• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
FAE IT WAS ON THAT STAGE BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED IT AND WE WEREN'T PLAYING SERIOUSLY SO WE BOTH AGREED TO CONTINUE PLAYING, IT WAS FUN (i am in a caps lock mood tongiht ^^)

hopefully more videos were recorded, but if not I defs will pull out my phone to record stuff from now on hehe

oh yeah im loved, Mekos better post some new videos or he's going to be replaced
we're waiting, mekos
Lol da pressure!

I have this awesome match show casing the Will of Fire. But I have no way of uploading it. If anyone knows someone who can upload it and has hacked music let me know. It is a match on pokemon stadium. Keitaro was gonna do it but his uploading program breaks with PS1

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lucas deserves bottom of mid.

Discuss.
I think it's great that we're actually discussing this as a viable option now, rather than before where we were half trolling when we said it. :-D

But that aside, today i'm working on All star and Break the targets (does anyone else hear a different word from break when the announcer says it in classic mode? o.O ) in the Lucas in other modes thread. Come along and comment on it if you want or comment on the stuff i've already posted. =)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh hey there Lucas board. Did I miss anything? I'm never around anymore. Working too damn much and I stopped playing the game competitively a while ago.
Why does no one say hi to this man? This man was one of the biggest names in Lucas when Lucas was still getting his name thrown around. For shame, other newbie Lucas mains. *taps foot*

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm sorry J. I've just been super excited with this project i've been working on. you're right though.

Hi Nasty! =-D

By the by, i've written up my first four subjects: Boss Battles, Cruel Brawl, All-star and Break-the-targets. All of them are up to be discussed and reviewed. All of them will hopefully contain community comments and while all that goes on i'll write up the next four topics (which i've mentioned in the OP in 'current status of the post'.).

Please do help make this a success. I'm hoping for it to be sticky-ed in the near future and it'll hopefully be a great guide. Feel free to discuss it all!

By the by, I think we need a Lucas main in the BBR. Currently there are none of us in there. I think the two candidates I would pick to represent us would be J and Jimmy. J because he knows Lucas very well on paper and is doing a lot of work to look at his place on the tier list and his match-ups and fix un-justified stuff around him. Jimmy because he's a great debater and very fair. Both working in tandem would be very beneficial, methinks.

Those are just my thoughts atm. :-)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm already planning on applying to the BBR for Lucas when it comes around in, I think January. Hopefully I'll get in for Lucas but we will see how it goes. I am going to finally get some tournaments under my belt hopefully soon so maybe that will help.

Thanks for the cheering on though, Luco. :)

Anyways, on a side note, I am going to make an appeal to get this room a mod because it is messy and I can't really start my MU threads again until we get the last 3 closed and plus fix the MU thread itself because the person who started the thread doesn't come along.

Also stickies, unstickies and basic just cleaning house.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I'm already planning on applying to the BBR for Lucas when it comes around in, I think January. Hopefully I'll get in for Lucas but we will see how it goes. I am going to finally get some tournaments under my belt hopefully soon so maybe that will help.

Thanks for the cheering on though, Luco. :)

Anyways, on a side note, I am going to make an appeal to get this room a mod because it is messy and I can't really start my MU threads again until we get the last 3 closed and plus fix the MU thread itself because the person who started the thread doesn't come along.

Also stickies, unstickies and basic just cleaning house.
How does one become a Mod? I check this pretty much everyday

Also Mekos you gotta try harder to upload stuff :p we need like a vid archive

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
How does one become a Mod? I check this pretty much everyday

Also Mekos you gotta try harder to upload stuff :p we need like a vid archive
I think if mods like what they see of you originally, they look at what you're posting for a bit. If it's mature and sensible and they think you can take the mod-ship, then I think they make you a mod. they probably interview you first though. I'm not sure.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh! My bad. It seemed like the first few posts were spam-fests.

I definitely agree with you. What I should have said was more along the lines of convincing others that he deserves bottom of mid, which is a much more viable option now due to recent success.

I also think Ness should go up for the same reason. Shaky got top of mid tier singles and top 8 in doubles and all-tier singles at whobo 4. :o

And then there's the whole thing with their match-ups, etc etc...

EDIT: Ohhhh, nothing in my thread... :-c

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Guys Guys I need help with the diddy kong matchup, I can't seem to play properly against him and I don't know what to do T_T
I vote for J to do a whole export on him because that's what he's amazing at :D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Guys Guys I need help with the diddy kong matchup, I can't seem to play properly against him and I don't know what to do T_T
I vote for J to do a whole export on him because that's what he's amazing at :D
Haha that's so nice! Maybe I should just do a write up for every character and call that the MU thread. xD

(if others want Diddy, we can do him shortly regardless)

Lol! Thanks dude. But my name is just something of the past, that's all.
Michael Jackson's old and dead, should we forget about him? :p I'm just saying that you put a lot in for Lucas when you were still active so definitely not something to just brush over.

