• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I know NickNyte is alot better, and he deserves to be there, but he still can't beat me, and that's borderline embarrassing.

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't get why anyone would even get worked up over a tier list. If you don't like it, don't pay attention to it. If someone feels they're in the wrong spot, they can prove it or better yet, just keep playing and try to have fun like me and Icy. I hate that people get so wrapped up in rankings when it doesn't freakin' matter! Sets, if you can beat people above you on the list, big whoop~ if you lose to people below you, so what? It's a freakin' manifestation of an ideology that means NOTHING. Do you really think that your playing will be any better if you're moved up on something that was completely made up? I DON'T! IT IS AN IDEA...YOU WILL NOT DO BETTER JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE MOVED UP ON THE LIST! GET OVER YOURSELF YOU *******!

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
whoa-whoa-whoa peoplez!1
i don't think setsuma said anything regarding the tier list specifically, so need to attack him on tier-list-assumptions that he never made.
i <3 everyone.
i just put down the tier list and some reasoning behind 'my' logic, not anyone else's and not to say mine is supreme or anything. Like i said, i WANT to make it more accurate and i trust the community as a whole to give advice and improve it.
Eet said he think RSIA should be higher, and he's prolly right, that if he didn't get any worse, he prolly is the top of tier 3. Afterall, anyone can pick up smash and return to the their old skill and even improve in a single day anyway...so i think Eet is right.
see how easy that was to make a correction? :D

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Aside from the tier list, sorry avery for not showing up at dibbz. My parents played like they had alzhiemers and when I asked them to bring me they were like "wtf we never said we'd bring you." Maybe next time.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Whoo! My name's in the same sentence as Sudai, Matt, and Sets.

Guess I did something right. And yeah, so long as Flarefox stays at tier 3 I'm not arguing for me to move up there. >_>

Mary

Smash Rookie
i have not quit smash and i still play. i dont go to many tournament, but i get better because of my roommates. back at lsmsa flarefox introduced us to competitive smash. he taught us pretty much every he knew. then we left and got an apartment in br. during school and once we got our apartment. we would play ALOT. we learned from each other and progressively got better. no one know my two roommates but they are extremely good. they dont have a passion for it but have natural talent. i learn from them. they never ever play in tournament. honestly, i would place them in tier 3 of the power rankings. they are asian. i will try to keep up with tournaments and go to a lot more.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
So.. there's gonna be Gameware tournament on the 3rd saturday of this month.. you guys figure that out. I'm Vaughn by the way. Finally on smashboards. Stephen the manager wants it to be 5 dollars for the entry fee on the tournament will be played in the back of the arcade. He would really appreciate it if the winner and some other participants would buy something from the store in order to support them. I'll have more details on it later and I'll most likely be running it this time seeing as how I work there. Cool stuff.

Sudai

Stuff here
21st.

Sweet~ We need a time though. >.>

*might request that day off*

Will they actually let us do it this time or are they gonna renig(I know I spelled that oh so wrong...but....butseks!) again

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
alright, so turns out RSIA is back in business in BatonRouge. and he's improved since his absence, so thats all sexy news to me.
and apparently mary hasn't retired yet :p
so does anyone know anything about flarefox? whats he been up to?

we need a state smashfest somewhere. An ALL-NIGHTER w/ Houma, N.O., B.R, and Laffy, etc!!!!
we need 4 good-size TVs and a freakin' ROUND ROBIN system to order our top players! >:O
how about during the Mardi Gras break?

lets start working on something huge. Its been too long since we've ALL met up at the same time.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
alright, so turns out RSIA is back in business in BatonRouge. and he's improved since his absence, so thats all sexy news to me.
and apparently mary hasn't retired yet :p
so does anyone know anything about flarefox? whats he been up to?

we need a state smashfest somewhere. An ALL-NIGHTER w/ Houma, N.O., B.R, and Laffy, etc!!!!
we need 4 good-size TVs and a freakin' ROUND ROBIN system to order our top players! >:O
how about during the Mardi Gras break?

lets start working on something huge. Its been too long since we've ALL met up at the same time.
Do this and I will love you people forever. Preferably make it somewhere close to NO pweaz.

Mary

Smash Rookie
flarefox is still at lsmsa and he has pretty much quit competitive smash. he plays occasionally with noobs for fun, but i would say he has quit for now. dont expect to see him at a tourney.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
i think everybody is taking this tier thing too seriously. i dont even think flarefox should be on the tier list if he doesnt even participate and isnt competitive. that sounds like a quitter.i just have to agree with Cyphus and say we have one huge smashfest all nighter with literally EVERYBODY. if people want to be ranked in this game. anybody who says i can beat, but couldnt beat *such and such* because i was playing bad or anything of the like must do a money match.
For No Reason.

i do think Rsia should be in at the top of tier 3 if not bottom of tier 2. i dont believe that it isnt that he isn't consistent. i think he just got a lot better than what he was quite a while back.

and just so everybody knows i started picking up luigi if anybody cares.
he's just so **** sexy. and he's going to be one of my TOP players. Reallll soon.
i dont ever post but **** it.

im going play with my dead hermit crab now.

RAM

Smash Lord
i think everybody is taking this tier thing too seriously. i dont even think flarefox should be on the tier list if he doesnt even participate and isnt competitive. that sounds like a quitter.i just have to agree with Cyphus and say we have one huge smashfest all nighter with literally EVERYBODY. if people want to be ranked in this game. anybody who says i can beat, but couldnt beat *such and such* because i was playing bad or anything of the like must do a money match.
For No Reason.

i do think Rsia should be in at the top of tier 3 if not bottom of tier 2. i dont believe that it isnt that he isn't consistent. i think he just got a lot better than what he was quite a while back.

and just so everybody knows i started picking up luigi if anybody cares.
he's just so **** sexy. and he's going to be one of my TOP players. Reallll soon.
i dont ever post but **** it.

im going play with my dead hermit crab now.
Another Young Smasher see's the light. GL with that.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, his Luigi beat mine (though barely, it still beat it, no johns for me), and that's only when he just started playing with it (can I say 'playing with it' and not get in trouble here?). Lee's a **** machine. It's not fair to anyone in Louisiana if he picks up the most sexy character in the game. That leaves us to fight what? Yeah, a sexy machine.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
update
luigi counters doc................... v __ v

and i'm learning capt falcon.
and capt counters luigi, lol.

and how about NO tier list...just a power rankings list? its not like there are huge gaps anyway...

1. Lee
2. Cyphus
3. John
4. Ricky
5. Taylor
6. Ray
7. Eet
8. RSIA
9. Blaise
10. Mary

bam, theres our top 10, what do ya'll think? no more deffinitive gaps of skill (cuz they don't exist in the first place, lol). Flarefox and Mary's friends don't play outside local casualness so they can't be taken into account since their tournament-style abilities will never be known or fully developed anyway.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
I don't know, his Luigi beat mine (though barely, it still beat it, no johns for me), and that's only when he just started playing with it (can I say 'playing with it' and not get in trouble here?). Lee's a **** machine. It's not fair to anyone in Louisiana if he picks up the most sexy character in the game. That leaves us to fight what? Yeah, a sexy machine.
it is really funny if you look at the ****'s and u think of every 4 letter curse word that could go in there.....

I made a tier list of the funniest answers for "Lee's a ____ machine."
1. ****
2. FUKC
3. COK
4. C U N T
5. D!CK
6. DAMM
7. CRAB (in honor of the deseased)

R.I.P. LEE's DEAD HERMIT CRAB.

He was a good crab never finally killed snake but dammit he did get that eyeball........ SNAKE VS LEE'S HERMIT CRAB........ long story short snake woke shortly after this battle and broke Lee's hermit crab's neck... :( ........... but snake died sooo yea. awsome now he wont be in brawl.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
so my new apt has alot more room in it.
i could probably make some room and get 4-6 tvs depending on the people
lets say either friday or saturday the 26 or the 27th
if thats no good for people we can push it back a week
i'll get a time later probably starting between noon and 3 pm.
id like to get atleast 15 or so people commited to coming before i decide for sure.
15 including atleast brandon and some n.o. ppl
word.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I also don't believe that the venerable Captain is a counter to Luigi. In fact, I believe different Luigi styles have different counters, rather than a set number of counters to the Loo in general.

Jackets

Smash Rookie
i play Luigi too if it matters >_> he's my strong second.

*also learning IC, those little eskimos are **** fun*

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Screw y'all, now I'll have to find another character. At least until everyone forgets about Luigi and focuses on another one, making Luigi sexy again.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
so no one said anything about my post. way to be attentive everyone.
on a side note i was coming down jefferson towards government in the left lane and a big black suv in the right lane decided to make a U turn right infront of me so id hit him, (no blinker used either) and as soon as we collide, he takes off down a side street and idk if my car was in the right condition to chase him. now my cars all ****ty and i dont know how the **** im going to pay to fix it. im not the happiest ive ever been.
word

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
lee's luigi also beat johns marth 2 outta 3x.
impressive?

but yea, Taylor, i'm all over that idea.

and just for everyone's info, This saturday will be my LAST day of work for TARGET. Due to winter season ending, the company only needs half the cast, so many employees i know and myself have been given a week's notice until we're history.

soooooooooo...i guess my weekends will be free tempoarily for smashfests, until i get a new job. So..i guess that smashfest at taylor's sounds good for now.
still sux i need another job now though.....i'm not gonna start hunting immediately though. maybe in a week.

Mary

Smash Rookie
inm ready for some ompetitve smash now. just let me nkwo andi lll be therr. and the boooz toooo. lets go baton rouge!!!!!!!!!!. oijk really. letas play!!!!

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Ganon> everyone. Anyway, I will be heading back to Monroe, I am still mad I had to miss all of the tournies because of work and friends b-days. I will try and come down to smash as much as possible, I just wish I didn't have to go back on a thursday.

Top Bottom