• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BSP

Smash Legend
As bad as he is, I don't think Luigi should ever be in low tier. We just have to step it up. His CQC game is too beast to be this low.

BSP

Smash Legend
That applies to anyone who is mid/low tier, we've just got to overcome that

I went luigi a good bit at a smashfest yesterday. I need to work on converting every close encounter to big damage. I know luigi can make it happen but I just keep screwing up

I also need to practice crawl dashing. I got into a lot of situations where crawl dashing would have given me a favourable position.

:phone:

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
If I'm not mistaken, it's 12% based on money earnings and the other is match-ups vs top-tier characters. I know Luigi can't be as easily chain-grabbed as other characters, so would defeating more IC mains get him moved up or no?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
If I'm not mistaken, it's 12% based on money earnings and the other is match-ups vs top-tier characters. I know Luigi can't be as easily chain-grabbed as other characters, so would defeating more IC mains get him moved up or no?
nope it's not Ics that are stopping luigi from progessing. also yes it is based on money earnings and stuff, but where is the money? it's at the top 4 placings so unless Luigi places in that area nothing is going to change and he'll remain where he is.

EDIT
for the luigi's that have trouble killing heavy characters or have trouble stringing combos together try jab to dtlit and when you get a trip dsmash. It racks up damage so quickly. But I think there is a way to link up b to it.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
nope it's not Ics that are stopping luigi from progessing. also yes it is based on money earnings and stuff, but where is the money? it's at the top 4 placings so unless Luigi places in that area nothing is going to change and he'll remain where he is.

EDIT
for the luigi's that have trouble killing heavy characters or have trouble stringing combos together try jab to dtlit and when you get a trip dsmash. It racks up damage so quickly. But I think there is a way to link up b to it.
Hmm, okay.

I think the only way you could link Up B to it is if you can catch them in the air. Maybe Jab -> Dtilt -> Jab cancel -> UpB?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
im thinking about it O__o
me to. Atm I have enough to register lol, but not enough to enter singles. If I can save up then maybe I might be able to go and it's dependent if I can get housing and a ride from one of my crew mates.

Boss you have to take 3rd place in doubles with chudat. That baconaitor combo.

Top Bottom