• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I want Roy, just because I want to see him beat up Roy Koopa.
I've never touched a Fire Emblem game in my time and wasn't that interested in him in Melee, but those jokes are starting to annoy me.
Hehheh. I just wish Smash Bros-fandom would make more love, not war.

Hey there, everyone. I'm new to Smashboards, so I'm still trying to get the hang of things.

Roy's my 2nd favorite character that was introduced in Melee next to Mr. Game & Watch, and I've missed him ever since he was cut from Brawl. After he was put in Project M, I decided to try it out and he became my number 1 main in it.

It makes me so happy seeing all this support for him, as I thought I was the only one who really wanted him back since I come across nothing but detractors everywhere else. I would love to be added to the supporters list, and let's hope that he's really back, as the recent leak made me regain hope after I almost gave up on him.

Roy's our Boy!
Yo there, and welcome aboard! This is like a sanctuary to Roy's supporters, all and new. I'm still positive there's more silent fans out there, however.

I remember playing Roy a lot more than Marth in Melee, though not as much as my other mains. He definitely was quite cool and easily quirky of the bunch. Fanart made him pretty notorious to me as well.

I also main him along with Marth in P:M. Such a sweet and amazing character in that game. I think it helped a lot to contribute wanting to see Roy reworked to Smash 4 as more semicloned character.

As for new Roy fans joining in, I am pleased to see it. As royalblue pointed out, its like a FE game. Some of us have been here since the first map, while others of us have joined towards the end of the campaign, regardless we are all still a part of Roy's "army".
Agreed. I remember also not really being that interested or high on Roy before, even debating with you about it (like Lyn VS Roy-wars). While I wasn't really against his inclusion, just the idea that he'd be a clone again and brought back just for popularity was something that irked me for lack of quality and effort/heart put in. Ironically this all happened to Lucina, who's only worthy merit seems to be that plenty fans get to everyone's no.1 FE Waifu in Smash. She's just there to please more fans from what I've seen.

But the time I took more personal look into him and FE-games in general, I was very glad to discover that Roy wasn't all that bland (despite first impressions) and cookie-cutter clone or a lord overall, and he exhibited potential to be even more.

Still, I sorta can feel into why people who might be detractors to Roy might say what they say. Not all of the reasoning being true, but at least how he might not feel "exciting" or be "just a clone". I again build a lot positive experience and affection to Roy through my own observations and times with the character (P:M and the personality + making new friends through him, loving Elibe-games and now trying to clear FE6 ATM to see that saga's end) For this reason I think those who openly say they support Roy, can't be doing that out of jumping into some bandwagon or trying to prove people right, like what happened to Chrom, for example.

Also, Roy has fair amount of flaws, more or less based on subjective opinions around both fanbases he's discussed around (not being necessarily 1-man monster army unit like Ike or Ephraim, personality not being necessarily appealing though TBH lords in FE-games aren't much to write home about, perhaps also prepare that he still has a chance to become a clone). So being a fan of his isn't "easy" if you're just bandwagoning on him becoming the next DLC fighter. It's like a filter which is based on true bonding and affection to the character: which proves me that Roy's support is one of the most pure and definitely most enduring in this fandom, for how much undeserving hate and flack it keeps getting.

So yeah, go us, old and new supporters.

There was this guy on Miiverse who made an account called "Ridley Fan" and make post about them mocking them and making fun of them, he has like 7 accounts and a bunch of people on Miiverse praise him like a god. And the people who "worship" him have such hypocritical arguments about how it isn't cyber bullying to mock Ridley Fans.
I had the weird feeling that I don't really make much noise or activity Smash Bros-fandom for not liking any jokes or mocking in other characters' or their fans' expense, plus the popularity-based ridiculousness and other madness.

Apparently it dawns to me now why.

(Hell, I posted my observations about Roy Koopa imitating Roy's taunt from Melee and people already spur even more Roy-jokes.)

