• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Esca

Smash Champion
Gnes actually has a good Marth, Chic. He plays against me ALOT as well. He'll go Diddy against you from now on though. :)

Also, Dphat doesn't play Marth anymore.

Suspect

Smash Hero
u mad?

real question is who are you? Dont come at me trying to dog me when you are no one your self. Makes me regret ever taking your side when you copied junkinthetrunks guide.

Me? im just a brawler from texas who is a ok player.

Anymore smart replies? i know you still mad

Suspect

Smash Hero
idk, ask hippie lol. I dont judge people like that. If i dont know someone then i just dont know them.

Esca

Smash Champion
I don't know who you are Zhao. I can't judge either.

I think Smart could be classified as a play style, based off of pretending aggressive and forcing reaction, then applying the correct move to therein benefit you after his second reaction.

Done.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I don't know who you are Zhao. I can't judge either.

I think Smart could be classified as a play style, based off of pretending aggressive and forcing reaction, then applying the correct move to therein benefit you after his second reaction.

Done.
Again, I was joking. I really don't care if no one knows me or if I'm a somebody. I asked Suspect as a joke because he called hippie a 'no one', then I asked hippie because I knew he would say something ridiculous such as 'Zhao **** combo"

I don't think playing Smart is one individual play-style, but a major attribute to any and all play-styles.

Suspect

Smash Hero
i called him that simply because that is what he assumed of me.

would of been different if like m2k or something asked me that because i was questioning his mk.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
i dont even know what happened to the convo, was just random stuff lmfaooo

to bring back to my original topic =

what 3 original playstyles does luigi have (can be more, but original/simple please, and this is for the knowledgeable luigis k thx)

serious discussion.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
i dont even know what happened to the convo, was just random stuff lmfaooo

to bring back to my original topic =

what 3 original playstyles does luigi have (can be more, but original/simple please, and this is for the knowledgeable luigis k thx)

serious discussion.
What? If we had to pick three, the only viable ones are passive-aggresive, amaterish aggresive (a la SHADANAUT), and a defensive style. The first one is aggressive spacing essentially, the second one is just running in there thinking that Luigi can combo anyone, and the third one is hit and run, fireball and retreat, jab grab to quick throw than reset.

those are like the only general styles I can think off, based on how I play, used to play, and how I see others play. I suppose you have "streetfighter" and all those shenanigans but didn't you write the thread on that Hippie?

TheMann

Smash Ace
So much tension...
Anyways I believe we shouldn't even think about "playstyles" its so limiting IMO. Just play and adjust I say :)

Esca

Smash Champion
Luigi is meant to be played pretend aggro. Just like G&W.

Force a reaction using a flurry of poorly spaced moves at mid-range. Then get inside and punish when you see fit.

It isn't aggressive, it's smart.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Luigi has Campy/Smart/and STUPID.

Stupid consists of Aggro/etc.
Smart can't be a playstyle. By categorizing smart as an individual playstyle, you're implying that the others don't require being smart or thinking, and are just mindless playstyles. Smart is just what is needed to make a certain style effective. Again, your definition of Smart was right, but putting it as a playstyle doesn't work. It's general knowledge of how to play the game, not how to play the character.

If you play a campy, defensive Luigi, then to play smart, you need to analyze and punish the enemy approaches perfectly, and keep a solid distance between you and the opponent.

If you play an aggressive Luigi, then to play smart, you need to pressure the defense and look for the slightest hole in the wall to abuse and pound through. You need to counter any defensive maneuvers as you mow them down.

Also, Aggressive= Stupid? So you're saying Boss, the Luigi who EVERYONE knows is the best, and has a huge gap between himself and the rest of the Luigi players, is stupid? That's not how it works.

ALias pretty much got it right on the dot with the basics of Luigi playstyles. Smart isn't so much a playstyle in itself, but the key to make a playstyle succeed.

TL;DR version: Defense, passive-aggro and all-out aggro are the 3 basic styles. Smart is just the oil that keeps those machines running.

chic

Smash Ace
Luigi is meant to be played pretend aggro. Just like G&W.

Force a reaction using a flurry of poorly spaced moves at mid-range. Then get inside and punish when you see fit.

It isn't aggressive, it's smart.
luigi is slow/floaty and his hitboxes arent disjointed like gw. if you do "flurries" of attacks vs mk he will just tornado you while ur still in the air, a marth will fair you d3s and kirbys will just grab you when you land... i dont know any luigis that play like that...

Top Bottom