• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Player Interview Thread: RocketPSIence

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
What's the thing in your display picture that is flashing so colorfully in your sig?

Do you have any fellow smashers you play with to get better? If so, how often? If not, how'd you get so good with Lucas?

How abundant are tournaments situated around the area where you live?

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
If Sakurai were to put Lucas in the next game (which he probably will), what do you think should be improved? If you want to talk only in Brawl terms, what improvement should Lucas get in your opinion?

prOAPC

Smash Lord
What's your favorite pasttime outside of smash/videogames?
I like to skateboarding, hang out with my girlfriend, go to movies, and i love fast food, so at least one per week, i go out in my car looking for a new place where i can eat
What's the thing in your display picture that is flashing so colorfully in your sig?

Do you have any fellow smashers you play with to get better? If so, how often? If not, how'd you get so good with Lucas?

How abundant are tournaments situated around the area where you live?
Those are my initials, look closely and yo can read D F S C.

I got "so good" when i lived in Bogotá, but that's only because i used to play with really good people. I used to play like twice a week, everytime with new guys so it helped my training. Now i live in a different city, and sadly i can say i'm the best here. Sadly because my friends improve way more faster than me, i know i can get better, but it's hard to travel and play some other people, at least only for tournaments.

There are like 2 tournaments per month here, this month i'll have 2, but i think i can go only to one. It's hard for me to go to those tournaments something because my GF doesn't like the idea or because i have to study

If Sakurai were to put Lucas in the next game (which he probably will), what do you think should be improved? If you want to talk only in Brawl terms, what improvement should Lucas get in your opinion?
I don't think i play Lucas in the next game. I'm 100% that all his ATs will be gone, so he won't be as fun as he is now.
For me Lucas is ok as he is, just remove the GR stuff and he's done. Think of BBrawl Lucas, but with dtilt lock, that's how Lucas should be in the next game

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Are you familiar with Dorney Park? If so, did you ever work there for a summer?

I know a lot of Columbian's from Bogotá that have travelled to the state's for work during the summer at and amusement park called Dorney Park and i've worked there too. It would be kind of funny if we worked together and never knew it o.O

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Are you familiar with Dorney Park? If so, did you ever work there for a summer?

I know a lot of Columbian's from Bogotá that have travelled to the state's for work during the summer at and amusement park called Dorney Park and i've worked there too. It would be kind of funny if we worked together and never knew it o.O
nope, i have never been in the US before, but if i give you a name, would you remember? I meet a girl called Melissa Pedraza who worked there in some amusment park, but i don't have any idea which one :p

lil cj

Smash Lord
Your considered the best international Lucas main, how does that make you feel?

Who is the best overall player in Colombia?

Who are your worst matchups?

Are there any other Lucas players in Colombia?

In your own words why do you think Lucas is low tier?

Who do you use as a secondary for Lucas' bad matchups?

Have you ever lost to a Ganon?

Do you really think Snake is our worst matchup?

Sorry for all these questions:)

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Your considered the best international Lucas main, how does that make you feel?

Who is the best overall player in Colombia?

Who are your worst matchups?

Are there any other Lucas players in Colombia?

In your own words why do you think Lucas is low tier?

Who do you use as a secondary for Lucas' bad matchups?

Have you ever lost to a Ganon?

Do you really think Snake is our worst matchup?

Sorry for all these questions:)
I feel i'm one of the best, but not the best, i'm think some other players are better and they have the opportunity to prove it. I'm just waiting for Pound 4 and make my name somethingthat everyone remember

Silver is the best player here, he has won every national tournament (like 3), he mains DDD and Ike, there are some vids vs him on youtube if you wanna watch them

Peach and Snake, i hate them both, vs Peach, i don't know how to play vs her, and Snake, i feel he has an answer for everything Lucas has

There are some other nooby Lucas players, but none of them as good as me, and it's not worth mentioning them

Because the high priority in the attacks of others charactars, that's all

My secondary is DDD, but still i have the same problems lol, i just second him because i've tried some characters and DDD is the one i feel more comfortable

I've played like only 2 Ganondorf, and i have won both

Yes, as i said, he has an option for everything we have. He's worst than Marth, MK, G&W and DK all togheter

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
What's your favorite color?