Last edited:

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
Hey, everyone! I am new to Smashboards. I have been watching almost everything about the Roy discussions, ever since sometime in 2013 when SSB4 was in development. I just want to say that I actually love Roy and that I want him in SSB4. I want to be added to the Roy Supporters list. Out of all the characters that have been in SSB4, Roy is by far my most wanted character. I remember the times when I unlocked him, he was so awesome to use especially the fire and those voice clips. I just loved them, and I really want him to be back as DLC for SSB4.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Hey, everyone! I am new to Smashboards. I have been watching almost everything about the Roy discussions, ever since sometime in 2013 when SSB4 was in development. I just want to say that I actually love Roy and that I want him in SSB4. I want to be added to the Roy Supporters list. Out of all the characters that have been in SSB4, Roy is by far my most wanted character. I remember the times when I unlocked him, he was so awesome to use especially the fire and those voice clips. I just loved them, and I really want him to be back as DLC for SSB4.
Welcome to Smashboards! I also just joined today like you, but we'll both the hang of things :).

I also see that you accidentally double posted, so please try to be a bit more careful next time.

Buying a game while never intending to play the cartridge, you say?

Best $100 I ever spent. Maybe one day my reading skills will be good enough that I'll be able to play it.

I've been trying for a long time to find a copy of Path of Radiance. Most of the copies online are going for $100+ and I'm still kicking myself for not buying it when it was new. Never seen it in a store in the past however many years. I was lucky enough to find Radiant Dawn not too long ago at a retro game shop for $60. It was used, but still had the box and manual, so not bad. I was even able to redeem the Club Nintendo points for it, haha.
They call it PoR because your ass is poor after buying it.

I somehow managed to get both PoR and RD for just 100 bucks back in 2012.

If I need to throw more money at people to get Roy in, I know where to look. :laugh:

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
They call it PoR because your *** is poor after buying it.

I somehow managed to get both PoR and RD for just 100 bucks back in 2012.

If I need to throw more money at people to get Roy in, I know where to look. :laugh:
I hope that leak about Roy and Ryu is true (especially Roy), it may be likely that they would be paid dlc if they do get officially confirmed.

Dark Emperor Hardin

Smash Cadet
We out here, fam.

I loved Thracia so much that I bought it never intending to play the cartridge. $72 I don't regret, I got it for a steal since it was usually $150 or so at the time with the places I looked iirc. I already had the weird fan translation finished for one run, with a SNES USB controller I bought mainly for another run on it and FE4, and my recent run involves Leaf killing Galzus in a 1v1 duel with his earliest appearance.

http://i.imgur.com/sCbtD2B.png
http://i.imgur.com/dHMYpMo.png
http://i.imgur.com/4iFRj3l.png
http://i.imgur.com/4dbEJvt.png
Oh! I do the same thing! You're lucky though; Thracia is currently the only entry I don't have.

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
I have been looking at many comments, discussions, and arguments about Roy, ever since 2013. I know this has been said and mentioned a lot, but those Roy detractors are one of the most annoying groups. I'm actually glad that the majority out there are Roy supporters, and I hope he gets in SSB4 where we can all experience him as a new and improved luigified Roy.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
The entire situation kind of reminds me of the Generation Five argument in the Pokemon fanbase. It seemed like everyone hated those games, but it was more like the fans were really silent. They still are, not gonna lie. Genwunners are overpowering. T.T

The entire situation kind of reminds me of the Generation Five argument in the Pokemon fanbase. It seemed like everyone hated those games, but it was more like the fans were really silent. They still are, not gonna lie. Genwunners are overpowering. T.T
I know how it feels. My two favorite gens are II and IV despite Red being my first video game. Johto really gets overshadowed by gens I and III, and Sinnoh gets hated on a decent amount and is called boring or slow a lot. The only gen I didn't like from the get-go was VI, because X&Y were disappointing in many ways to me, but Omega Ruby made me warm up to VI. Pun intended.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I know how it feels. My two favorite gens are II and IV despite Red being my first video game. Johto really gets overshadowed by gens I and III, and Sinnoh gets hated on a decent amount and is called boring or slow a lot. The only gen I didn't like from the get-go was VI, because X&Y were disappointing in many ways to me, but Omega Ruby made me warm up to VI. Pun intended.
I love Johto and I hate Sinnoh, solely because of the mountain in the middle of the region and that I hate navigating caves. That is my only complaint against Sinnoh, give me the everlasting Surfing any day of the week.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I was in LOVE with X/Y when they came out. It took OR/AS to make me see "oh gosh, these games could have been so much better and they weren't" And don't worry about Gen II, I have a friend who's obsessed with those games. XD

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm not exactly a diehard Pokemon fan, but I have played and overall like the series. I would personally say Gen 2 was my favorite, and I liked Gen 4 to be honest, though I can see why some people were not exactly a fan of it.

Haven't tried out X/Y and OR/AS since I don't have a 3DS.

This truly is notepad hell. This is only one section I haven't even started putting into the editor. I'm finally working on the site. I thought I'd be done hours ago, but my mind and my mouse sorta happened.

end my life

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice

This truly is notepad hell. This is only one section I haven't even started putting into the editor. I'm finally working on the site. I thought I'd be done hours ago, but my mind and my mouse sorta happened.

end my life
The day when Roy gets announced as a playable DLC representative will be the day us Roy supporters will win the battle against the Roy detractors once and for all. Hopefully, he, along with Ryu, gets announced at e3 2015.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I started with Gen II, but Gen IV is probably my fave. I love Platinum. <3 Saving all my hype for the inevitable Sinnoh remakes. :estatic:

end my life
I have a notepad doc where I collected a ton of sources and arguments and counter arguments and whatever that has to do with Roy in Smash 4 over the years. If you need any help with anything, feel free to ask, but it looks like you're doing a good job already. I just don't want you to have a huge load on your back or anything. I know sometimes these things take a lot of time.

I started with Gen II, but Gen IV is probably my fave. I love Platinum. <3 Saving all my hype for the inevitable Sinnoh remakes. :estatic:

I have a notepad doc where I collected a ton of sources and arguments and counter arguments and whatever that has to do with Roy in Smash 4 over the years. If you need any help with anything, feel free to ask, but it looks like you're doing a good job already. I just don't want you to have a huge load on your back or anything. I know sometimes these things take a lot of time.
As Kakashi once said in a terrible fansub with tons of added cursing:

"Leave this **** to me"

I procrastinated on this site for months, but I realized I really need to step my game up lately. I've just been doing little things here and there and that's it. This site has nearly 7000 visitors from just the last month alone, and it's been outdated the whole time, which was a wakeup call after the wakeup call when I was editing it.

A preview of what's to come

Also, check this:

The day when Roy gets announced as a playable DLC representative will be the day us Roy supporters will win the battle against the Roy detractors once and for all. Hopefully, he, along with Ryu, gets announced at e3 2015.
I don't consider Roy's inclusion victory. I consider using the time between his confirmation and his release to justify his inclusion to as many people as possible, getting at least a few people on the Roy hype train like I've already done with a few detractors, then finally having him in my hands as victory.

Troykv

Smash Master
As Kakashi once said in a terrible fansub with tons of added cursing:

"Leave this **** to me"

I procrastinated on this site for months, but I realized I really need to step my game up lately. I've just been doing little things here and there and that's it. This site has nearly 7000 visitors from just the last month alone, and it's been outdated the whole time, which was a wakeup call after the wakeup call when I was editing it.

A preview of what's to come

Also, check this:

I don't consider Roy's inclusion victory. I consider using the time between his confirmation and his release to justify his inclusion to as many people as possible, getting at least a few people on the Roy hype train like I've already done with a few detractors, then finally having him in my hands as victory.

YAY! An Update! I want to read it :bluejump:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 you got dis!

I've been looking at some traffic data, and the site's doing pretty good, especially compared to the older version. If you want me to go into detail about the results, I'll shoot you a PM.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
As much as I don't like Roy in his own game, I do appreciate Smash Bros. for making me like Roy a tad more than I would have. That and I feel like the GBA Fire Emblems should have a character.

Oh and Roy and Roy Koopa memes need to die just like anything involving Lucario/Greninja/Mewtwo. So that's another reason why I wouldn't mind Roy back.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
So...is it too much to ask for anybody that's has both Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS to get all DLC characters for free? I can dream it still might be true since Lucas' pricing isn't unveiled yet.

So...is it too much to ask for anybody that's has both Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS to get all DLC characters for free? I can dream it still might be true since Lucas' pricing isn't unveiled yet.
Mewtwo does have a Wii U and 3DS bundle price, so I have doubts.

I also believe they'd take advantage of distributions, like:

Lucas: Mother 3 digital release coming with codes (inb4 Mother 2 for us westerners :troll:)

Roy: Fire Emblem 6 digital release coming with codes (inb4 FE7 for us westerners :troll:)
also, Hoshido/Nohr and SMT x FE in both physical box codes, and digital purchases through an eshop screen, the TCG in random boosters and guaranteed in certain boxes, and/or Roy's DLC in Awakening (with an Awakening update) could give codes to those who own his DLC in Awakening.

Also, double posting is generally frowned on here. I learned to use the edit button after @ Croph Croph busted my chops when I first joined, just like I did now to edit this in :p

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mewtwo does have a Wii U and 3DS bundle price, so I have doubts.

I also believe they'd take advantage of distributions, like:

Lucas: Mother 3 digital release coming with codes (inb4 Mother 2 for us westerners :troll:)

Roy: Fire Emblem 6 digital release coming with codes (inb4 FE7 for us westerners :troll:)
also, Hoshido/Nohr and SMT x FE in both physical box codes, and digital purchases through an eshop screen, the TCG in random boosters and guaranteed in certain boxes, and/or Roy's DLC in Awakening (with an Awakening update) could give codes to those who own his DLC in Awakening.

Also, double posting is generally frowned on here. I learned to use the edit button after @ Croph Croph busted my chops when I first joined, just like I did now to edit this in :p
If they do re-release FE6 on the VC, i'm really hoping that they tweak Roy's stats to be more in line with Eliwoods stats otherwise it'll be "Roy's horrible in his own game" all over again and that's something I don't want to deal with.

If they do re-release FE6 on the VC, i'm really hoping that they tweak Roy's stats to be more in line with Eliwoods stats otherwise it'll be "Roy's horrible in his own game" all over again and that's something I don't want to deal with.
People talk crap about Eliwood a lot, so make Roy sluggish and bad at hitting things like Hector with no movement boost on promotion, and everyone will love him. Oh yeah, can't stress dropping some of that res to make him mage food enough, either. Trust me, everyone will love him for... some reason I'll never pinpoint. :chuckle:

If Roy promoted at midgame, or carried his own promotion item from the beginning, a lot less of the fanbase would complain about him.

Eliwood pretty much fixed what Roy had going, that too much devoted to luck deal. Still, 325 is a beastly total for FE6, even with Roy's weird stuff, which is why I'm adamant on the belief that Roy would be seen as one of the better lords if he promoted early, especially if he had more of an Eliwood design. Part of it being that Eliwood is always my #1 lord in NHM/HHM, no contest.

Last edited:

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
I saw a previous post about someone mentioning Roy lacking his scabbard or sheath in Melee, and someone said that it could have been a bug. I looked at the beta elements in a wiki page, and Roy had his scabbard in a beta version of Melee.

Is anyone else aware of this picture of Roy with his scabbard and supposed taunt? Maybe not a taunt, but the wiki page says it's a beta version of an unused character intro in All Star Mode. What if he did have the scabbard, would this have been his taunt? The link is http://www.ssbwiki.com/Roy_(SSBM).

Last edited:
royforsmash4.com

The legend is back. We should mass tweet this to Etika from EWNetwork (Etika World Network) and tell him to clear his cache/cookies and stuff in case he's looked at it before since the sitebuilder I use is booty. Also tell him to make sure the site displays correctly first if he decides to cover it.

https://twitter.com/etikawnetwork

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
royforsmash4.com

The legend is back. We should mass tweet this to Etika from EWNetwork (Etika World Network) and tell him to clear his cache/cookies and stuff in case he's looked at it before since the sitebuilder I use is booty. Also tell him to make sure the site displays correctly first if he decides to cover it.

https://twitter.com/etikawnetwork
****in' done.

Hopefully we get more tweets out to Etika. I somehow got Chadtronic (guy with 50k subs) following me when all I do is tweet royforsmash4.com to people. Is this a sign he might make some sort of pro-Roy content? I just tweeted him about it.

"Mass tweeting him (Etika) could help quite a bit. I actually have already been able to contact him though but he's currently having some minor complications, if it's in high demand though, he'll probably do it as soon as possible."
-Jordan from The Royvolution fb group

Also, has anyone seen Adeptmune? She seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet pretty much everywhere. Hoping it's just finals week or something.

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I just worked up the guts to tweet out the website to Etika. It takes me a while to get around to doing things if you ever saw when my "Welcome to Smashboards!" post went up compared to when I joined XD

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Also, has anyone seen Adeptmune? She seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet pretty much everywhere. Hoping it's just finals week or something.
@Adeptmune WHERE ARE YOOOOOU!!!?? :(:(:( :p

Naah, don't worry about it. I'm sure she has her reasons. I know when I'm busy I disappear from time to time.

Also, this is interesting. I got a response from Bandai Namco in the mail today (mailed them some time ago about Roy for DLC and whatnot). I didn't think they'd respond. Glad they did though, but the letter seems like a generic response about them thanking me for the feedback and they'll forward it to the right department team for future consideration. Got some free swag which is nice.

Pack of Naruto cards, Tales 10th anniversary soundtrack (volume 2), DBZ cardboard hat thing, and a SoulCalibur poster. It's nice to see companies respond and send out promotional stuff like this, hopefully this motivates people to send letters. =P

I have no idea if IS is going to respond though. Not really expecting them to anyway.

Last edited:

royalblue

Smash Cadet
She told me last week that she was really busy with homework and finals, so that's probably the reason. Hopefully she will be back soon.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Hey there, everyone! Seems like you guys have talked about quite a lot since the bit of time I was gone. I'm trying my best to keep up with Smashboards and you guys, but real life stuff really gets in the way most of the time.

So just in case you guys wanna know when I'm normally around, it's like this. I normally get home around 4 PM, and I go to sleep on 10 PM, that's my routine of Monday to Thursday. I usually get home on 12 PM on Friday, and I'm completely free by that point most of the time until the week starts over, so yeah.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I saw a previous post about someone mentioning Roy lacking his scabbard or sheath in Melee, and someone said that it could have been a bug. I looked at the beta elements in a wiki page, and Roy had his scabbard in a beta version of Melee.

Is anyone else aware of this picture of Roy with his scabbard and supposed taunt? Maybe not a taunt, but the wiki page says it's a beta version of an unused character intro in All Star Mode. What if he did have the scabbard, would this have been his taunt? The link is http://www.ssbwiki.com/Roy_(SSBM).
Did you know? While it's not apart of him during battle, the scabbard is there during his victory taunts!

roysheath.png

(I personally believe that his battle taunt would've had him sheathing his sword had the scabbard been there.)

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Did you know? While it's not apart of him during battle, the scabbard is there during his victory taunts!

View attachment 49248

(I personally believe that his battle taunt would've had him sheathing his sword had the scabbard been there.)
Speaking of that, did someone ever confirm why Roy doesn't have the scabbard during actual gameplay despite him appearing with it in almost everything else?

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman

Gah, he would have looked so cool with the scabbard. D: Too bad it didn't make it into the release version.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's not even a week. You're making it seem as if she's been off for a month or so.

:231:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Speaking of that, did someone ever confirm why Roy doesn't have the scabbard during actual gameplay despite him appearing with it in almost everything else?
I'm not sure if it's been specifically said why. It could be because of a bug... Although, when I see Roy in that unused screenshot, the scabbard's pointing downwards, and if you compare it to his trophy where he's taunting, you can see the scabbard shift position. I'm sure the scabbard's intended to move in-game when he taunts. So, perhaps a reason why they dropped the scabbard was because they didn't have enough time or resources to program it in-game? Or maybe it's the same reason why Roy doesn't have his scabbard in PM (whatever reason that may be)?

Well, I think it would be nice to see Roy have his scabbard in-game this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom