• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That Shreveport cave is hype, y'all need to go check it out. Me and XKCP were there (he's been there) and I had actual fun playing melee???? If this is what get's me into melee then so be it but I'm telling ya! Y'all need to try this place out, it's AWSOME! I'll be going today for some P:M if anyone wants to join me!
So whats the status on starting events there?

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
So whenever DF comes down, we decided to always play our friendlies in this card shop where a few of my friends go. They were ok with it and had a few CRTs around. One guy joined in because he was hype to see melee. Hopefully we can start the jankiest of scenes up here

VVB

SD Champ
So whenever DF comes down, we decided to always play our friendlies in this card shop where a few of my friends go. They were ok with it and had a few CRTs around. One guy joined in because he was hype to see melee. Hopefully we can start the jankiest of scenes up here
Jank scenes OP.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I love seeing these posts about scenes growing! Like, Ruston had just been me, Okuser and Eman for the longest but now we have a whole P:M scene and tournaments at Tech.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
That would be unfair as hell. So far we have one guy with Tourette's who played (no disrespect just painting a picture) and he was like oh I love this game and proceeded to not know how to recover with up b.
But you know me if we add money to this crew battle I'm about that life.

'V'

Smash Lord
Same could be said for BSP, though.

***********Perhaps this was all written in the stars.************** (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSP used to be "mariobrouser", then he switched to BSP. I've used BSL all my life, starting when I was like 6 and had "bsltiger" as my aol username.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
BSP used to be "mariobrouser", then he switched to BSP. I've used BSL all my life, starting when I was like 6 and had "bsltiger" as my aol username.
Thor is a chick.

I've switched between millions of usernames over the years.
I think I've only had the one. Well, I was something else in WoW, and I was LuigitheInfertile in GW, but that's it.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I've only ever been Sapphire Dragon, Sapphire, or Sapphire Ryu.

I think one time when I was 7 I put my real name when I was commenting on some Animal Planet webpage... but that doesn't count.

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
pickle962 is a username I've had since I was little when I made an account on Lego.com waaaayyyyy back in the day so I could play games and stuff. Needless to say, it has stuck!

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I'm RuslinJimmies for smash.
Been Rusl (dude from your village in twilight princess) for pokemon since gen 3 and prior to that I used Ed or Mystari.
And for most mmorpg's I'm IcedMd

Last edited:

Logz

Smash Cadet
I always used to refer to myself as anything with the word "grim" in it because I had such a fascination with the grim reaper and his design. I think a lot of people over the internet probably mistook it as me being a grim person lol, which is totally the opposite kind of person I am.

Random Samus Kid

Smash Rookie
Hey, to everyone that came to RofL yesterday, thank you SO much! I know things lasted a bit longer than anticipated, but I think we're still trying to figure out how to do the P:M to Melee transition efficiently. It's tough switching while we have such hype finals haha. We had 52 signups for P:M singles and 19 teams; 31 for Melee singles and 10 teams. Those numbers haven't been seen in Lafayette in years (maybe never?)! I know school starts soon, so it'll be difficult for some to make it out for a while, but as of right now, we plan on having tournaments of RofL's caliber every two months, so keep an eye out for future dates!
Congratulations to Lee on winning P:M singles and doubles, as well as Melee singles! Also congratulations to Taylor and Tim for 1st place in Melee doubles! Awesome turnout, guys, thanks again!

The LITE Center btw, was super excited to have us there, and while I'm pretty sure we may have put Marco in the dog house for being there so late, he said they'd totally be down for more tournaments there. He actually said regular friendlies would be welcome there as well, so we may move our usual biweekly Round Robins there.

I've been a quiet part of the smash scene since '06, so I really appreciate everyone being so supportive of our efforts to give back and make something out of Lafayette. Let's continue making this the best year for Smash!

Top Bottom