• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hi guys, this may or may not be known, but I've been playing a substantial amount of Lucas lately. I am mostly appreciative of how his animations look like he's emitting light all the time. I feel like he's a good fit for my username / personality.

Is anyone else super bad at tech skill like me and have trouble Nairing out of shield? I always end up Gairing on accident and it makes me mad when I get punished for trying to punish with a nonhitbox tether lol

Boofy!

Smash Champion
he means zairing.. and i'm not quite sure how you're doing that considering attack is nowhere near grab, assuming you're using default controls

T-block

B2B TST
I have that problem a lot, Lux. You just gotta practice letting go of shield at the right time. It's frustrating if you've never seriously played a character without a z-air before, but you'll get used to it.

DeLux

oh yeah I know the cause. Thus why I'm a baddie a tech skill

I'm not sure why boofy sees it being a problem due to custom controls. Could you explain better?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
well alot of people I know (myself included) use X for grab.. and if your holding down shield and sliding your finger from Y to A to nair OoS i can see how its possible to hit X by mistake.. i mean its a stretch but its the only reason i thought of for some reason haha

DeLux

Oh, it's definitely more along the lines of holding shield since the jump cancels the need to shield drop. Then since shield + attack are the trigger for grab, you end up Gairing OoS instead of Nairing.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Lucas is basically my secondary since release so I want to get better with him.
Are there any Vids of Lucas on Brinstar or a Guide or Tips or anything like that? =D

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Lucas can't grab while in the air? ~.~
yo RPSI why do you have to get smart with everybody all the time. Have you always been like this? Cuz when I was in NC u didn't seem this way. Yer a moderator. Be a good example for others and just be there to help out. Not get smart with people. Not every body knows the smash lingo. lol I don't even know. Not everybody studies this game and chills in the smash back room and stuff. Give people a break. I wouldn't even mention this but this is all I see in yer comments. I don't ever see any positive comments about posts. Just explanations and trolling.

Lux is a new lucas player just trying to learn. Read between the lines if he isn't communicating perfectly.

DeLux

It's chill Mekos.

I know most people call it Zair. It's an inside joke for labbies more or less. (at least I think it's a joke because rPSI might be unknowingly salty about it lol). I just call it Gair because the standard terms are going to mention that it's the "grab aerial" which shorts to Gair, while Zair refers to the buttons.

BTW, I'd think you'd be happy with how much I've progressed since I've been pelting you with questions

I'm contemplating challenging people to $1 MM's Marth v Lucas assuming they don't main Marth already and trying to beat people that get grab spammy. I'm getting that confident (minus the G/Z/Nair issue previously mentioned).

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
yo RPSI why do you have to get smart with everybody all the time. Have you always been like this? Cuz when I was in NC u didn't seem this way. Yer a moderator. Be a good example for others and just be there to help out. Not get smart with people. Not every body knows the smash lingo. lol I don't even know. Not everybody studies this game and chills in the smash back room and stuff. Give people a break. I wouldn't even mention this but this is all I see in yer comments. I don't ever see any positive comments about posts. Just explanations and trolling.

Lux is a new lucas player just trying to learn. Read between the lines if he isn't communicating perfectly.
Me and Lux talk all the time on Skype. He's taught me a lot about the ICs and what not. He's one of the best Smash Lab members and has done a lot of research. It's really just an inside joke between the people in the smash lab and myself. He's always advocated the use of gair.
If I had never met him before, of course I wouldn't have said that. I would have just said that the usual term people use is zair. Even Yika popped in to join on the joke. :\
I'm not a moderator anymore also.
And you've met me IRL, my joking is lighthearted and should be taken with a grain of salt. It just comes off a little more harsh on the internet because you can't get the body language and context involved like you do IRL.

I'm contemplating challenging people to $1 MM's Marth v Lucas assuming they don't main Marth already and trying to beat people that get grab spammy. I'm getting that confident (minus the G/Z/Nair issue previously mentioned).
While I was reading this, I was still thinking about Zairs, so I was like, Zair MM? If we meet, we will have a zair/gair MM 20$ obviously.

DeLux

lol I don't understand the terms. I just saw $20. Are we going to MM with characters and only use GairZ to fight?

DeLux

lol, it could end up being more epic than normal Samus dittos. You're on

DeLux

Well, it would probably go to time either way I'm guessing.

you didn't say which characters when you challenged me though

What are the legal stages?

Top Bottom