• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
So the Fire Emblem concert has come and gone, and I'm only finding "Sakurai is going to make an announcement!" search results. WHAT WAS THE ANNOUNCEMENT?

I'm only asking because I don't think it was anything Smash-related, since if it were I'm sure the Internet would be riding the Roy hype train into the Sun right now.
Isn't the concert on 24th and 25th July?

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Together we Ride, have you guys heard about the Fakku sponsorship of a Canadian player recently? It's on the front page here at Smashboards, so I figured that was enough relevancy to mention here.

We should totally get them to support Roy. Let's get Obamacare, Trojan, Petsmart, Walgreens,and Nike to support Roy, too.

(I'm half serious on this, any of them sponsoring Roy would be sweet if we could pull that off)
I'll contact Walgreens on the matter. We need other people for Nike, Petsmart, Trojan, and Obamacare. Who's in?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
INB4 Obama supports Roy in his next State of the Union address.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Speaking of Together we Ride, have you guys heard about the Fakku sponsorship of a Canadian player recently? It's on the front page here at Smashboards, so I figured that was enough relevancy to mention here.

We should totally get them to support Roy. Let's get Obamacare, Trojan, Petsmart, Walgreens,and Nike to support Roy, too.

(I'm half serious on this, any of them sponsoring Roy would be sweet if we could pull that off)
I'm all for Trojan sponsorship! :upsidedown:

Seriously though, how is this going to work if someone sponsors Roy? Like I don't even lol.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
I'm gonna try to beat The Binding Blade translated without having anyone die in honor of my boy Roy.

This is gonna be hard because I've never played a Fire Emblem game before. lel. (Already has to restart Chapter 3 again because someone died)

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try to beat The Binding Blade translated without having anyone die in honor of my boy Roy.

This is gonna be hard because I've never played a Fire Emblem game before. lel. (Already has to restart Chapter 3 again because someone died)
After your first playthrough of a game it's miles easier for any game. I went from struggling through Awakening (my first FE game) to being able to play through FE7 with only a little bit of difficulty.

DougX

Smash Champion
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
After your first playthrough of a game it's miles easier for any game. I went from struggling through Awakening (my first FE game) to being able to play through FE7 with only a little bit of difficulty.
Makes sense to me. It explains why I'm so good at a bunch of classic Mario games. XD

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
I would hope so. I mean Lucina and Marth both have them. GAH this would be so cool to have Roy in the game XD
When I first heard about DLC I figured we mgith get alt skins for the game instead of full characters, and I wanted atleast a Roy skin in Smash 4. but if we can actually get the lord of flames in here,, that would just be fan freaking tastic! Roy not being in Brawl was really disapointing.
too many sword fighters..
NEVER TOO MANY SWORD FIGHTERS!!! XD
[Siegfried (soul calibur) for smash XP]

Last edited:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
I really can't wait to have Roy back in smash...today I played a lot with Captain Falcon and Marth, its going to be sooo cool to have a rush down character with a sword.
And I miss the Flare Blade so much... =/

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really can't wait to have Roy back in smash...today I played a lot with Captain Falcon and Marth, its going to be sooo cool to have a rush down character with a sword.
And I miss the Flare Blade so much... =/

We better first wait until he's officially confirmed before really "looking forward" to him though. Otherwise we'll be going through same humiliation conga as Chrom and his supporters.

Just a note.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
We better first wait until he's officially confirmed before really "looking forward" to him though. Otherwise we'll be going through same humiliation conga as Chrom and his supporters.

Just a note.
Yes, sadly I know...but lets recap a bit: a month ago I thought Roy had little to no chance to be in Sm4sh, then the leak gave me some hope again with those files.
Then Sakurai announced that will be a presenter at the Fire Emblem concert, then few days ago the Famitsu article that says that DLC is already in production (this could easily explain Lucas, Ryu and Roy victory themes in that directory) and on top of that after the new update the files are still there, so is almost certainly thats not some random developper office prank or scrapped file either.

I still feel this could turn out to be one of the most elaborate hoax of the last years or something similar, but after so much time I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel for our old main...I just hope is an actual light and not some train in Hanna & Barbera style.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yes, sadly I know...but lets recap a bit: a month ago I thought Roy had little to no chance to be in Sm4sh, then the leak gave me some hope again with those files.
Then Sakurai announced that will be a presenter at the Fire Emblem concert, then few days ago the Famitsu article that says that DLC is already in production (this could easily explain Lucas, Ryu and Roy victory themes in that directory) and on top of that after the new update the files are still there, so is almost certainly thats not some random developper office prank or scrapped file either.

I still feel this could turn out to be one of the most elaborate hoax of the last years or something similar, but after so much time I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel for our old main...I just hope is an actual light and not some train in Hanna & Barbera style.
I know: it's pretty tempting. But one shouldn't get too comfortable over something we don't even have any visual confirmation yet. Gematsu-leak had proven long ago that even most obvious-like leaks are subjected to become outdated pieces of info at best and mere toxic hype-trains at worst. It's better to still stay cautious and just wait while looking for more pieces of info towards more confirmation.

Quoting these wise words I said once to one of my friends (@Arcadenik) back when he anticipated DHD during Ninka/Vaanrose-leak:

I really, really suggest not jumping the gun yet.

Wait for the duck to show for REAL.

Then you're allowed to shoot it down.

(We haven't seen anything about the Dog yet, wait for that visual evidence confirmation, alright

I'm rooting for you)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yes but is still 51 days till E3...its like 3 ice ages in Internet time!
Yeah - perhaps spend time with other things and take your head off this for a while, IDK.

I said once to naysayers that I'd predict the "hype" around Roy being apparently planned dying quick and now people have to deal with actual waiting to see if this is actually true and is he been elevated to playable status. While we have more trusted sources claiming they found the files + potential events where we could test the legitimacy of this leak, we still have to yet get to the point where we can really show people that Roy being a thing is not a fluke based on pieces of info that might be outdated, or even a very elaborate hoax (which the trusted dataminer resources will instantly lose respect from the communities around them and all over the internet if it proves to be so.)

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Let's appreciate Roy's super-cool taunt pose, shall we?

So, I imagine there must have been a bug or collision problem with Roy's Sheath in Melee for it to be cut in the game. Lets hope it is added back in Smash 4.

I just checked out Roy's Smash Wiki, and his up smash spikes? How often have the Roy mains here landed a spike and killed someone off of the top of the stage?

•Col•

Smash Champion
I just checked out Roy's Smash Wiki, and his up smash spikes? How often have the Roy mains here landed a spike and killed someone off of the top of the stage?
Hitting with the spike hitbox on his upsmash is pretty unreliable and really wonky.. But putting that aside how do you kill someone off the top of the screen using a spike, which launches people downwards? o.O

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Hitting with the spike hitbox on his upsmash is pretty unreliable and really wonky.. But putting that aside how do you kill someone off the top of the screen using a spike, which launches people downwards? o.O
Sorry, I assumed it was like Falcon's Knee, which launches sideways, and that his Up Smash would upwards.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
So, I imagine there must have been a bug or collision problem with Roy's Sheath in Melee for it to be cut in the game. Lets hope it is added back in Smash 4.

I've landed spike kills with the usmash twice, both on AI. It's a really weird angle - usually down-right, and it's basically as hard as landing Marth's tipper usmash.

You might land it if you try to waveland onto a platform on Yoshi's/Battlefield and just throw it out. Probably won't work, but that's probably your best chance.

If it's still there in Sm4sh it'll be the most useless spike ever.

Last edited:

Get all Gaiden chapters, keep all legendary weapons with at least one use each, and finish the final boss with Roy for the best ending.
http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/miscellaneous/gaiden-chapters/
It's generally best to promote around Lv20, don't overuse pre-promoted units until at least midgame, and a party of 10-12 (Roy, Lalum/Elphin if you choose to use one, a healer) is what I'd generally advise as a beginner's party for FE6.

Yeah - perhaps spend time with other things and take your head off this for a while, IDK.

I said once to naysayers that I'd predict the "hype" around Roy being apparently planned dying quick and now people have to deal with actual waiting to see if this is actually true and is he been elevated to playable status. While we have more trusted sources claiming they found the files + potential events where we could test the legitimacy of this leak, we still have to yet get to the point where we can really show people that Roy being a thing is not a fluke based on pieces of info that might be outdated, or even a very elaborate hoax (which the trusted dataminer resources will instantly lose respect from the communities around them and all over the internet if it proves to be so.)
This. Mainly, we should keep getting quality votes and supporters in for Roy, rather than simply getting hopes up, so that:

1: Chances of development are higher.
2: He gets in sooner so we can play him sooner and have more time to support other characters we want.
3: He gets more love put into him during development and more smart feedback is taken into account.

I've landed Roy's dair meteor and third hit up DED meteor many, many times, in both bracket and friendlies in both Melee and PM, but I rarely ever land the usmash true spike. I think Roy's dair is no longer a meteor and is now a true spike in PM 3.5, I'm unsure. The best part of PM Roy is that the dair meteor/spike now has reasonable knockback, it's fairly wimpy in Melee.

I kill off the top a lot with dsmash and usmash, both come out quick and anyone who isn't a fastfaller dies at scary percents from them, especially on platforms or low ceiling stages. Still decent kill moves on fastfallers, Roy's DACUS is beastly in PM. Sometimes I kill off the top with utilt, or if they're at 200+ I just pummel -> uthrow to kill if I get a grab. My favorite kills off the top are from Blazer (sometimes normal Blazer works, reverse blazer is pretty beefy) on floatier characters at any %, especially if I can true combo into them. Reverse Blazer on Jigglypuff is pretty dumb:

I see u in the comments @ SchAlternate SchAlternate

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
This. Mainly, we should keep getting quality votes and supporters in for Roy, rather than simply getting hopes up, so that:

1: Chances of development are higher.
2: He gets in sooner so we can play him sooner and have more time to support other characters we want.
3: He gets more love put into him during development and more smart feedback is taken into account.
I agree. We might have a long wait until Roy's confirmed, but we should still try to reach out and support Roy as much as possible. A good thing about this leak is that it may give hope for people who thought Roy has no chance of returning, thus encouraging them to vote and support Roy. A good eye opener I'd say. Plus he's getting spotlight from a lot of vids focusing on this leak, which is never a bad thing.

If we do get Roy, I'd expect to see his reveal at E3 (huge publicity). But, on the chance he doesn't get revealed, it's still possible we could see Roy at the FE concert, so there's no need to panic just yet. I'm anxious for the FE concert as well, actually. It may seem like a long wait for E3 and the concert, but I know time flies. =P

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Occasionally, by freak accident. It only happens at the beginning of the move, and I believe you hit with tip. And it's awkward, yeah.

I see u in the comments @ SchAlternate SchAlternate
I get that a lot.

DougX

Smash Champion
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Get all Gaiden chapters, keep all legendary weapons with at least one use each, and finish the final boss with Roy for the best ending.
http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/miscellaneous/gaiden-chapters/
It's generally best to promote around Lv20, don't overuse pre-promoted units until at least midgame, and a party of 10-12 (Roy, Lalum/Elphin if you choose to use one, a healer) is what I'd generally advise as a beginner's party for FE6.
Well, this is gonna make my life harder if I ever motivate myself enough to try and carry on more in the game. I suck at strategy games, but I MUST CHANNEL MY INNER ROY! XD

Well, this is gonna make my life harder if I ever motivate myself enough to try and carry on more in the game. I suck at strategy games, but I MUST CHANNEL MY INNER ROY! XD
You could abuse savestates and arena abuse a handful of units at every arena assuming you emulate, and/or abuse the support system asap, keep three saves to toggle between the last few chapters in case you miss something or want to redo stuff a bit back, and turtle for all chapters that don't have a gaiden turn requirement for the game in general to make it as easy as possible.

It's all frowned upon by hardcore FE fans, but after playing through the series I don't care how easy/hard others make the games for themselves so ayyyyy.

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
You could abuse savestates and arena abuse a handful of units at every arena assuming you emulate, and/or abuse the support system asap, keep three saves to toggle between the last few chapters in case you miss something or want to redo stuff a bit back, and turtle for all chapters that don't have a gaiden turn requirement for the game in general to make it as easy as possible.

It's all frowned upon by hardcore FE fans, but after playing through the series I don't care how easy/hard others make the games for themselves so ayyyyy.
I might try to take that in mind, though I wanna try to do it without save states if I decide to continue on. Due to that, I've had to restart Chapter 3 a few times because I either made a silly mistake or I overestimated the capabilities of some of the lovely soldier people unit things.

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
I did Smashified Roy because I cant wait for my main to come back <3

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I did Smashified Roy because I cant wait for my main to come back <3

Amazing work! <3 <3 <3 Always makes me happy to see people make fanart of Roy I wish I could draw T_T lol

I came across this book. I think it's a manga, as it says "Futabasha", which is a Japanese publishing company. It just caught my eye because Roy seems to be in his Melee taunt pose.

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
^Is there a date for that? Remember that Melee came first than FE6 so probably they used his smash pose instead of actually creating it themselves.

Also thanks <3 The thing about drawing is practicing a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom