• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Well, it wasn't on my camera that the finals were recorded, and the last game is actually split between two cameras because the first one died. Don't worry though, we got the entire match. I just have to get the videos and put them together. Getting the videos is what will take time.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
congrats lee and john. sounds like ya'll had an epic and fun time. i can't wait for the vids. maybe next time, i'll make a surprise appearance and **** everyone ;) (or MAYBE just a surprise appearance!!!)

i hope everyone else had fun.

i'm awesome.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Off topic,

Does anyone know ANYBODY that is in the market for a Car Amp?

I've been trying to sell this thing for months and it's brand new!!!

Rockford fosgate P500-2 Amp.

$150!!! Will deliver!

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
wobbles, you should have came to the REAL louisiana tournament in baton rouge. all the ranked players here were there. and it was a blast. wish you could have came here.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
Yeah, a couple of my friends were going to the Ruston one and so I went as well. To be honest, I kind of wished I had went to the Baton Rouge one myself. The tournament was very unorganized. We had like 100 players and only 3 tvs to play on. I got there at 12pm and did not leave until I finally got put out, which was at 9pm. By the end of it I was just ready to go home, because I had been there for so long and played so little... Any how, congrats on winning Lee. =P

D

Deleted member

yeah as far is my memory goes which could be wrong...
1, lee
2, john
3, dr mario kart
4, me
6, sudai
6, random decent snake player
7(or what ever placement comes next), eric and some other ppl that tied
7, ray also i believe.

im probably wrong on the exact placings but thats the order.

thanks for staying with us shane, hope you come again soon.

good seeing you as well shyguy, feel free to contact me about anything you'd like to talk about.

john was hilarious the night of the tournament.

lee refuses to lose at any smash related game. it's so crazy. wish we couldve played a little more, i made the most mistakes when i played you. you shouldve seen me fight the snake player xD

cyphus, you're a noob.

all the baton rouge ppl: too easy?

kyle and vaughn didnt enter, but kyle talked as if he would have won.

hope we get another tourney in soon. ill take another vacation from brawl until the next tournament is scheduled, hah.

(hopefully next time we can do a better pool system. while i think the pools led to a decent bracket, the system was slightly wack. 64 matches to eliminate 1 person. hah.)

thanks for hosting though randall. no one else has a connection to use laser tag's pro *** room.

peace

vegta12

Smash Rookie
wobbles, you should have came to the REAL louisiana tournament in baton rouge. all the ranked players here were there. and it was a blast. wish you could have came here.
nah he came to the right one. we needed some people who were good cause most of the people i faced werent that good. also baton rouge smells like hookers. also we were the REAL louisiana people and yall cant be ranked without facing us :p. North Louisana vs South louisiana tournament i say lets do it!

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
if you want to be ranked come to a tournament with actual good people. instead of degrading your state by losing to a person who doesnt even live here. no offense to wobbles bc i know he's a very well player.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Taylor got the top 4 right, but then it was Ray/ Deuce (the Snake guy) for 5th and Eric/ Sudai for 7th. Full results are in the 3LT thread.

Pools were almost unnecessary, but they let everyone get a lot of games in against different people. Also, at the start, there were 4 people who needed to be cut. Anyways, I just wanted to avoid the tiny pools like from LAST.

Vegeta, we should definitely set up a tournament for the whole state. It'll definitely have to have crews. Do you have aim?

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Pools were entirely unnecessary; they only served to let everyone get a lot of games in against different people.
There, fixed it for you.

Taylor, what the hell are you on? 9 people in a pool and each play each other equals 36 matches.

It was nice to finally play some other people. I really enjoyed fighting Randall and Ever Power. They played really smart - I always dig that.

I learned something, too.....Lee could jump off and SD twice and still kick my ***, because that's basically what happened :( 3 of my stocks couldn't take out one of his. Way to just totally obliterate my tiny ego.

Shyguy, it was nice to finally meet the face behind the incredibly famous persona. Sorry if I was pissing you off, you just seemed like you could use a word here and there at those back tables.

To be honest, I kind of wished I had went to the Baton Rouge one myself. The tournament was very unorganized. We had like 100 players and only 3 tvs to play on. I got there at 12pm and did not leave until I finally got put out, which was at 9pm. By the end of it I was just ready to go home, because I had been there for so long and played so little
And how was the woman on the loud speaker? My friend said that was annoying as ****, too. But yeah, he had the same complaints as you....incredibly unorganized.

I don't think I like the competitive scene, it's alot of sitting around listening to fuqin' idiots talk....and I can only take so much of that. I get enough of that at work - my weekend is supposed to be a break from it.

I definitely see what Vaughn means about people taking the wrong attitude - he kicked a guy's *** and he slammed the controller into my hand, knocked over his chair, kicked someone's backpack that was next to him on the ground. And all this from a D3 (vaughn) vs. samus (douche) matchup and the guy was incredibly ****ty at the game. That just put me off and I was ready to leave at that point.

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
I definitely see what Vaughn means about people taking the wrong attitude - he kicked a guy's *** and he slammed the controller into my hand, knocked over his chair, kicked someone's backpack that was next to him on the ground. And all this from a D3 (vaughn) vs. samus (douche) matchup and the guy was incredibly ****ty at the game. That just put me off and I was ready to leave at that point.
Yeah, I was watching the last part of that match when it happened. Pretty immature.

Also DSK, it was good to see another Lucas player there. After going to the Anime Matsuri tourney and the chaingrab fiasco, I thought I'd never see another one.

Vaughn, I need to play you more. It was really fun. In fact, I need to play more in general.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
It can't be a north La vs south La tourny, because there is no north La, just Southern Arkansas. How the hell did they get 100 people anyway? This was supposed to be a pretty big tourney in BR and I'm sure we didn't even get close to that. Anyway, someone call this mother so you can **** me.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Vaughn, I need to play you more. It was really fun. In fact, I need to play more in general.
Hey Gary, That's not a problem for me now that school's out. Just give me a call. It's good to see another defensive player around besides myself. I think you can learn a lot.

Say DSK, I never got your phone number. You should definitely get it to me or somethin' like that. And if you wanna learn Tetris Attack, I can show you. It's fun.

Yeah.. I really just don't know what to say about that fight. I know that I was having fun. I normally don't get to play DDD that often. Minions are funny. *Sigh*

I've known that guy for quite a while too. He's not the only one I know that does stuff like that. I wish people didn't associate fun with winning a lot. :urg:

Thanks a lot Shane for coming over to our house and staying and to the NOLA crew that came as well. And a very special thanks to ShyGuy for staying as well. Like I said, I've never heard you talk so much.

A thanks for all of Tiger Uppercut is in great order I do believe for running it in the first place.

Eric and Taylor are just awesome.

Greg, you may find me and Sudai weird, but you're cool. LOL.

Sudai, you're a hugging fiend, man. Great job in the tourney. I don't think I would've done so well. Much love. :chuckle:

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Well, I can understand it to an extent. Losing isn't the coolest thing ever. But meh, whatcha gonna do when going against someone like Lee, Taylor, Kyle, Eric, Vaugn, Sudai, Freddy, Randall ....ok, so it occurs to me that I lose ALOT :cry: Lol.

Vaughn, it's 337.405.8756 - I work M-F 8-5, so evenings typically work. I will try out this Tetris Attacks nonsense....although it's not Tetris at all. I would like to play you or another Tetris enthusiast in either a solid Tetris game or something a bit more versus-friendly like Tetris Battle Gaiden or Tetris DS (Push) as well - I'm looking at YOU gnuf.

vegta12

Smash Rookie
if you want to be ranked come to a tournament with actual good people. instead of degrading your state by losing to a person who doesnt even live here. no offense to wobbles bc i know he's a very well player.
well lee i dont really know if i should take offense to this or not. The people I play with are good people, just because you havent faced us dont take us lightly, yall fights are only ranked for you guys down there.Also I dont think my car could make it to baton rouge haha. I KNOW for a fact though we have the best guilty gear players in the state :p

I do want to play some of you guys though.

oh iceman reason why there were so many people was cause it was in a college town, and we helped put flyers all over shreveport, and bossier. there were only a handful though that was good out of the 100

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
its just hard to be ranked in a state when you cant show up to a tourney. thats all im saying. i know yall had a tournament the same day and all so its cool. but hopefully you and some friends can carpool to the next tourney. also for the record im not trying to offend you in any manner.

vegta12

Smash Rookie
its just hard to be ranked in a state when you cant show up to a tourney. thats all im saying. i know yall had a tournament the same day and all so its cool. but hopefully you and some friends can carpool to the next tourney. also for the record im not trying to offend you in any manner.
well its cool then dude. yeah hopfully next big tourney we can all get together and play. and fakegeorge my sn on aim is vegta12 so maybe we can set up a tournament guys. it is nice see what other competition there is in louisiana.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
So does anyone know if they put Brawl in the EVO yet?

I wouldn't mind driving to the Finals this year for 2008 since anyone can enter........but then again what's this i hear you have to qualify?

Vegeta if you dont mind clearing this up as I know you guys are on Shoryuken.com forums.

Can you just show up and compete or do you HAVE to qualify?

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
nah he came to the right one. we needed some people who were good cause most of the people i faced werent that good. also baton rouge smells like hookers. also we were the REAL louisiana people and yall cant be ranked without facing us :p. North Louisana vs South louisiana tournament i say lets do it!
We should. indeed. maybe do something like New ORleans Vs BR vs you guys, vs etc...

Or BR+New orleans combined.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'd love a chance to play you guys from Ruston/Alexandria, but even if you guys don't come down here for a tournament, it won't be long till I get to play you guys. Going to college up in Ruston, woo~

vegta12

Smash Rookie
well sudai my number is 3184709802 you need to hit me up when u get to ruston since its only an hour away from me.
also what rules do yall use for your tournament? we just did 3stock final destination yoshi island battle field and smashville random. i think though we need to add like delfino plaza,maybe frigate orpheon, and pokemon stadium 1 atleast. also lylat cruise is a good stage

also the evo rules are so ****ing dumb i punched a baby when i saw them

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Where did you guys see Brawl rules for Evo? I'm just curious.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I found some set of rules (any stage as long as it's agreed upon, no stage twice in a set).

I still don't see any mention of items, though.

Enlightenment?

Mamush

Smash Cadet
And how was the woman on the loud speaker? My friend said that was annoying as ****, too.
LMAO! Yeah, she was so loud she did not even need a microphone... As for another tourney, if I had somewhere to host one with in my area I think it would be the most convenient for everyone since I live in central Louisiana. That way people from north and south could make it. =P

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I can't wait until after next week, so I can finally start actually taking this game more seriously. It's not like I'm bad, but when I never play it and then go to dibbz or whatnot, I feel as though Im not playing at optimum level.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I guess I'll be going to dibbz Fri and/or Sat. My parents will be wanting to make up for not taking me to 3LT, I guess I'll take advantage of it.

On another note, I guess I might as well tell you guys about the tournament I'm hosting on the 31st. The guys at my chirch wanted me to hold another one, so I've been planning this for awhile. Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to give a cash prize because the whole thing is a fund raiser, so now the prizes are trophies (whoopee). Entries are $10 per person in singles and teams. I know what you're thinking, and I agree. If you'd like to come, just PM me and I'll tell you the directions.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I guess I'll be going to dibbz Fri and/or Sat. My parents will be wanting to make up for not taking me to 3LT, I guess I'll take advantage of it.

On another note, I guess I might as well tell you guys about the tournament I'm hosting on the 31st. The guys at my chirch wanted me to hold another one, so I've been planning this for awhile. Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to give a cash prize because the whole thing is a fund raiser, so now the prizes are trophies (whoopee). Entries are $10 per person in singles and teams. I know what you're thinking, and I agree. If you'd like to come, just PM me and I'll tell you the directions.
Sounds like it would be fun as long as a bunch of people show up. Try and play on the whole pride factor and whose "the best." And you can't try and tell them that more people might show up if there is a cash prize? At least pay for entry fee. xD

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
I'd love a chance to play you guys from Ruston/Alexandria, but even if you guys don't come down here for a tournament, it won't be long till I get to play you guys. Going to college up in Ruston, woo~
Hey, yeah I wouldn't mind some extra competition up here. Vegta keeps getting owned. lawl

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
The Iceman's number is 225-718-4313. Call the *******. He'll play. He has a controller and the game (if it's needed). And he's hot as hell.

Sudai

Stuff here
So...does anyone know Eric's password anymore? I thought I did? I've logged into his name before to update the first page, but his password isn't working anymore? O.o Was gonna go put the 3LT results on the first page.

Edit: Oh, and Chimera, do you live any closer to Ruston? Or do you guys just go to Ruston a good bit? Or like..Iunno? Lol. I hate driving. lol

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
simna's ness is really good. outside the obvious- pk-fire-dashgrab-throw-aerial pursuit, he is absolutely INSANE with PK Thunder. ugh...he aims it at so many of these ackward angles and tricks it out....crazy.
i think i'm just as good as him (as far as online goes), but admitedly i lost alot more (mostly due to SDs), iunno..i just wasn't feeling it, like i get with brawl after i play it a while. i find i'm at my best in my first 5 or so games...the longer i play the worse i get. i start getting bored doing hte same things..and experiment and get punished for it..

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
I will try out this Tetris Attacks nonsense....although it's not Tetris at all. I would like to play you or another Tetris enthusiast in either a solid Tetris game or something a bit more versus-friendly like Tetris Battle Gaiden or Tetris DS (Push) as well - I'm looking at YOU gnuf.
lol bring it on, ive been playing regular tetris with my gf so get ready. Also i know what you were talking about when you said a guy slammed his controller and did other unnecessary stuff. I saw him do something similar a few matches before and i didnt know if you caught it either, but he was disrepectful. honestly i hate those people, and if he did that to me he wouldve got into some trouble.

anyways i was the one that took you out the brackets i think. the good players can beat my rob but no one there can beat my lucas :p honestly i thought i was going to lose to you. i hate pit user they always beat my rob! somehow my lucas always save me.

Top Bottom