• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I thought Lucas could kill better than Ness?

DMG CAN BE IN THE BACKROOM YEEEEEEEE
Lucas has moves that can kill earlier yes, but Ness is able to finish off people more reliably with B-throw. =/

Either way, Lucas is definitely better in singles.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Actually Lucas does better in doubles than Ness because he can recover... Very important because not one, but two people have the chance to gimp Ness and a lot more accidental hits and kills are going on.

Unless, like, the Ness has a pact with his partner "lulz if u c a guy (or 2) trying to gmp mi cn u go n kill him? kthx"

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Actually Lucas does better in doubles than Ness because he can recover... Very important because not one, but two people have the chance to gimp Ness and a lot more accidental hits and kills are going on.

Unless, like, the Ness has a pact with his partner "lulz if u c a guy (or 2) trying to gmp mi cn u go n kill him? kthx"
I wouldn't techincally use this as a reason. I do great as a team with Link in low-tier doubles b/c I'm really good at getting the pressure off for Link. But therein lies why Lucas is good at doubles, he's able to take pressure off his partner quite easily.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

My partner is a Snake user, and he rarely ever has to save me from anything.

Maybe if the Ness doesn't know what they're doing this is true, but I rarely get gimped and I rarely have a problem with someone hitting my PKT. Tailwhipping does help I admit. I think it's because in all honesty, some people are really scared of Ness PKT2, and if you have like, 80 dmg you'll either die or have to DI like a champ. I rarely have people challenge hitting it. They'll usually wait for me to come back and we'll fight more, then start this whole thing over.

I think Ness does better than Lucas in doubles because I feel Ness is faster. Bthrow is quick and (for me) painless unless you use it too many times and let it stale. Though I do enjoy using Lucas too because I love using fsmash and killing people with ftilt. I'm not the best Lucas in the world but that's how I do it.

Oh and I agree, I find Lucas easier to use in Singles but that's only situational for me...

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I feel Lucas does have plenty of kill options in doubles.

In dubz, ppl tend to role a lot more often. This means you have a greater chance of getting off your smashes. If your partner grabs the opponent, they can throw them into lucas' Usmash for nice kills. Lucas' Dthrow and Bthrow can also kill granted not as early as ness'.

Besides, how often is ness really getting grabs in doubles? there is a lot of commotion going on that i would imagine it to be easier to get a smash off than a grab. And even if you get the grab, if your partner is good, he'd be there to stop the throw from happening. Eh, maybe i'm just not familiar enough with how ness plays in doubles but Lucas definitely does very well.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I feel Lucas does have plenty of kill options in doubles.

In dubz, ppl tend to role a lot more often. This means you have a greater chance of getting off your smashes. If your partner grabs the opponent, they can throw them into lucas' Usmash for nice kills. Lucas' Dthrow and Bthrow can also kill granted not as early as ness'.

Besides, how often is ness really getting grabs in doubles? there is a lot of commotion going on that i would imagine it to be easier to get a smash off than a grab. And even if you get the grab, if your partner is good, he'd be there to stop the throw from happening. Eh, maybe i'm just not familiar enough with how ness plays in doubles but Lucas definitely does very well.
I've killed two good people in a row, one right after another in the same match, both with bthrows. It's a quick grab and a qucik throw. (remember, Snake user does his job like a champ over on the other side and makes sure nothing else happens). Ness has bair, nair and PKT2 as well. You'd be surprised how many people challenge PKT2, for both the MOTHER boys. O_o

I can argue both Ness and Lucas are good in teams, but based on how I play I go with Ness more than I use Lucas in teams, of course that's opinional.

However...Ness x Lucas teams are ridiculously fun. My snake partner sometimes changes to Ness and I go Lucas.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ness' nair KO's late and if your opponent is smart he won't get hit by PKT2 ever.
Also Bthrow is slow on heavies.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
In doubles, my friend who mains Pit one time arrow'd this falco who was right above me, the stun was long enough for him to fall into a usmash lol

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
theoretically it should also work with moves that have negligible knockback, as long as they know how to snipe.

falco and wolf's blasters, ness PK fire are also theoretical options, samus' charge shot may also work because of its super long hitlag.

HelpR

Smash Ace
hey lucas people. how are yall today? trying to be more active on the lucas boards, so here i am.

So a bit of a character question for you all, but who do you guys use as secondaries?

I like fox and DK personally, though neither are really good enough to bother bragging about

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I use Gdubs. I probably shouldn't b/c he doesn't help against Lucas' bad MU's. :/

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I use Ness. It makes no sense at all.
*claps*

I use Lucas as one of mine, so don't worry haha. Besides him I secondary Luigi, Marth and Snake.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's funny I use an E tier character and Snake is S...why don't I just main him? Haha. Oh right, because Ness is amazing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario couldn't catch Lucas.

That was such Bullshet lol.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
B/C Lucas is a better camper than Wario. DUH

On a side note, Lucas U-smash is a fail move. At high percents it's way too easy to SDI out of it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Ooh, are they in white suits. They always take me to fun places :3

BTW, quote fail

LucasGrey

Smash Cadet
hello lucasboards.
And go all lucas at you next tourney that is like suicide when you come against a marth or snake or gaw or . . . . oh wow lucas has some bad matchup. Strange i just noticed that O_o.

Top Bottom