• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I mean, aside from people still not knowing how to play or spamming, a lot of the moves seem to have less lag, got to actually see people do combos and try to edgeguard. Also got to a lot of Rosaluma, she was in almost every Wii U match up.

3DS play also seems very solid from what I saw in the 1v1s as well. I do question Bowser being too strong and that needing to be adjusted, but other than that it looked pretty fun to pick up and play.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
The build that they have at Comic Con has already been said to be the same build from E3, so whatever landing lag that we may have experienced before is still there. Nintendo reps have confirmed this. Some people seem to be getting the hang of it a little better now from what I saw, at least. That might be the reason behind it looking a little faster, but it's still pretty slow.

Bowser OP!!!

Last edited:

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
So apparently we just needed conditioning then, but it's kinda hard to do that with 4 min of total gameplay at most.
Even then, what I saw today looked pretty promising and I think I'm starting to see how Rosaluma works.
Also, 3DS hype!

ChKn

Smash Ace
From DEHF,

[–]larrylurr[S] 20 points 2 hours ago

I picked Bowser because a Brawl player named Zigsta told me he was really good. He told me all these things Bowser could do, then I tried him and thought he was amazing. I feel really happy having the only red robe, was wearing it around for quite a while lol.

Bestrin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4656-9213-2468
No doubt bestrin imma try to get all the smash in a can before i graduate its been crazy in FL though might have to find a ride link to the Get Good?
No link yet. We haven't made plans yet. But we WILL be hosting tournies and posting them. If you're here or on the LA Smash facebook page, you will know about them.

Cauthon Luck

Smash Rookie
I had fun, and I got in quite a bit of singles/some doubles.

As for who I am, I'm a Zelda player who is pretty new to competitive smash who recently moved back to LA from FL

Aracrist

Smash Rookie
Hello Louisiana people.
I'm new here so I have nothing to contribute, yet here I am.
Hope to see you guys soon at some tournaments though.
August 9th is looking like the next one, right?

D

Deleted member

i really dont think zelda is bad im PM. not saying shes great, but i dont think she is bad.

'V'

Smash Lord
i really dont think zelda is bad im PM. not saying shes great, but i dont think she is bad.
She's not terrible, but she still struggles against like every relevant character (which is like... a lot...), especially all the characters that were a problem in Melee. lol

I'd put her as one of the least viable of the actual viable portion of the roster (so somewhere in Mid-tier). She has strengths, but still not too many options to escape juggles and close-quarter pressure while still not being fast enoughto deal with fast campers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i disagree. i think she has some bad match ups (like all PM characters. too hard to balance everyone), but in general i would put her at a decent position.

Bestrin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4656-9213-2468
LOL guys, Zelda in PM, Peach in Melee, Pit in brawl, although I no longer play that game. I like floaty characters.

Zelda is at least workable in PM.

I believe you and I played at The Peoples' Tournament. Do you dislike Peach in PM? Your Peach gave both me and my friend a lot more trouble that day than your Zelda.

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Hello Louisiana people.
This sunday in BR we're having the cove monthly, it's melee singles only

August 9 there will be a tournament in baton rouge

August 16 Lafayette will have a tourney with PM and Melee

Last edited:

Cauthon Luck

Smash Rookie
Was your friend the Bowser player? Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Peach in PM. Everyone has stupid good recoveries, which probably hurts peach more than anyone else, since she relies on gimping people. Peach is also basically the same as melee, since she only got buffs on Toad, Peach Bomb, and Uptitlt, and only 1 of those is a usable move, even with the buffs. Downsmash also had it's knockback nerfed, so Peach is basically the same with a better uptilt and a worse downsmash. I've been working on both the Ness and Bowser matchups with my Zelda though so hopefully I'll put on a better performance next time.

Logz

Smash Cadet
Hello Louisiana people.
Hi welcome to the LA smash thread. Most of the tournaments that are happening soon will be taking place in BR. Not sure what part of LA you're from, but imo BR has the most players out of the other parts of LA. Hopefully by the time school starts we'll be running our LSU Monthlies again, so look forward to that.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Was your friend the Bowser player? Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Peach in PM. Everyone has stupid good recoveries, which probably hurts peach more than anyone else, since she relies on gimping people. Peach is also basically the same as melee, since she only got buffs on Toad, Peach Bomb, and Uptitlt, and only 1 of those is a usable move, even with the buffs. Downsmash also had it's knockback nerfed, so Peach is basically the same with a better uptilt and a worse downsmash. I've been working on both the Ness and Bowser matchups with my Zelda though so hopefully I'll put on a better performance next time.
You clearly haven't heard of glidetoss insta toss nair shield pressure. Peach isn't terrible at all bro, she got tha moves.

'V'

Smash Lord
Peach is another one of those characters that I think could be really great in the right hands. Once they bring the big nerf to recoveries in the next patch, I think she'll start to see a lot more representation. I like playing her when the situation presents itself. She started out as my main and I did pretty well with her.

Top Bottom