• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

Vurky

k
NNID
Vurkyzo
Why does my pkt2 bounce off the ledge sometimes..? -_-is it because i press something at the same time? i.e analog stick.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Why does my pkt2 bounce off the ledge sometimes..? -_-is it because i press something at the same time? i.e analog stick.
due to some of the worst game testing known to man, there is a glitch on the right side that prevents wall climbing, instead of riding up the wall (like you should do) lucas will do a nifty and flashy rebound to the end of his young life

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Most likely because we have much more awesome, more important threads.... ironically created by you, rPSI. lol
Well, I only have two threads in the sticky and one of them was just an updated version of another destickied thread. My MU discussion has been up there for a while and took the place of Levitas' MU discussion. So I don't think I caused any kind of sticky problem. It's probably just the fact that no one really picks up Lucas all that often so we don't have that many questions or we end up asking more advanced questions in the Lucas General Discussion.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
I think it's all a matter of preference. If you've been practicing it a lot lately, then you should keep at it. I certainly think it's worth it, though I occasionally will use the regular controls. As for using it with other characters, I don't think the wave bounce is worth your c-stick. Especially with TL.

Vurky

k
NNID
Vurkyzo
The wavebounce is the best thing about b-sticking ;o Its awesome atleast with lucas :p

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
B-sticking vs. C-sticking has been a long debated topic since it's discovery. My personal favorite is the "newly" discovered technique of Z-special. It allows you to keep your C-stick and still perform ALL the moves as if you were B-sticking. =)

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
B-sticking vs. C-sticking has been a long debated topic since it's discovery. My personal favorite is the "newly" discovered technique of Z-special. It allows you to keep your C-stick and still perform ALL the moves as if you were B-sticking. =)
Although if you don't have good control of your hands or if you get cold hands, or become nervous, it can screw up your game. Bairs and failed wavezaps galore.

Vurky

k
NNID
Vurkyzo
:O where can i read more about it? Sounds good

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I think we need to make a thread for it :/

I'm not too experienced with this layout, nor how it works to be able to write an entire thread for it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I don't want this thread to die T.T

Edit: Oh s*** I didn't think I actually hit submit. I usually just type random responses in the box b/c I feel like it. T.T

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
ok well here's a late night bump.

I was playing my buddy the other day and after my dair i went for the usual dtilt lock > Usmash. But this time i did one dtilt, causing him to bounce, and when i went for the Usmash, he rolled!!! Now if the dtilt is supposed to force a get up animation, how was it possible that he rolled?? He did NOT tech roll the dair btw. Oh and let me just say that the game did not glitch bc this happened a second time when we played later!

I personally think that to be on the safe side you should always dtilt the person twice.. maybe even three times before Usmashing or Fsmashing bc whenever i dtilt more than once, i have never had them roll.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
ok well here's a late night bump.

I was playing my buddy the other day and after my dair i went for the usual dtilt lock > Usmash. But this time i did one dtilt, causing him to bounce, and when i went for the Usmash, he rolled!!! Now if the dtilt is supposed to force a get up animation, how was it possible that he rolled?? He did NOT tech roll the dair btw. Oh and let me just say that the game did not glitch bc this happened a second time when we played later!

I personally think that to be on the safe side you should always dtilt the person twice.. maybe even three times before Usmashing or Fsmashing bc whenever i dtilt more than once, i have never had them roll.
I think the forced get-up animation is caused by your friend inputting a get-up action (roll, attack) WHILE you're d-tilting him. Most people mash their preferred get-up action as soon as they get down, so most of the time it works. But I guess your friend waited after the d-tilt is over and then rolled?

To be safe, don't go for the Usmash. F-smash is guaranteed whether you d-tilt once or infinitely many times. You can try this on CPU level 9's; 90% of the time they'll roll/attack before you can u-smash them into heaven, even after 3 d-tilts.

lil cj

Smash Lord
*Bump

Just wanted to say my Lucas ***** in doubles on wifi:)
Oh yea, will be repping Lucas in the west coast (Cali)
real soon, in Jan. to be exact!
I'll be living there pursuing my acting career, but during my free time
I will go to tournies and try to place high with Lucas

Oh yea my question:
Anyone in the west coast?

HelpR

Smash Ace
this might be a question that's much more lengthy then asking Zman, but I figured this is a good a list as any:

do you know which characters can release lucas across the stage? Only yoshi, MK, and sheik come to mind perosnally, but I know there must be more then that.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Its only Yoshi and Falcon for air releases.
Ground releases is Squirtle, Charazard, Marth, MK (not sure)
There's more but I don't remember.

HelpR

Smash Ace
huh, concise list. as far as MK goes, I find that any grab that initiates the grab release works, but maybe i'm wrong.

Main reason for asking is that as far as stages go, my favorites for lucas are

Norfair
castle siege
brinstar
delfino

norfair is mostly banned up here in NY, and castle siege and delfino are also pretty good, but the whole 'get grab released or chain grabbed across the stage to my death' is always present, so whenever I hit a situation like phase 2 of siege, i usually just hang out up on the statues or on top of the elevated side things to avoid getting killed by a grab.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
In addition to what's been said about the GR across stage... MK is a definite and you don't need to dtilt to trip. you can just GR to dash regrab... here's proof from 2:05 - 2:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46XGCyKMR6Y

Also, let's not forget about Bowser.. i haven't seen his name mentioned yet. Bowser can GR to small step regrab us across the stage but the bowser has to be frame perfect basically. Vex did it to me :(

And mario has a GR on us but i'm not sure if he can regrab.. i don't think he can

Top Bottom