So, should I talk to an Admin about getting a moderator in here to do a few things or do you guys think we are fine? We can do a little vote. :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think a moderator in here would be great. It wouldn't be a big problem for them seeing as even without a moderator, we're not trolling, we're not flaming, we're taking steps to improve Lucas' meta game even in the social thread! The moderator's main job would be cleaning up threads, making threads sticky, things like that which we physically can't do. :-) Besides, always nice having one more voice in here. :D

I agree, Nasty your name might be old but even a newbie like myself knows you've done stuff seeing as i've heard your name come from other players 'round the block', setting aside the fact that i've seen you in this thread myself already. ;)

As for diddy, I don't mind doing him. Honestly any MU is fine for me. I'd love to look at some of our most hated MU's (i.e. DK, Snake and Marth) to see what options we do have against those characters. Still, they can wait, lets do diddy kong if we're all willing. ^^

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I want to do another MU export but I don't want to because it's so messy right now. ;____;

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lol hehe.

Oh wow you guys all have AIM! I should add you all mwahahaha. If you get a random message from 'OberinDraco', that's me! :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I never go on aim anymore...^^"

I am always on skype though whenever I get home/am not playing RE6.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Awww. I don't have skype tho :(

EDIT: Guys, there's a huge bushfire near my house. My bro and I are evacuating now... We'll be fine, i'm sure. Hopefully the house too, I have no idea where the fire is because the smoke is so thick... Anyway, we'll be staying with friends. Talk to you all later guys. :)

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Yay for J and the Lucas veterans
I do remember watching Nasty vs M2K, which was probably the first Lucas vs MK match I'd ever watched and got me into this website/community/local scene

also trying to convert my classic controller to work as a gamecube controller on dolphin for Wind Waker and it's possibly the most annoying thing I've ever done (on the pc)

and Luco i wish your house all the best in this thread too in hopes that your luck is doubled

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*been here almost 3 years, still not a semi-vet.* xD Then again, I am pretty young compared to the other veteran Lucas mains. I think I am closest in age to Chuee/FAE/rPSI

Yikes, Luco. Hope everything goes alright. Wishing ya luck.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I don't know
although i have been playing since it came out, i only joined this site 10 months ago, so everyone is 10 months old to me :p

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Thanks guys. =)

Luco, best of luck to you, your family, and your house.

Also, I haven't heard Yink's name mentioned in forever. In fact, I haven't heard from her in a very long time. J, have u or rPSI spoken to her recently? Definitely miss texting her. :(

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yink is usually on Skype and in the PSI chat (even though it's dead), but no I haven't talk to her in a while. :( I wish she would have been able to go that one MLG that you/me/Pink were at because that would have been legit. However, I stopped playing Brawl for a year and when I came back, Yink was banned/demodded/out of the BBR and just super sadness emerged.

I'll ask rPSI sometime about Yink.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Lol hehe.

Oh wow you guys all have AIM! I should add you all mwahahaha. If you get a random message from 'OberinDraco', that's me! :p
MSN or Skype is the way to go.

And Luco, hope everything is good, if we have to we will all go to your house and Mario DownB/Squirtle Neutral B your house. ;)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okay guys, everything's clear (I hear the broadcast went Australia-wide though. Ryuka heard nothing about Lobster beach?)! We were lucky, the fire burned near our house (aka less than 50 m away) but never got to our house. the extent of the damage was a few houses a couple streets away had their decks get a new 'carbon' colour :-P , but that's about it. The firefighters worked tirelessly all day and were really great at containing the flames, our suburb is on the end of the peninsula so we were pretty much trapped save the ferry which comes once an hour, however they kept the fire from getting to us (aside from a few spot fires that got, as I said, 50m away or so at the scrub at the end of our street). We stayed with friends and we're home now, no fire, smoke or anything.

We've been really lucky and i'm very thankful to those firefighters for keeping my house safe. ^^

@J : I see Yink sometimes on AIM. She's not as much in to smash stuff any more (although she was very pleased when I told her about how Shaky went at whobo 4) but she's been making cosplay outfits and the like. :-)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I heard this was our sister board. guess i'll subscribe~

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@ Luco: Lobster beach?
Okay so you didn't hear it on the news then. :p

There's actually still some smoke on the horizon and a bunch of helicopters but it's apparently under control and it's not blowing in to my face (aka I can still see everything I should be able to see from here) so i'm not worried.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yink's been doing well. She's working in a 3D Lab for her college (she's a design major and what not). She's planning a trip to Japan and stuff; she's just not really into smash anymore.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'd go to Australia if someone paid. :p

Man I have been so busy lately. I went to my first smashfest and it was great! I had a lot of fun playing Lucas (and random characters) and finally got some replays of my Lucas (which may be uploaded :o) however, I still have a lot of the rust to shake off which isn't good but eh.

I also started playing League of Legends. This game is waaaay too addicting lmao.

Top Bottom