• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
And it was so close from being spam free... :)

Just kidding, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't expect to get much support in the OFFICIAL THREAD OF THE CHARACTER YOU ARE FIGHTING AGAINST.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
This page lacks lucario hating...

Lucario's random just get over it. Lucario, the most popular possible newcomer? Riiiiiight...

So what, that movie was boring anyway. Happiny is also given to you in an egg... Plus blissey is more popular than lucario cause of the competitive pokemon players... BLISSEY FOR BRAWL!!!!

Steel/Fighting is 'unique' in the sense that it's line is the only one to have it but its not 'unique' in the sense that its exciting and fresh. Darkrai and Manaphy pokemon who are both more popular than lucario could better rep the series, besides pokemon has enough representation.

Gardevoir isn't 30 times more random than lucario. She's more popular, more unique, and more coolie cool.
hmmm...this i when i ask myself "do i really want to prove this person wrong?after all, i am pretty **** lazy." ugh, i suppose i will.

1.you stating that the movie is boring is pure opinion.

2.blissey is equally well known to lucario if youre a competitive battler.after all, a competitive battler usually knows all the pokemon right? outside of competitive battling lucario is much more reknowned. its not that hard to tell, just ask people.

3.when you say lucario's typing isnt fresh, i beg to differ. correct me if im wrong (i may be) but i believe lucario is the first pokemon to have this steel/fighting type combo.

4. you are probably correct when saying that manaphy and darkrai are more popular and known just because of the sheer fact that theyre legendaries.but manaphys and darkais possibilites for movesets are nonexistent compared to lucarios.

5.dont be hatin.

hmmm...this i when i ask myself "do i really want to prove this person wrong?after all, i am pretty **** lazy." ugh, i suppose i will.

1.you stating that the movie is boring is pure opinion.

2.blissey is equally well known to lucario if youre a competitive battler.after all, a competitive battler usually knows all the pokemon right? outside of competitive battling lucario is much more reknowned. its not that hard to tell, just ask people.

3.when you say lucario's typing isnt fresh, i beg to differ. correct me if im wrong (i may be) but i believe lucario is the first pokemon to have this steel/fighting type combo.

4. you are probably correct when saying that manaphy and darkrai are more popular and known just because of the sheer fact that theyre legendaries.but manaphys and darkais possibilites for movesets are nonexistent compared to lucarios.

5.dont be hatin.
1. yeah but it is

2. I mean more popular. Not more known. Blissey is more popular in the competitive scene. Plus blissey has had more anime appearances than lucario.

3. If you had read my point i acknowledged the fact that it's the only pokemon to have that typing but the typing itself is really bland. There's nothing very exciting about that type.

4. That's not true. It's the opposite. Lucario can't really do much (DO NOT freaking post the serebii moveset like some other person did) that would look good on him. Darkrai has alot of potential for a moveset more so than lucario. Manaphy as well but to a lesser extent given its small movepool but it still has alot of cool things cause of its signature move heart swap and a multitude of water based moves...

5. Yeah so? wanna fight about it?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
It's ironic that an Ashley supporter can't understand why we want Lucario... I'm just saying. I don't go on to your thread, which is just as much as a fad as this one, and talk about how dumb Ashely would be as a playable character... But, whatever.

Gardevoir more unique than Lucario? Bah! Don't make me laugh! The proof is in the pudding, or in this case, the type.

God, I'm having a rough night.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I've actually started to want Lucario in...but the special moves need to be changed no offense but they seem kinda sucky.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, he is, but it doesnt change the fact that Lucario is just likelier. You cant even get Darkrai in D/P without an event which cuts his accessibility to people who might play D/P after Brawl to see how the new 4th gen playable is in his original game. Can anyone truly imagine a Brawl roster screen with Darkrai in it instead of Lucario with a straight face? Seriously, just try it. This is no worthy argument, I know, but just imagine Darkrai next to Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, and maybe Mewtwo, and then do the same only with Lucario instead...

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Yeah, he is, but it doesnt change the fact that Lucario is just likelier. You cant even get Darkrai in D/P without an event which cuts his accessibility to people who might play D/P after Brawl to see how the new 4th gen playable is in his original game. Can anyone truly imagine a Brawl roster screen with Darkrai in it instead of Lucario with a straight face? Seriously, just try it. This is no worthy argument, I know, but just imagine Darkrai next to Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, and maybe Mewtwo, and then do the same only with Lucario instead...
I'd much rather Lucario than Darkrai. Lucario's my best pokemon on Pearl. :p

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
i stand corrected.

1. yeah but it is

2. I mean more popular. Not more known. Blissey is more popular in the competitive scene. Plus blissey has had more anime appearances than lucario.

3. If you had read my point i acknowledged the fact that it's the only pokemon to have that typing but the typing itself is really bland. There's nothing very exciting about that type.

4. That's not true. It's the opposite. Lucario can't really do much (DO NOT freaking post the serebii moveset like some other person did) that would look good on him. Darkrai has alot of potential for a moveset more so than lucario. Manaphy as well but to a lesser extent given its small movepool but it still has alot of cool things cause of its signature move heart swap and a multitude of water based moves...

5. Yeah so? wanna fight about it?
to me, there are a lot more examples of movesets for lucario.(no theres not just that one from serebii.net.)i have seen many actually, just search it in the posts.trust me theres an abudance of them, youll find them. o and that last sentence when you say "yeah so?wanna fight about it" is really immature.u know that if i replied in a negative manner that this conversation would just lead to a flame fest.so just please stop.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Standard Special-Roar(does no damage but the closer the enemy is to Lucario the more knockback it gets)
Side Special-Metal Claw(Slides across the ground and swings his hand downward doing some knockback)
Up Special-Double Team(Shows multiples of Lucario and all but the highest up one dissapear)
Down Special-Swords Dance(2 Swords spin around Lucario)

It may not be great but atleast i tried.

Chepe

Smash Lord
No Aura Sphere is blasphemous, lol. It is simply perfect as a chargeable B move that cannot be stored but had homing properties that decrease the more charged it is....

I would use as my other B move ideas:

Side B: Force Palm
Up B: Hi Jump Kick
Down B: Endure

Force Palm is a rare move in D/P, so I think he should use it as a B move that can stun if it sweet spots. So many more moves could fit in B slots, such as Extremespeed, Mind Reader, Me First, Close Combat, Vacuum Wave, etc. He has many viable fighting moves. Id reserve Close Combat as his Final Smash though. It is such a wicked move in the games, and it could be translated as Lucario's A moves all powering up drastically at the expense of lighter weight so he is easy to knock away...

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I can.
Maybe I'm just wierd or something.

Standard Special-Roar(does no damage but the closer the enemy is to Lucario the more knockback it gets)
Side Special-Metal Claw(Slides across the ground and swings his hand downward doing some knockback)
Up Special-Double Team(Shows multiples of Lucario and all but the highest up one dissapear)
Down Special-Swords Dance(2 Swords spin around Lucario)

It may not be great but atleast i tried.
No Aura Sphere??? D:
What is this madness?
loljk, your moves seem okay

Chepe

Smash Lord
Which in turn is sometimes called a ripoff of Samus' B attack... :ohwell:

If it was smaller, a bluish white, and had homing properties and couldnt be stored, it would be more different than Mewtwo's than Mewtwo's being different than Samus.

kaid

Smash Master
And you could charge it in the air.

So Aura Sphere would be as different from Mewtwo's Shadowball as Shadowball is from Samus's Charge Shot.

kemkian

Smash Cadet
hello, i'm kemkian, the guy TheGlitchmaster told you about. i want to join the shrine.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
From the top of my head, I count Donkey Kong, Samus, Mewtwo, Link, Young Link, Marth, Roy, Shiek, Pit, Ike, Sonic.

I don't know if there are more.

kaid

Smash Master
When the alternative is to give an attack like a ranged version of Falcon Punch, where it's NOT charged but still slow and beefy, I think charging would be more popular. I could be wrong, though.

I see charging boosting projectile speed, rather than damage, however. Fire an uncharged shot, it moves slowly, has a short range, but homes pretty well. Charge it more, it moves faster, giving it a longer range before fading out, but homes less.

Cinder

Smash Master
hello, i'm kemkian, the guy TheGlitchmaster told you about. i want to join the shrine.
Wow...it seems to me like y'all completely ignored this poor guy...

@Kemkian: I may not be in charge, but I assume Kaid will add you as soon as he notices this post, or yours...

@Kaid: when you add Kemkian, could you also cut out the 405 in my name? I got Gideon to change it...and should we make a sig thingy for our club, like the SSS did? I think that'd be kinda cool :cool:

Top Bottom