• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think it woud be better to have the hypothetical FE7/FE6 remake launched a good year after Roy's inclusion because if it gets released shortly after, people will go about how him coming back was another promotional tool and whatnot. Would also be better to release 1 year apart from Roy being in Smash because..

- Fire Emblem If will be the newest FE game so emphasis would be put on that game for a good year.

- This will allow FE to have it's first ever worldwide launch if it get released in mid-late 2016.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Instead of saying that they'll only focus on putting one song for the trailer, I say that they'll put different themes together like they did with Lucas.

Oh, and something to mention... Roy will be getting TWO brand new taunts. I can't wait to see what those will be, this has to be the best thing about his inclusion.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Instead of saying that they'll only focus on putting one song for the trailer, I say that they'll put different themes together like they did with Lucas.

Oh, and something to mention... Roy will be getting TWO brand new taunts. I can't wait to see what those will be, this has to be the best thing about his inclusion.
I sorta hope we get Jun provide voice clips to those, just imagine the possibilities for showing more badassery!

(Though there's still the fact that Marth didn't, getting two bit generic-ish taunts on place despite one referring to his critical animation in FE1)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think it woud be better to have the hypothetical FE7/FE6 remake launched a good year after Roy's inclusion because if it gets released shortly after, people will go about how him coming back was another promotional tool and whatnot. Would also be better to release 1 year apart from Roy being in Smash because..

- Fire Emblem If will be the newest FE game so emphasis would be put on that game for a good year.

- This will allow FE to have it's first ever worldwide launch if it get released in mid-late 2016.
Remake would be sweet.

But is it crazy i get the feeling that FE:if is elibe connected somehow? I cant shake the feeling....

-Drop and ripple effect similar to FE7
- Looks like ninian, and sorta acts it too.
- Spinning thing in her eyes realates to the spinning weapons in the FE 7 intro. Etc.

Ive always wanted a awakening esque sequel for elibe. They did it for akaneia, seems like priam hints future tellius. Why not elibe? It would be so cool if there was a connection.

But hey id take a remake

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Once Roy's done with that little runt, his new name will be Sissy Koopa.

Problem solved.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never thought that I would want more clones in Smash. I'm fine with them, but I'll always take a unique character. Unless the clone is my boy, Roy:roymelee::roypm::4roy:! I just hope that Roy is :4luigi:-fied more, giving him different properties on the moves that he shares with :4marth:/:4lucina:, and giving him a few new moves. But the three things I'm most hyped for are his 2 new taunts, the possibility of both his original and Awakening looks, and the possibility of him keeping his Melee shield breaker. I've never liked Marth's animation on the Brawl shield breaker, and if Roy gets to keep his Melee neutral B, then I'm hype. I hope that he gets revealed at E3 and is available after the FE concert.

EDIT: It would also be nice if his side b helped recovery, but I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My custom taunts...

Up Taunt: Melee taunt.

Side Taunt: Does an animation with his sword that provokes his opponent; enticing them to attack him.

Down Taunt: Sets his sword on fire like a badass.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I wish Roy who would get an English voice actor, just like all the other anime or humanoid characters in smash with funny or iconic quotes that end up becoming jokes and memes. "Prepare yourself", "Let's tip the scales", "Time to tip the scales", "I'm really feeling it", "Show me ya moves". Stuff like that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wish Roy who would get an English voice actor, just like all the other anime or humanoid characters in smash with funny or iconic quotes that end up becoming jokes and memes. "Prepare yourself", "Let's tip the scales", "Time to tip the scales", "I'm really feeling it", "Show me ya moves". Stuff like that.
Naw, he needs to stick with his Japanese voice in Smash. Marth sticked with his Japanese VA so the same should happen with him.

Although it would be nice to see Roy as DLC for that Codename S.T.E.A.M game so we can finally hear his English voice.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Boku wa makenai.

If this appears I'll be happy.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Na, Roy Koopa doesn't have jack on Roy-sama-sensei-senpai.

Lets change up the discussion here a little bit. Who is everyone's Fire Emblem crush in this thread? For me, it's Eirika from Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones by a longshot. Lyn is a runner up though.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And we can have Roy vs. Roy matches.

