• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

-Knux-

Smash Ace
No sir your life fails. Now stop acting like an arrogant kid.
Woah, you guys have met in real life before? No? How do you know his life fails? That's right, you don't. Besides, I smell arrogancy in both of you.

And I may also be arrogant, but I hate it when one user insults another over stupid reasons.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
All three of those would be fun but still no.

Mawile: Why? Random pokemon=bad.
Darkai: Possible but size issues (Which I don't mind really) and the fact that he would have to replace mewtwo. They are both legendary villains with fairly similar powers.
Blaziken: If there were a 3rd gen rep this would be awesome. Sadly I think it would be a bit difficult to keep him from being luigified off of CF. I still love th idea though.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Actually, Mawile is just as random as lucario. It's just that someone considered lucario a while ago and people liked the idea. If we suggested mawile back then, I'm sure it would have had some more positive feedback.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Darkrai has been de-confirmed anyways. I also think it'd dumb when people think Lucario would replace Mewtwo.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Mawile is just as random as lucario. It's just that someone considered lucario a while ago and people liked the idea. If we suggested mawile back then, I'm sure it would have had some more positive feedback.
No. Lucario has a movie named after him in which he stars. Mawile does not. Also Luc reps the most recent generation while Mawy reps the last one.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
No. Lucario has a movie named after him in which he stars. Mawile does not. Also Luc reps the most recent generation while Mawy reps the last one.
Lucario stared in his own movie, wow impressive. Because I seriously didn't know that.. [/sarcasm]

Mawile stars in his own tv episode. Big deal if they're on the t.v. or not. You don't see sakurai adding Naruto or Avatar, even though they were in a video game and a tv show (and movies I'm assuming).

Lucario, plus another 106 pokemon represent the 4th gen, and about 1/10 to 1/8 of those pokemon are already in the game.

Patinator

Smash Champion
.....Okay, then, who would YOU say would be a LOGICAL 4th generation rep, hmmm? And by rep, I mean playable.

Movies are more important than episodes.

A character must debut in a video game. That's why dumb anime characters aren't in Brawl.

More people know about Pokemon movies than certain episodes.

Your reasons? Poor.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I'd say no new 4th gen reps. We don't need one, we have enough.

Of course they are, but I'm just stating that because one pokemon is in a movie (which includes a bunch of others), it isn't a valid reason for how lucario has a better chance in being in brawl

For some people, lucario might just be some dumb anime character.

Well no duh, there's only like 6 pokemon movies while there are about 450 pokemo episodes.

Your reasons? Just as poor if your best proof he's in is because of a movie.

Patinator

Smash Champion
*Tries to come up with reply, fails*

...Well, actually...

Why do we not need any fourth generation playable reps? What do you mean we have enough; we have NONE.

...Aside from that, you're pretty much right. Except there are ten Pokemon movies, and the eleventh still not in the US...

But that's irrelevent.

A li'l help here, fellas?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
*Tries to come up with reply, fails*

...Well, actually...

Why do we not need any fourth generation playable reps? What do you mean we have enough; we have NONE.

...Aside from that, you're pretty much right. Except there are ten Pokemon movies, and the eleventh still not in the US...

But that's irrelevent.

A li'l help here, fellas?
Lol, I wasn't hoping you'd be short of replies so quick. I actually thought up an answer in the shower about what would happen if someone said "Well Avatar and Naruto appeared in anime before video games" but oh well.

Pokeball pokemon.

It's nice to see a debater who knows when he can't answer :) (that's a compliment in case I didn't state that clearly).

Chepe

Smash Lord
Look Your Hero, if Lucario IS indeed in Brawl, it will be because they decided they needed a 4th gen Pokemon to represent the latest in the series, and found Lucario to be the best fit for 4th gen rep.

Or would he be dismissed as a "lucky draw" by you?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Actually, I'd say he's in because of the rapid over-popularity.
Either way if he's in I'll play as him, although the only main reason I don't want him in is because other series deserve better representation. If there is indeed 48 characters (which was proven false I believe) then fine whatever, but other than that, in no way does he deserve the brawl spot like everyone claims.

Chepe

Smash Lord
The thing is, Lucario's poll votes, if any, will be NEGLIGIBLE compared to Deoxys and such because he was almost unknown at the time that the polls were conducted (May 06). So it would probably have to be Gamefreak's influence that secured Lucario a spot.

Just imagine Sakurai going to Gamefreak and reviewing the 4th gen Pokemon for cameos and such for Brawl. With all the attention Lucario has been getting by his company, it is not hard to believe they suggested him as playable to Sakurai when he was looking at him.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
The thing is, Lucario's poll votes, if any, will be NEGLIGIBLE compared to Deoxys and such because he was almost unknown at the time that the polls were conducted (May 06). So it would probably have to be Gamefreak's influence that secured Lucario a spot.

Just imagine Sakurai going to Gamefreak and reviewing the 4th gen Pokemon for cameos and such for Brawl. With all the attention Lucario has been getting by his company, it is not hard to believe they suggested him as playable to Sakurai when he was looking at him.
Compared to how a lot of people use the movies as an example, the movie that featured lucario was released a year before the polls in japan.

Why would Sakurai go review thet 4th gen pokemon when there are other series that deserve the spot more? Besides, he already knows about the fourth gen pokemon, and it's not like gamefreak was "OMFG ADD LUCARIO TO BRAWL! LOOK OVER HERE!LUCARIO! L U C A R I O!! ADD HIM SAKURAI!" etc etc.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well well well, looks like Lucario has been leaked OFFICIALLY! Take a close look at the bottom of a screen taken from a new Japanese Trailer! :laugh:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I don't see how Mewtwo sucked so bad in Melee. I pwned all my friends as him. Mostly spamming ^B and using Dash attacks over and over :laugh:
Mewtwo did suck. Deep down, in the depths of your very soul you know that too.

The only reason why you pwned your friends because they have "hidden smash potential", but just aren't that good.

Also this...

1. I don't think you'd ever select "Mewtwo" in any serious Melee tournament.

2. If you faced me and didn't come at me with your main, you'd lose.

Lucario 4 Brawl

Revamped Mewtwo 4 Brawl

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Incredible... Lucario's in, that's undeniable evidence too.
My most wanted Pokemon confirmed... now just two more characters and I'll be fine...

Ness in too? I wonder what kind of moveset they've redone him with...

Mewtwo deconfirmed? Claus deconfirmed? We don't see them in the lineup of Pokemon or Mother reps in the videos...

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
OMG NESS AND LUCARIO CONFIRMED!! No, but seriously this confirms him? And if it does it confirms it confirms Jiggly too they're right next to each other. Although it looks like it came out of photoshop since they head's not aligned with the others.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
OH MY ****ING GOD! Im a prophet (...not that kind)

I said in my previous post "OMG! Lucario Confirmed =P" (1 minute before the discovery)

It was a joke, but really this is ****ing scary! 1 minute before the discovery, thats just WOW!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Animal Crossing character confirmed under the same logic.

As we all know, the board is exploding with the confirmation of lucario, jugglypuff and Ness.
Now, I will prove that AC will indeed have a rep in Brawl the same way.

Look here: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118a-l.jpg
This shows that if there is no character icon for character specific stickers, there is absolutely nothing to the right of the green line.

Now look here: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118b.jpg
There is SOMETHING in that space. There is no denying it.

Sorry if this is old by now, I got distracted while typing this up.
My God, GameFaqs is using it's logic to the maximum tonight.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, congrats...I knew it was going to happen and it did...

$10 Lucario next Newcomer update...

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Lucario fans, congratulations. I admit, I gave you guys a hard time about him and didn't really believe in his popularity, but there you go. I used to support Lucario too, but fanboys really set me off and I started to doubt his popularity (didn't help that they used to flame me when I supported Red a few years ago). But I was wrong. My apologies for my remarks. Enjoy your playable character.

Top Bottom