• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't mean to bash, but I think adding K.Rool into smash would be a monumental mistake. All we would get is yet another heavy class character as yet another villain. Be reasonable now, should we really include yet another Donkey Kong Rep when there are dozens, if not thousands of unrepresented games in smash bros.

And people really want that one enemy from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises because... why?
Because Kirby and Fire Emblem (3 Original Reps) have less sales than DK.

And the character has received support from the times Pre-Brawl.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Roy should have his Master Lord attire as his main outfit, but his Awakening DLC outfit could still be used for a reveal. I don't see the issue of a secondary costume being used for a reveal.

That being said, I can't see his Awakening DLC gear being used as a main costume since 1: It's not from his game of origin, and 2: It's a DLC costume where it originates. Marth and Ike didn't get any special treatment with alts, so I can't see Roy getting it at all. It'd still be pretty sweet. I'm not against it, and I wouldn't mind it being his main appearance too much.

Maybe we'll see alternate DLC costumes, including the FE crew. Lucina is going to be DLC in FE: If, Marth is confirmed and there's hints towards Ike, maybe a distribution is planned there and those costumes or a previous appearance for each character will show. We have Mii Fighter outfits as DLC, are character alts really out of the question as a price in-between of Miis and DLC characters? Inb4 people say "put x character that doesn't fit at all like Roy on Math/Lucina/Ike as an alt."
Wow, I didn't know Lucina and Marth will be DLC characters for FE: If. I just read an article on that: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/14/marth-lucina-fire-emblem-dlc-characters/

I wonder if the FE amiibos will work down the road. And I also wonder how they'll handle the DLC characters. Will it be similar to Awakening? Hmm.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
It's called Sakurai bias, it's not really that hard to understand.
I know. Just wanted to say because people are asking the character rather than characters from other franchises that don't have a character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So mostly all veterans sans Icies (because Toon Link is Young Link and Pichu is... Pikachu?) and 3 newcomers.

I'd dig.
Basically yeah but not so much for Young Link. I think Young Link can potentially return to the series with his Melee moveset + MM masks but that will have to wait until SSB5 since transformations don't work on the 3DS. Pichu I guess is sorta lost in the shuffle but you never know. He might appear again in a Smash game one day.

I don't mean to bash, but I think adding K.Rool into smash would be a monumental mistake. All we would get is yet another heavy class character as yet another villain. Be reasonable now, should we really include yet another Donkey Kong Rep when there are dozens, if not thousands of unrepresented games in smash bros.

And people really want that one enemy from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, with absolutely no character to speak of whatsoever, or defining features because... why?
DK only has 2 reps and it's still a pretty big Nintendo franchise (DKC 1-3 and DK64 were classics from back in the day).

K. Rool is a pretty comical villain like Bowser is. I'm not sure were you got that idea. Villains are actually rather underrepresented in the series and K. Rool along with Wolf will help solve that problem.

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
Honestly, I would hate if Roy got added in again. He's just another clone of Lucina & Marth. I see no need for him to be in, but he is a fan favourite - which would please a lot of people.

Steelia

Smash Champion
And people really want that one enemy from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, with absolutely no character to speak of whatsoever, or defining features because... why?
Outside of being an obese crocodile with a serious bulging eye and constantly breaking the 4th wall . . . did you know the whole reason he stole DK's banana hoard from DKC1 was so that DK and his pals could starve to death? That was the *only* reason he took them. He doesn't even eat them! Dude's a straight-up psychopath.

And when he gets his revenge by kidnapping DK in DKC2, he pretty violently pushes DK's **** in when you encounter him.
Likewise, he kidnaps DK again (with Diddy) in DKC3 and stuffs them in a massive robot, which he uses to instruct his new army of baddies because... they kind of hate him after he blew up their island in the 2nd game.

Point is, saying K. Rool has no personality or unique abilities is about as bad as saying Roy has nothing unique to bring to the table as a swordsmen.

Honestly, I would hate if Roy got added in again. He's just another clone of Lucina & Marth. I see no need for him to be in, but he is a fan favourite - which would please a lot of people.
There's no need for any DLC whatsoever, it's just a nice addition.

Why come into our thread just to say that, and then put a shield up after? There's tons of info within the op tackling the only issue you bring up, too.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

...WWEEEEELLLL!! Listen herewhile I make it clear ♪I can't believe you can't see what we see here! ♪ (That 'One of Us' video, lol.:p)

King K. Rool will most certainly not be a mistake for Nintendo to include as a DLC fighter. Many people have held the King very close to their hearts and gaming careers, since DK Country is one of the most iconic Nintendo franchises, and as Steelia pointed out above as I write this, his villainous deeds are noteworthy, and so is his development as one. In DKC1, he just stole DK's Bananas for his own greed, wanting to be a jerk or to starve DK to death. In DKC2, he holds Donkey Kong hostage for his banana hoard, and even shoots at him point blank just to pass the time, And holds DK and the Hoo-ha:4diddy: hostage TO POWER A ROBOT ...

And this is before he decides, "Well, if I can't have DK Island, then nobody should." DK64 is when K. Rool goes to the full extremes as a villain.

All of the moveset potential K. Rool has can easily be found in his boss battles, from his Krown toss in DKC1, his Blunderbuss from DKC2 and even the Helicopter pack/Electricity from DKC3 and even boxing proficiency! But this is the Roy thread. I should probably leave with this...
From GameFAQs' donkey_kong_jr_:

King K. Roy.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Again with the assumptions :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I don't see why Sakurai would cut and paste Roy from Melee to Smash 4 with no changes. Especially when you consider that Lucina has the role of "Marth clone". He's not going to make a paid DLC character another direct clone.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I liked K. Rool in the old DK Country cartoon. Sure, everything is very campy and it's separate from the games, but the cartoon really made me like K. Rool as a kid.

Personality doesn't matter much in Smash anyway, because they could always give characters who are "bland" in their source game a different portrayal. Smash is non-canon anyway. Just look how fabulous :4marth: is~ And also :4rob: and :4gaw: especially in Brawl's SSE...

Maan, I kinda wish we have something similar to the SSE just so I could see Roy in some nice cut-scenes lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I used to think that CGI cartoon was like the best thing ever when I was 5 years old.

.........How times have changed..........

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
I never thought I say this but I'm looking forward Roy joining in the battle again. I might actually main him. I thought he didnt have a chance, but turns out I'm wrong. Haters really need to calm down. He's not taking anyone's spot and if you don't like the character don't buy him. Simple as that. Besides, he could be a semi-clone seeing how he was planned for brawl.

I never thought I say this but I'm looking forward Roy joining in the battle again. I might actually main him. I thought he didnt have a chance, but turns out I'm wrong. Haters really need to calm down. He's not taking anyone's spot and if you don't like the character don't buy him. Simple as that. Besides, he could be a semi-clone seeing how he was planned for brawl.
I'm pretty sure were getting Roy and Ryu. There's no way these are scrapped files. Especially with the Kirby bug that happened recently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok now the same guys now may have dug even deeper.

He found 5 more slots (all are under mewtwo so lucas is one) (they are all marked as mario.)

Oh and 7 dlc stages as well.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Don't see how adding another heavyweight (which Smash is lacking in) villain (again, there's not a lot of villains) is a bad thing anyway. Plus K. Rool's very popular to boot.

As for "why" people want K. Rool...

People like what they like. What's the big deal? I cannot speak on the behalf of every fan, as everyone will have different answers, but I think the croc is pretty cool.

I used to think that CGI cartoon was like the best thing ever when I was 5 years old.

.........How times have changed..........
Looking back on it, I still think the cartoon is charming in it's own way... There's some nice catchy songs, but there's some issues as well (clipping could be bad at times, certain voice acting, etc.).

I will admit that I'm not really a fan of Roy at all but I am really looking forward to Awkward Zombie's comic when he is formally announced (presumably at the Fire Emblem Concert in July).
Another reason why I want Roy to return. :awesome: The potential for the comics, maaan.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I will admit that I'm not really a fan of Roy at all but I am really looking forward to Awkward Zombie's comic when he is formally announced (presumably at the Fire Emblem Concert in July).
I'm sure she'll make a comic with Roy being the one behind the leak. And somehow got Ryu involved in this.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I know I should stop making connections to Smash and the FE concert, but there's that mini-drama with FE VAs taking place... And during the talk show we know that Sakurai's going to be present, among some FE and Nintendo devs. However, there's 2 special guests that's TBA. If one of them is Jun Fukuyama I will **** bricks.

Ok, not expecting that. But still, I'm wondering who'll be the special guests.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

So let me get this straight:

- K Rool is too similar to existing characters in the game, which you are posting in the thread supporting a character who is historically very similar to two characters already in the game.
- K Rool shouldn't be included as yet another representative of a series with only 2 characters, which you post in the thread supporting a character from a franchise with 4 characters in the game already.

Pit: "Nice Try!"

@Roy fans: If it sounds like I'm trying to bash your character, I'm not. I actually quite hope the leak is true because of Ryu, and enjoyed a bit of Roy back in the day.

Edit: In retrospect I should've guessed there'd be a user called Roy.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I know I should stop making connections to Smash and the FE concert, but there's that mini-drama with FE VAs taking place... And during the talk show we know that Sakurai's going to be present, among some FE and Nintendo devs. However, there's 2 special guests that's TBA. If one of them is Jun Fukuyama I will **** bricks.

Ok, not expecting that. But still, I'm wondering who'll be the special guests.
INB4 Fukuyama appears at the event dressed as Roy.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
So let me get this straight:

- K Rool is too similar to existing characters in the game, which you are posting in the thread supporting a character who is historically very similar to two characters already in the game.
- K Rool shouldn't be included as yet another representative of a series with only 2 characters, which you post in the thread supporting a character from a franchise with 4 characters in the game already.

Pit: "Nice Try!"

@Roy fans: If it sounds like I'm trying to bash your character, I'm not. I actually quite hope the leak is true because of Ryu, and enjoyed a bit of Roy back in the day.
Since I am getting attacked so much, allow me to state my case.

You took my points extremely out of context. I am not saying that I don't want K.Rool in smash, I just think that his inclusion would be a terrible idea overall.

K.Rool is a terrible choice for a myriad of reasons. I'll try to list them out so that you can understand:

• They will never make K. Rool a fast character. Believe it or not, that would be what is known as "overpowered." As such, we will have yet another large, power character to go along with the likes of :
  • ROB (Who fills the "heavy with projectiles" niche),
  • Bowser (who fills the "heavy with tons of killing power" niche),
  • Ganondorf(Who fills the "heavy with grapples" niche),
  • DeDeDe (Who fills the niche of having melee range + a neat projectile,)
  • DK (Who fills the "heavy with melee range" niche),
  • and Charizard, (Who at this point is a heavy character simply because he can be.)
Notice the overlap already?

To summarize real quick, K. Rool would be yet another heavy character among six others. As you can see by my lovely chart, there are no other niches for K. Rool to fit as a character. Any attempt to create a move set for him would result in him overlapping with an already made, preset character.

Oh how I can already hear you scream:

YOU DUMBASS, WHAT ABOUT THE MID-WEIGHT CHARACTERS?!?!?!? LAWLS!

Mid-weight characters are abundant because they are the middle between light and heavy. Therefore it makes sense for the cast to overall be based towards mid-sized characters like Mario and Luigi. As such, Overlap is to be expected. Overlap is OK for Middle weight characters because unlike Heavy Weights, Most middle weight characters have some diversity outside of the obvious clones.

And the whole point I bring up series representation is this:

Why should we have yet another character, who at this point shows no potential outside of replacing the role of a pre-existing character, for no other reason but "i liek Dankey kAng".

What I would MUCH rather Nintendo do is something that they did with Melee.

Any of you remember Roy? Any of you remember how Marth and Roy showed up in Smash Bros before they even had their own game in English? Do you remember how much you liked Roy because he looked so cool then you wanted to know what game he was from?

Do you remember Shulk? And how only a few people knew who he was before Smash Bros?

How about instead of rehashing a character who, by the way, hasn't seen a main series game since 1999, we get someone new to promote a new game? Perhaps a character from Zelda U, StarFox U, Splatoon, or something we haven't even heard of yet?

Finally, this is for all you trolls out there, gonna try to rip me to shreds over my own character choices, the characters I want in Smash have no series representation yet. If you're gonna try and rip me apart by saying:

LAWL GOLDEN SUN HASN'T SEEN A GAME SINCE 2010 LAWLAWLAWL
Then you simply have no argument.

TL:DR

K.Rool would have to take the role of an existing character to be included in smash.
I would much rather see some characters from games that haven't been released yet.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

That's a goldmine of a post to go through, but I may as well pick out the most blatant of its many flaws, "Bowser is a heavy with a ton of killing power." I guess ALL heavyweights are terrible and redundant characters for that shared trait?

Last edited:

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice

That's a goldmine of a post to go through, but I may as well pick out the most blatant of its many flaws, "Bowser is a heavy with a ton of killing power." I guess ALL heavyweights are terrible and redundant characters for that shared trait?
I would like if you would stop taking my post out of context. I am not saying all heavies are terrible, hell, I like playing heavies sometimes because they have a ton of killing power.

My problem is when they take the ratio of "heavy-to-light" characters, and skew it so badly. My fear is that if the do change the roster, and add more heavy characters, then heavy characters would outnumber their counterpart. meaning the roster would become literally "unbalanced."

Would you like to play a game with five heavy characters, ten medium characters, and one light character? It would give off the impression that the developers did not put as much effort into the light characters.

And finally, if you won't bother going through my evidence, then I will disregard any evidence that you will attempt to cite.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
TL:DR

K.Rool would have to take the role of an existing character to be included in smash.
And god forbid if that ever happens in any scenario.

I would like if you would stop taking my post out of context. I am not saying all heavies are terrible, hell, I like playing heavies sometimes because they have a ton of killing power.

My problem is when they take the ratio of "heavy-to-light" characters, and skew it so badly. My fear is that if the do change the roster, and add more heavy characters, then heavy characters would outnumber their counterpart. meaning the roster would become literally "unbalanced."

Would you like to play a game with five heavy characters, ten medium characters, and one light character? It would give off the impression that the developers did not put as much effort into the light characters.

And finally, if you won't bother going through my evidence, then I will disregard any evidence that you will attempt to cite.
You say that there would be a flood of heavyweights in this game, when not a single heavyweight has been added in the game (besides Bowser Jr., and even he would be mid-heavy), and a grand majority of the cast is either lightweight or middleweight.

But enough about K. Rool, this is the Roy thread, dangit.

EDIT: Used a wrong word there, oops.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would go through evidence if you had posted any. You did not. You posted extremely specific perspectives on existing heavyweights, before pretending that no other possibilities exist beyond them or that no overlap occurs between those perspectives. Funny how there's endless possibilities for middle and lightweight newcomer movesets, but a single additional heavy? Too far! To be frank, I can't tell whether you legitimately believe what you're saying there or if you're trolling.

If you're serious, I feel you would benefit from reading this Reddit thread on heavyweights (although its lists are incomplete, now that Mewtwo is yet another lightweight, and Roy and Lucas are to become two more middleweights). The K. Rool thread also has a plethora of moveset options for him on its front page if you'd like to check them out.

This is where I remind everyone that Roy's thread is intended for the discussion of Roy. If anyone would like to continue this conversation regarding the Kremling King, they may continue it in his designated thread.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Both sides should take it to the K. Rool thread.

That said it's been a while since we saw a detractor around here. I'm looking forward to the ensuing debate.

:231:

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
inb4 Roy's a heavyweight.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666 , that's an interesting Reddit thread. Gonna bookmark that one.

But yeah, any ideas on who'll be the 2 special guests? I'm very interested to see how this whole FE concert and talk show will go.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
inb4 Roy's a heavyweight.
That may actually be an interesting change, although I don't see him being anywhere near as heavy as Ike.

How much would his playstyle change if he were a middleweight, at most? I mean, besides making up for his currently shameful recovery.

Lucas? It's okay for him to return and everyone to be happy, even though it makes both Mother reps clones of each other.

Wolf? It's okay for people to want him even though all three Star Fox characters would be a clone triangle based on Fox.

Roy? How dare us. How dare we want our favorite character. How dare we want a clone when Robin and Ike are unique enough. How dare we don't make clones taboo and whine about them endlessly. How dare we want another FE rep even though there's a TCG, three games, and a concert coming up on the 25th anniversary of the series. How dare we want a swordsman when there's many more characters who use punches and kicks to fight. How dare we want to give people their Melee main back. How dare we simply want a character we like.

But it's okay when Roy fans are the victim anywhere Roy is brought up. It's okay for us to be hated and to do nothing about it with the Roy and Ryu leak. Right, guys?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Jun Fukyama and Roy.

Fukyama will reveal that he used his otherworldly powers to transport Roy in to our world though he'll admit that its awkward to stand next to the character he voices. Roy will then take the mic, thanking Fukyama for bringing him to our world and also confirming rumors about his return. He will then go on a 2 hour rant about how friggin stupid his haters are for saying he can't return to Smash and will proceed to Flare Blade all of his haters across the globe (use your imagination on this one). He will then promptly let everyone know that the concert is over and that he'll look forward to being playable in Smash 4 while the audience applauses in sheer fear of potentially receiving a Flare Blade.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Lucas? It's okay for him to return and everyone to be happy, even though it makes both Mother reps clones of each other.

Wolf? It's okay for people to want him even though all three Star Fox characters would be a clone triangle based on Fox.

Roy? How dare us. How dare we want our favorite character. How dare we want a clone when Robin and Ike are unique enough. How dare we don't make clones taboo and whine about them endlessly. How dare we want another FE rep even though there's a TCG, three games, and a concert coming up on the 25th anniversary of the series. How dare we want a swordsman when there's many more characters who use punches and kicks to fight. How dare we want to give people their Melee main back. How dare we simply want a character we like.

But it's okay when Roy fans are the victim anywhere Roy is brought up. It's okay for us to be hated and to do nothing about it with the Roy and Ryu leak. Right, guys?
If we do end up getting Roy, prepare for A LOT more backlash from some people. Just a heads up (there's backlash even on the possibility of Ryu).

I figured something like this was inevitable if Roy returns. Smashboards isn't that bad, but places like gamefaqs... I feel like the whole board would just implode upon seeing Roy's reveal lol.

It's fine if you're not interested in a character, but there's a clear difference between being indifferent or personally not agreeing with a choice and being a plain jerk.

But, there are other characters and fanbases that have detractors as well. Keep a cool head when dealing with such people. I keep telling myself that seeing Roy's reveal would be so worth it in the end, especially after all these years (just like with Mewtwo. Even if it's just gameplay showcase, it's all hype).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Detractors have nothing better to do than just hate and hate because either their character didn't get in, their misinformed (or ignorant), their flat out stubborn; think the roster revolves around what they want, or their d*cks that want to rain on others parade.

Thankfully, the amount of people who hate for the above reasons are decreasing because we have taken a stand and let them know that we won't tolerate their BS. TBH, the only people that really hate for stupid reasons are GF's and some other YT idiots. The vast majority of people in the Smash community are either for Roy's return or are neutral towards him. It's just that annoying vocal minority that thinks the series revolves around what they want only. The poll for the news article on the front page of Smashboards regarding Ryu and Roy proves that.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Love how the thread was crawling before the sound files were found and then people scamper here like they supported Roy from the beginning. And they still call him a clone. Jeez can't people get that Roy isn't the clone Lucina is. Just because he and marth share moves doesn't mean he's a clone. Wolf is a clone with slightly different moves. Lucina is marth with no tip. Dark pit is dark pit. Dr Mario is Mario with an out if it and a better moveset. Roy "decloned" in PM which he was way better than marth. If Roy came back hr would be a hell of a lot better than marth since his range was nerfed. Roy never had range problems did he now. Nope he's a beast in PM and I could care less if he was melee Roy since he'd be better than the same old marth we got. Just make his fair a bit easier to land like in PM and give him his good bair from PM and he'd be awesome. It bugs me to see people say he's a clone or say they don't want him back and would rather have banjo or king k rool. Vets should come first. Honestly the third party people want won't come. Really why would a dead game from a dead company get a rep. RARE is dead and so is banjo and DK. Keep it real not a dream. When we have the vets back then you can dream.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
The hate for Roy is much better than what we got before, when Roy's fate was uncertain and undecided, so the words of the detractors were more hard-hitting and "my opinion is fact"-ish. I think that the hate for Roy will eventually simmer down though, acceptance is the last stage of the five stages of grief, and we've seen it happen with Lucas and Wolf, two characters that were similarly mostly hated in Brawl(for being clones), yet are now being celebrated or at the very least tolerated by the same community that seemed to hate them. So basically, the solution to the unfortunate Roy hate is waiting...not exactly comforting, but that's reality for you.
Love how the thread was crawling before the sound files were found and then people scamper here like they supported Roy from the beginning. And they still call him a clone. Jeez can't people get that Roy isn't the clone Lucina is. Just because he and marth share moves doesn't mean he's a clone. Wolf is a clone with slightly different moves. Lucina is marth with no tip. Dark pit is dark pit. Dr Mario is Mario with an out if it and a better moveset. Roy "decloned" in PM which he was way better than marth. If Roy came back hr would be a hell of a lot better than marth since his range was nerfed. Roy never had range problems did he now. Nope he's a beast in PM and I could care less if he was melee Roy since he'd be better than the same old marth we got. Just make his fair a bit easier to land like in PM and give him his good bair from PM and he'd be awesome. It bugs me to see people say he's a clone or say they don't want him back and would rather have banjo or king k rool. Vets should come first. Honestly the third party people want won't come. Really why would a dead game from a dead company get a rep. RARE is dead and so is banjo and DK. Keep it real not a dream. When we have the vets back then you can dream.
Wolf is a clone but Roy isn't? Wat. And sharing moves is precisely why a character is called a clone, and if it's not, then how does having "slightly different" moves make a character a clone? Doesn't make sense.
Roy is a clone, but there's nothing wrong with that. Clones are alright. There's more to the individuality of a character than the moves they inherit.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, even Dark Pit's detractors have calmed down by now. Same will happen in our case. There isn't much point in complaining about something you can't change.

Detractors have nothing better to do than just hate and hate because either their character didn't get in, their misinformed (or ignorant), their flat out stubborn; think the roster revolves around what they want, or their d*cks that want to rain on others parade.

Thankfully, the amount of people who hate for the above reasons are decreasing because we have taken a stand and let them know that we won't tolerate their BS. TBH, the only people that really hate for stupid reasons are GF's and some other YT idiots. The vast majority of people in the Smash community are either for Roy's return or are neutral towards him. It's just that annoying vocal minority that thinks the series revolves around what they want only. The poll for the news article on the front page of Smashboards regarding Ryu and Roy proves that.
As it stands, Roy in Melee is as much of a clone as Dark Pit. Dr. Mario and Wolf are more differentiated from Mario and Fox, respectively. This is a fact, I'm afraid. That doesn't mean he deserves the hate though, of course.

:231:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom