best Dedede in Florida? Ive never heard of any of those people ranked 13th lol.

And Fl has alot of DDD's that place quite well.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure many have valid arguments against what R4ZE has said, but let's keep this thread from degenerating too much. ¬_¬

When Korn said "serious", he didn't really mean what you're thinking of. He meant that he felt uneasy when Feega got so angry and intense over friendlies. Korn is nothing like Feega. Feega refuses to use advanced techniques, plays intensely in friendlies, and rages when he loses. Korn is just the opposite. Any of the insults I've heard from him are playful at worst.

None of us in MD/VA knew of the whole "best in Florida" joke, so we thought you were just being cocky. We didn't know of the inside joke. :ohwell:

Korn's English isn't so great, so you might have misunderstood him. Don't get so pissed at him. :ohwell:

Good stuff on all the placers, and I think everyone should remember the smash motto if they are upset

No Johns
Pretty much.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ironically, Korn is like the only MD/VA MK player who doesn't completely fail in MK-banned tourneys.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lul everybody is indirectly meatriding Korn.

In othernews, why so serious?

We should've had a fl vs. md/va crew battle there lol.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
sorry i dont tier ***** and counter pick.

oh yea, im not a ***got either. guess u got me there.

D: no johns...

i remember i was playing marth against you lol i do main mk but i also play different characters that not top tier D: im not a gay TOP TIER player as you think

and you should play my falcon in Brawl :)

(don't worry about Feega, i didn't start it i just don't like the way he overreacted that's all )

lol what who said they were 3rd best Dedede in Florida? Ive never heard of any of those people ranked 13th lol.

And Fl has alot of DDD's that place quite well.
some guy from Florida named Pious did said that . . . but he's definitely not

I'm sure many have valid arguments against what R4ZE has said, but let's keep this thread from degenerating too much. ¬_¬

When Korn said "serious", he didn't really mean what you're thinking of. He meant that he felt uneasy when Feega got so angry and intense over friendlies. Korn is nothing like Feega. Feega refuses to use advanced techniques, plays intensely in friendlies, and rages when he loses. Korn is just the opposite. Any of the insults I've heard from him are playful at worst.

None of us in MD/VA knew of the whole "best in Florida" joke, so we thought you were just being cocky. We didn't know of the inside joke. :ohwell:

Korn's English isn't so great, so you might have misunderstood him. Don't get so pissed at him. :ohwell:

Pretty much.
yea that's what i meant.... thanks MinQ -__- i couldn't really use english that well

Ironically, Korn is like the only MD/VA MK player who doesn't completely fail in MK-banned tourneys.
i almost did ! >__< but thanks JC

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
yeah kornn, i almost had you at the first MK ban tourney, but almost is only good in horeshoes and something else i can't remember right now

Good stars everyone (yes, like **** stars, i'm going to say stars from now on since i hate holding the shift key)

Edit: I Personally liked all the florida people, but whoever said they were the 3rd best Dedede in Florida is probably wrong, that's all

R4ZE was cool, Pious thought i was a metaknight player lol, and Feega played a good peach, cool dudes and they housed the woodbridge people for a night so props to them for being nice

Heat09

Smash Rookie
Why is everybody so mad for...? Seeing how I don't place high in tourneys at all I can't really say much for the serious part. My goal is just to have fun and people somehow still know who I am so I must not be THAT bad. I don't post much on the forums because of the flame wars, because it brings out the worst in players. None of you act this mean IRL don't pretend now. **** melee now dude I lost like all of my skill in that game.

Top Bottom