• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am working on that!!!! ;D

I have all the data but i just need to somehow get the stuff from my broken laptop and blahblahblahblah...

If all else fails expect it by this weekend cuz if I can't get it tonight I am forcing my friend to help me REDO the data so we can get it.

Gah x.x But do you have any specific character you would like to know?

Here is one that is insane that I love the most. ZSS can heal 30% per dsmash.

D

Deleted member

Okay...so how exactly do you perform the Zap Jump? I understand that you use PK Fire after your second jump to get a major boost into the air, but I just can't seem to pull it off...

KoozyK

Smash Ace
Okay...so how exactly do you perform the Zap Jump? I understand that you use PK Fire after your second jump to get a major boost into the air, but I just can't seem to pull it off...
i dont know how the rest of them do it, but i have my controls modded to where i have "y" inputed as special and my "x" stays jump. Then when it comes to my second jump, or falling off stage ect. i just use my thumb to hit both the "x" and "y" button at the same time while preforming the pkfire. (if youre using a gc controller)

What you do is do ur side special (pk fire) and jump at the same time during your second jump.

if you use the regular controls for it i have no real advice to you... :-/. it was nearly impossible for me to pul it off everytime i wanted to when i had my controller set up to default..i sometimes b-stick it too though

again this is the way i do it. its easier to mod the controller and do it

mercy

Smash Apprentice
You have to pk fire like one frame after you input the jump.

I set "r" to special and just press it and "x" at the same time.

Even though I took the springs out of my controller, the trigger buttons seem to take longer to press down, so even though I press "x" and pk fire at the same time the jump gets inputted first.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the advice, guys! I'll change my L button to special and see how it works out tomorrow.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yes ._.

It's nice not having to take a minute every time you get on a new Wii to put your controls in.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have to do that anywayz because I use X as grab which is alot easier <3

When I get home i am gonna try and try out using L for my special cuz I wanna zap jump T.T

D

Deleted member

I have to do that anywayz because I use X as grab which is alot easier <3

When I get home i am gonna try and try out using L for my special cuz I wanna zap jump T.T
I tried it out today with L as special, and it works pretty great! I can't do it consistently yet, but I'm getting better. I just press jump and L at the same time, and it works.

My Lucas feels so much more legit now, haha!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I tried it out today with L as special, and it works pretty great! I can't do it consistently yet, but I'm getting better. I just press jump and L at the same time, and it works.

My Lucas feels so much more legit now, haha!
100x this! It is now working more for me! ^_^

KoozyK

Smash Ace
100x this! It is now working more for me! ^_^
wait wait wait...stop.. hold the program just one godpickinminute...

uve been an these lucas boards for THIS long, youve been posting an extreme amount, and u have a premo membership... and u are now just doing zap jumps? im confussed beyond reason :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :dizzy:

Kole

Smash Lord
Yeah I find setting L or R to special is the easiest way (R in my case)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
well Koozy i had been trying to do it without Bsticking and do it normally :urg:

but yea i never said i was perfect at all the ATs and what does a premmie have to do with it D; that was a gift ;3

I dont do alot of post ALOT on the Lucas boards ^^" it just seems like it maybe.

And to Kole i use L ;D

plus now that my friend came over for over 3 hours i can now zapjump consistently ^^

KoozyK

Smash Ace
well Koozy i had been trying to do it without Bsticking and do it normally :urg:

but yea i never said i was perfect at all the ATs and what does a premmie have to do with it D; that was a gift ;3

I dont do alot of post ALOT on the Lucas boards ^^" it just seems like it maybe.

And to Kole i use L ;D

plus now that my friend came over for over 3 hours i can now zapjump consistently ^^
lol i only threw the premmie in there to add hype up the post

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'd be so mad @ you if you didn't have Wynaut in your avatar.

I think I've made Wynaut/Wobbuffet the official mascot of Lucas now. >:D

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
I cant set my L or R to special, im actually used to clawing the controller its natural to me. For some reason it seems alot of Lucas mains use "x" to jump :D

KoozyK

Smash Ace
I'd be so mad @ you if you didn't have Wynaut in your avatar.

I think I've made Wynaut/Wobbuffet the official mascot of Lucas now. >:D

lol i agree most of us have changed it now, i was gonna use Wobbuffet but then i thought about it, the mod should have the evolution of Wynaut.
;)

Wait, what?
go look through the lucas guide, im pretty sure i saw it in there, if not go look at the important lucas threads and its in there. i cant explain it now, class is about to start.
Darn Biology

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
herro

for the ike matchup, i know i should space carefully and play defensively, but i have a hard time killing with smashes because his range is ridiculous. the best i can do is get him off the stage, but from here i'm kind of confused as to the best option to take.

try to pk thunder gimp? pk fire as the aether is at the peak? does my down smash work if he is abusing aether at the ledge? anything i am missing?

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
kk

also, i seem to have problems when i'm too high up. sometimes when i fh jump to avoid something, or even double jump, i have problems coming down without being punished. dair doesn't seem to be exceptionally safe, and half the time i get punished. i would put up a video but i have no capture card.

what are the best moves to come down with?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
If you're trying to come down, just drift away from him. Don't heads towards him.

If he's trapping you near the ledge, you don't have to go on the stage. You can grab the ledge and wait there (unless he does an attack that will hit you) until he's in a different position at the ledge where it may be safe to come up with something.

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
what about you? =D

i don't know, i've only started lurking for the last month. but it seems like it would be a fun thread, and no one ever posts on the lucas boards lol. everytime i check, the last post was made like 20+ hours ago.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
Okay recently ive ran into a undercover marth genius. His spacing and pivot grabs are out of this world and ima post a video on this. (this is my friend bden!)
ive been ****** everyone at this school in smash other wise, besides krackshotkrock which its about even. and i usally just try to figure this out myself

wtf do i do. i cant approach that well anymore, and my only well spaced moves are b-stickd pkfire and ur occasional fair. other than that i just wait for him to mess up which isnt often unless he sandbags. someone help. ive read the mu and no help there

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
it's a pretty nice combo, but a lot of items have too much knockback for this to be useful; the opponent can just react and gtfo pretty quickly. the only thing i can imagine this would be useful is diddy's bananas, and even then i don't think there's enough time to pull off an fsmash. also, this move requires that you be on top of your opponent when you throw the item down. it's a pretty dangerous position, moving directly into your opponent like that.

harrihavn2

Smash Rookie
yeah occasionally. Especially against projectile campers since you can traverse almost every stage with Lucas's double jump and then FF Dair onto them. There are some obvious exceptions...like ROB...
Whats FF Dair? I figured that Dair is Down air, but whats the FF for?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
it is like precise timing of pressing the DJ button while pressing the Side-B action. You can try a bunch of different set ups to teach yourself how to do it.

Like myself, I set the specials to L and then it is easier to do the timing for me. Others prefer to claw it where you try and do it the old-fashioned way. There is also B-sticking.

Once you learn how to do it, it is actually not that hard. You just gotta practice and it is DEFINETELY worth learning <3

I'll try and find that instructional video that is out there.

crifer

Smash Lord
it's a pretty nice combo, but a lot of items have too much knockback for this to be useful; the opponent can just react and gtfo pretty quickly. the only thing i can imagine this would be useful is diddy's bananas, and even then i don't think there's enough time to pull off an fsmash. also, this move requires that you be on top of your opponent when you throw the item down. it's a pretty dangerous position, moving directly into your opponent like that.
It´s not thrown down, it´s freaking thrown up!
Only works against few characters like wario and yoshi.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
How were you able to stop the upward momentum from the footstool?
item throws cancel upward momentum. it's probably the reason why we can zapjump with them.

It´s not thrown down, it´s freaking thrown up!
was that even necessary? obviously from the animation it's thrown up. and does it matter whether it's thrown up or down? whatever directions, they're both still item throws. this doesn't disprove any of my points neither does it try to argue any of yours. so i'd appreciate it if you didn't go around the boards raising irrelevant points thinking everyone else is an idiot, thanks.

the tire still hit wario, and most items would knock the opponent too far away to be able to follow up. also wario moves waay too fast and stays in the air too long for this to be even feasible.

point remains, it's not competitively feasible.

Top Bottom