• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Hey guys! What's Shulks favorite keyboard button?
BACKSLASH!

Edit: Stole that joke from reddit. Laughed way harder than I should have.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Ok well I guess I'll just say something about The Monthly Godlike 2 that happened to me. I was playing TC123 or whatever he was called in the Melee Losers' Bracket. I chose my character and he hovered over Ness(before the stage striking happened) and chose him. I said "Whoa you main Ness?"
He said "No I don't just putting him as my character"
After that I asked "Well who do you main?"
He said "I can't answer that yet.
And this was again before any of us struck any stage. It was unfair to have him know my character, and me not know his. I didn't say anything because I wasn't 100% sure if it was against the rules. I know it just sounds like I'm whining but owell.

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Ok well I guess I'll just say something about The Monthly Godlike 2 that happened to me. I was playing TC123 or whatever he was called in the Melee Losers' Bracket. I chose my character and he hovered over Ness(before the stage striking happened) and chose him. I said "Whoa you main Ness?"
He said "No I don't just putting him as my character"
After that I asked "Well who do you main?"
He said "I can't answer that yet.
And this was again before any of us struck any stage. It was unfair to have him know my character, and me not know his. I didn't say anything because I wasn't 100% sure if it was against the rules. I know it just sounds like I'm whining but owell.
I'm pretty sure it goes against the rule of double blind. I play a multitude of characters in every game so I usually don't care or just never have had this problem. When I sit down the striking starts immediately or we both choose characters then strike.

TC123

Smash Cadet
I knew you played peach and assumed you knew I played Sheik so I didn't want to just be 100% predictable, and I never asked you to verify that you were playing peach, so you could have easily been doing the same thing as me. To the best of my knowledge, in the rules you strike stages, then pick your character, then play. But next time we play I'll let you pick the stage for game 1. And I'll play Sheik.

Last edited:

TC123

Smash Cadet
And next time you have a question about a potential failing to adhere to any rules, just bring it up to your opponent and possibly an official so that something could be done about it before it's too late.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Jesus H Christ people, game 1 you pick characters first. If you do double blind, you still do it BEFORE striking starters.

For counterpicking, it's bans and stages before characters. Only game 2 and beyond tho.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
For those who still check this thread: Erick sent me a text earlier today. Wintercon will be on January 24th at Laser Tag in Baton Rouge. He will also be trying to get internet at his place sometime soon, I think sometime next week. Either way, I just wanted to give you guys the heads up. The thread and other details will come in due time. Hope things are going well.

LaSocks

Smash Rookie
Does LA have any events in the foreseeable future? Was hoping to get out and play before the end of September.

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist

LaSocks

Smash Rookie
Could I get a link to an event for that Biweekly?. Or an address? Also appreciate the reply.

Last edited:

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
It looks like I may finally have a good chance of going to VVB/Risk's Bi-Weeklies and the Revival of Lafayette. (cross fingers pls)
I've been feeling pretty lame for not being able to go to the previous two RoLs.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
so i dropped brawl(wooo). practicing more melee and pm now. gonna be best peach/zelda in the south leggo.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Smart move. Not that any brawl events will ever be run again...

Top Bottom