There is something amusing about having two different characters with the same name.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It must be an awesome time to be a Roy fan. Congrats on (probably) getting your character back, fellas and lady fellas.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman

Lets change up the discussion here a little bit. Who is everyone's Fire Emblem crush in this thread? For me, it's Eirika from Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones by a longshot. Lyn is a runner up though.
uh um... i plead the fifth? Nah, I'm not gonna do that. It's gotta be Chrom or Roy actually. (My friends always joke about me Sumia-punching others for amiibo of them xD)

D

Deleted member

And we can have Roy vs. Roy matches.

There is something amusing about having two different characters with the same name.
Yes please. Both are awesome things that must come together.

Anyway, I wonder of what people think of the possibility of us getting a potentially lugified Roy. ChronoBound mentioned how they could port his Brawl assets into this game and I feel if they do that, we might see some changes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes please. Both are awesome things that must come together.

Anyway, I wonder of what people think of the possibility of us getting a potentially lugified Roy. ChronoBound mentioned how they could port his Brawl assets into this game and I feel if they do that, we might see some changes.
Considering Falco and Ganondorf, it's not an unreasonable expectation.

Troykv

Smash Master

I.... I have a crush with a minor character, her name is Sophia from Fuuin no Tsurugi (FE6)

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
wat

dont go full weeb on us now bro

but lyn is where it's at

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It must be an awesome time to be a Roy fan. Congrats on (probably) getting your character back, fellas and lady fellas.
It's actually far from that. We fans have just reignited discussion, but this is quite ambiguous at best, for we've only seen what MIGHT be plans. It's all up for debate.
On my "crushes", closest would be Florina, Raquesis/Lachesis and Elincia.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I predict this WILL be a conquest at some point.

:231:
Do alt costumes even appear in Conquests?

Roy Koopa is just a Bowser Jr. alt, you know...

Anyone playing the Koopalings count as playing as Bowser Jr., after all.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Do alt costumes even appear in Conquests?

Roy Kooaling is just a Bowser Jr. alt, you know...

Anyone playing the Koopalings count as playing as Bowser Jr., after all.
Probably what they will do. Count Bowser Jr. vs. Roy matches.

This is too good of an opportunity to miss.

:231:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I figured some of the ladies would say Marth, Ike, Roy, Ephraim, and Chrom while us guys would say Eirika and Lyn.

But yeah, Eirika > any other FE female when it comes to hotness.

Eriudo-senpai, I...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I guess I'm the only one who had Micaiah as my crush. Then again, I've liked the Telius Saga even more than any other saga in the Fire Emblem franchise. :/

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Roy, Inigo, Stahl, Marth, Camus, Sedgar, Wolf, Horace, Lewyn, Homer, Ephraim, that guy with the pony tail, FE6 Eliwood, FE6 Karel, Percival, Wolt, Ekhidna, Sothe, Volug, Makalov, Titania, that redhead in the white cloak, Oliver, Cervantes...

And this guy:

gheb.png

there's more, but these are the first ones that came into my mind

Oh and Bartre HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT HIM!?

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I finally beat Fire Emblem The Binding Blade, and seeing Masahiro Sakurai's name in the credits gives me further hope for our boy Roy.

I'm willing to bet at they'll show at least one clip / screenshot of our Boy beating up / taunting Roy Koopa
Roy is a boy with a pure heart, he won't sink so low as to get revenge.

IF Roy got a new English voice actor... who do you think should or would be the new VA for Roy.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I guess I'm the only one who had Micaiah as my crush. Then again, I've liked the Telius Saga even more than any other saga in the Fire Emblem franchise. :/
Let's be honest, Micaiah's looks aren't nothing short of being aesthetically pleasant. She's quite pretty.

Roy is a boy with a pure heart, he won't sink so low as to get revenge.
But he'd still show that rascal that his name or reputation is not to be meddled with. :roypm:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Canon schmanon. This is Smash Bros. You can have Zelda inviting Ganondorf to a brunch party with Link and Sheik and no one bats an eye.

Don't forget how fabulous Marth is!

Gotta love smash bros. canon

But yeah, wonder how'd they portray Roy. The fighters seem more expressive this time around, which is a nice detail. I'd honestly be fine if Roy's given an English VA (though I'm not really expecting it), as long in the Japanese version Jun Fukuyama still voices Roy.

D

Deleted member

Just wanted to say congrats to all you Roy fans, since it's looking like he'll be added as DLC. Also, I think it's funny how much hate clones in Smash Bros. get, and yet I think a lot of people prefer to play as them over the originals. I see way more Lucinas online than Marths, for example. So I'll gladly welcome back Roy too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom