• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
I now live with Zex(#1 in norcal), Sky`(#2 when he was last living there), and Junk(OG '09 D3 player) in socal. We practice a lot and I gotta say I have a new drive to play this game again.

Marth MU still sucks lol

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I was just curious as to what people of thought of the changes to his mu chart. I find it funny the ones I play most got worse for Luigi.

Also, year of Luigi. Me and my friend entered a $2 melee tourney for fun. I took a melee player to 3 games even though I don't play melee at all. 4 up B's!

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I was just curious as to what people of thought of the changes to his mu chart. I find it funny the ones I play most got worse for Luigi.

Also, year of Luigi. Me and my friend entered a $2 melee tourney for fun. I took a melee player to 3 games even though I don't play melee at all. 4 up B's!
I think olimar should be changed to -2 and that sheik should be -1 mu for luigi. Those the only changes I think that should be done. The rest is just a hodgepodge mess and might as well be left alone.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Well sonic and link got changed to -1 and 1 respectively, which I agree with. Sonic can do a lot of damage to Luigi once he's off stage and Link has a lot of tools to keep Luigi out. I haven't played an actual Olimar main, though I have played sheik. I would agree -1 or even at best, since she has speed and needles to play keep away with Luigi. Though once Luigi gets in can, he can end her stocks very early, but that's usually the case in most of Luigi's mus.

BSP

Smash Legend
Luigi also can't reliably catch Sonic if he's running away.

When I play Brawlman with Luigi, I feel like I can't effectively cover Sonic's options while remaining safe. Luigi does have some answers, but he can't cover everything so the option pool is in Sonic's favor for sure. If the Sonic knows how to effectively utilize auto cancelled SH Uair, landing is a pain too. A well spaced Uair from Sonic will beat anything we try, and if you AD he can run/spin to where you're landing.

Why do you talk about the MUs you think need changing? This board needs some life anyway.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I was more just trying to see what everyone thought of the changes made to luigi's mu chart as opposed to seeing what people think should be changed. Also like you said, these boards have been lacking activity.
As for what you say about sonic I agree 100%. Luigi can't really cover sonic's options but sonic can cover most of luigi's(espcially when recovering). Only thing is sonic's punishes aren't very powerful, so he needs a lot to take luigi out. The opposite is for luigi, his punishes can be devastating but his oppurtunities are few and far between in if the sonic plays safe. That's how the mu usually goes when I play KC.24.

BSP

Smash Legend
That was moreso at Sama since he said there's a lot of incorrect ratios. That should be a "don't" as well.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
That's great! Did you happen to save the replay? I end up playing mikeray, fatal, or bizkit a lot in bracket, so I could always use extra help in the snake mu.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Ok cool, also good luck to all the Luigi's going to SKTAR. I've seen that Yoshq and Thunderstorm are going, by looking at the pools, anyone I missed?

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm a ****ing scrub, I'm quitting competitive smash for awhile. Just gonna play for fun if I can manage it at all.
I'm a scrub too. I am unable to separate my desire to use my favorite characters from the fact I'm in a competition.

Why are you a scrub?

BSP

Smash Legend
I think that makes you the opposite of a scrub. Scrubs are people that place arbitrary restrictions on themselves and others when it comes to competition.

BSP

Smash Legend
Sometimes I feel like that, sometimes I don't. I don't even understand myself when it comes to SSBB lol.

yoshq

Smash Master
I feel like it even when playing gimmicky game modes such as stamina. As soon as I stop laughing at shenanigans, I go back to win-all-or-nothing mode.

mrconcon

Smash Cadet
got 17th out of 55 at golden coast, regional cali tourney. There wasn't any pools, so the seeding for everyone was a bit inaccurate. Beat Falln 2-0. Rich left after he lost mikehaze (the match after mine), and was set to play falln in losers, so that let falln place way ahead of me haha

Winners bracket:
beat kdash 2-0
beat falln 2-0
lost to rich 1-2

The match vs richbrown was... pretty hype... game 3 last stock both in kill range.. vids should be up soon
I banned the wrong stage for game 2... lol

Every MU is 50:50.

oh and I saved a good match of me vs Rich's MK on my sd card. May upload it if you guys want to see it. Cheers

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I got 9th out of 25 at an MA tourney this past weekend. I won my first round set on livestream and made it pretty far in loser's. I took Bloodcross's mk to last stock 1st game even though I got 2-0'd by him. Brought it back a set against a snake main, after losing the 1st game, and beating his mk game 2. Game 3 came down to last hit, and I was able to be patient enough to land the jab -up b on snake. My only other loss was to a Lucario player, lost to him game 1, beat his mk game 2, and then lost to his mk game 3.

Though I could of done better I think I'm slowly starting to turn the corner where I'm accepting Luigi's flaws and focusing on his strengths, though now I just need to learn how to deal with nado spamming mks.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lmao we talked for a little bit didn't we? Also we bonded over pie :)

I guess that's my bad for not properly introducing myself.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I'm a ****ing scrub, I'm quitting competitive smash for awhile. Just gonna play for fun if I can manage it at all.
Why do all the good Weegee's keep quitting!? :sadeyes: Boss came back to singles, but he played Tink at his last tourney that was streamed, I felt so betrayed.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Why do all the good Weegee's keep quitting!? :sadeyes: Boss came back to singles, but he played Tink at his last tourney that was streamed, I felt so betrayed.
It's hard to win with Luigi at the highest level of competition. Same goes for all low-tier characters.

:pow:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
It's hard to win with Luigi at the highest level of competition. Same goes for all low-tier characters.

:pow:
I guess, but I don't think Luigi is low tier, I think he's fallen so low mainly due to inactivity, I think realistically he should be like D or C- because I think he's better than most of the characters in those tiers, the only ones he really struggles against imo are Ike, and R.O.B., the rest are either even or close to even, I'm starting to lose more and more faith in Weegee every time I'm on the boards, Pika's my secondary and he's high tier, maybe I'll just main Pika from now on.

Top Bottom