• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I used to care about getting good and then I realized my basic tactics still worked and were enough to do good enough in tourneys.

Random Samus Kid

Smash Rookie
Working anti-tourney hours but having a good time. I'll rejoin the community when the time is right. Smash 4 rosalina main right here. Although the 1st tourney I'll enter will be playing as solo Green Fox to represent a certain you know who, that never got to play this game. Funny enough I was actually in the room the very first time he played brawl... his reception to the game was less than stellar. Although a melee 2 will never happen (project M withstanding), I hope smash 4 is closer to what he wanted out of a smash sequel.
Hey Blaise! Yeah man, VVB and I were there that anticlimactic night, playing Brawl for about two hours then switching to Melee lol. Looking forward to seeing you take names in Sm4sh man, we miss ya.

Oh btw, if you ever travel oos with us again, I promise not to drive into a random bed frame on the highway...

VVB

SD Champ
As if you guys needed a reminder, but...

Revival of Lafayette 2 August 16th! LET'S GO!
SWF: http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-...e-rofl-2-ssbm-p-m-lafayette-louisiana.362898/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/237389263137237

We've got nearly 50 confirmed entries so far on the facebook group and I know that there are some that are going that haven't responded to the event, so we are looking at nearly DOUBLE the people we had in attendance for RofL1. I'm really looking forward to getting everything spot on for this one, so any help or recommendations for a smoother tournament experience for any of you, let us know! We have about 12 set ups confirmed and possibly 2 streams, as well. This will be the first time we use this new venue (AiE @ LITE Center), but we have ton of options available to us here and have some cool new stuff to try.

Speaking of the venue, here is some more information regarding it:

- The actual space we are using is a office classroom. Once you enter the LITE Center building it is on the second floor, suite 211. You can either take the stairs on the left as you walk into the building or take the elevator at the right of the entrance. Once at suite 211 there is a lobby - the door at the back left of the lobby is the entrance to the room we are using.

- We have access to the main room and a conference room. As of now, all set ups will be in the main room and the conference room will be used to eat/hang out in. As always, PLEASE be sure to clean up your trash if you decide to bring food to eat. We may use this room for friendly set ups depending on the amount of set ups we have.

- There is no places to eat within walking distance of the venue, but a short 1-2 minute drive there is a Cane's, Popeyes, Taco Bell, etc. Again, if you do decide to eat at the venue, please PLEASE pick up after yourself.

I'm super hype for this weekend and can't wait to see everyone! LET'S GO!

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
I'm glad we'll have a good tourney like this to end the summer =)

As for suggestions, last tourney you ran was fine. Round robin pools would be pretty awesome but that's up to you guys

King Ignant

Smash Rookie
Hello from Shreveport, LA!

I am more than excited to announce to the Smash Melee/Project: M community the opening of The Blitzkrieg Den. Our team, Almost eSports, is dedicated to bringing hype in competitive fighters in the south, and opening the Den is our first step to achieving that goal.

The Blitzkrieg Den is the location of Saturday Shreveport Showdown, Shreveport's premier weekly tournament circuit. As part of our main lineup for games, we offer both the aforementioned tournaments, as well as Under Night In Birth: EXE: Late, and Ultra Street Fighter IV. Here is our information: (sorry, cant post links yet. replace 'dot' with '.')

Saturday Shreveport Showdown Tournament Circuit Facebook page:
wwwdotfacebookdotcom/sssalmostesports

SSSTC will post pictures of the events, results, and news concerning the weekly tournaments.

The Blitzkrieg Den Dedicated Smash Stream:
wwwdottwitchdottv/ blitzkrieg_den/profile

Only smash! Right up this audience's alley ;)

The Blitzkrieg Den Youtube Channel:
wwwdotyoutubedotcom/ channel/ UCKMp04uN8DzzvwJGfx_yvLg

Please tune in later to watch some of the matches when we have them ready!

Starting September, the venue fee will be five dollars, and each game entered will be five as well. Until then, everything is free.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this information. Please message me if you have any questions.
Oh, but don't ask about Brawl. We're not ever going to host Brawl.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I wish I could ask about brawl.

What about smash 4?

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
What about entrants bringing their own set ups? It's a common practice that's fairly established already.

King Ignant

Smash Rookie
What about entrants bringing their own set ups? It's a common practice that's fairly established already.
I did forget to mention that if entrants bring their own setups and they are used then venue fee is wavered.

King. I like to imagine your avatar is a self portrait.
It really represents my lifeless personality and my need to fill my empty soul with alcohol. The tie represents my shackle to the oppressive system. The paleness shows how scared I am to confront life.

....Or I really just like the French RPG Maker game OFF. Either or. Take your pick.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Yeah I would love to come up there. I'm actually in Anacoco which is a little closer to you than fort polk, but anyway the only hindering factor is how many saturdays I will be able to get off since I have recently elevated myself up from bum status to slacker status by acquiring a job at walmart.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
not to be a negative nancy but do fb attendees really attend things. like i mean that brawl tourney at dibbz a while ago had like 100 people going. only about 32 showed.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
not to be a negative nancy but do fb attendees really attend things. like i mean that brawl tourney at dibbz a while ago had like 100 people going. only about 32 showed.
In my experience, it's right to assume about half of your facebook attendees will show.

Last edited:

VVB

SD Champ
I think that's mostly because people just invite everyone on their FB list rather than people who are a part of the smash community. Looking through the list of people that responded, I know at least 85% of the people on there and I know that there are some that have said they were coming but didn't respond to the event invite. I realize that it's not going to be the EXACT number of people actually attending, but it'll be close to it. 60 people responded to LAGG and about 45-50 showed, so I'd say it's safe to say it's pretty close.

'V'

Smash Lord
So whoever thought that Meta Knight wasn't coming back, I told y'all so. 6 more years, guys!!! LOL

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
Well all we know is that Shuttle Loop no longer glides so far, but that doesn't doesn't really mean much in a game where everyone can recover. lol

Also, it's already been established multiple times that Sakurai doesn't know how to balance his game properly.

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Apparently he hired 12 people this time around for the sole purpose of game balance, he had 4 for brawl iirc.

I like to imagine the way he can tell if the game is balanced is by watching 64-man lvl 9 cpu tournaments

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
That Shreveport cave is hype, y'all need to go check it out. Me and XKCP were there (he's been there) and I had actual fun playing melee???? If this is what get's me into melee then so be it but I'm telling ya! Y'all need to try this place out, it's AWSOME! I'll be going today for some P:M if anyone wants to join me!

Last edited:
Top Bottom