• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
So like...today I had to deliver something to the ISSP teacher and as I walked in, some kid's cell phone went off while he was sitting in ISSP. That was awesome. lmao.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Ummm, last week the whole 9th grade world geography class got paddled for leaving playdough in some of the classes.

Paddle = Massive *** pain and possible bruises. I can still feel it >_<

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
u got fing paddled man?? i would have faught the principal. hahaha. straight up.

D

Deleted member

so none of the attempts at entertaining eric were actually funny, but the compilation of people telling stories just to appease eric is hillarious.

so im off until sat. anyone want to last minute melee? or if gw has brawl playing on a tv, anyone want to camp out with me?

D

Deleted member

i would have only paddled the girls.

sometimes, bytches need to get hit.

D

Deleted member

double post because i wanted that last one to say only that.

who remembers how many camel jades shyg used to smoke?
dude, that was funny.

*the frosts reminded me of the menthol-ness
but you were totally smoking kools at dibbs. dont sell out!

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
speeking of hoes, me and lee went outside to get a GC and like 2 or 3 girls scream at us while passing by in a van.

they said something like "HAY SECKEY!!!" or something completely ridiculous.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
After Brawl's release, I'm assuming a huge get-together will be planned at Dibbz the following Saturday, correct? If that's the case, then I want in. I've been playing Brawl off and on since it was shipped from Japan to a friend of mine, and I'd like to test my skills.

D

Deleted member

i mean, maybe. thats alot of people to play at one place. i imagine br, houma, and no will play separately until skills develop and desire so be tested. thats my plan anyway.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
yeah, same here. I wont care to play no for like a couple months; and whos to say when ill be not lazy enough to actually go.

But i am prolly gonna go to boomtown one weekend soonish, since ill be 21 in a couple days, and go to casion, play some itg and ddr, then maybe head to dibbz? .

-eet. not vaughn :0

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I see.
Well, until the state's respective communities begin to merge, I should be plenty occupied with the Brawl scene here in New Orleans.
I'll be spending the entirety of Sunday, and possibly Monday as well, playing Brawl. Adjusting to Samus's new playstyle will take a bit.

D

Deleted member

or internet service super- provider.
im off today who is playing?

Battousai780

Smash Ace
alright man, but just watch out girls can *** u over...
It's actually kinda funny you say that cause she is my best friend's ex. But he broke up with so iunno. I don't think really is trying to cause any trouble. At least, I hope not.

eet

Smash Ace
OK, guys.. I've got some bad news.

I talked to Stephen today at Gameware when he got a phone call from his boss saying that a representative at Play N' Trade reported them to their distributor about the tournament. We have no idea how they found out, but we're not allowed to have the tourney with the English version yet before the street date.

So what we're trying to do now is try to get some people with the import versions for tomorrow, but it looks like it's not going to go. Stephen says he knows a person and I tried calling Eddie, but it looks like it's not going to fly.

Stephen told me if people were still interested and we couldn't get Brawl just yet, we could do a Melee or 64 tourney instead. Someone let me know who's bringing setups and whatnot and I'll let Stephen know right away. He really wants this to go through. And it's not Gameware's fault that this has happened, so show him your support, guys.

-Vaughn

(Eric's posts are at 1,000 now)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
That really sucks.

If Brawl can't happen, I'd rather go play pump. So I guess you can count me out on this one. Though, did he say anything about a midnight sale? I know he'll be at that play, and that is why we moved the tournament to Friday in the first place. Still, I forgot what he said regarding a midnight sale. If you don't know, I'll just give Gameware a call and check on it.

Stupid Play N' Trade guy, ruining all of our fun and stuff.

-Ran

Smash Master
So, I get to play Brawl tonight. [English Version] My friend managed to snag a copy. Wooo. ;v

D

Deleted member

someone should ask stephen if he'll give me my copy early.

also im off friday and was rly looking forward to the tourney, where i probably wont be off work till about 12 on saturday for the midnight release, so yall would have to hold my spot for a few mins, plus i think alot less ppl will show at midnight.

but yeah, i can bring 2 setups and a tv if anyone is still game for a melee tourney on friday. i dont have my n64 anymore so i cant rly help out with that one.

/respond

-Ran

Smash Master
I get off at 7:30pm on Friday, and I wouldn't mind getting bum rushed in Melee, if you're coming to NO.

Sudai

Stuff here
I talk to some of the people that work at Play n Trade, but I never mentioned anything about a tourney. It's pretty ghey that they'd rat Gameware out like that though....

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
man i took off work to go. oh well, now i dont have to work. theres going to be two parties tomorrow night if anyone is interested. one with a keg of stella and the other party with abita.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
There's still a midnight sale, but no tourney still. Stephen and Renee will be back at 11:00 p.m. to do it. The Gameware at the mall will be closed all day however. Does anyone want to do a tourney? I need to let Stephen know.

D

Deleted member

pro mura!
good luck.
so everyone should post whether or not they're going to gameware for a melee tourney tomorrow.

-Ran

Smash Master
Alright, just got back from playing Brawl. [About eight hours of playing.]

I might cancel my reserve. Was the game good? Meh, it was decent. It isn't worth me buying a Wii + Game though. At least, not yet.

D

Deleted member

sigh. i believe i will feel the same way. but i bought my wii a year ago in anticipation for this, preordered the game (full price) 6 months ago because i knew id be broke later (which i am) and now i could be 300$ richer and im going to write nintendo an angry letter about destroying smash. n64 was a good start. dash dancing, z cancels, floaty chars but still many combos (including 0-death), im not sure about ledge invincibility abuse but probably that too. then melee got even more pro with tech game. now brawl reverted to pre n64 style. sigh....

looks like ill be playing maple story until evo picks up melee again.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Taylor, I think if you give it a chance, it won't be so bad. The tech game might not be the same, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. For the first time in years, smash is new, and we don't know every little trick yet. While it may never approach Melee in overall technicality, I think Brawl will develop pretty well given time.

Anyways, like I said, I'm gonna pass on any tournament tonight.

Top Bottom