• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Yosh, that preview was pure ****. Pure, unadulterated bum ****. I look at your dThrow to FJP (first time seeing this combo btw), and I instantly feel stupid for my dThrow to Hyphen Smash. Stay crunchy Q.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
So i've been playing around with cpus, just funsies. And I came up with a couple ideas for fthrow.

I've noticed that at mid-low percents fthrow will pretty consistantly cause a very quick bounce animation. Of course it's techable but lots of people won't. I've noticed that out of these you can go into a fireball lock or a dash attack (the kind they can't shield grab). I think this could be useful in some situations. Fireball lock is pretty self explanatory, even though you cant get more than like 3 thats still some nice damage. The dash attack is really only good for pushing people off the stage and tacking on some small damage. The added bonus is that the fireball is entirely safe, and will hit even if they regular get up tech it, or could if they roll back tech it. If you're really cool and they roll tech to you, you can abuse that.

I think I'm going to start using this on characters with good dairs that seem to beat dthrow followups. Like lucario and falco, who I've been mostly back throwing.

Edit: Playing some more. Fireball lock finished up with a dash attack off the stage is also an option.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what the timing is. I haven't had an opportunity to test this on a real person yet.

So, honestly. It's possible at best.

TreK

Is "that guy"
duh, the sound with my recorder started to mess up, that's just stupid. I'll still take upload requests for the video thread I'm writing atm, but it's going to be stupid.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

CR4SH

Smash Lord
You might ask arty about it. He plays a pretty mean luigi. He's an illinois player and he secondaires luigi. So maybe you'll see him in chicago this weekend?

yoshq

Smash Master
Lol it's funny you should ask - that was Arty in the vid and I just saw him doing it at a tournament in IL last weekend - that's why I was asking.

yoshq

Smash Master
I still don't get it, which buttons is he pressing? I mean I know how to b reverse, I just want to know which way he's doing it - it's confusing me for some reason. I would have asked him but when I talked to him about it I made it seem like I knew... :(

TreK

Is "that guy"
facing left, it'd be :
hold right - tap left briefly - release - B -right briefly - hold left (for maximum effect)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
D3 can approach in the air while Luigi covers the ground with fire balls
Or Luigi can approach while D3 can covers the air.
D3 and Luigi both can save each other from death off stage.

And let us not forget the down throw megacombos.

down throw to up b
down throw to tilted forward smash to DDDs uptilt which won't get hit by forward smash thanks to invincibility.

Its very easy to get off actually. Go watch any video with Vayseth as D3 in doubles. He does it tons against really good MI players.

Buuuut.
One big weakness I could see happening. Tornado.

Top Bottom