• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
hm..DK has infinite potential w/ his cargo-release-reset...but i'm having trouble on figuring out why it works sometime and others not... possible infinite though.

D

Deleted member

lol at all the marth talk...

he's definitely still good, but in comparison to the other good chars, i dont see him as 'better'
in melee, his auto cancels made him do some mean stuff, as well as fast falling abuse.
now, no one gets hit by ghey up tilt combos, and everyone can auto cancel. also his range was taken away making it now equal or even worse than other good chars.
i think his real strong points are disjointed hit boxes (even if its the same or less range than other chars, it's disjointed), and a high number of killing moves. i dont think this makes him any 'easier' to use than other chars. he's just one other good char on the list.

seriously, if you think marth is easy to win with; play a good meta, rob, zelda, ike, toon link, ect.

he's good, but not broken.

-Ran

Smash Master
now grab-release-infinites that half the charactes can do to 1/4th the cast...
Marth, Charizard, Squirtle, DDD, etc...can infinite Ness JUST BY HOLDING L AND MASHING A[/COLOR

It's only Marth, Charizard, Squirtle, and DK vs Ness, and Lucas [but Lucas can escape via Di to a Jab.] The list Nessbounder made isn't the most accurate thing in the world. My friend and I took it for a spin, and found that many of his claims of infinites were unfounded. =/

and now we have 'another' grab infinite with snake by a corner (very easy to use, if u just shieldgrab a get-up-attack)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs6sxaAJpiM&feature=related
Or they could just use one of the many, many options of getting up. You know, rolling, jumping up, stalling, etc..

Also, the fact that their body has to be halfway off of the stage during the grab's laying down, makes it a good bit harder to do. You'd have to perfect shield so you won't get knocked back.

Mind games. =p

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
All I know is i just got home form tucks, i had 4 kamikaze's and about 25 beers.

You nigg'as

hahahahahahaha

2 More days or shoudl I say 1 more day till its 3LT. Its 4am and I haveno food. Someone bring food to meeeeeee so i can eatt and not have hagkdbg ove3rrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cyphus postedddd lolz he should come to 3LT cause he is the pwn7 at me3lee33ee3e

Byezzzz sleepy sleepppyy.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Man, I hate my job. I work with a bunch of b*tches. One of the old ladies just stopped me and said I need to get a haircut because I'm starting to look like a little girl.

Now, what pisses me off about this is the 'little' part. Yeah, long hair makes you look like a girl, fine, whatever, you're a c*nt, get out of my face.

But a little girl? B*tch, I've atleast got some scrubble in my face, and in these pants, you can clearly see the outline of my massive (over exagerration? absolutely. stfu, don't point it out) gear.

I can't wait to quit this Sh*ttty job and I'm falcon punching that b*tch in the mouth my last day here, you better believe it.

Pika on Fox, DDD on several, etc
Yes, these are quite lame.
infinites
jabs and tilt infinites in any corner (on several counter-pick/fair levels like Stadium
(and recently, just jab infinites, if u can juggle the oponent from the tech animation, step-jab-step-jab, etc)
Mountain out of molehill syndrome right here, any jab/tilt infinite against a wall can be gotten out of with proper DI. For jabs it's usually DI towards opponent then away.
now grab-release-infinites that half the charactes can do to 1/4th the cast...
Marth, Charizard, Squirtle, DDD, etc...can infinite Ness JUST BY HOLDING L AND MASHING A
Completely erroroneous information by nessbounder as Ran Ji already pointed out. He made these claims after playing with himself using a hand on each controller, oh ya, really good test, pfft. Last time I checked playing with yourself is just that.....masturbation, not accurate smash testing.
and now we have 'another' grab infinite with snake by a corner (very easy to use, if u just shieldgrab a get-up-attack)
Ran Ji again pointed out that one.

Some *major* mountain out of molehill syndrome going on in that post. How is any of this nonsense any different than this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LD_tjzTZdA
Bombsoldier's 2nd stock...pretty lame **** right there. Thank god that won't happen in Brawl, ja?

Edited for less censoring :)

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Who in the Baton Rouge area is available to smash from 5:30pm to whenever?

If anyone around BR wants to smash, you should PM me. I'll be checking until 5. Or call me at 337.405.8756.

C'mon people, I need a hell of a lot of practice so I can be as ready as possible for tomorrow.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
$5 Money match for Marth dittos?
Why not make it $10?

Also to the post above mine with the youtube link to the bombsoldier vs ken video. I don't see BS all I see skill and ability to use a character....Yea it was easy to beat the **** out of falco but look how fast on some stock when he couldn't even touch bombsoldier....Oh well it doesnt matter anyway people need to either stop *****ing about brawl or dont play it.

If i went to a tournament and say they put Knuckles in the game. and he could infinite chain grab you then smash you to any character. If someone did it to me all stock every match i wouldn't be like wow thats gay use some skill blah blah I'd say, i can' tbelieve i let myself get caught in that bs. When you lose a stock in smash it's b/c you fcked up.

In the great words of Freddy/Setsuma as he said earliar Play smash like its a real fight. That way you know you need to win to move on =D

oh btw Hangovers suck.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I always loved that vid. It's like "omg, Bomb is untouchable", then it's like "oh, chain grabs are teh ghay, Marth sux", then it's like "oh, Bomb is doin it again, everyone watch", then it's like "grab, grab, grab, utilt, fsmash", then it's like "dude, Marth is so OP, no one will be able to beat him", then it's like "oh, teh space animals are top tier, wtf." It's kinda like that. Anything cool Bomb does, Ken negates with a few well timed grabs. That's the game, though.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
It is a pretty amazing set to watch.

You should also go watch the very recent UCLA championship between Ka-Master (Luigi) vs. Hugs (Samus).

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Syndrome Wrote:

Here is the message that has just been posted:
You completely missed the point, Ever Power. The point was that most of the broken stuff Cyphus had posted about Brawl can be avoided/gotten out of by some good DI, but if the attacker correctly guesses the defender's response, then the chain continues. That was the same way it was in Melee - if you get your opponent in a sticky situation and read correctly, they are still in said sticky situation. Requires a little more timing, sure, but the main thing was to read your opponent correctly. So to point to chain grabs/chain jabs and say "see, this sucks" is to ignore it was present before.

End Quote.

I got the point, I was stating a few other facts. Dont get mad over it lol we all friends here lol This game is ruining our lives lol.

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
i will most likely go with a very huge hang over. my friend's 21 birthday is tonight and all the finals are done. i will try my best to **** all you n00b$. good luck bc you need it!

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
ANYBODY trying to get some practice tonight? me and jiovanni are down for dibbz or my house or anywhere really

Battousai780

Smash Ace
(me matt(everpower) and raniji are at dibbz right now so if anybody wants to smash just come on over.
O yeah, leave me out of it, I was there! Anyways, that was a funny metaknight match. (jk, and if you do get the vid up, that wasnt me)

hehe

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Balls, I couldn't make it tonight, I was watchin Iron Man, and now I'm drinkin. PS, that movie kicked ***. I've got nothing to do this summer except work during the day, so if anyone wants to play, PM me or give me a call (provided you have a Wii, since I don't).
On a side note, does the word balls get asterisked?

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Okay, ill say this, ive been back a stock before with like 100 + percent on me, and ive won matches, **** happends and you have to accept that, and train yourself to make as few mistakes as you can, thats how melee did it, and thats how brawl does it.

SKY VODKA FOR THE WIN!

edit for the win:

Sky isnt that good. : /

Eric, come to my house before the tournoment please, i need a ridez :[

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I love how i asked you to do one fhucking thing and its IMPOSSIBLE for you to do so.

**** you dude.

i QUIT smash.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I missed it too. O well, gotta wait for the next tourney to kick your *****.

-edit-

Setsuma dont quit on me!

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i had a really terrible time @ the tourney, i just dont enjoy smash tournaments in general i guess.. having not slept the night before probly added to it. I generally have a problem being in public anywhere, especially waiting around. the only fun i had was playing freddy in brackets, it was a really epic set... technicaly i have to quit smash cuz i lost to taylor in meele in a drunken ****ed up state that i dont remember, also left my controller at erics to leave sumthing to remember me by.... haha jk ill be back sometime once ive got some problems settled and my **** together... i had some real good convos with lee,john and taylor, yall are cool people, and a special thanks to sudai for driving me around and listening to my problems .... i couldnt ask for more from a group of people taking care of me/helping me u will all be rewarded in the future
ill bake cookies

vegta12

Smash Rookie
blah well some guy from dallas won the tournament up in ruston. His name is wobbles on youtube or something when he played melee i think. pretty nice guy though and so was his friend. kinda upset it was 3 metaknights in the finals though. guess im goin to have to start maining a character for realz :X all in all it was good and we have 100 people

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
I told you this game would turn into a 1-2 character game.

I wonder how many more people are going to start maining "metaknight".

And I guess Dr Mario Kart ended up winning alot of money too since he won FFA's and Singles..

-Ran

Smash Master
Lee won singles.
Jon Woo had second.

Ike and meta knight vs Falco. John Wu beat out the Meta Knight from Texas with Falco.

-Ran

Smash Master
After the tournament, Lee and John were a tad drunk in the car ride back. They kept talking the entire ride back.

Very entertaining.

Top Bottom