• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
La doesnt hold cyphus back imo, it accents his playing.
we taught ourselves how to be, good living so far from all the pros. we kind of had too, and now La actually has some good players mostly due to me and cyphus and with the new guys like freddy, young dylan, and nicknyte along with the classic pros like me and boss, baton rouge especially has some fight now. so try not to leave brandon

and on a side note i will 100% be attending the gw tourney saturday, and most likely will end up running it so brandon and john please attend, i promise to put out a show not to be forgotten.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
anyone oos that wants to come tomorrow or people in la that live far away can stay at my house tomorrow night. i got a new bigger apt, so if you werent going to come because its far u can sleep with me! so brandon please dont let me win this one

i will also be accepting money matches, and depending on how valiantly you play, i might even give you you're money back.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Depending really on how Ryan feels, we might come (<_< how many times have I said this without actually showing up now?).

If we can come, then I'll try to warm up and make sure I'm ready to play against the rest of BR. Time to see how much further just smash knowledge can take me without actual experience

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
hmmm sexy turney, and btw Mankosuki probally the reason why TN has better people then La is because that they have alot of older (i consider 18 to be older) smashers and La has like 14 year olds and stuff includeding myself and it kindof limates the young smasher of what we can do like going to a smash fest on wensday so we can't pratice on differnt people all the time and all of the older smashers are all pretty good in LA anyway.

on a side note i found my ipod :D it was in Nicknytes car

SirSka

Smash Cadet
I hate that I have to miss so many tournies and have to placed so low in the standings.
Ska=Nite, that is my verdict. Unless, Nite, You wanna go another round when I finally am able come down again. I need to fight you anyway to improve my Marth defense. I also need to play Sudai again to recover from embarrasing myself last time I went to your house. I need to play Cyphus' Doc to see how my Mario is fairing. I need to play Lee to just plan out get pwned, and then theres Bakemonkey, that dam Samus. I need to make more tournies so I can at place higher. Besides, I wanna beat Taylor just once, just once.
Edit: I also need to mention, beat everyone with Ganon

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
taylor.
u said spend the night tomorrow?..but tourney is saturday? :o i'm confused.
but yea...me and lee actually both kinna agreed that we wanna take a break from smash for how long iunno. But if i'm feeling better smash-wise by friday/saturday i'd deffiantely wanna enter the tourney. Crashing the night at ur place would be cool by all means.
just to clarify, did u mean people can crash the night friday for the tourney saturday?

Dibbz PC Cafe tourney
entrants:
cyphus, lee, john, ricky, ray, kyle, pierre, kerry, ram

1st. John
2nd Lee
3rd Cyphus
4th Ricky
5th Ray/RAM (or something like that)
7th Kyle/Pierre/Carrie (or something like that)

it was actually a really tough tournament. Kyle, Pierre, and Carrie are all really good and got really close in their matches.

> = beat

john > ricky
lee > ray, ram, cyph
john > lee.
cyphus > ricky, ray
lee > cyphus
lee > john 1st set
john > lee 2nd set
ggs.

ricky and ray both took me to a 3rd match last stock.
Ray's best character is Y.Link, imo by far and large...and it *****.

but basically lee reads my habits like a book, john edgeguards the crap out of lee, and i just pwn john. Anyone coulda won, just depending on who had to fight who orderwise.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
First round, John beat my Marth with Shiek.

Second round, I beat Kerry's Shiek with Marth.

Third round, Ray's Young Link and my Marth go 1:1 and he pulls out Shiek and beats me.

Gr.

eet

Smash Ace
Sheik'd. :\

But yea Im not sure if the GW tourny is this sat or next so before youall start planning you might want to contact stephen at gw. but anyway i have work sat but I work at the mall now so Ill jus stop by heh

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I hate that I have to miss so many tournies and have to placed so low in the standings.
Ska=Nite, that is my verdict. Unless, Nite, You wanna go another round when I finally am able come down again. I need to fight you anyway to improve my Marth defense. I also need to play Sudai again to recover from embarrasing myself last time I went to your house. I need to play Cyphus' Doc to see how my Mario is fairing. I need to play Lee to just plan out get pwned, and then theres Bakemonkey, that dam Samus. I need to make more tournies so I can at place higher. Besides, I wanna beat Taylor just once, just once.
Edit: I also need to mention, beat everyone with Ganon

You might wanna change that to Nyte, Nite lives in TN XD

But Ska=Nyte?

I'm bringing the Low style on yo donkey.

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I work 8-3 on Saturday...but the tournament starts at 1, right? :/

Cyphus, can you post the by-round matchups? I'd like to add those to the Elo rankings so we can go ahead and get NO up there. :x

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Dibbz was fun. RAM hope you made it back safely. Sorry i had to leave early needed to pick up the g/f.

Lets all do it again sometime.

Ram one weekend in the summer i'll drive over to one of your tournies in FL -_-.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
eh..this is all from memory..

Round 1
Lee > Ray
Ram > bye
Cyphus > Pierre
Ricky > Kerry
John > Kyle

Round 2
John > Ricky
Lee > Ram

Round 2.5
Lee > Cyphus

Round 3
John > Lee

Loser's Round 1
Ray > Pierre
Ricky > ram
cyphus > carrie

Round 2
Cyphus > Ray

round 2.5
Cyphus > Ricky

Round 3
Lee > Cyphus

Round 4
Lee > John

Round 5(2nd set)
John > Lee

EDIT: Manko. none were =/

RAM

Smash Lord
Of course no matches were taped. it was a free tourney, and My DK was doing just Fine!!!!! ^_^ Cy I had a lot of fun playing you and Lee and on Every Wensday me and the Crew I was almost in before I moved 2 FL will be playing alot more and by that I mean Ricky, Ray and John. They will get me back into shape. on a side note DIBBZ T.V's are friggin hugh!!! and to Matt NP I'll see you next week same time same place lil buddy.

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
Just a plea . . .

At the tourney today can singles come before doubles if we're doing both by any chance? >_<

Course now Tony's not sure if he wants to go cause he wore himself out cause of the wii . . .

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I can't remember a Gameware tournament that didn't hold singles first. That's the main thing, so it's going to start first.

Tainted_Love

Smash Rookie
I went to the game ware tourney and accepted a $5 Money Match from a random guy(please note that this is my first tourney and I have no knowledge of people in the community) guy ends up being Lee! I think I may have gotten 50% damage if that much. Then I find out that for my first match in the tournament I have to play him again X__X.

Mary

Smash Rookie
what was the outcome of the tournament? i woke up saturday morning with 102 temperature and sore throat.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I've played Lee at every tourney I've been to so far . . .

Shoutouts and warm affections later.

Sudai

Stuff here
I totally missed out on playing Sars.. ; ;

Got there at like 4:30 so I didn't get to play many people, though I did beat Taylor when he was distracted by questions about the tournament for like..3 stocks! :p

Beat Tim a good bit except in fox dittos, he still pwns me in those. x.x

Freddy's was fun..anyone that didn't go missed out~

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ite so me and lee are officially smashed out and taking a break.
in this one week we've made 2 trips to NewOrleans for smashfests and a tournament in which we crashed the night for more smash...and went to BatonRouge for 2 nights for smashfests and a tournament.

me and lee had a great time though.
specially most recently our B.R. trip. Thanx for the hospitality everyone and ggs.

Sars, hehe...yea, stuck w/ lee again. Audi seems pretty cool. u seemed to give all the orders in ya'll fights though <_<

Taylor. good tourney. paul is a cool guy. that other guy looked annoyed by me and lee- like he thought it was time we should go, lol.

Freddy. Cactus Decoy, my friend and happy birthday. we had some good matches.

nicknyte...where were the nitespikes?..YOU PHAILED!

mary...y do u always have to leave!?!?

kalzar. u seemed to be playing better. good stuff. and 'grats on winning teams.

sudai..i don't even remember our matches!

eet...<3...even though i felt everyone was angry at me, i just want u to know you were the only one i still trusted that liked me! (i even thought maybe i was pissing off the puppy :<)
but not YOU EEt. u r just that awesome!

iceman. we both got drunk and got ontop each other. we will say no more...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
@ Cyphus: >__>;;;

@ Lee: My characters couldn't move when I was near a wall . . .

@ The BR Crew: Well, glad to see I still can't touch you guys . . . XD And thanks to Tim for all the friendlies I got in early on. Let me loosen up a bit.

@ Kyle and Dillan: Thanks for all the friendlies dudes. XD

@ Iceman: I don't think we got to play at all . . .

@ Anyone else: Ah thanks for the cool tourney and for playing me whenever. Had a good time, got to play smash with some other guys, so it was all cool.

@ Sudai and Sets: T_T Tony and I left just as Sets came in, and I never got a chance to meet Sudai . . .

And as for the vids, I'm working on ripping them right now. I promise I'll get them all done before Friday (Bad internet connection and I'm lazy)

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
Tainted_Love
is that by chance a guy named Ken? if so i love you, if not i still love you.

Lee was still playing computers this morning at my house. i dont think he will get smashed out.

sudai we can mm if you think that game meant anything ;)

boss, gg.

fred you should have showed

ggs to everyone else aswell

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Cyphus owned me in Melee, then we got drunk and he owned me yet again. I think you win at life, man.
Sars, yeah, I knew I forgot to play someone. It was a little disorganized towards the end, so I figured everything was over and I left. If it makes you feel better, you probably would've beat me.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Nah, don't think too highly of me iceman. Besides, it would've still been fun playing with you, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4C3DA732CAD4B4EE

^That's the link to what vids I have ripped so far. If you have issues with quality or whatever, um, sorry lol If it really bugs you, tell me and I might rip them at a better. I'm definitely making the "better" matches higher quality btw. And if any of you want to have a copy of your vids, I might upload them to filefront for ya.

Oh and since I'm completely ********, I lost the sheet with all the matches on it. >_> So ah, if I get names wrong or whatever, please correct me.

Oh, and I forgot to thank Vaughn for hosting the tourney so . . . thanks dude!

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
thx for the vids sars.
if im off from work this saturday im going to go to the mobile al biweekly in ragnarok's garage. my car is a piece of **** tho so hopefully the boss will go too and i can drive his car and ill pay for the gas along with anyone else who comes with us. any br kids bored sat.?

Top Bottom