• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
i got the timing to wavebounce pk fire with the new configuration, the problem is when i try to wavebounce+magnet pull for recovery, if i fail, it puts me in a bad position
Isn't this true no matter WHICH control scheme you use?

and idk: I've always been more comfortable with shooting WB PK Fires to the right.
One time I zap jumped and then magnet pulled into the blast zone, killing myself. I couldn't stop laughing.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
There's so many different effects that come from trying to b-stick a pk fire with the layout. I'm guessing its just a timing thing but is there any way to completely avoid the turn around pk fire? I'm hoping that I'm letting go of a direction by accident and that's what turning me around and not that a slight mistiming is what's
spinning me right round
hmm, i'm not quite sure what you're doing wrong. Is there any way you can explain it in a little greater detail.. which way are you running, which way are u attempting to shoot pkf and which way does it actually shoot? i'm confused. lol.

One time I zap jumped and then magnet pulled into the blast zone, killing myself. I couldn't stop laughing.
lol, when i first attempted b-sticking, i was confused as to which way to hit the b-stick so i was constantly shooting pkf and magnet pulling right into the blast zones. haha

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I need to come in here more often. I actually do want to start to get better with Lucas and what better way than to chat with the mains.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
I need to come in here more often. I actually do want to start to get better with Lucas and what better way than to chat with the mains.
i think actually practicing using lucas is a better way :p

actually i've been thinking of writing a guide for lucas. tyr's guide is really good but i think it has too many walls of text :/ i'm thinking something along the lines of mixing tyr's guide with RPSI's frame data and hitboxes, with sort of "ratings" on moves so newbie lucases would know which ones are better than which. also pictures and colored text. LOTS of colored text. whee.

i don't know whether we need another one, let alone whether i have the time to make it lol. if the rest of the lucas mains shoot down this idea, meh. whatever.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I don't think tyr's is bad in that sense. It's just that it hasn't had any form of update in a while. I'm sure it could use a little work to be improved. I'll probably just try to see if I can edit it in notepad for him to update the frame data and pics and possibly a link to the current MU discussion.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
i think actually practicing using lucas is a better way :p

actually i've been thinking of writing a guide for lucas. tyr's guide is really good but i think it has too many walls of text :/ i'm thinking something along the lines of mixing tyr's guide with RPSI's frame data and hitboxes, with sort of "ratings" on moves so newbie lucases would know which ones are better than which. also pictures and colored text. LOTS of colored text. whee.

i don't know whether we need another one, let alone whether i have the time to make it lol. if the rest of the lucas mains shoot down this idea, meh. whatever.
Um, okay then. I already use him a fair bit. It's not like I have no idea what I'm doing. :p But yes, I could use some more practice...

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
also: who has the masked man texture for lucas? stack smash's site is down and therefore i can't download it :x

If you can, either email it with an attachment to me (PM for my email) or upload it somewhere.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
DMG is serious about picking up Lucas. Ask Phoenixaplha about the 4/7 Lucas Ditto MM they had and how well DMG understood Lucas overall.

~DMG

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
also: who has the masked man texture for lucas? stack smash's site is down and therefore i can't download it :x

If you can, either email it with an attachment to me (PM for my email) or upload it somewhere.
I've got it, I'll send it to you Hail.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DANG and you guys thought I was trolling when I said I was interested in Lucas...

Dang Lucas boards. Dang.

I SDI'd his Jabs where first Jab I get hit, and completely avoid the range of the second and 3rd jab of the jab combo.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang alright Josh, I proved I am not a troll.

At least when it comes to lucas.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
DANG and you guys thought I was trolling when I said I was interested in Lucas...

Dang Lucas boards. Dang.

I SDI'd his Jabs where first Jab I get hit, and completely avoid the range of the second and 3rd jab of the jab combo.
No one thought you were trolling DMG, we were just like, "Really, that'll be hype."

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Usually only local tournies in Raleigh area, so basically NCSU and UNC.

However, as PF put it, I got ***** by my age.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
i think this has derailed from lucas general discussion to the omelet chatroom again

@tokaio: it's the holiday season, man

i haven't got any santa hats yet. i'm still deciding whether to have one or five of them :/

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yo, I'm picking up this character cuz I'm convinced he's underrated enough...like lower mid tier at least. And because I laughed so hard when I killed my friend's Fox with PSI Magnet because he ran into it trying to punish it when I used it on his laser camping LOL.

Btw, I just thought I would point out that Lucas is definitely better than Ness in singles.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yo, I'm picking up this character cuz I'm convinced he's underrated enough...like lower mid tier at least. And because I laughed so hard when I killed my friend's Fox with PSI Magnet because he ran into it trying to punish it when I used it on his laser camping LOL.

Btw, I just thought I would point out that Lucas is definitely better than Ness in singles.
I love people like you.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
lol, great A2! He was on the border of Samus and Lucas. We talked on AIM and I think I convinced him to pick up Lucas.

Don't forget to add yourself to the Lucas player finder.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yay, another Lucas main! :D
You're making me feel bad about myself...I could never stop maining Mario/G&W. Those characters mean everything to me when it comes to video games.

I will do my best to further the development of Lucas however. As I said, he's definitely underrated and has enough good qualities to make him more than just low tier. Perhaps the next low tier tournament I go to, I will kick some *** with Mario and Lucas.

Maybe in the distant future there will be Lucas vids on my Youtube channel (designated as my web page on my profile, so check it out). Maybe.

Oh and I like video critiquing in my spare time.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
In doubles, I would find that very debatable, because lacking a reliable KO method really hurts in doubles. I say Ness has the advantage in doubles due to his ability to reliably get a KO.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Actually, Lucas very powerful KO moves become useful because it can set up traps and PK Squeze becomes quasi-viable. Lucas can also get himself out of presure fairly well to help his partner too.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
CAN I BE IN THE LUCAS BACKROOM?

please?

Top Bottom