What's your favorite move with Lucas?

Can you hook me up with some hispanic chicas?

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
If sakurai:

- shortened standing grab to 49 frames total and pivot to 34, dash to 59
- removed all GR bull****
- gave zair a hitbox
- lengthened the range of PK fire to that of wolf's blaster
- increased uair's knockback growth to that of ness' uair
- decreased base knockback but increased knockback growth of dthrow (so it combos into utilt more, and kills earlier too)
- shortened ending lag of ftilt and utilt
- sped up fsmash to come out in 7 frames
- increased overall range of aerials
- gave his tilts killing power

but removed all of the glitchy PK fire recovery techniques, would you still main lucas in the next instalment?

prOAPC

Smash Lord
sorry i couldn't answer before, i've been busy :p. These would be my finals answers, we should move on to the next interviewee

Who is your favorite Pro smasher? (other then yourself. ;) )
I like M2K style, he's too aggressive, makes the game look so fast that is fun to watch.

Who's your favorite character to watch?

Who, in your opinion, is the funnest character to fight?
I like watching Wario vids, every move he does is pretty funny. Also i love those fights where the Wario just air camp and waits for the time to run up lol.

C. Falcon is the funniest, why? i laugh everytime he makes a move and whatever i do, it stops him, his priority just sucks that. It's funny because he moves fast, has many "tricks" but none of those work well in a real fight.

What's your favorite color?

What's your favorite move with Lucas?

Can you hook me up with some hispanic chicas?
Black and Blue (Backstreet Boys?)

PK Fire is by far my favorite Lucas moves. It has differents ways to use it, it's spammable, good pressure, and add some ATs and it's one of the best projectiles in the game

Come to Colombia, we have a lot of them, choose whoever you want and i'll help you :p

If sakurai:

- shortened standing grab to 49 frames total and pivot to 34, dash to 59
- removed all GR bull****
- gave zair a hitbox
- lengthened the range of PK fire to that of wolf's blaster
- increased uair's knockback growth to that of ness' uair
- decreased base knockback but increased knockback growth of dthrow (so it combos into utilt more, and kills earlier too)
- shortened ending lag of ftilt and utilt
- sped up fsmash to come out in 7 frames
- increased overall range of aerials
- gave his tilts killing power

but removed all of the glitchy PK fire recovery techniques, would you still main lucas in the next instalment?
is that from Brawl+? I played Brawl+ some time ago, i think it was the 4.0 version. I didn't really like Lucas, he was too fast for me. I prefer BBrawl Lucas.
But to answer your question, i wouldn't main him, maybe i'd use him as a secondary, but definitely not my main. Those change make me think he's more like Ness than the original Lucas. Removing his glitches would slow him down, his recovery would go from really good to average and at the same time remove the ability of random movement (something like Wario)

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Nah, that's not from brawl+, I made all that up by myself. In summary that whole list would be "If Sakurai buffed Lucas to that point but removed wavebouncing" lol. I like BBrawl too. PK Fire is better damage racking, PK Freeze is a sort-of viable edgeguard, and Dair fourth hit always spikes if it hits.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Which do you prefer BBrawl Lucas or Brawl+ Lucas?

What's your favorite fast food resturant?

What made you want to main Lucas?

Chuee

Smash Hero
Where the name come from?
How long till you can drive?
Are you gonna get on MDVA PR?
Are you gonna be best lucas?
Whats your best MU outside of low tier?
Whats your worse MU outside of Snake?
Favorite move?
Least favorite?
What do you think the Marth ratio is?
How Afghanistan :D?

lil cj

Smash Lord
Ive played you before numerous times on wifi and your good with pretty much every character especially your Lucas, PT, and Marth...how do you manage to be good with all these characters?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
question: next.best.Lucas?
Uhhh. Who knows?
I don't really have results or anything to back it up. There could also be someone else out there that is better.

BUT!

it is possible =X
you play anytoher games a t a competitve level?

would you rather see new moon or get mooned by rosie o donnel?
Besides competitive pokemon, Nope lol.

I used to do competitve pokemon cards, but I realized how much money i was spending, and not winning lmao.

