• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

well i mean, you can think what you want. but when i pwn you with marth, and kyle pwns you even harder with ike; it will be rly funny xD

yeah i think marth is still the best char in the game. i think range is even more important in this game than it was in melee. i think zelda is pretty good, meta is ok, i personally hate falco, but hear he is good? i love lucas, and the new m2 guy is cool too.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
GOD **** only 2 1/2 hours till I get it. Im so excited. :]]]]]

Ill look up my wii code later, since my parents took my wii away (but they're giving it back today of course)

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ok, been playing brawl for a few hours, my opinion....

ok *** meele, brawl is good, my expectations were exceeded, this is still smash just in a very different version. dare i say better than melee? no, not yet, but it has potential...

Pit is way too good, im leaning towards using him when i actually play a real person....

im enjoying listening to all the awsome music...

i preety much love this game and im glad that i do....

im gonna pwn u noobs, cuz like im going to be better @ this game than i ever was in melee (tons of mindgame potential and what not)

but ya this game is fun, id pay 50$ just for the music, im still getting use to the controls and gameplay, its gonna take a while, i wanna wavedash so badly im thinkin about playing melee again just so i can wavedash across the screen

id give this game a 10, sakuri did a good job

Battousai780

Smash Ace
ok, been playing brawl for a few hours, my opinion....

ok *** meele, brawl is good, my expectations were exceeded, this is still smash just in a very different version. dare i say better than melee? no, not yet, but it has potential...

Pit is way too good, im leaning towards using him when i actually play a real person....

im enjoying listening to all the awsome music...

i preety much love this game and im glad that i do....

im gonna pwn u noobs, cuz like im going to be better @ this game than i ever was in melee (tons of mindgame potential and what not)

but ya this game is fun, id pay 50$ just for the music, im still getting use to the controls and gameplay, its gonna take a while, i wanna wavedash so badly im thinkin about playing melee again just so i can wavedash across the screen

id give this game a 10, sakuri did a good job
Do you have aim? And omg, guys, Im so scared Im going to get home and brawl wont work. :[

-Ran

Smash Master
So, I tried to play someone that was local.... lag was horrible. [We're talkin' about five to ten miles away from my house] The question now, is it my connection, or his?

Who wants to try with me?

AIM: Kyomamoru

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
mines 0001 2992 0311
everybody in LA add me. i cant in touch with you fuqs lol. also ima be up ALLLL night playing brawl. so add me and lez do it.:]

666 for lyfe

Battousai780

Smash Ace
**** yeah, I've been playing this **** all day. Dedede's chaingrab is sooooooo much fun to do. xD

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Guys, make sure that you're posting your Wii number and Brawl friend code. There's a difference.

Either way, online won't be an option for me. I have the crappiest internet service ever. HughesNet. Today I called the company to see if they could improve my online play and I had the most disappointing conversation ever:

Guy: How can I help you?
Me: I was wondering why I couldn't play games online, *insert list of problems here*
Guy: Oh ok, are you using Xbox 360 or PS3?
Me: I'm using a Wii.
Guy: What?
Me: A Nintendo Wii
Guy: Can you spell it out for me?
Me: W-i-i
Guy: Oooh, a Wii. Is that a software?

After much discussion, the guy concluded that there was a problem with both of the routers I've been using and said that I should call those companies, and that the problem had nothing to do with the HughesNet modem. After I hung up, I hooked the Wii directly to the modem and couldn't even connect to Nintendo WFC.

HughesNet is terrible.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Guys, make sure that you're posting your Wii number and Brawl friend code. There's a difference.

Either way, online won't be an option for me. I have the crappiest internet service ever. HughesNet. Today I called the company to see if they could improve my online play and I had the most disappointing conversation ever:

Guy: How can I help you?
Me: I was wondering why I couldn't play games online, *insert list of problems here*
Guy: Oh ok, are you using Xbox 360 or PS3?
Me: I'm using a Wii.
Guy: What?
Me: A Nintendo Wii
Guy: Can you spell it out for me?
Me: W-i-i
Guy: Oooh, a Wii. Is that a software?

After much discussion, the guy concluded that there was a problem with both of the routers I've been using and said that I should call those companies, and that the problem had nothing to do with the HughesNet modem. After I hung up, I hooked the Wii directly to the modem and couldn't even connect to Nintendo WFC.

HughesNet is terrible.
That sucks. But thanks, you made me realize I could just plug it directly into my router. I played my friend but it was laggy as ****. (might've been cause of server overload and the fact that he lives in detroit)

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Ok, I'll be honest. The only reason that I'm not severely disappointed is that I didn't make the mistake of getting my hopes up. It's a very fun game and it'll be interesting to see where it goes, but I don't see nearly as much potential as Melee has. The game developers used rather poor judgement, as if they didn't see any of what the competitive community made out of SSBM. Melee was simply a beautiful accident I guess.

But still, I'm having fun playing as Diddy Kong.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Ok, I'll be honest. The only reason that I'm not severely disappointed is that I didn't make the mistake of getting my hopes up. It's a very fun game and it'll be interesting to see where it goes, but I don't see nearly as much potential as Melee has. The game developers used rather poor judgement, as if they didn't see any of what the competitive community made out of SSBM. Melee was simply a beautiful accident I guess.

But still, I'm having fun playing as Diddy Kong.
Give it time.... Im pretty sure Melee wasnt anywhere near as competetive on the first day it came out. xD

(excluding the little bits and pieces of small number of people playing the japanese version)

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Mindgamez. this game is all about mindgames. the basic smash formula still works. I cameup with about 1000 different uses for diddy's banana peels. Diddy is crazy in this game def. top tier potential. Dedede is really good probly high tier, i dont like brawl mario as much oh well even though he does seem better, most of the characters are really good. Pit is still amazing, there is just no character i like playing as more for right now... olimar is **** broken and hate using him, lucas is good hes like falco from meele with his pk fire, the space animals grrrr i dont like them anymore(maybe later), toon link lol that little guy is awsome he can whoop up on marth like nobodies business.... peach sucks now (yay) well not sucks but really average, ike has alot of potential in the right hands doesnt fit my style at all, g&w watch like the most improved from meele maybe zelda too she got alot better while shiek is average... buy ya all the characters are pretty good, seems alot more balanced

-Ran

Smash Master
After another day of playing [three hours at home, and then six hours with my casual friends], it is clear that there is indeed gaps in skill that are going to become evident. In the first few matches when we had got Brawl on Thursday [we're awesome], the matches were relatively close. It took a large bit of explanation for me to finally get them to remove Items. [BUT FINAL SMASHES ARE SO COOL, or so they would say. -.-;"

Anyways, one vs one was much harder than it was before. In Melee I could 4-0 them if I wanted to, but in Brawl I was scrapping to beat them on the final kill. q.q Granted, I wasn't a great/good Melee player, and didn't have much stock put into Wave dashing, but when it came down to timing/prediction, I was prepared. However, once I got my own copy [and more than a few hours of game time] I can leave you with this final quote.

"It's no fair now. You own the game now."

It all comes down to relearning the timing, and forgetting the old crap. I think many, many people are reluctant to do that, since some are holding out for Melee to make a resurgence. I need to 'find' Marth's tipper again.

Pit + Airdodge + Recovery = Bull ****.
Even against a casual, it's a pain to kill Pitt. Really, my only solution is just to keep juggling him until he blows through all of his jumps. Due to this, my friends are attempting to boycott the use of stages with platforms. >>

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
Played with Greg (DSK) on wifi today and the lag was just aweful. He did beat the hell out of me, though; and I would use a "lag" john, but he was lagging too... bummer.
I don't think I can play wifi-brawl.
As far as characters, I'm really diggin' Mario and Fox. Other characters I do "okay" with are Marth, Ike, Zamus, Shiek, Pit, and Falco. I'm going to try broaden my horizons a bit for this game instead of just playing one character for years then in the last few months start picking up more.
I think I'll just resort back to going to people's houses or having people over. (**** it)
I hope everyone else is having fun with brawl! I can't wait to see what kind of crazy stuff some of our better players start doing.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
so i still havent played wolf, so my mains for right now are Mario,marth,fox, potentially ddd? idk, but i suck with him, hes got a mean chainthrow though.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
*is snoop dogg*
? lol

i think im maining pit, u cant stop me hahaha, ill try online tomorow see how it is.. other possible secondaries diddy,lucas,metaknight,samus,ice climbers(i think theyre preety good) that is all

p.s. i hate the new final destination

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ya, probly cuz this is the first day everyone has brawl and too many people are trying to play online , and the servers cant handle it.thats y u have to wait a few days, i think it happened with halo, u also need a good connection and stuff.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
After playing Sudai for about 9 hours and Ken online for only a little while...**** competitve play. Items are too good in this game. There is no amount of fun to be matched to the joy of fighting over dragoon pieces, get 'em all, only to have your dreams dashed because of a well mind gamed air dodge or a beautiful wall tech. That's so much fun. Stealing a Final Smash ball with a PK thunder after your opponent just did all the work of breaking it = priceless. I still want to find other willing bodies to do 4 player FFA. I think Brawl is definitely the party game of the decade.

The game developers used rather poor judgement, as if they didn't see any of what the competitive community made out of SSBM.
Poor judgment? You clearly have no business sense. Appease the small competitive scene or the incredibly massive casual gamer/new gamer market?

It's pretty obvious the competitive scene just perverted what Sakurai and co. had planned for melee and in their eyes brawl is a massive improvement.

My guess is that online play will never be good. I've played DS online quite a bit, and it's never been good. I don't know how I managed to trick myself into thinking a game like Brawl would be acceptable online.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Taylor hung up the phone on me. ;_; I don't know why, not like I offended him or anything.

But due to your logic Shyguy, is Luigi, Ike, and Marth high tier?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
pitts the best character as far as i can tell so far.
he's not that light, has priority, good speed, is the king of projectile wars, great aerial spacing, and broken recovery. In fact the only thing he isn't broken in is power, but he's deffinately not weak.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
where ARE you people..add my number, AIM me yours..and lets play ****it.

btw, i finshed the subspace..and unlocked every character, except jigglypuff (i thought it'd be funny if i skipped the "first" hidden character, lol)

D

Deleted member

i didnt hang up on you nicknyte; i never touched the phone or talked to you.

im maining marth and lucus, if i play that game for real (still undecided)

but kyle's ike is raw

and i still dont have my own copy lol

Battousai780

Smash Ace
where ARE you people..add my number, AIM me yours..and lets play ****it.

btw, i finshed the subspace..and unlocked every character, except jigglypuff (i thought it'd be funny if i skipped the "first" hidden character, lol)
MEMEMEME. Maybe tomorrow you can pwn me. Any of you guys have an luck with it not being laggy?

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Long time no see guys.

0430 7937 9858

Add me.
I added Sudai, Lobelia, Cyphus, Shore Top, Ran Iji, and Lee. Add me. I want to play real peoples.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Long time no see guys.

0430 7937 9858

Add me.
I added Sudai, Lobelia, Cyphus, Shore Top, Ran Iji, and Lee. Add me. I want to play real peoples.
Ill add you, but I dont know my wii number off the top of my head. Can all you guys give me your aims so I can figure this **** out and plan better?

Top Bottom