• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. So the tourney at Gameware will be Saturday January 20th at 1:00 p.m. The rules will be the same as all of the other Gameware tourneys. Double-Elimination. Anyone who's willing to bring tv's and gamecubes please let me know. I'll be bringing 2 tv's and 1 gamecube.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I'm still learning Captain Falcon.

V_V It's a never ending process . . . Especially since there are so many matchups I've never even seen before, so I don't exactly have the muscle memory down for them yet.

Um, I guess I should learn Y. Link or something since everyone else seems so busy <.<

[edit] I hate my computer.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
yeah i use young link a lot. him and luigi are probably my best low tiers. idk who would be better i guess it just depends on what character im fighting.
but y. ink is really fun to play. AND sexy.!
so i say. Go for it.!

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Gameware tourney.... totally didnt see that one coming. Well I'm in and I'm accepting money matches.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
What's up everybody, sorry for putting this up last minute, but there's a biweekly in Prichard, Al I'm holding. Single $10 and Teams $15(together), 1p.m - 2 p.m. are warmups 2p.m. the tourney will begin. The price will stay the same if turn out is good, the price will decreace if turnout is bad. If your able to come PM me or just post it here. I have to rent tables and chairs for this tourney thats why I need to know. If your able to come, bring a cube, t.v., or a power strip if able. Thanks

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
dude yea everyone go to rag's tourney me and ram will be there.....

also i feel for u taylor dude with the wreck thing and the point of this thread being the most non attentive..... o well........ people r people.

RAM

Smash Lord
and with that being said that's why I hate PPL, ( not ppl I know like Taylor cause he's just pure awesomeness ) but yeah it's only like a hour drive from Baton rouge for some steady OOS competion yall should def come. *cough* Cyphus and Lee *Cough*
*Cough* everyone from La *Cough*

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
dude ryan u need a cough drop or something....... crap its contageous............. *cough* cyphus lee *cough* *cough* taylor eet *cough* *cough* everyone else *cough* *cough* *wink* *wink* *COUGH MOTHER ****ER COUGH*

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
It's at Gameware in the Mall of Louisiana here in Baton Rouge. Gameware is on the 1st floor between the two Dillard's. The mall has a site ( mallofla.com, I think) which has an address.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so my new apt has alot more room in it.
i could probably make some room and get 4-6 tvs depending on the people
lets say either friday or saturday the 26 or the 27th
if thats no good for people we can push it back a week
i'll get a time later probably starting between noon and 3 pm.
id like to get atleast 15 or so people commited to coming before i decide for sure.
15 including atleast brandon and some n.o. ppl
word.

i'm all over this now that i'm laid-off work. =O
yea, but sorry to hear about ur car.
reminds me of when me, lee, and the idiots driving in front of us were a 1/3 second away for death. Driving back from BatonRouge, cruising a 80 mph, a car in the right lane that is going about 30 mph decides to pull into the left lane to make the U turn onto the other side and HIT THE BREAKS.
i had like zero time to think but had to make a decision fast..but i knew if i woulda turned the wheel hard at that speed, my car would have just turned sideways and side impact is just more fatal.
so i jerked to the right half way and then started turning left and breaking and letting off repeatedly for the next 10 seconds as i fought w/ my car to stay on the road and did 180 spin (continuing to drift backwards) when i wake up Lee w/ a friendly "HOLD ON!!!"
Lee musta been trippin' cuz when he opened his eyes, we were going backwards at like 70mph w/ another car facing us not that far behind!, lol.
then we managed to resume our turn and complete a 360 degree returning to face the right way, still moving fast, and eventually we slide off into between the highways, resting crooked in the decline of my dead car. good times.
i guess all i'm trying to say is. i'm awesome!

SMASHFEST AT TAYLORS. What part of that don't u n00bs understand 8D
Keep us updated Taylor.
as a heads up though, N.O. is all gay. Ricky, Ray, and John all work at the same place and prolly impossible for them to get off. (ignoring the fact, NONE of them have a vehicle in the first place) but we can try anyway, since we do have a good notice.

Jackets

Smash Rookie
hey, i'd totally go to taylors smashfest if im welcome, but id also need a ride there and back....*puppy dog eyes*

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I ****. I thought about it today, and I said to myself "Ice, I'm pretty sure you ****." And then I looked at myself and said "No, I don't think so, I mean, look at everyone else." Then I slapped myself and said "Yeah, I looked at them and decided I ****, I ****." So yeah, that's how my day went. I'm drunk. It took me 30 minutes to write this in correct english.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
but like yea....i know i'm awesome and all, but its hard to apprecite my awesomeness when noone less awesome is around to compare it to....so like where the **** has everyone been?

no more work for me..and i ain't GONNA work for 2 months, so i'm FREE to smash it up all i want as long as it doens't interfere w/ school. (which isn't a big problem cuz i have all morning classes, w/ the exception on monday being unavailable due to a night class)
so like..lee's still working up his luigi to god-mode, and i'm still learning Capt...i have al lthe right mental intentions in battle w/ him, but i just suck at timing his repeated shuffle combos and crap. I roll alot and shield briefly and don't press the stick hard enough, lean his jump back as I sex, etc, etc, etc..he's really technically complicated..and harder than fox/falco imo, cuz he has to be cautious of his distance/reach game for all his approaches as well as extremely fast reflexes and DI chasing skills for shuffles and tech punishes....he's actually getting pretty frustrating to get down tech-wise...but i WILL eventually be comfortable w/ him ,__,

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I'll definately show up if Taylor throws a smashfest.

Cyphus, you should go to the next gametrader tournament at the Esplanade Mall on wednesday if you've got the free time. We could head over to Dibbz afterwards.

I'm back in Baton Rouge for the spring semester at LSU, so if anyone wants to call me for a few games my cell is 504-810-4394.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm going to Dibbz tonight...not sure yet if lee is coming. but ricky, ray, john all should be there.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder that there is a Gameware tournament this Saturday, January 20th at 1:00 p.m. Players may show up before then and play if they wish. It will be a $5 entry fee and prizes will most likely be cash. People are also welcome to bring their own tv's and gamecubes if they want to. The more, the better. I'll also be posting around other places as well so we can get a good turnout so there can be more money for the prizes.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
god*!?*#$?, why can I never get a break. I can't be down that weekend on account of a basketball game. Jesus, I can't get to a tourny to save my life nowadays.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
SMASHFEST TOMORROW NIGHT AT DIBBZ PC CAFE ON VETERANS ROAD KENNER/N.O.

EVERYONE COME.

RAM and his sick luigi is back in town and he's in.
Me and Lee are going.
Ricky, Ray, and John are also expected to come. =)

BatonRouge, u guys should come too. The place stays open past 3am or some crap..so u can smash on 2 massive zero-lag TVs all you want for free. Drinks available at counter for reasonable price, as well as pool table, etc (if you haven't been here yet). mcdonalds, wedny's etc are a minute down the road.

so SCREW your gameware tournament and gametrader tournaments tomorrow..and come to Dibbz.

Let's make this RAM vs. Houma vs. N.O. vs. BatonRouge

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
no, for rizzle.
batonrouge, u should come make it an official Tri-City LA smashfest. come on u n00bs.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hmm....I would go but I NEED GAZZ and I don't feel like driving. Another day RAm shall we do a rematch ^^. O_O Sorry, Battle Rouge is full of Academic nerds.

Nyte Spikes

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ite so now we also got Kyle and Matt coming to our smashfest.
Cyphus, Lee, RAM, Ricky, Ray, John, Kyle, Matt. Looks good to me =)

for anyone who doesn't know who kyle is, he's a really good marth player. I'd say on par w/ mr.nicknyte himself :p

ah yes..and becuz of my dad's former company being liquidated and such....he's found a new company in Tennessee that asked him and my mom to come for the weekend there. Apparently it looks like a job offer, and they've already given details about paying for the trucks to move all our stuff up north. :-/

but eh..i dunno. that kinna sux. I'll prolly try to get an apartment w/ a friend if that happens. If i can't afford it though, i'll have no choice but to move to TN. a state where everyone sux at smash :O

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Dude, I hate to say it in your own state thread... but TN>LA. You're better off going there. Assuming of course that you go to a popular smash area like Memphis. There's a heck of alot more players there, and generally at a higher level of play. I mean, just look at Nite.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Manko, I don't think just because a State has better smashers(?) is as better reasons to move I think friends and finances are better reasons. Besides, Nite is sexy cause he can do Nite Spykes.

Nyte Spikes = Nite Spykes

Homonyms: The great equalizer.

Also, Denoucing the state is disrespectful, man. ;_;

Sudai

Stuff here
I wouldn't say Kyle = Nicknyte. I think Nyte is better at spacing tips well..as much as I hate that tip...

Can't go friday btw...Work sucks and didn't give me off either day this week that I asked off.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
*is cyphus*
(leaving for N.O. now)

iuno about TN being > LA. i was just messing around w/ the whole "a state where everyone sux", but i don't think i could say any of them would in particular be "better" than me. as far as i'm concerned i can beat almost anyone in the country if u give me 5 or so chances. at FC6 of all the pros i fought they were almost entirely close matches.
They might have 'more' good smashers, but i'm confident i could wing it w/ any of them. ;)

and supposedly we would move 50 miles from nashville (not sur which cirection)..so no clue how close i'd be to anyone.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
right, you're too good. You need be surrounded by others near your level. LA is holding you back! >_<

(in all seriousness though... move to FL. ;))

Top Bottom