FFFFFF...

Uhhh... New moon is over two hours. Mooned by rosie is like 2 seconds.

Mooned by rosie
Which do you prefer BBrawl Lucas or Brawl+ Lucas?

What's your favorite fast food resturant?

What made you want to main Lucas?
Brawl+

He's so good in it :o

I don't use him in it though lol.

Chik-fil-a ^_^

and

lol. Well originally i was going to main lucario, because of the whole aura thing, but I couldn't beat a lvl 9 bowser (lol), and I saw a vid of Gofg using PK freeze to edge guard, and I was like coooooool, so then I picked him up. I never really had a mian though, as i used to also use ZSS and Wolf. Then dropped wolf and just used ZSS and Lucas, But I kept getting gimped with ZSS (lol), so it was lucas and marth. Then, I thought marth was broken, so I dropped him. Ehh It's basically a story of picking up and dropping everyone that isn't lucas lmao. I just picked up Samus like 3 days ago actually, and the week before that I picked up sheik, but i dropped her already lmfao.
Where the name come from?
How long till you can drive?
Are you gonna get on MDVA PR?
Are you gonna be best lucas?
Whats your best MU outside of low tier?
Whats your worse MU outside of Snake?
Favorite move?
Least favorite?
What do you think the Marth ratio is?
How Afghanistan :D?
O_O

Mad questions uhhh.

The name lmfaaoooo..

ok so My name is marcus, ironically the majority of my friends are named marcus. Before I met the other Marcus' there was just me and another marcus. Well that marcus knew another marcus, also known as HeaT. Well I was practicing my hard in Melee, and Marcus told HeaT I could beat him, so When I met HeaT all the other marcus' were there too (like 5 or 6). So they like, "Yo you need a color" and I'm like, "huh?". So, HeaT explains to me that all the marcus' have a color of the power rangers, and their names reflect their color. So they were like, "yo... call him Pink Fresh", because the only colors left were yellow and pink. Me not caring, just said, "Ok". i didn't think it would stick with me, but it did. so... basically I'm the pink power ranger lmfao.

Idk. Whenever I go to driving school, and take my drivers test. I'm old enough already ahah.

Uhh.. Idk hopefully lol. I need more results. They can't just put me on there, because I won low tiers, because I placed 17th in singles @ that same tournament, provided I lost to mad good players, but still. 17th is 17th. I mean I I got 3rd last tourney, but 3 out of 11 isn't all that great lol.

Hopefully, I will be best lucas one day. Just gotta practice, besides, Tyr + Galeon basically quit lol. I still have alot of things to work on though.

Outside of low tiers, it's probably Marth, MK, or Wario.

Worst outside of Snake is Snake. >_>

Nah, uh outside of Snake it's eitherrr... ROB or Falco. Probably Falco. WAIT NO. YOSHI -____-

favorite move = dsmash or uhh dtilt.. Nope Dsmash. WELL, Idk I like fair alot too.

Least Favorite is idk Bair? Unless Dash grab counts lol. I like his moveset though.

60:40. It's really not that bad. Especially when he's off stage.

Afghan is fire. =D
Ive played you before numerous times on wifi and your good with pretty much every character especially your Lucas, PT, and Marth...how do you manage to be good with all these characters?
lol. Uhm.

I know the game well lol. I have a general understanding of how every character is played, and what their options are in what situations. Also, I know general habits formed from the characters, so I try to avoid them by playing with other chars. I also picked up everyone just to see their weaknesses when I'm playing with them.

I just rambled lol.

Basically, I know the game, and have a general idea of how every character is played. Then, I just throw in my playing style, and voila!

=X
How's it feel to be called next best lucas?
Do you think playing on wifi helps your lucas at all?
What did you think of Battle Royale II? (lol)
It feels unrealistic lol. Not to say that it can't be possible, but like... idk I always told myself I would be best lucas one day, but I didn't think it would actually happen ahaha

It helps me with MUs That are unfamiliar to me, but that's about it lol. It kills the way I play, since I rely mostly on predictions, reactions, and frame precision.

and

it was the best tournament I've gone to all year, though I've only been to like 4 or 5 ahah. Have another one. =D

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
If:

- your wifi sucked
- there were NO tournaments in your region AT ALL
- you had only a few friends to practice with and they all lived at least 30 minutes away

How would you have tried to get better?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
O.O
How many ****ing Marcus' are there at your school?
A LOT >_>

Somebody even had the same first and last name as me, so sometimes I'd get called down to the office instead of the other one. Then, after seeing me, they'd go, "not him the other one"

I'd just have this face like -___-
Which character do you like fighting the most?
Diddy. The pace of the match is crazy fast. If my vids of me v ADHD ever get up, you'll see.
If:

- your wifi sucked
- there were NO tournaments in your region AT ALL
- you had only a few friends to practice with and they all lived at least 30 minutes away

How would you have tried to get better?
Well, if that were the case, then I probably wouldn't even be into competitive smash, since HeaT was the one that got me into it.

But, to entertain your question, I'd just sit in training, (like I do now) and practice reads, and frame precision/control, then go for the 30 min drive, and apply what I learned. From there, I'd just go from there. Oh!

I would also become a TO, to try and create a scene.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
♂ How did you train to get where you are?
What kind of practice would you do, and how would you learn from it? ♂

Chuee

Smash Hero
A LOT >_>

Somebody even had the same first and last name as me, so sometimes I'd get called down to the office instead of the other one. Then, after seeing me, they'd go, "not him the other one"

I'd just have this face like -___-
LOL

But, to entertain your question, I'd just sit in training, (like I do now) and practice reads, and frame precision/control, then go for the 30 min drive, and apply what I learned. From there, I'd just go from there. Oh!

I would also become a TO, to try and create a scene.
lol how the **** do you practice reads in training mode?

EtherealKing

Smash Cadet
What would be your reaction if Nintendo somehow magically added a patch to all of brawl, making Snakes Utilt hit from one side of FD to the other?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
♂ How did you train to get where you are?
What kind of practice would you do, and how would you learn from it? ♂
Well, I started out pretty badly. Basically, it all started with the story of how I got my name lol. Then, from there I practiced Melee with HeaT whenever I could. I didn't really understand the game as well as I thought I did, so I tried to learn it, but brawl was being released soon. From that I figured, " I'm going to be the best @ Brawl around here" Sadly, brawl turned out to be kinda crud lol. But It was super hyped, so everyone played and tried to get better. I just sat around on Smashboards. and played with HeaT/Wifi. Once I started beating HeaT consistenly, I was proud but I had nobody to play LOL. So basically I wifi'd foreverness. while sitting in training thinking of ideas for every situation that arised. Finally, I found my way to a tournament and did ok. Lost to people I can beat now. Continued wifi and training but now smashfests every now and then. + more tournies, and a bit of wifi.

To practice...

well it's kinda complicated. See, when I'm bored I think of common situations, and see my options in my head. If I come up with something new, then I try it in training. If it's not a good idea, then I scrap it, if it is, then I try it on wifi. If it works on wifi then I try it irl. if it doesn't work irl then I scrap it. If it does them I keep it.

So basically...
I just think of random crap to try lol.
what lucas costume is the most hideous?

boxers or briefs?

do you like french toast?
Original costume. the colors just don't blend well.

Depends. Briefs for sports and stuff, but boxers for relaxing

Yessss.
What would be your reaction if Nintendo somehow magically added a patch to all of brawl, making Snakes Utilt hit from one side of FD to the other?
I'd be like... WTF NINTENDO. YOU CAN PATCH SNAKE AND NOT FIX WIFI?

then proceed to be happy since snake would be banned.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai released a patch for Brawl that slowed all of MK's attacks down by 5 frames, cut the disjointedness on snake utilt, removed all GR crap, halved the length of marth's sword, but it cost US$100, would you buy it?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
If Sakurai released a patch for Brawl that slowed all of MK's attacks down by 5 frames, cut the disjointedness on snake utilt, removed all GR crap, halved the length of marth's sword, but it cost US$100, would you buy it?
If it became a tourney standard, then yes. If not, **** No lol
why is Chibo taking too long to upload your videos?
I... Don't know. >_>
in your opinion how many MUs does lucas have that are worse than 60-40?
One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom